Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Dak Prescott suffered a thmb injury of his throwing hand. It is not a ligament injury. It is actually a fracture that include the joint. Not a good type of fracture. At very best, we will see him back no sooner than 6-8 weels, and probably closer to 8 weeks. Since the fracture line goes through the joint, it cannot just be simply placed in a cast. It will require stabilization with pin, screws and plate. Potential complication risk is higher due to the fact that the fracture includes the joint.
Prescott underwent surgery yesterday. Dr, Jerry Jones says that he expects Prescott back within 4 weeks. In 4 weeks, Prescott will not be able to tightly grip a football. If Jerry is stupid enough to put him out there that early, expect some bad consequences.

Recent report appears that TJ Watt did not have a partial tear of his pectoralis tendon as initially reported. He suffered a partial tear of the pectoralis muscle. This means no surgery, since you can't repair muscle. Depending on how his rehab goes, it is possible that he could return to play in 6-8 weeks. Staying smart, I would not have him return before 8 weeks to minimize retear and a much longer rehab.

Andy Reid blames loose turf in Arizona for injuries to Trent McDuffie, Harrison Butker
Posted by Charean Williams on September 13, 2022, 5:58 PM EDT

Chiefs coach Andy Reid criticized the turf at State Farm Stadium, blaming it for injuries to kicker Harrison Butker and rookie defensive back Trent McDuffie.
The grass was re-sodded after the Cardinals’ training camp at the stadium.

It was a little loose. That’s what happens sometimes when you re-sod,” Reid said, via the Associated Press. “It’s part of the Butker injury and the McDuffie injury, and that’s unfortunate. The turf picked up, and I would tell you that did have something to do with it. If it didn’t, I’d tell you that, too. It’s not an excuse by any means. But you all see it when you watch the tape.”

Butker’s plant foot slipped during an early kickoff, injuring his ankle. Safety Justin Reid made one of two extra points before Butker returned to kick a 54-yard field goal and three PATs, but Reid kicked off the rest of the way.
McDuffie injured his hamstring when his feet slipped out from under him, and the Chiefs placed him on injured reserve Tuesday.

State Farm Stadium is maintained by ASM Global, which manages six other NFL stadiums, including Soldier Field. The home of the Bears was re-sodded earlier this month after it was roundly criticized following their preseason opener.
The new turf in Chicago held up during heavy rains Sunday.

The Cardinals have a natural grass field that sits on a tray, allowing it to be slid inside for games and outside to be in the sun, as needed. It also prevents concerts and other events from being held on the grass.

he moved on from trying to screw massage therapists to screwing the poor
"If you were to pay me is there anyway the media can find out where it came from and how much?" Favre asked New in 2017.

Last edited:
Doc they said he tore the muscle but not the tendon and should be back in about 8 weeks. Tell us what are his chances of tearing the tendon if he comes back and what's his performance most likely going to look like?
Chances if tearing the tendon is almost nil. Chances of retearing the muscle is high only if he comes back too soon. The team projects his return to play at 6 weeks...........that's too soon. Eight weeks should be a minimum, but many times it takes up to 12 week rehab. When his muscle is fully rehabbed, his return performance should be close to reinjury.

helmets are going to be re-engineered
1663212415820.png

they'll improve

they'll improve

Honestly JJ sounds like kind of a whiny b*tch there..

From article:

"You feel like a bobblehead," Watt deadpanned. "Like you're gonna fall over. I'll probably get fined for this. This is great. You guys are just screwing me to start out the whole year. There's 15 grand gone."

A whiny *****? You are trying to make this into something it isn’t.

After only 1 game, the Bucs and Brady find themselves in a precarious situation. Five of their WRs have appeared with injuries. Three didn’t practice at all: Russell Gage (hamstring), Chris Godwin (hamstring), and Julio Jones (knee). Two were limited: Mike Evans (calf) and Breshad Perriman (knee).

