Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to the New Board

I have an issue where there are ads twice as wide as the actual forum which is annoying.

Other than that the new set up is really easy to use.

I mentioned that a few pages back. Ad blocker worked for me; believe Crystal (for safari) is what I used.

Not really new to the board but I was on the 'official forums' mostly. I got a long time out for a rare bad behavior. I will keep myself under wraps. I normally lurk more than post. I guess you could say I had a bad day. (join date: Sep 12, 2006~lol official board was 2007 after revamp.)

Not really new to the board but I was on the 'official forums' mostly. I got a long time out for a rare bad behavior. I will keep myself under wraps. I normally lurk more than post. I guess you could say I had a bad day. (join date: Sep 12, 2006~lol official board was 2007 after revamp.)

Sounds like you'll fit right in!

Lol

Been there - done that. Now I cause trouble over here.

ps Being an optimist is troubling here.

Been there - done that. Now I cause trouble over here.

ps Being an optimist is troubling here.

Nice. Thanks for the welcomes. I will make sure I do an exhaustive google search before posting as well. Got to come correct and prepared.

Looks like the Texans shortcut/bookmark was changed back to the default one sometime today.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    180.4 KB · Views: 7
So... I've visited other boards & noticed how they have a sweet little twitter feed on one side of the page. Is there any way we could get something like that?

Bah humbug
You're getting your Christmas specials all mushed together
:D
tumblr_mxtf94S4Hy1rdtny9o2_500.gif

Merry Christmas!!

I am a Browns fan, but I have decided I would like to root for a winner for a chance.

I lived in Houston years ago for about 10 years when I was much younger than I am now. Back then, I was, of course, an Oiler fan, but when I moved to the Tulsa area in December of '79, I sort of lost interest in pro football until the night that Brandon was drafted by the Browns.

As an OSU fan, I was interested in where Brandon was going and so I read up on the Browns that night and by the morning I was a Browns fan. I was intrigued with the fact that the Browns were actually an expansion team, but had retained the name and colors via a lawsuit when the prior Browns team became the Ravens in Baltimore.

I knew that they were a perenial loser, but I naturally assumed that Brandon would have the same kind of success in Cleveland that he had at Oklahoma State and help turn the team around. Unfortunately, in my opinion, he was a victim of the sale of the team, a new FO, coaching staff and offensive system, and never really had a chance to develop in Cleveland. I have maintained an interest in his career, however, and was, of course, happy about his success passing to DeAndre Hopkins in the recent Indianapolis and Tennessee games.

Brian was more successful in Cleveland than Brandon. However, he also was the victim of a change in administration. I thought he deserved better in Cleveland and was glad when he signed with the Texans because I knew he would be in a familiar system having been introduced to it as a backup in New England.

I am a Johnny Manziel fan. He isn't a choirboy like Brian and Brandon, but he is fun to watch. However, with his concussion, for sure, there isn't likely to be any good news about him for a while, and with his party appetite, you never know about him. In any case, since Johnny is out with a concussion, there doesn't seem to be a lot to get excited about in Cleveland. I'll root for them anyway, of course, but there isn't much reason to think it will be a fun thing.

Like I said, I want to root for a winner for a change. I love the Texans's quarterbacks, defense and DeAndre Hopkins. That guy is just fun to watch. And next year when Arian Foster comes back, I think the Texans are going to be one of the premier teams in the league, regardless of who you settle on for quarterback.

Finally, I don't know how you guys are going to take this, but if the Browns decide to move on from Johnny like they did Brian and Brandon, I hope he comes here. :)

Welcome to the board Brownsfan. Sort of. But don't be wishing Manzel on us and you'll be OK.

Here's the deal. The Browns are a consistently below average disappointing team. The Texans are an average consistently disappointing team. But hey, welcome anyway. Foster probably won't be back next year, he's likely done for. But we don't know that for sure yet. Right now we have a great defense, and a Nuckleus of a good offense. If you get that, you can stay and be one of us.

If you do stay, you'll be fine. You're used to disappointment, you'll fit right in.

Welcome to the board Brownsfan. Sort of. But don't be wishing Manzel on us and you'll be OK.

Here's the deal. The Browns are a consistently below average disappointing team. The Texans are an average consistently disappointing team. But hey, welcome anyway. Foster probably won't be back next year, he's likely done for. But we don't know that for sure yet. Right now we have a great defense, and a Nuckleus of a good offense. If you get that, you can stay and be one of us.

If you do stay, you'll be fine. You're used to disappointment, you'll fit right in.

I figured that would get a reaction. Actually I would prefer for the Browns to build a team around Johnny and start winning there. As for fitting in, I don't expect the Texans to win the Super Bowl with Brian so I imagine that I will be disappointed at some point. But, in the meantime, I think it will be fun to root for a team that actually has a pulse.

Love our QBs

Does your last name sound like O'Bryan? Just spelled different?

No, but on the Browns board I post to, I have been accused of being Brandon's father. I understand, of course, that neither he nor Brian are exactly upper level. Neither of them are Andrew Luck. But I think they are both good kids and I want to see them both do well when they are on the field. I don't expect too much, but a win or two in the playoffs would be nice.

Last edited:
Shrill O'Cryin'?

