Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to the New Board

Meh!!!...the quality of posting, or posters has gone WAY down. I guess there is a reason a number of us "old timers" rarely post - if even log on - anymore.

We need more active posting from you old timers to set the example... we need more active members.

Pretty sure you won't find more in depth, up to date, and insightful Texans related news and information anywhere. We work pretty hard for that content.
They have changed out the hardware so hopefully the crashing will stop now.
Great news, thanks.

This site has been down or showing "error" at least 3 time today, the last being ~an hour or so ago. Is the hardware change out complete, or is it ongoing?

Got a question. While posting for the game last night, everytime I refreshed, it took me to posts that I had already read instead of like on the old board where it refreshed to the first new unread post?? Made it very difficult to stay up and make quick timely posts.

BTW Hookem, good job............no web site/server stoppages during the game.

I'm certain that I'm the reason for the Edit time limit, but can we do away with this?

You aren't the reason. Before we put it in place we had double fights. First two people would start scrapping, then they would get into an edit war and "I didn't say that." The second half of that disappeared with the rule. Frankly I can't remember if it's half an hour or an hour, but it's a fairly generous time for reexamination. We'll talk it over, but I doubt it changes except maybe in duration.

FYI. I just made a post edit (addition) within 6 minutes of the original post...........and it was marked as "edited."

Yes, that's normal to show it edited not long after first posting. (Perhaps I misinterpreted Scooter's post...?)

But it takes a long time before your post is "locked", unable to be edited.

Yes, that's normal to show it edited not long after first posting. (Perhaps I misinterpreted Scooter's post...?)

But it takes a long time before your post is "locked", unable to be edited.

Don't know if I didn't misinterpret his post.............its wording is somewhat open to interpretation.

Apologies for the confusion. My post was meant to illustrate the 'last call' of editing a post. It was prompted by wanting to add a video to a post in a slow moving thread instead of adding a new post, as well as wanting to add proper smilies/illustrations (avoiding internet ambiguity) to change a different expiring post from potentially insulting to an obviously friendly teasing.

Is there a way to make the page numbers under each thread title show all the time, without having to hover over it?

No, on any main forum page where all the threads are, each thread doesn't have page numbers displaying unless you hover over the individual thread title area.

No, on any main forum page where all the threads are, each thread doesn't have page numbers displaying unless you hover over the individual thread title area.

You on a desktop, or laptop? If you're on a tablet or phone, the page numbers are always there. At least, as far as I can tell.

You on a desktop, or laptop? If you're on a tablet or phone, the page numbers are always there. At least, as far as I can tell.

He's right. Non-mobile browsing the page numbers don't display on the threads unless you hover over them.
In the attached example the Hoyer thread has 35 pages. The 15 for this one only shows because I left the mouse over it.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 4
I'm looking for instructions for an avitar and all I see is that it should be at least 200x200 pixels. I've got one that is 717x717 pixels; .64x.64 inch. Is this too large? Or is this OK?

I'm looking for instructions for an avitar and all I see is that it should be at least 200x200 pixels. I've got one that is 717x717 pixels; .64x.64 inch. Is this too large? Or is this OK?

It should auto size from what I understand.

Bigger is better.

Upgraded to iOS9, using Sadari, the browser version now looks like this.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    374.7 KB · Views: 123
It was the giant ad on top of the page. Once I bought an ad-blocker for Safari (named Crystal) the page started rendering properly.

New member from North Texas (I know behind enemy lines) and a long time Texan fan. Glad to be here!

As long as you aren't in that dark place we sold off, welcome.

55198668.jpg

Is there any way to search a thread by poster? For example, I'm curious about what I said in a thread, but really don't want to scroll through 100+ pages looking for my avatar.

Is there any way to search a thread by poster? For example, I'm curious about what I said in a thread, but really don't want to scroll through 100+ pages looking for my avatar.

Yes, when you click into the search bar at the top, it gives you an option to enter a poster's name. There are also options to search a particular thread only, or a particular forum only.

Top right of the screen is your Screen Name, click that and click 'Avatar'. Edit: pretty sure there used to be an option to browse existing avatars on that pop up that I'm not seeing anymore.

They all look same now...... I mean a lot of people have the same Bull av. I don't know if it's by default or not?

Anyway, after ten years I finally gave the "Angry Baby" style a shot..... all I can say is.... :bravo: :jam: :stonecold:

They all look same now...... I mean a lot of people have the same Bull av. I don't know if it's by default or not?

Anyway, after ten years I finally gave the "Angry Baby" style a shot..... all I can say is.... :bravo: :jam: :stonecold:

I don't think it was the default, but I'm not sure. It was one of the 'house' avatars though.

I had to read your second line a couple times before I figured out you were saying ANGRY baby and not DANCING baby as was my avatar before the new server lol.

I don't think it was the default, but I'm not sure. It was one of the 'house' avatars though.

I had to read your second line a couple times before I figured out you were saying ANGRY baby and not DANCING baby as was my avatar before the new server lol.

Bring back dancing baby! :jam: :littlelol:

Back