• Wow
Reactions: JB
View attachment 10656

they'll improve
Without seeing the actual data about the acute drop in concussions compared to the previous 3 seasons, I have to remain very skeptical. The individual circumstances of the causation, the rule changes, the number of snaps, the exact position distribution, the size of players involved, the type of field played on..............these are only some of the variables that need to be evaluated before making such a bold statement of 50% reduction of concussions. Again, very skeptical about the conclusions without a carefully controlled and peer-reviwed published study..............which it isn't.

Dak Prescott suffered a thmb injury of his throwing hand. It is not a ligament injury. It is actually a fracture that include the joint. Not a good type of fracture. At very best, we will see him back no sooner than 6-8 weels, and probably closer to 8 weeks. Since the fracture line goes through the joint, it cannot just be simply placed in a cast. It will require stabilization with pin, screws and plate. Potential complication risk is higher due to the fact that the fracture includes the joint.
Prescott underwent surgery yesterday. Dr, Jerry Jones says that he expects Prescott back within 4 weeks. In 4 weeks, Prescott will not be able to tightly grip a football. If Jerry is stupid enough to put him out there that early, expect some bad consequences.
Although the team has reported that the fracture involved the joint, what I have found out is that the joint surface was not involved. He underwent plate repair of the fractured 1st metacarpal bone. Theoretically, healing can occur by 6 weeks, but full return of grip strength with strong healing would not be completed before ~8 weeks. Four weeks is still ridiculous and 8 weeks is wisest for a franchise QB

LMAO!! I was literally going to post that he comes across as a massive whiner.

From article:

"You feel like a bobblehead," Watt deadpanned. "Like you're gonna fall over. I'll probably get fined for this. This is great. You guys are just screwing me to start out the whole year. There's 15 grand gone."

A whiny *****? You are trying to make this into something it isn’t.

He also said this in the same article:

"Watt said he got used to wearing the Guardian Cap after a while and understands why they're being used."

Message to JJ: STFU and juggle, clown. lol :clown:

LMAO!! I was literally going to post that he comes across as a massive whiner.

He also said this in the same article:

"Watt said he got used to wearing the Guardian Cap after a while and understands why they're being used."

Message to JJ: STFU and juggle, clown. lol :clown:

Y’all are being more dramatic about his statements than his actual statements about the helmet.

Whatever helps you pass time.

JJ Watt returned to practice today..........with no indication as to level of participation until the Injury Report comes out later today. Looks like Watt is trying to repeat history.

Y’all are being more dramatic about his statements than his actual statements about the helmet.

Whatever helps you pass time.

Or, he could just be a pro and quit whining. Most other players just accepted it as a cost of doing business.

There's nothing dramatic about having an opinion on a forum, but I guess you're also "being dramatic" according to your own standard. :rake:

Or, he could just be a pro and quit whining. Most other players just accepted it as a cost of doing business.

There's nothing dramatic about having an opinion on a forum, but I guess you're also "being dramatic" according to your own standard. :rake:

So now when a reporter asks a question about an athlete playing a sport they are not allowed to have an opinion?

You are allowed to have an opinion on a forum but an athlete playing the sport doesn’t get to have an opinion?

And you guessed wrong. I am not dramatic. I am sensational. I set my standards. Not you.

View attachment 10656

they'll improve

Leads me to the question on whether the hard shell helmet is needed at all. Outside hard shell will transfer the shock of the hit to the internal padding that will then absorb some of it. The only thing is may be good for is trying to distribute the impact of the hit to a larger area.

Bottom line, there's still no padding around the brain. It can still bounce around the skull unprotected.

Well so much for Prime Video. Do you have to pay extra to watch NFL games?

You have to subscribe to Amazon Prime. It gives you shipping privileges on amazon shopping and access Prime Video, which includes NFL TNF among a bunch of other stuff like movies, TV shows, and so on.. I don't know your situation, but it's possible there's a free tier to Prime Video that I'm not aware of. It would not include TNF. You need to the Amazon Prime subscription. Also, I don't know for how long this will be true, but tonight you should have been able to watch the game free on Twitch. That's all I know. Not a regular on Twitch.

