Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

The typical rib protectors for most QBs (as is the case with Hebert) is made from a downward projecting pad extending from the shoulder pads. Then there is another wrap around pad for the lower ribs. In order to avoid problems with flexibility/bending forward during play, there is a separation of ~3-4 inches between the upper and lower protectors. The QB is most vulnerable when the hit is in or near this essentially bare area. When there is forceful contact in this area, the bottom edge of the uppers and the upper edge of the lowers dig hard into the underlying relatively unprotected ribs. And that is exactly the area where the helmet hit Hebert.

Tom Brady will continue to take plenty of personal time this year. Brady took Wednesday off from practice this week and apparentlly will take every Wednesday off fo the rest of the season. HC Bowles has said that he is OK with this arrangement as long a Brady can maintain his performance on game days.

But, Bowles, more importantly, I have to ask how will this affect the rest of the team with him not present at the most important practice of the week.....the full-contact practice?

Tom Brady will continue to take plenty of personal time this year. Brady took Wednesday off from practice this week and apparentlly will take every Wednesday off fo the rest of the season. HC Bowles has said that he is OK with this arrangement as long a Brady can maintain his performance on game days.

But, Bowles, more importantly, I have to ask how will this affect the rest of the team with him not present at the most important practice of the week.....the full-contact practice?

This is how it will affect Tampa Bay, you can kiss them goodby as playoff contenders. It’s obvious, Tom Brady cannot commit 100% to Football anymore. Bowles is a no nonsense person, getting another opportunity to be NFL coach again, he’s not going to be OK for very long as Brady’s supporting cast can no longer or want to, carry him anymore.

Brady's cast carried him?

How many SB's did that cast win without him?

This is a non-story imo. Veterans have been held out of Wednesday practices for years due to rest. On every team in the league. Tom Brady has been taking Wednesday rest days in previous seasons and it’s only a story because the media wants to talk about him like they are a tabloid.

This is a non-story imo. Veterans have been held out of Wednesday practices for years due to rest. On every team in the league. Tom Brady has been taking Wednesday rest days in previous seasons and it’s only a story because the media wants to talk about him like they are a tabloid.
Quoted for truth

It's not like Tom Brady needs to practice taking snaps from his new Center...oops.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports that Winston is playing with 4 fractures in his back and is dealing with a lot of pain, but adds that doctors do not believe he’s at risk of further injury by playing through the injury. Winston will be playing today with additional padding in hopes of protecting the fractures.

These fractures must be of the transverse vertebral processes for him to be allowed to play. He does have one significant risk in returning this soon................his core will undoubtedly be significantly affected, with increased risk of compensatory injuries.

Tony Romo had a 2-level fracture of his transverse vertebral processes. He suffered it in week 8 of 2014, finished that game and missed the following week before returning.

Cam Newton had the same injury due to a car accident and returned to play after sitting out for 1 week.

Derek Carr

Gipson

A non story? What other NFL QB has missed EVERY contact practice day THROUGHOUT a whole season? It's folly to believe this won't affect the team's performance.

A non story? What other NFL QB has missed EVERY contact practice day THROUGHOUT a whole season? It's folly to believe this won't affect the team's performance.
I'm confused about this thing. Is he on site but not on the practice field? Or at home where the kids are in school and his wife...somewhere where he isn't. Wednesday is install day, and I find it difficult to believe he's not at least present.

I'm confused about this thing. Is he on site but not on the practice field? Or at home where the kids are in school and his wife...somewhere where he isn't. Wednesday is install day, and I find it difficult to believe he's not at least present.
The implication is for spending family time.........which is unlikely to occur at the stadium.

The implication is for spending family time.........which is unlikely to occur at the stadium.
How does the starting QB miss install day? Looking at his performance on the field, it seems like he wasn't there. I know the HC has no control of Brady, but this is just crazy.

Luckily, the Bucs were playing against Jameis Winston. How bad is QBing in the NFL when Jameis Winston is still a starter?

How does the starting QB miss install day? Looking at his performance on the field, it seems like he wasn't there. I know the HC has no control of Brady, but this is just crazy.

Luckily, the Bucs were playing against Jameis Winston. How bad is QBing in the NFL when Jameis Winston is still a starter?
With 4 fractured transverse vertebral fractures.

Joe Burrow is going to turn into Glass Joe if he keeps getting hit at the rate he has. The Bengals OL moves this past off-season have not paid dividends early this season. He has been sacked 13 times in less than 2 games, with a full quarter to go in this week's game.

Joe Burrow is going to turn into Glass Joe if he keeps getting hit at the rate he has. The Bengals OL moves this past off-season have not paid dividends early this season. He has been sacked 13 times in less than 2 games, with a full quarter to go in this week's game.

So much for all those high dollar FA acquisitions.

Bengals are 0-2

They're on the outside looking in. 0-2 doesn't bode well for teams trying to make the playoffs. But, this is a 17 game season.

So now when a reporter asks a question about an athlete playing a sport they are not allowed to have an opinion?

He could have just been a pro and and answered the question like this:

"Supposedly, the research shows it helps the linemen with their heads – it takes some force off our brains a little bit," offensive tackle Kevin Zeitler said. "It's a little warm and heavy right now, but if it's for our future health, it's totally worth it."

But no, JJ wants to be cheeky and pander so he took the whiner angle.

You are allowed to have an opinion on a forum but an athlete playing the sport doesn’t get to have an opinion?

And you guessed wrong. I am not dramatic. I am sensational. I set my standards. Not you.

Whatever helps you pass time.

Reactions: JB

Tom Brady probably installed the offense

wont be for long..1 more stop and its pretty much done.
Yep. Tannehill is the bar of why young can't just build a team and have the qb supplement. If they're not running the ball at a high level, he looks avg-avg. To get the production out of Tannehill after the Miami experience is pretty good though. Texans will get to experience it when Jimmy G is starting here next season.

Yep. Tannehill is the bar of why young can't just build a team and have the qb supplement. If they're not running the ball at a high level, he looks avg-avg. To get the production out of Tannehill after the Miami experience is pretty good though. Texans will get to experience it when Jimmy G is starting here next season.

Lol, you know, i thought about that too. With Lance’s injury, Jimmy G with the Caserio connection can be a real possibility for us next season.

Lol, you know, i thought about that too. With Lance’s injury, Jimmy G with the Caserio connection can be a real possibility for us next season.
I've been standing on it for awhile. Lovie thinks like all he needs is decent offensive play at qb, Caserio probably wants to get this thing turned around to at least start winning the division. So they will draft defensive and offensive guys, sign Jimmy G, keep Mills as a backup and become a remake of the Texans under O'Brien without the qb upside of Watson. Jimmy G will probably cost them 30m vs 45-50m. I've seen this movie before.

I normallu don't watch alot of live games much anymore, but this Bills v Titans is pretty competitive
Watching the Bills and at this point, Allen has completed 21 passes and 9 of them are to Diggs. I don't recall any team or another group of fans complaining and stressing about a great WR1 getting too many targets like we did on this forum. No one else seems to mind or care about the WR1 targets.

Last edited:
Back