Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to the New Board

I'm so used to the new board....the old board would seem weird.

Kevin and crew have done a great job, and have made this place awesome! So.....:elvis:

The new platform/style, whatever, rules! :jam:

That's all I have to say about that...

:forrest:

Is this the new board?
david-after-dentist-real-life.jpg

I just noticed after all this time..... (
bong7bp.gif
) that when you look at the topic listing, it doesn't show the number of pages for the topic. That always helped me tell which topics where worth checking out, kind of like which ones where on and poppin.
rap_1.gif

I just noticed after all this time..... (
bong7bp.gif
) that when you look at the topic listing, it doesn't show the number of pages for the topic. That always helped me tell which topics where worth checking out, kind of like which ones where on and poppin.
rap_1.gif
The number of views & replies for a given topic is shown in the topic listing. Isn't that the same information??

Reactions: JB
But if you mouse over the title - on the line with the original posters name and date, small boxes appear with the last 3 page numbers. If no numbers appears, that thread is still on page one.

The number of views & replies for a given topic is shown in the topic listing. Isn't that the same information??

But if you mouse over the title - on the line with the original posters name and date, small boxes appear with the last 3 page numbers. If no numbers appears, that thread is still on page one.

Oh yeah I knew these things. It's just most other forums have the pages set as like a default view without having to go down the list, and hover over each one. It's all good. :cool:

Hey guys. I have migrated to this forum from the Texans.com forum because of the new upgrade issues.
There I created a weekly thread the week before each game. I plan to do that here now. Starting with the up coming 49er's preseason game.
I do like the layout of this forum much better. This will be fun.
GO TEXANS!!!!

Hey guys. I have migrated to this forum from the Texans.com forum because of the new upgrade issues.
There I created a weekly thread the week before each game. I plan to do that here now. Starting with the up coming 49er's preseason game.
I do like the layout of this forum much better. This will be fun.
GO TEXANS!!!!

We do one here as well. Welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay.

OK. Just migrated from the Texans Forum. See many familiar names. Can't stand the new modifications. I guess this is home.
giphy.gif

How long have you been in Kemah? Welcome to board.
Grew up on Lawrence Rd. On Kemah League City line.
Have been living in Albany, NY for last 20 years. Grew up an Oilers fan, now a true blue Texans fan. Graduated from Clear Creek 1985

Grew up on Lawrence Rd. On Kemah League City line.
Have been living in Albany, NY for last 20 years. Grew up an Oilers fan, now a true blue Texans fan. Graduated from Clear Creek 1985

I went from Texas to Albany also when I was a kid. We lived in Webster then La Porte, then my family was relocated to the Albany, NY area when I was in Junior High school. We ended up in Selkirk. I was hating the move but I actually ended up really liking it up there. I will always have fond memories of that area.

BTW, I just read your other post. What's changed at the official board? I assume maybe that explains why I have had to be approving so many new accounts lately?

I went from Texas to Albany also when I was a kid. We lived in Webster then La Porte, then my family was relocated to the Albany, NY area when I was in Junior High school. We ended up in Selkirk. I was hating the move but I actually ended up really liking it up there. I will always have fond memories of that area.

BTW, I just read your other post. What's changed at the official board? I assume maybe that explains why I have had to be approving so many new accounts lately?
I actually live in Delmar, Next town over from Selkirk.

Expect more requests. There was a fatal update and the board is in limbo. No time table on when it will be normal again.

I never knew about this sight until someone said they were heading here. Seems well put together. Was on the other board for last 8 years.

I actually live in Delmar, Next town over from Selkirk.

Expect more requests. There was a fatal update and the board is in limbo. No time table on when it will be normal again.

I never knew about this sight until someone said they were heading here. Seems well put together. Was on the other board for last 8 years.

I remember Delmar, I went to RCS (Ravena Coeymans Selkirk). Small world.

I see what they did over there. They made the mistake of updating Vbulletin. I know why they had to do it. Probably for the same reason we had to make an update (security reasons and non-support). What many don't know is the original team that created Vbulletin are no longer there and the new versions are really bad and buggy. The old VB guys started XenForo (what this board runs on). We came close to making the same mistake however figured it out before it was too late.

BTW, THIS is the original official Texans board. Several years ago the Texans were forced to scrap this board by the NFL (because the NFL wanted all the teams running the same software). So the team decided to give it to us fans (as not to lose all of the history, etc). We replaced the original Texans Talk board with the official one.

If you check it out you will see we have the history all the way back to the expansion days.

Kudos to Vinny for making all of that happen. He doesn't come around anymore however he was the one that saved the original board and brought it here.

so any mods around (or anyone else) that can tell me how to edit my profile on this newfangled board?

I'm slow...

just noticed that private messages between individuals can be seen by everyone

Like on a user home screen?

see this on the right hand of your texans talk screen? upload_2017-11-4_8-47-29.pngupload_2017-11-4_8-47-29.png

click on the 3 little dots and it gives you the option to interact... maybe just like or maybe comment on a private conversation between two parties, but you can see the entire conversation

So the profile posts are just open comments to an individual? Don't think I understand

Yup. Had them on the old MB too. Never was used much and I don't see the purpose. I guess "happy bday" and such. Conversations are the old pm.

Back