Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Welcome to the New Board

Saving drafts happens automatically every 60 seconds as you are typing. You don't have to do anything else. You can also save or delete a draft at any time by clicking on the disk icon to save your post.
Thanks! You da Man!!
:D

Sorry Tapatalk users. I wasted 2 hours of my life today trying to get this board to work. However their sucky software isn't sophisticated enough to accept when a board changes it's own software. It keeps trying to connect to the old board and would not let me delete the old board. Since the URL is the same it keeps telling me that it's "already in use" by another board. So basically they can shove it at this point.

Sorry Tapatalk users. I wasted 2 hours of my life today trying to get this board to work. However their sucky software isn't sophisticated enough to accept when a board changes it's own software. It keeps trying to connect to the old board and would not let me delete the old board. Since the URL is the same it keeps telling me that it's "already in use" by another board. So basically they can shove it at this point.

I just had a popup telling me to use Tapa when I connected.

I just had a popup telling me to use Tapa when I connected.

That's probably because it's installed correctly from our side, however their server is still pointing to the old board. I took a chill pill and sent them a support request email. All they need to do is let us reconnect the thing.

If you don't do whatever it is we ask you to do, within the next 10 seconds, the entire universe expires.
naaah... We're good. Me and some of your alien buddies got together and put some more tokens
Tomorrowland-logo-150x150.jpg

in the meter to give us more time.

Weirdly whatever you did worked. I'm on tapatalk now and it's working beautifully. Many thanks.

I have gotten the hang of pretty much everything, the only thing I would like to see is the "preview reply" at the bottom of the reply box instead of having to go to the "more options tab.

This reminds me of the old board, you just have to go through one extra step to get to it.

aIv6atlEAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

No big deal, it just would make it a little more convenient. :cool:

Last edited:
I have gotten the hang of pretty much everything, the only thing I would like to see is the "preview reply" at the bottom of the reply box instead of having to go to the "more options tab.

This reminds me of the old board, you just have to go through one extra step to get to it.

aIv6atlEAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

No big deal, it just would make it a little more convenient. :cool:

Yeah. Same here. Missing the Preview big-time.

Screenshot_2015-05-29-07-13-25-1.png Fyi - The font color of the warning is really hard to read against the blue background.

Last edited:
Why can't I see certain threads on my laptop...?

The AJ thread has posts from today, but it doesn't show up in the NFL Forum???

TTNFL2_zpsccarqan2.jpg

TTNFL1_zpsdlgquw4l.jpg

I have no explanation for this, but expect it's why I can't get complete search results.

I am going to run the re-caching script again. We had a network outage early this morning and it caused several database crashes, including this one. That's probably the issue you are seeing.

I am going to run the re-caching script again. We had a network outage early this morning and it caused several database crashes, including this one. That's probably the issue you are seeing.
Ahh, okay... thanks, mucho and no rush.

I was having to use Google to find that AJ thread... then it "disappeared" and I thought I was losing it. :mcnugget:
laugh-1.gif

Why can't I see certain threads on my laptop...?

The AJ thread has posts from today, but it doesn't show up in the NFL Forum???

TTNFL2_zpsccarqan2.jpg

TTNFL1_zpsdlgquw4l.jpg

I have no explanation for this, but expect it's why I can't get complete search results.

I feel like a celebrity in this picture lol

I did not like the board at first, but love the alert thing. I always struggled finding my previous posts and now when people quote me it tells me haha, love that

I hate how clicking a TexansTalk link in this new forum doesn't automatically open it in a new tab.
That's really weird, now that you mention it, since clicking on any other posted link opens a new tab. I wonder if there's a setting to change this.

I hate how clicking a TexansTalk link in this new forum doesn't automatically open it in a new tab.

You talking about an offsite link like www.movetube.com or an link within the site itself as you quoted like http://www.texanstalk.com/threads/jadeveon-clowney.105905 ?

Not sure if this is a setting somewhere however links within a site should never open in a new tab. If you want to open an inner link in a new tab just right click on the link and choose to open in a new tab.

You talking about an offsite link like www.movetube.com or an link within the site itself as you quoted like http://www.texanstalk.com/threads/jadeveon-clowney.105905 ?

Not sure if this is a setting somewhere however links within a site should never open in a new tab. If you want to open an inner link in a new tab just right click on the link and choose to open in a new tab.
I'm with TK, clicking on a TT link used to open a new tab. That's a fact.

It's not a deal breaker or anything. Just a change I've noticed.

I'm with TK, clicking on a TT link used to open a new tab. That's a fact.

It's not a deal breaker or anything. Just a change I've noticed.

I'm with Hookem' if it did it was some personal setting. It never did that for me (and I would hate it if it did).

I'm with Hookem' if it did it was some personal setting. It never did that for me (and I would hate it if it did).
Could be a browser thing. I checked the settings on Chrome but didn't see anything obvious. I remember IE had a setting that asked if you wanted a clicked link to open a new tab or a new window but didn't see that in Chrome.

I haven't changed the settings in my browser since the new board was up & running, but maybe it is. It would make sense that an "internal" link wouldn't open in a new tab, but that's the way it worked, for me. & I got used to it.

No biggie, I'll get used to this way. But when I'm reading a thread & someone points to another thread, I'd rather not lose my place in the original thread.

I haven't changed the settings in my browser since the new board was up & running, but maybe it is. It would make sense that an "internal" link wouldn't open in a new tab, but that's the way it worked, for me. & I got used to it.

No biggie, I'll get used to this way. But when I'm reading a thread & someone points to another thread, I'd rather not lose my place in the original thread.

If it's an internal link just use "Ctrl click" to open it up in another tab.

Back