Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

How patient are y’all going to be with CJ Stroud this season?

It wasn’t so much that you were wrong, rather than it had the “I know more than the football people do” attitude that came with it.

So now you feel like you’re getting your nose rubbed in it? :heh:

Deal with it.
I guess everyone reads with a different attitude.

Deal with it.

That’s why we’re armchair GM’s Coaches, Scouts and Owners. Lol we’ve all said some funny stuff on this board. We’ve all been wrong about a lot of stuff as well. That’s why we are here and not on some team getting paid the big bucks.

I had a strong feeling CJ was going to be good but not this good. I also said he had the potential to be a franchise quarterback.

Why, they weren't. You're basically saying the same thing when you say draft your QB & build around him. Different strokes, different folks. & if you can't tell, that's not what's happening here. The coaches are doing an incredible job getting good results from fundamental techniques.

If it wasn't a big deal, you wouldn't have dug up those old posts to lol about.
The last sentence is a pattern

That’s why we’re armchair GM’s Coaches, Scouts and Owners. Lol we’ve all said some funny stuff on this board. We’ve all been wrong about a lot of stuff as well. That’s why we are here and not on some team getting paid the big bucks.

I had a strong feeling CJ was going to be good but not this good. I also said he had the potential to be a franchise quarterback.
honestly, I got no problem with lol when it's in the flow of things. But to dig some crap up from even a day ago when the conversation has obviously moved on... what are you (not you "you") trying to prove? That's the problem.

We're talking, you take a stab at me... it's all good, we're buds. Right?

Bud's don't keep on you about that girl you... ok, we do that. But this is different.

First off, as CJ Stroud says himself, Texan fans deserve change’s happening down on Kirby, after years of suffering inept, dysfunction, unwanted but guess unavoidable byproducts that come along with expansion franchise.

To get it right, starting with DeMeco and his prize fellow 49’er, OC Bobby Slowick, Stroud was blessed. Now it’s payback! This topic (acquisition of a franchise QB) has been super charged since days of Carr. It’s been a nightmare, don’t care to dig up the dead, but there are incalculable moments of poster crossing poster, heat of the moment, moments of clarity, hope, dismay, happiness and sadness just to name a few.

CJ Stroud was my #1 target to become a Texan and answer for this franchise. I tried to be level headed, analytical and factual but overtime several who disagreed (wanted to pass on taking QB) mounting frustration upon frustration to point, quietly enjoyed draft @ home. You all know who you are! Work is done, horse in the barn, moving on, enjoy the ride:logo:

CJ Stroud was my #1 target to become a Texan and answer for this franchise. I tried to be level headed, analytical and factual but overtime several who disagreed (wanted to pass on taking QB) mounting frustration upon frustration to point, quietly enjoyed draft @ home. You all know who you are! Work is done, horse in the barn, moving on, enjoy the ride:logo:
Sorry I missed you wanting Stroud.

I only remember one guy pounding the table for him. Seemed like everyone else wanted Young... Bryce Young. & I wasn't down for that.

There was a lot of, "if we have to get a QB I want Stroud." But only one guy I remember (& that's not really trustworthy) saying he wanted Stroud with that #2 pick, even if we had the #1 pick.

I was wrong... I see you beerlover

Last edited:
I was one of those guys back pre-draft

I wouldn’t expect most to admit who they were, so props to you as a stand up guy. Trust me you were not alone. I worked months behind the scenes to change a very important person to me, opinions of Stroud and to be honest I failed and it didn’t sit well. So when anybody says it’s in the past move on that may be fine for some, but I’m of those serious guys who takes things personally. So when a draft prospect I fall for is within the Texan grasp, whether it be Sauce or Stroud, I may move on but never forget.

I wouldn’t expect most to admit who they were, so props to you as a stand up guy. Trust me you were not alone. I worked months behind the scenes to change a very important person to me, opinions of Stroud and to be honest I failed and it didn’t sit well. So when anybody says it’s in the past move on that may be fine for some, but I’m of those serious guys who takes things personally. So when a draft prospect I fall for is within the Texan grasp, whether it be Sauce or Stroud, I may move on but never forget.
His play changed my opinion of the player. I don't take things as personal or as serious as some I guess.

There are much more important things in life.

Sorry I missed you wanting Stroud.

I only remember one guy pounding the table for him. Seemed like everyone else wanted Young... Bryce Young. & I wasn't down for that.

There was a lot of, "if we have to get a QB I want Stroud." But only one guy I remember (& that's not really trustworthy) saying he wanted Stroud with that #2 pick, even if we had the #1 pick.

I was wrong... I see you beerlover

In this thread from just before the draft 26 April-

I think they galaxy brain this one and draft Wilson, but I'm hoping for Stroud.

