Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Watching the Bills and at this point, Allen has completed 21 passes and 9 of them are to Diggs. I don't recall any team or another group of fans complaining and stressing about a great WR1 getting too many targets like we did on this forum. No one else seems to mind or care about the WR1 targets.
Allen usually spreads the ball around more than he did tonight. Look at the 1st game and how Allen spread the ball around. Of course the WR1 is going to lead his team in targets/catches.

I've been standing on it for awhile. Lovie thinks like all he needs is decent offensive play at qb, Caserio probably wants to get this thing turned around to at least start winning the division. So they will draft defensive and offensive guys, sign Jimmy G, keep Mills as a backup and become a remake of the Texans under O'Brien without the qb upside of Watson. Jimmy G will probably cost them 30m vs 45-50m. I've seen this movie before.

What happens when the 49ers and Jimmy G make another NFCCG/SB?

The upside of 4-12.

Watching the Bills and at this point, Allen has completed 21 passes and 9 of them are to Diggs. I don't recall any team or another group of fans complaining and stressing about a great WR1 getting too many targets like we did on this forum. No one else seems to mind or care about the WR1 targets.
That was just posters trying to discredit Watson and his ability to read defenses. They traded for Diggs and paid him handsomely because he was good enough to force coverage, like Nuk.

....they realize Trey Lance was a busted pick.
I don’t know what everyone sees in Trey Lance, to be honest. Caserio might be able to acquire Jimmy G for a 3rd and a 6th. I’m sure the 49ers would love to dump that salary hit as they’re “all in” on Trey Lance being their starter. It’s a win-win for the Texans. If Jimmy G can’t get us wins, let him walk once his contract is up, and draft a young QB. Keep building that offensive line and defensive front in the meantime.

I don’t know what everyone sees in Trey Lance, to be honest. Caserio might be able to acquire Jimmy G for a 3rd and a 6th. I’m sure the 49ers would love to dump that salary hit as they’re “all in” on Trey Lance being their starter. It’s a win-win for the Texans. If Jimmy G can’t get us wins, let him walk once his contract is up, and draft a young QB. Keep building that offensive line and defensive front in the meantime.

Jimmy G is a free agent after this season and Lance is out for the year. A trade for Jimmy G is no longer on the table.

I’m sure the 49ers would love to dump that salary hit as they’re “all in” on Trey Lance being their starter.
Garoppolo's contract expires after 2022 and has a no trade clause. He will be a free agent next offseason.

I have to laugh at the suggestion that Jimmy "The Matchstick Man" Garoppolo would be the answer for the Texans. He would be out for the season had he took any of a half dozen hits that Mills has taken so far.

Garoppolo's contract expires after 2022 and has a no trade clause. He will be a free agent next offseason.

I have to laugh at the suggestion that Jimmy "The Matchstick Man" Garoppolo would be the answer for the Texans. He would be out for the season had he took any of a half dozen hits that Mills has taken so far.
Jimmy G the guy that's been to last yrs NFCCG and a SB?

You can giggle as much as you want, but I’ve yet to see anyone here claim that Jimmy G is the answer to anything. So calm tf down. Most have merely suggested for Caserio to sign him, since he’s technically a winning QB, and majority of the fan base doesn’t understand how rebuilds work. With the signing, Caserio would calm all the casual fans down and if he takes us far then it works out for everyone. If he craps the bed, we draft a young QB after shoring up both sides of the ball.

You can laugh as much as you want, but I’ve yet to see anyone here claim that Jimmy G is the answer to anything. So calm tf down. Most have merely suggested for Caserio to sign him, since he’s technically a winning QB, and majority of the fan base doesn’t understand how rebuilds work. With the signing, Caserio would calm all the casual fans down and if he takes us far then it works out for everyone. If he craps the bed, we draft a young QB after shoring up both sides of the ball.

Calm the casual fans? I don’t even know what that means. On the contrary, Caserio signing Garoppolo would seem ridiculous by the majority of the fans. No one can sell that, certainly not Caserio.

Now, I do not see Nick going that way. Just that he would lose what credibility he has if he did.

Matchstick Man that was playing on a bad shoulder last year while Deebo carried the offense. Who missed 24 games with injury for the Niners since 2018.
There's no denying Jimmy G is a winner. The 49ers just upgraded their QB position.

Let's put it this way, if Jimmy G was the QB of the Texans they would be 2-0.

I wonder why Shanahan hadn't made that connection. I mean, he's a lot closer to the situation. He knows exactly what happened to get to those NFCCG & SB.
Jimmy G got hurt too often for Shanny's liking. So he spent the farm on Lance who ironically has an injury history dating back to college that rivals Jimmy G's injury history.