I assume you must be referring to some prior poster who posted similarly or had a similar interest. I can assure you I am not that person. When I first started posting to a Browns forum in 2012, someone called me "Lumbergh." I googled "Lumbergh" and found that there was a fictional character, "Bill Lumbergh," in the Milton animated shorts who was a micromanager focused on pointless paperwork, and I assumed my accuser was somehow attempting to connect me to that fictional character.

Eventually, however, I learned that Lumbergh had been a poster from Oregon who was a particularly strong advocate for one of the Browns many quarterbacks, Derek Anderson, and who left the forum when Anderson left the team. Basically I was being accused of filling a similar role for Brandon since I had been a fan of Brandon's at Oklahoma State.

Am I close?

I assume you must be referring to some prior poster who posted similarly or had a similar interest. I can assure you I am not that person. When I first started posting to a Browns forum in 2012, someone called me "Lumbergh." I googled "Lumbergh" and found that there was a fictional character, "Bill Lumbergh," in the Milton animated shorts who was a micromanager focused on pointless paperwork, and I assumed my accuser was somehow attempting to connect me to that fictional character.

Eventually, however, I learned that Lumbergh had been a poster from Oregon who was a particularly strong advocate for one of the Browns many quarterbacks, Derek Anderson, and who left the forum when Anderson left the team. Basically I was being accused of filling a similar role for Brandon since I had been a fan of Brandon's at Oklahoma State.

Am I close?

no he was responding to the post above about last name sounding like o'bryan... you'll get used to him but it takes a bit of a disconnect to understand him

Am I close?
Not really. I'm just popping off and really didn't intend to point a finger at anyone in particular. It was just an interesting rhyme.

I am a Browns fan, but I have decided I would like to root for a winner for a chance.

<snip>

Finally, I don't know how you guys are going to take this, but if the Browns decide to move on from Johnny like they did Brian and Brandon, I hope he comes here. :)

Welcome to the board!

There aren't a lot of Manziel fans around here but there are a few.

There are also some posters here who will take offense at classifying the Texans as "winners", and then there are some others who will blame you if we end up missing out on the playoffs. :)

Like I said, welcome to the board, Mr. Weeden.

Welcome to the board!

There aren't a lot of Manziel fans around here but there are a few.

There are also some posters here who will take offense at classifying the Texans as "winners", and then there are some others who will blame you if we end up missing out on the playoffs. :)

Like I said, welcome to the board, Mr. Weeden.

Thanks, I think. :)

This board is having some serious issues with posting and quoting of posts...

When you hit to post it hangs and so folks are hitting to post again and then getting double posts.

That's my purely know nothing about it guess.

I thought he was talking about the posts where folks are quoting parts of other posts. But they delete the last bracket of the original quote, throwing off the "quote bubble" & it makes it hard to figure out who said what.

I thought he was talking about the posts where folks are quoting parts of other posts. But they delete the last bracket of the original quote, throwing off the "quote bubble" & it makes it hard to figure out who said what.

I was talking about this as well as the hanging... but I haven't deleted anything and it still happens from time to time. It seems to happen when for some reason you quote a post and it puts in what that post quoted. I'll try to remember to take a screenshot if it happens again. Doesn't happen often, and I can live with the hanging issue but it is aggravating having to edit the posts to remove the quote of the previous quote you are making

I was talking about this as well as the hanging... but I haven't deleted anything and it still happens from time to time. It seems to happen when for some reason you quote a post and it puts in what that post quoted. I'll try to remember to take a screenshot if it happens again. Doesn't happen often, and I can live with the hanging issue but it is aggravating having to edit the posts to remove the quote of the previous quote you are making

If it's hanging that is normally a busy server issue. This server is very beefy and I now have another server running scripts that used to bog this one down. The Quote thing (if I am understanding it correctly) sounds like an issue of getting used to the software. I am still not clear on that though. I have edited some of my posts that included posts of others and didn't see anything unusual.

If it's hanging that is normally a busy server issue. This server is very beefy and I now have another server running scripts that used to bog this one down. The Quote thing (if I am understanding it correctly) sounds like an issue of getting used to the software. I am still not clear on that though. I have edited some of my posts that included posts of others and didn't see anything unusual.

ok, I'll try to remember to SS next time it happens...

This board is having some serious issues with posting and quoting of posts...
The advantage of retaining a quote or unposted comment (unintentional deletion) is offset by unintentional posting. I suspect it could easily be resolved if there were a way to easily intentionally delete those quotes and unposted comments from the reply section. Traditional delete isn't working and the information "deleted" re-appears at unexpected and inconvenient times.

Plus the posting lag times are significant at times.

Last edited:
The quote function seems to be working correctly now. As far as the hanging issue goes, one thing I've found is that if you go ahead and click through to wherever you're going next, it will post. You don't have to sit and stare at the screen until it posts.

When you hit to post it hangs and so folks are hitting to post again and then getting double posts.

That's my purely know nothing about it guess.
You are correct sir. I find that when it hangs up after I hit the post button, instead of hitting Post again, I click the reload page button and <Shazaam!> my post is there.

On this new board, how do you insert a link and get it to just show 'link' instead of the full url?

Back