Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Alvin Kamara has been injured and was inactive last week............he played in week 1 and he is to play again this week............all this after being arrested and charged the first week of Feb with video-documented "assault and battery resulting in substantial bodily harm" (a fractured orbital bone).................with his court date now being set aside for 2 more months (and will probably be delayed again until after the season.................but no action still taken by Goodell and the NFL. :thinking:

The next gen stats broadcast with all-22 video is pretty cool on Amazon Prime.
I'll watch that next time. Did anyone notice the picture quality on Prime for the Thursday night game. I don't know if it was better or worse, but it was different. Seemed like it was shot on film, that's how different it seemed.

I'll watch that next time. Did anyone notice the picture quality on Prime for the Thursday night game. I don't know if it was better or worse, but it was different. Seemed like it was shot on film, that's how different it seemed.

On my TV through my Amazon box I notice that in both games so far. On my PC, the image looks "live" like it should. I had attributed that to just being stoned, nice to know I might have some semblance of reality left.

Last edited:
In 2018, the Cowboys gave the Raider a 1st round pick for Cooper. In 2020, they gave him a 5 year, $100 million contract and in 2022, they trade him to the Browns for a 5th round pick and swapped 6th rounders.

Watching Thursday night's Browns vs Steelers, Amari Cooper had a big game. When it comes to value, is the Cowboys trading Cooper to the Browns for a 5th rounder worse or equal to the return on the Hopkins trade? Does anyone recall the Cowboys getting criticized for only getting a 5th rounder for Cooper?

But that's one of the reasons the salary cap will continue to go up
Little Nicky has a math/logic question. If his QB is taking up 15% of the salary cap, the cap increases and his QB now takes 14.9% of the cap. Based on this forum's QB salary to Super Bowl threshold calculator, can little Nicky's favorite team still win a Super Bowl?

In case of rounding, what if the salary percentage is 14.4%? Does .6% of the QB salary enables Nicky's favorite team to sign another great player?

Little Nicky has a math/logic question. If his QB is taking up 15% of the salary cap, the cap increases and his QB now takes 14.9% of the cap. Based on this forum's QB salary to Super Bowl threshold calculator, can little Nicky's favorite team still win a Super Bowl?

In case of rounding, what if the salary percentage is 14.4%? Does .6% of the QB salary enables Nicky's favorite team to sign another great player?
If little Nicky's surname is Caserio, the answer is no. No Super Bowl & no signing great players

The Broncos have hired an assistant coach strictly to reinforce the fan countdown and to advise Hackett on game management.

200.gif

In 2018, the Cowboys gave the Raider a 1st round pick for Cooper. In 2020, they gave him a 5 year, $100 million contract and in 2022, they trade him to the Browns for a 5th round pick and swapped 6th rounders.

Watching Thursday night's Browns vs Steelers, Amari Cooper had a big game. When it comes to value, is the Cowboys trading Cooper to the Browns for a 5th rounder worse or equal to the return on the Hopkins trade? Does anyone recall the Cowboys getting criticized for only getting a 5th rounder for Cooper?
As the seasons procede, Cooper tends to pick up limiting injuries. Last year, he was hampered by hamstring issues most of the second half of the season. He never rated higher than 30th in any category. I wouldn't try to evaluate his performance/value until late in the season.

Golladay received a $764,705 game check playing two snaps. His contract is so bad they can’t cut him without significant penalty and he was beaten out by a player who was on practice squads the past three seasons (David Sills). Gettleman’s last gift to the Giants!

Court filing suggests Brett Favre pushed for federal funds despite legality concerns
Posted by Mike Florio on September 25, 2022, 8:47 AM EDT

Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre’s best defense to any accusation that he tried to use federal welfare funds for his own personal project(s) comes from his position that he didn’t know anything about the source of the money. That defense possibly is imploding.

\Via ESPN.com, a recent court filing shows that Favre knew about the legality concerns, but continued to push for the cash.

According to the filing, former Mississippi governor Phil Bryant sent a telling text to Favre in July 2019: “Use of these funds [is] tightly controlled. Any improper use could result in violation of Federal Law. Auditors are currently reviewing the use of these funds.” Bryant also told Favre that the relevant agency “has some limited control over Federal Funds in the form of Grants for Children and adults in the Low Income Community.”

That didn’t dissuade Favre from making the money grab, texting Bryant this in September 2019: “We obviously need your help big time and time is working against us, And we feel that your name is the perfect choice for this facility and we are not taking No for an answer! You are a Southern Miss Alumni, and folks need to know you are also a supporter of the University.”