Watching Patrick Mahomes tonight beating the Chargers, drafted 10th overall 2017, two spots ahead of Deshaun Watson, is the real deal. Could make argument Josh Allen, drafted 7th overall is the better NFL QB but Josh doesn’t have his flair, juice or creative ability, very unique athlete.

I honestly thought Watson was in that conversation. How a couple years changes the schematics.

Dude's a stud.
#1 pick in the NFL Draft, Trayvon Walker came away from his first game with a sack and an interception.
I watched the game and he wasn't a factor except on those 2 plays. The sack was a good move. Tackle thought he was going to bull and kinda speed rushed him. If you watched the game, you wouldn't have noticed him. I had to double check to see if he was playing. Josh Allen, the other guy is an animal

Justin Hebert's abdominal injury affected his subsequent play. He was pointing while on the sideline to an area on the left side of his torso. Hopefully the team does not focus only on his abdominal muscles........and performs an abdominal ultrasound in order to rule out a spleen injury.

Watching Patrick Mahomes tonight beating the Chargers, drafted 10th overall 2017, two spots ahead of Deshaun Watson, is the real deal. Could make argument Josh Allen, drafted 7th overall is the better NFL QB but Josh doesn’t have his flair, juice or creative ability, very unique athlete.

I honestly thought Watson was in that conversation. How a couple years changes the schematics.
Mahommes could have easily had 3 picks, Samuel dropped 2 himself. Some guys seem to get more then their share of breaks, he is one of them. Not saying he is not great, just find it odd how the ball bounces. He looked much better week 1, Chargers seem to know how to play him.

Mahommes could have easily had 3 picks, Samuel dropped 2 himself. Some guys seem to get more then their share of breaks, he is one of them. Not saying he is not great, just find it odd how the ball bounces. He looked much better week 1, Chargers seem to know how to play him.

Mahomes pocket presence and escapability from contact is next level. Herbert is a big body target who can move but also becomes stationary in throwing motion often times taking direct hits as witnessed against KC.

Rothlisberger and Rivers not to mention old Charger, former Duck Dan Fouts took brutal punishment and survived for years, amazingly. Herbert could still match-up career wise but if he had to retire now, for his own health then God Bless him. The Goat, Tom Brady has also survived but for him, he’s always been surrounded by excellent coaching and offensive line, still amazing for sure, but Mahomes maybe the perfect combination of attributes needed to play NFL and survive adjusting on the fly.

Is that as bad?
With a flak jacket and a costal rib anesthesia block, he could be back safely within 3 weeks, as opposed to 6-8 weeks for a rib bone fracture. But if by "fracture" they are not talking about within the cartilage, but actually a separation of the rib cartilage from the rib bone, the rehab could take longer that a rib bone fracture.

That's not to say that the team is going to play if "safe" with Hebert.:shades:

With a flak jacket and a costal rib anesthesia block, he could be back safely within 3 weeks, as opposed to 6-8 weeks for a rib bone fracture. But if by "fracture" they are not talking about within the cartilage, but actually a separation of the rib cartilage from the rib bone, the rehab could take longer that a rib bone fracture.

That's not to say that the team is going to play if "safe" with Hebert.:shades:
Wow. On the play he got injured, it looked like he hit the ground and the helmet of the tackler. When I first saw it, I thought the tackler's head got the brunt of the tackle and if anything, the tackler would have a concussion. Over the years, these shoulder and thigh pads seem to be getting smaller, thinner and lighter. It seems he has padding around his ribs and still got injured on a very routine tackle. I really wonder how much protection these thin shoulder and thigh pads are providing.

Wow. On the play he got injured, it looked like he hit the ground and the helmet of the tackler. When I first saw it, I thought the tackler's head got the brunt of the tackle and if anything, the tackler would have a concussion. Over the years, these shoulder and thigh pads seem to be getting smaller, thinner and lighter. It seems he has padding around his ribs and still got injured on a very routine tackle. I really wonder how much protection these thin shoulder and thigh pads are providing.

He suffered more damage to it on the second hit. I was still wondering why was he allowed back in the game.

The N.F.L.’s Incredible Shrinking Pads
The league is trying to make football safer. So why are its players wearing less padding?

Back