And he's appealing...
A lot of stupid people doing and saying a lot of stupid things.

************************************************************************************

Bucs' Mike Evans, who is appealing suspension, should have known consequences of brawl | Opinion
Jarrett Bell
USA TODAY

No surprise that Tom Brady calls it “ridiculous” that the NFL has iced Mike Evans, his best receiver, from the weekend showdown against the Green Bay Packers with a one-game suspension, pending appeal, as a follow-up reaction to Sunday's melee at the Superdome.

That sentiment applies in multiple ways in this case.

It was also ridiculous that Evans risked further depleting an injury-thinned Tampa Bay wide receiver corps when he charged into a midfield fracas and blasted New Orleans Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore with a forearm shove.

And it’s ridiculous, too, that former Bucs coach Bruce Arians – who turned over the reins to Todd Bowles last spring – was mixed up in the drama flowing from the latest chapter in one of the league’s most heated rivalries.

Arians was due to receive a warning in a letter from the league that a future incident could result in discipline for the former coach and the team, a person with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports under the condition of anonymity. The person did not want to be identified because the entire matter is ongoing.

Evans was due to have his appeal heard on Tuesday by hearing officer James Thrash – the same former NFL receiver who upheld a one-game suspension in 2017 when Evans decked Lattimore from behind to escalate a brawl.

On his "Let’s Go!" podcast on Monday, Brady contended, “I don’t think it deserved any type of suspension. I think that’s ridiculous.”

Tell that to Lattimore and the Saints, who undoubtedly would argue that Evans receive an even stiffer penalty because of the similarity to the previous episode.

The incident early in the fourth quarter on Sunday exploded with a combination of factors that included Brady complaining to officials after a third-down incompletion, Lattimore waving off the iconic quarterback, then teammates, including Leonard Fournette, coming to Brady’s aid. Evans maintained after the game that his action wasn’t due to lingering bad blood with Lattimore but was sparked after he saw Fournette’s head snap back as he absorbed an apparent retaliatory punch from the cornerback.

As Brady alluded to, the Bucs (2-0) left New Orleans hoping the ejections of Evans and Lattimore would largely settle the matter. When I asked Evans on Sunday whether he was worried he would get suspended, he didn’t seem to sweat the possibility.

“No. They shouldn’t,” Evans told USA TODAY Sports. “In 2017, when I really cheap-shotted him, that was real. His back was turned, so I hit him really hard. I shouldn’t have done that. I didn’t get ejected. They let me keep playing and we were down, 30-3.”

Evans contended that since he was ejected on Sunday, he didn’t expect a suspension on top of that. He pointed out that during the same week in 2017 when he hit Lattimore from behind to draw the suspension, Jalen Ramsey and AJ Green were ejected from a game in Jacksonville for fighting. Ramsey and Green played the following week.

“If it’s consistent,” Evans said of the NFL disciplinary process, “I’ll be good.”

Unless Thrash reverses the suspension levied by Jon Runyan, the NFL’s enforcement officer, Evans' defense misses the mark. Coming to the aid of a teammate won’t prevent the league from dropping the hammer. He should have known the consequences, especially given his previous experience with the league’s disciplinary process.

Nonetheless, the NFL isn’t closing the book on the incident with Evans. While Lattimore wasn’t suspended, he could be among several players, including Fournette, Bucs receiver Russell Gage and Saints safety Marcus Maye, drawing fines for their roles in the mini-brawl.
THE REST OF STORY

The NFL sent a warning letter to Bruce Arians and the Buccaneers in response to their involvement in the Sunday brawl. No further information has been released regarding what the warning entails.

1663777105870.png
don't know about worse
prefer dogs to people
but yeah...it's infuriating

from 04/04/22

from 04/06/22

Last edited:
don't know about worse
prefer dogs to people
but yeah...it's infuriating
I see your point. But the investigation is ongoing, and charges have yet to be brought. I assume when that happens, we will have the usual wall to wall coverage of a big story. The FBI (which I assume is the investigative body for this) won't comment now, nor any of the perpetrators. Especially, Farve.

I see your point. But the investigation is ongoing, and charges have yet to be brought. I assume when that happens, we will have the usual wall to wall coverage of a big story. The FBI (which I assume is the investigative body for this) won't comment now, nor any of the perpetrators. Especially, Farve.
1663779609432.png

Just like a woman!:)

********************************************************************************
Tom Brady is practicing on Wednesday after all
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 21, 2022, 12:17 PM EDT

Tom Brady is practicing today.