Said Bryant in response: “We are going to get there. This was a great meeting. But we have to follow the law. I am to[o] old for Federal Prison.”

Bryant is three years older now, and possibly three years closer to federal prison. Neither Bryant nor Favre have been accused of a crime. Yet.

As the seasons procede, Cooper tends to pick up limiting injuries. Last year, he was hampered by hamstring issues most of the second half of the season. He never rated higher than 30th in any category. I wouldn't try to evaluate his performance/value until late in the season.
It seems to me that his value is a little overstated...

Report: NFL replacing Pro Bowl with flag football game, skills competitions :joker:
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 26, 2022, 8:19 AM EDT

The Pro Bowl as we know it is reportedly coming to an end.

At the end of this season, the league will instead play a flag football game at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Sunday, February 5, according to Rob Maaddi of the Associated Press.

The league will also have what it is calling “Pro Bowl Games” during the week before the Super Bowl, which will consist of skills competitions between AFC and NFC players. The league has already been experimenting with a skills competition before the Pro Bowl but will apparently be attempting to make these a bigger event for both the fans and the players involved.

Peyton Manning will be one of the coaches for the flag football game, and his Omaha Productions company, which produces the ManningCast Monday Night Football broadcast, will be involved.

The Pro Bowl has been widely derided in recent years as being effectively flag football anyway, so the league has apparently decided to make that change official.

The next day, Favre texted Bryant that he had spoken with "Tate" -- current Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves -- and urged Bryant to continue pressing as well, according to the filing. Bryant also texted Bennett, who replied that he had "asked Brett not to do the things he's doing to seek funding from state agencies and the legislature."

"As you know, IHL [Mississippi's higher education system] has a process of how we request and get approval for projects and what he's doing is outside those guidelines," Bennett wrote. "I will see, for the 'umpteenth time' if we can get him to stand down. The bottom line is he personally guaranteed the project, and on his word and handshake we proceeded. It's time for him to pay up -- it really is just that simple."

Bryant responded: "Maybe he wants the state to pay off his promises. Like all of us I like Brett. He is a legend but he has to understand what a pledge means. I have tried many time
to explain that to him."

Bryant's filing also says that Favre, in the text exchange on July 28, 2019, "expanded his request for MDHS funding" to include a new football facility to help lure Deion Sanders' son, highly sought quarterback Shedeur, to Southern Miss.

"As I suspected Deion's son asked where the indoor facility was and I said [we] don't have one but [we] are hoping to break ground in less than 2 years," Favre texted Bryant, according to the filing. "Now that will not happen without your help/commitment!!! I know we have the Vball to complete first and I'm asking a lot with that and I believe 100% that if you can get this done Nancy will reach and help many and in the recruiting war [a new indoor practice facility] will give USM['s football program] instant credibility and [USM football will] become relevant again."

Last edited:
As soon as I saw the video of Mac Jones injury, it was obvious that he had suffered a high ankle sprain..........most likely a severe grade II sprain. The Patriots are going to be without Jones' services for quite awhile.............probably ~8 weeks.

Myles Garrett left practice today and was on his way home when he was involved in a 1 car AA. No alcohol or drugs were involved. The cause of the accident is being investigated. But I have to say, his 2021 Porsche must have been going quite fast to have flipped several times as reported.

That porsche and temptation of speed is a real battle. I'm not a speed demon, plus I'm 51 so it doesn't excite me. They're great cars, but can become a liability to someone young and immature. Them cars don't just slide off the road either.
I used to love to drive fast cars.

Blessed I survived my youth.

Man Rush is looking good. Looks like he's about to go 2-0.

Man, I can't remember if I was on this site or on another when I was thinking the Texans should pursue Cooper Rush. If Rush keeps up his winning ways it could put some thought into the Cowboys minds as to who should be starting....or Rush will leave next season as a 30 year old UFA who may be on some teams radar as a veteran NFL QB with some upside left in the tank.

Man, I can't remember if I was on this site or on another when I was thinking the Texans should pursue Cooper Rush. If Rush keeps up his winning ways it could put some thought into the Cowboys minds as to who should be starting....or Rush will leave next season as a 30 year old UFA who may be on some teams radar as a veteran NFL QB with some upside left in the tank.
You mean a team like the Texans could sign him to a 3 year deal?

Back