I also have Stroud as my QB1 here and my pick at 1-1 (from 7 December, and I don't recall changing my mind between then and the draft)

I am in no way "locked in" on Richardson- he's my QB3 in this draft, behind Stroud and Young. He's an option for me in the late first or early second, but by no means am I writing him into my mock draft at the moment. I'm probably still leaning towards picking Stroud at 1-1, so I wouldn't be picking Richardson later.

I'm sure there are plenty of other people on the board who wanted Stroud. They probably just weren't as vocal as the very loud anti-Stroud contingent was/is.

EDIT- I should also add that I think it is probably too early to start dunking on the anti-Stroud crowd. If Stroud were playing poorly I'd argue that it would be too early to call him a bust, so I'm going to stay consistent and say that it is too early to start celebrating. Even if I think there is very little chance that he doesn't stay a very good NFL QB.

Last edited:
EDIT- I should also add that I think it is probably too early to start dunking on the anti-Stroud crowd. If Stroud were playing poorly I'd argue that it would be too early to call him a bust, so I'm going to stay consistent and say that it is too early to start celebrating. Even if I think there is very little chance that he doesn't stay a very good NFL QB.
Good stuff.

I was absolutely not sold on any of these QBs at #2. I didn't like Young's size, whether Stroud was made to look better because of the team surrounding him and his possible issues with dirty pockets and pressure, Anthony Richardson's lack of polish and experience as a QB (I don't like the Lamar Jackson mold of QB), or Levis' lack of accuracy.

I was wrong about Stroud.

But I said this in another post. I don't have to be right. They have to be right. And it looks like they were.

Even before the season started, I was hella excited to see what we had because the Texans made some BOLD moves. And I think they're going to pay off.

I was absolutely not sold on any of these QBs at #2. I didn't like Young's size, whether Stroud was made to look better because of the team surrounding him and his possible issues with dirty pockets and pressure, Anthony Richardson's lack of polish and experience as a QB (I don't like the Lamar Jackson mold of QB), or Levis' lack of accuracy.

I was wrong about Stroud.

But I said this in another post. I don't have to be right. They have to be right. And it looks like they were.

Even before the season started, I was hella excited to see what we had because the Texans made some BOLD moves. And I think they're going to pay off.

That's alright. I didn't think Jalen Hurts or Justin Herberts would be any good. There isn't a GM in the league that thought that Brock Purdy could play. It's a crapshoot. I see people gushing over Caleb Williams but I caution them, there is no guarantee that he's going to be a good NFL QB.

Texas used its own pick to take CJ. Carolina traded the farm to move to #1 and pick a guy that, at best, will probably be only a decent NFL QB. Atlanta got Desmond Ridder last year in the THIRD round. Have you checked out Carolina's forum? They're despondent.

Last edited:
So, when are you going to finally man up and admit that you were completely wrong about Stroud?

I doubt you even show your face again. :loser

He will be back. He always comes back.

When we are at our lowest again that is when he returns. The Texans/Stroud will have a bad game. He will be back for an I told you so. And then disappear when the Texans/Stroud rights the ship.

I'm here. Not going anywhere. Not afraid of the drunk Kool-Aid Brigade.

My MVP is Bobby Slowik. I give him all the credit. When you look at what he has done for Nico Collins and how an average OL at best that has been decimated by injuries has performed as well as they have, Slowik by all measures, has been phenomenal. I stand behind my earlier comments, Slowik has catered the offense to make it very easy and QB-friendly. The 2-second passing game takes a lot of QB decision-making out of the offense.

Now for the bad news. Don't be surprised if next year you see Bobby Slowik as a new NFL Head Coach. Think Chicago and his new QB Caleb Williams.

Last edited:

My MVP is Bobby Slowik. I give him all the credit. When you look at what he has done for Nico Collins and how an average OL at best that has been decimated by injuries has performed as well as they have, Slowik by all measures, has been phenomenal. I stand behind my earlier comments, Slowik has catered the offense to make it very easy and QB-friendly. The 2-second passing game takes a lot of QB decision-making out of the offense.

Now for the bad news. Don't be surprised if next year you see Bobby Slowik as a new NFL Head Coach. Think Chicago and his new QB Caleb Williams.

The 2-second passing game?? :lol:

They are smartly getting the ball out of his hands quickly.

Like they did for Brady his entire career? I guess Brady is just a guy and Billy O' and Todd McD made him great, they just can't seem to get it right with any other QB or team though.

edit (hit post too soon) - yes, they are getting the ball out quickly - but can any/every QB do that? It's been noted by almost every analyst how impressed they are with him going through his progressions, the open receiver is his #1 receiver etc. etc. but Stroud plays no part in that. Just Slow's play-calling?

That's just silly.

I'm not ready to order his HOF bust, but I'm not ready to use bust in the other way either. He's got talent, and if you can have an OC that best utilizes the talent (cough-Mahomes-Reid-cough) then you MIGHT be able to build something special.

