Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to the New Board

Gonna take some getting used to but year it's nice!

Many new features on this board that the other one does not have. The only thing that couldn't not be carried over unfortunately was the private rep system. Now you can simply "Like" a post. Which makes it's more public however there are no personal comments.

I do like media embed function ...

Many new features on this board that the other one does not have. The only thing that couldn't not be carried over unfortunately was the private rep system. Now you can simply "Like" a post. Which makes it's more public however there are no personal comments.

I got that the rep system didn't carry over and that's cool, is there an unlike function also? On the profile page it lists a trophy points, is that functional and if so how does that work?

Will have to learn about the media imbedding and how it works

Board looks great, especially on my phone (Note 2) using Chrome.

For some reason the auto correct & word suggestions don't work on my Note Tab 8.9 I was looking for a reason to upgrade, now I have one.

Still I wish there was a link on the bottom of the page for "watched threads" & "new posts"

Is there a way to replicate the UCP button that was at the bottom of a page. I liked that it listed the thread you were subscribed to. I guess this S/W calls those "Watched Threads".
Still I wish there was a link on the bottom of the page for "watched threads" & "new posts"

So do I.
:(

I have to learn this software too. I had an outside developer who is an expert on boards do this for us. Tomorrow I will start doing some investigating on everything we have here. I will continue to have access to him for more questions that you guys might have.

1. I do know that the old rep system is something that had to be lost. However it's replaced by "Liking" I believe.

2.) The "Trophy Points" thing gives points for milestones, number of posts, etc. It has nothing to do with rep. Actually I had him disable that for now because it's going to cause questions and I think it's kind of silly.

3.) Not sure about Watched Threads, etc. That is something I never used on the old board, however I just noticed there is a "Watched Threads" link up top near the banner.

The bottom line is we had to make this move. vBulletin had a lot of security holes and the newest version is not good. The developers of this software are the same guys that created the older vBulletin board software.

Also, if your avatar is pixelated or seems distorted in any way, just re-upload it. As you can see the avatar format is different here.

No, this is really, really a good change. This is now exactly like my 2nd favorite board, now (this one being my first fave).

This change just made the forum that much better!

I'm not in Kansas anymore??????

imgres-2.jpeg

Are the ads staying?

Is there a way to have the posts show current first instead of last in a thread?

Also, if your avatar is pixelated or seems distorted in any way, just re-upload it. As you can see the avatar format is different here.

Definitely going to take some getting used to, but appears to be fast and clean. The hard work you put in is most certainly appreciated. To the quote, how do we upload an avatar from another site (photobucket in my case)?

Well, I saved and then uploaded my .gif here, but it's not working as a .gif - which just looks weird if it's not miniature and moving lol.

Edit 2 - If I click on the picture its self within a post it pops up with the appropriate gif (which I assume would be the same result for anyone who clicks on it), but the forum avatar is frozen and oversized.

Last edited:
Definitely going to take some getting used to, but appears to be fast and clean. The hard work you put in is most certainly appreciated. To the quote, how do we upload an avatar from another site (photobucket in my case)?

Well, I saved my .gif, but it's not working as a gif (which just looks weird if it's not miniature and moving) lol.

Edit 2 - If I click on the picture its self within a post it pops up with the appropriate gif (which I assume would be the same result for anyone who clicks on it), but the forum avatar is frozen and oversized.

Don't know about photobucket, but if you go to your profile page and click on your avatar you can choose a custom from those pics saved on your pc, then adjust as needed... I would imagine also could select from photobucket with the url?

Where is the option to increase posts per page? I can't seem to locate it. I like the max posts per page...

Is there a preview post function, like there was on the old board?

I can still hover the mouse over the title if that's what you mean....

Is there a way to have the posts show current first instead of last in a thread?

I've used the "read last unread post" feature, like the old board, which is the dot next to the thread title... if that helps.

Good job on the migration, will need to adjust with new color scheme - but looks good. Came over to read posts after Rockets game 7 and saw the site was down... I was like "crap, no where do I go"?
:aggressive:
<--- Assume the "messages" and the "likes" under the poster's name are similar to "posts" and "reps"

Edit: 2 existing color schemes at the bottom of any page to change. Went to "angry baby" for a bit... the Texans Talk was a bit too much white / bright first thing in the morning.

Thanks OzzO, we will be adding more color scheme templates. The Angry Baby was not too difficult to create.

Thanks for all the hard work. It's nice to have a board that's full size on my screen. It's easier to read.

Edit: I miss the feature where it shows you who's logged into what forum at the bottom of the page (when you are in the forum)

Last edited:
One other thing I've noticed from old threads is that IMGwidthsize tag doesn't work. Is there another way to resize large images?

Back