Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Welcome to the New Board

Ignore list works well, but there are consequences.

All threads started by ignored member are hidden from your view. Problem is, if it's an "All encompassing Xxxxx thread" you don't see that.

I've cleared my ignore list.

Ignore list works well, but there are consequences.

All threads started by ignored member are hidden from your view. Problem is, if it's an "All encompassing Xxxxx thread" you don't see that.

I've cleared my ignore list.
I only wanted one on my list, but it's forbidden.

Is there a way to control the size of picts like we use to be able to do?
I tried the BB code editor and it just screwed things up.
Of course that was probably pilot error. :)

I thought it auto sized them

I've totally stopped using image sizing. I've tried a few different ways but haven't really found a good substitute.

I enjoy it very much but it's still very new to me. I've been away for a while. I'm ready for some Hard Knocks and the first preseason game on my birthday. Really excited about our defense this year.

More or less a joke, but is there any chance of using Wilfork and Watt both in goal line packages on offense. They look to have a good connection just tossing the ball around in practices. Wilfork, ironically enough, throws the perfect 20-yard floater which he probably learned from Tom Brady. The big man has touch and Watt has the phenomenal hands.

All kidding aside, the Ryan Mallett and Brian Hoyer QB battle intrigues me.

Is site traffic down compared to before changing the software, or is it just that I can "see" activity with XenForo? Seems slower...?

How do you "see" traffic activity?

UAxa8.gif

Follow the white rabbit... free your mind.

Fourth or fifth time now since Xenforo install I've gotten this error when trying to access TTalk...

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

This one ~45 minutes ago.

I've been having problems all day. I was trying to post when all of the following happened around 1130EST/1030CST

Anyone else experiencing sporadic "server unavailable" messages when trying
to get to the boards?

**EDIT**
Just got this as I attempted to post:
The following error occurred:

**EDIT 2**

**EDIT 3**
db error is happening A LOT now

Last edited:
Fourth or fifth time now since Xenforo install I've gotten this error when trying to access TTalk...

This one ~45 minutes ago.
I've gotten that repeatedly. At first I thought I was banned, but I get back in just before notifying Paypal to stop the auto draft.

I've been having problems all day. I was trying to post when all of the following happened around 1130EST/1030CST
Anyone else experiencing sporadic "server unavailable" messages when trying
to get to the boards?
Yep. I've been getting error messages and time-out messages sporatically for 2-3 days now.

PayPal stopped drafting my monthly contribution and I want to re up it, but I cannot seem to find the PayPal contribution link, does anyone else see it?

I do not need you thinking that in whatever reality you live in that I am compliant in your reality. Obviously multiple realities exists. Please keep in mind the multiple universe policy in that we all just try to get along.

I do not need you thinking that in whatever reality you live in that I am compliant in your reality. Obviously multiple realities exists. Please keep in mind the multiple universe policy in that we all just try to get along.
Romans 1:22
22 Professing to be wise, they became fools.

Is this better than the emoticons?

We need to make it open season on robots on the board, there's gotta be an add on that allows users to hunt them for sport.

We need to make it open season on robots on the board, there's gotta be an add on that allows users to hunt them for sport.
I don't know of any regulations that prevent robot hunting so I think you're free to proceed.
:)

Yes, we are having issues with the new server. I don't think it's due to this site. It's also affecting my online business. Something keeps crashing certain database tables, including this one. I have one of my server admins working on this now trying to figure out what's causing it.
Well good gremlin hunting.
I'm just glad it's not me having to do the hunting.
I hear DB is locked and loaded though.
:)

Wow. Reading that makes me glad I'm not in the business anymore. Being a retired part time worker is OK, but actually having to deal with real customer service issues is over for me thank god. If I ran this board it'd never be up. :lol:

Wow. Reading that makes me glad I'm not in the business anymore. Being a retired part time worker is OK, but actually having to deal with real customer service issues is over for me thank god. If I ran this board it'd never be up. :lol:

Biting my tongue.....

We would find you.
We would steal all your mangoes.
We would steal your keys and park your new car under a tree full of pigeons until you got things functional again.

We might have found the issue with the site crashing. I just found out that our server host was performing backups. They were not supposed to be doing this. The issue is that we have a server admin team and we do our own backups. I think they were going in while we were already performing backups. This could have been the cause of the database tables crashing. I have asked them to stop doing backups and hopefully that is the end of that issue.

Thanks for the update! :)

Well, don't think that was the issue. Something keeps crashing tables on this site and another one. I am going to have my team look at this site a bit closer and see if something here is the cause of these issues.

BTW, I was just made aware that there was an issue here about an hour ago. I immediately created a ticket for my guys to fix the issue here. I apologize that it was like this for 12 hours.

If any of you see something jacked up here please feel free to text me at 512-736-6212.

Just in case it's going to help with any sort of debugging, I was getting the "An unexpected database error occurred. Try again later" for about 5 minutes this morning. From 11:05 am to 11:10 am CDT.

After that I was getting "A server error occurred. Please try again later." when trying to post this reply. Noticed there were no new messages up until 5 minutes ago - 11:30 pm.

Seems like no posts were allowed after 11:00 am on Weds. You could view posts and like posts and I even started a private conversation, but you couldn't post a reply or make a new post.

Another thing, and I don't know if this is odd or not, there were twice as many 'bots peeking in as there were members at one point mid-afternoon.

Just for the fossils like me (punch card/Fortran era), are there legitimate reasons to have robots on your site?

Just for the fossils like me (punch card/Fortran era), are there legitimate reasons to have robots on your site?
From the webpage of one of the robot sites. They all say pretty much the same thing.
Googlebot
Googlebot is Google's web crawling bot (sometimes also called a "spider"). Crawling is the process by which Googlebot discovers new and updated pages to be added to the Google index.

We use a huge set of computers to fetch (or "crawl") billions of pages on the web. Googlebot uses an algorithmic process: computer programs determine which sites to crawl, how often, and how many pages to fetch from each site.
And at least one of the robots was Asian... Can't tell Chinese characters from Japanese so not sure what the particular country of origin actually was.
站长平台

Last edited:
You really think Cak knew that? Google is your friend.

Now watch, Cak probably did actually know that and is going to try and make me feel bad. LOL. Good luck with that.

Vague recollection/hunch confirmed by google - remember, I had a Chinese girlfriend (also have an uncle and five cousins who are all fluent after 20 years in Taiwan).

Back