I'd be very surprised.

I think Slowik is good for Stroud and Stroud is good for Slowik. If Slowik can also be good for Pierce and Singletary, I'll start to be a little worried about Slowik going somewhere. Even so, I wouldn't even think about that happening until the Texans start making the playoffs on a consistent basis, and the offense is a big reason why.

Slowik leaving Houston after one year is like saying the Falcons game was a trap game for the Texans. Give me more than two wins, at least.

The 2-second passing game?? :lol:
They are smartly getting the ball out of his hands quickly.
Slowik is doing this to protect Stroud and just as much to help take pressure off the MASH unit of an OL. I saw a stat where Stroud on average is getting rid of the ball in 2.4 seconds or less. So WRs have designed 2.4 sec or < routes they run. It's working rather well for the OL, QB, and WRs so far. The Texans are 25th in rushing with 1 rushing TD. Rushing does expose the injuries on the OL. Hard for Slowik to cover rushing inadequacies with all the OL injuries.

Last edited:

Lol.

Slowik is doing this to protect Stroud and just as much to help take pressure off the MASH unit of an OL. I saw a stat where Stroud on average is getting rid of the ball in 2.4 seconds or less. So WRs have designed 2.4 sec or < routes they run. It's working rather well for the OL, QB, and WRs so far. The Texans are 25th in rushing with 1 rushing TD. Rushing does expose the injuries on the OL. Hard for Slowik to cover rushing inadequacies with all the OL injuries.

I'm one of Slowik's biggest fans and I think he's genius level person and I think he's done a very wise thing running the offense the way he's running it. It will help Stroud have a chance to mature and gain confidence. If he doesn't turn the ball over much I still think this team wins 10 games and I dont expect them to win this weekend. Stroud's level of play has been a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:
Think Chicago and his new QB Caleb Williams.

New England is getting Caleb Williams.

Orchestrated by Goodell, Kraft and Belicheck.

NFL doesn’t want a holdout of Caleb Williams.

giphy.gif

I'm one of Slowik's biggest fans and I think he's genius level person and I think he's done a very wise thing running the offense the way he's running it. It will help Stroud have a chance to mature and gain confidence. If he doesn't turn the ball over much I still think this team wins 10 games and I dont expect them to win this weekend. Stroud's level of play has been a pleasant surprise.
I like the way Slowik is blooding him too.
He seems to be scheming to CJ'S strengths and that is smart.
CJ is definitely getting lots of chances to throw the ball as the running game hasn't been able to get going like it was last year but it would be nice if he could get some help there and relieve a bit more pressure. Perhaps Tunsil and Howard knocked a bit of rust off on the weekend.
I have been pleasantly surprised by Strouds maturity and calmness under pressure and his ability to get the ball out quickly. I knew he was accurate but it is still pretty to watch.
No ints yet is also fascinating as is his low sack count.

The 2 second passing game also takes a decent QB to operate.
When he does have the opportunity to hold on to the ball longer, you can see him going through his reads.
Very very encouraging.

But in Texian’s view, the 2-second passing game is a knock on Stroud, in that he’s either unable to see him going through his progressions, which makes him blinder than a frigging bat, or he’s trolling. Guess which one I’m choosing.
Those are your words not mine. And you really need to stop putting words in my mouth. Look, I understand how the Brigade can get a little pissy every time someone drops a dose of reality into the Kool-Aid. I was effusive in my praise for Slowik. Accept that for what it is and stop trying to make it into something else. What part of, It's working rather well for the OL, QB, and WRs so far, DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? Speaking of trolling....

You called me out on a 6 week old post. I responded to your attack. Because I responded to your attack, I am a troll. I'm not sure Trolling means what you think it means.

Last edited:
If you don't think Slowik made some dramatic changes to the passing game, let me break it down for you. In the first 2 games, the Texans gave up 10 sacks. In the last 3 games, the Texans have given up 0 sacks. How did Slowik accomplish this? Getting rid of the ball < 3 seconds.
It didn't matter what Slowick did.
Stroud was balling from the beginning.
It was a terrible idea for an OC to start a rookie QB off with having to deal with so many free rushers.
That's on Slowick.

At the end of the day, like I said, I'd listen to Kurt Warner and not you, nothing personal.

If you don't think Slowik made some dramatic changes to the passing game, let me break it down for you. In the first 2 games, the Texans gave up 10 sacks. In the last 3 games, the Texans have given up 0 sacks. How did Slowik accomplish this? Getting rid of the ball < 3 seconds.
By the way, you're way way way off on your remark.

The Texans is far from a 2-second offense.

Look at the Time to Throw here:

By the way, you're way way way off on your remark.

The Texans is far from a 2-second offense.

Look at the Time to Throw here:
So the Texans are getting the ball out in < 3 seconds and this includes the 1st 2 games with 10 sacks. OK then.

Back