That wouldn’t be newsworthy except for the report on Sunday that Brady would take every Wednesday off this season, a report that Buccaneers head coach Todd Bowles confirmed on Monday.

The plan had been for Brady to come to the practice facility and attend team meetings, but to give his body a rest rather than work on the practice field. Brady apparently had a change of mind today and wanted to get out there with his teammates, so he’s on the practice field.

Brady may have wanted to get more work in with the younger receivers who will have to get a bigger share of the targets after No. 1 receiver Mike Evans was suspended for Sunday’s game against the Packers.

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports that Winston is playing with 4 fractures in his back and is dealing with a lot of pain, but adds that doctors do not believe he’s at risk of further injury by playing through the injury. Winston will be playing today with additional padding in hopes of protecting the fractures.

These fractures must be of the transverse vertebral processes for him to be allowed to play. He does have one significant risk in returning this soon................his core will undoubtedly be significantly affected, with increased risk of compensatory injuries.

Tony Romo had a 2-level fracture of his transverse vertebral processes. He suffered it in week 8 of 2014, finished that game and missed the following week before returning.

Cam Newton had the same injury due to a car accident and returned to play after sitting out for 1 week.

Derek Carr
Gipson

Winston played too soon..................now listed as LIMITED with an ankle injury.

There's no denying Jimmy G is a winner. The 49ers just upgraded their QB position.

Let's put it this way, if Jimmy G was the QB of the Texans they would be 2-0.
Why do you think no one traded for a proven winner like Jimmy G? The Panthers, Saints, Browns and Falcons could have sign him for less than what they were offering for Derrick. The Texans, Steelers, Seahawks, and Broncos could have traded for him. The 49ers see him every day and wanted to get rid of him.

What are you seeing in Jimmy G that NFL teams with all of their film study and resources are not seeing?

Why do you think no one traded for a proven winner like Jimmy G? The Panthers, Saints, Browns and Falcons could have sign him for less than what they were offering for Derrick. The Texans, Steelers, Seahawks, and Broncos could have traded for him. The 49ers see him every day and wanted to get rid of him.

What are you seeing in Jimmy G that NFL teams with all of their film study and resources are not seeing?
Garoppolo is still not throwing. When he had surgery on March 8, the report was that he had a "torn right shoulder [his throwing arm] capsule." Then the information I could gather was that he underwent a rotator cuff tear. It wasn't identified as a partial tear vs complete tear. With the former, you would expect throwing to begin by the 4 month period..........3 days from now. I suspect that Garopollo will be found to have undergone a repair of a complete rotator cuff tear.. and will not hear of him throwing by the beginning of TC. He may not be ready to return to play until the beginning of the season. Time will tell. Stats are sparse for NFL QBs who have undergone this repair. But Recent studies of rotator cuff repairs in the throwing shoulder have shown that overhead throwers have <70% return. And for those who do return, the overall rate of return at a similar level of play is <45%. Keep in mind that baseball players which were part of this group made up most of the stats. The QBs were a small percentage of those in the studies........with the return to play and return level of performance being much more disturbing.

Although surgical techniques have significantly improved since the QBs in this ESPN article underwent the surgery, the results have not been that much more impressive.
QBs not the same after injury, surgery
Sep 30, 2005
  • Len Pasquarelli

There are some dumb teams out there.

I've seen SB's and NFCCG's, I expect to see the 49ers back in the playoffs again this yr and if healthy I expect another run. I didn't expect them to make the playoffs with Lance at QB. Why do you think the 49ers kept Jimmy G around? I think this was a just in case Lance wasn't all that type move. I see Jimmy G as a top 15 qb that can elevate his game in the playoffs at the end of games. Not many see Jimmy G in this light and I dont really care, I just watch the games and know that his teams win much more often than they lose, particularly in the playoffs.

What are you hoping for?

the money to be recovered and for all those involved to be put on blast, shamed & punished

i realise nobody has been convicted at this point, but this is some shady shizzle...robbing from the most needy, in the poorest state. Dude, nobody asked you to pledge the funds for a new volleyball facility but you did & then turned around and misappropriated welfare money to fulfill your pledge.

Clemson worthy type stuff, no?

the money to be recovered and for all those involved to be put on blast, shamed & punished

i realise nobody has been convicted at this point, but this is some shady shizzle...robbing from the most needy, in the poorest state. Dude, nobody asked you to pledge the funds for a new volleyball facility but you did & then turned around and misappropriated welfare money to fulfill your pledge.

Clemson worthy type stuff, no?

If found guilty, it certainly is Clemson worthy stuff. If true Favre needs to be QB'ing the Mean Machine.

Back