Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome Home, DeMeco Ryans

Sounds good allow me to ask this scenario stick it out with Mills if he's healthy but if injured or a bad showing who would then be the backup QB? Maybe this may be another reason to draft a QB not necessarily a first round pick no?

Hell bring in a career backup on a cheap deal just incase. Fact is Mills looked good 2 seasons ago, then Pep came in and he looked bad. So I think he didn't get a fair second chance, plus his WR was depleted all year.

Hell bring in a career backup on a cheap deal just incase. Fact is Mills looked good 2 seasons ago, then Pep came in and he looked bad. So I think he didn't get a fair second chance, plus his WR was depleted all year.

There's still a chance Mills might be the answer, but the problem is still what's it's always been with Mills; there's Good Mills and there's Bad Mills. And we've all seen that the Good Mills can get the job done, it's just we've seen more of the Bad Mills than the Good Mills.

I'm in the camp to NOT take a QB in the 1st round this year, but that doesn't necessarily mean I wouldn't take a good QB, if one was available, with that 2nd round pick.

There's still a chance Mills might be the answer, but the problem is still what's it's always been with Mills; there's Good Mills and there's Bad Mills. And we've all seen that the Good Mills can get the job done, it's just we've seen more of the Bad Mills than the Good Mills.

I'm in the camp to NOT take a QB in the 1st round this year, but that doesn't necessarily mean I wouldn't take a good QB, if one was available, with that 2nd round pick.

If there is a QB you think you can develop into a franchise QB then I agree with that. Not all players need to be in the first to become Super Stars, a lot of people seem to forget that.

Mills is trash as a starter. I can't believe we're still having this debate. He was never even good much less great. Like not one single game was he great, or did he make enough plays to go ya, that guy has an it factor and can be a star or a damn good starter. In this day and age, you must have a playmaker at QB. Someone that can make wine out of water at least on an occasional basis. Mills can't even make lemonade out of a batch of lemons.

Let's please for the love of all that is holy, bury this Mills talk once and for all. It's a waste of time. The Texans aren't as dumb as y'all think. If you believe the plan is to roll out Mills I got bad news for you. Meco nor any decent FA would set foot on Kirby if the Texans braintrust rolls out the idea of running Mills out there in 2023. Come on folks. Let's move the hell on from that dude. He's an insurance salesman pretending to play QB. Is our PTSD that great that we've lost the ability to see? Boot his ass out on the curb with suitcase in hand and let's go get a real QB.

Last edited:
I think this was an everybody decision.

It’s a good fit and Meco will probably always be a Texan in his mind.

Win Win Win!

I agree with this. A player that turns to coaching is obviously going to go with who wants him. At the time we had the defensive staff we wanted. 49ers offered him a LBs coaching spot and he took it. Coming back to a place where he is comfortable and use to is a win, his wife's family is a win and to coach a team he was part of is comfortable and a win. The front office

Which makes me think this was a Jamila decision.

Same reply to your comment

Mills is trash as a starter. I can't believe we're still having this debate. He was never even good much less great. Like not one single game was he great, or did he make enough plays to go ya, that guy has an it factor and can be a star or a damn good starter. In this day and age, you must have a playmaker at QB. Someone that can make wine out of water at least on an occasional basis. Mills can't even make lemonade out of a batch of lemons.

Let's please for the love of all that is holy, bury this Mills talk once and for all. It's a waste of time. The Texans aren't as dumb as y'all think. If you believe the plan is to roll out Mills I got bad news for you. Meco nor any decent FA would set foot on Kirby if the Texans braintrust rolls out the idea of running Mills out there in 2023. Come on folks. Let's move the hell on from that dude. He's an insurance salesman pretending to play QB. Is our OTSD that great that we've lost the ability to see? Boot his ass out on the curb with suitcase in hand and let's go get a real QB.

I don't think anyone is saying he is a star. A lot of us just don't see a QB to draft early in this draft, so personally I am willing to ride with Mills until we find that guy through FA or in next years draft. I feel we need to get more talent instead of reaching for a QB just because you feel like you have to.

Let's please for the love of all that is holy, bury this Mills talk once and for all. It's a waste of time. The Texans aren't as dumb as y'all think. If you believe the plan is to roll out Mills I got bad news for you. Meco nor any decent FA would set foot on Kirby if the Texans braintrust rolls out the idea of running Mills out there in 2023. Come on folks. Let's move the hell on from that dude. He's an insurance salesman pretending to play QB. Is our OTSD that great that we've lost the ability to see? Boot his ass out on the curb with suitcase in hand and let's go get a real QB.

You are aware that Mills will likely be a Texan for awhile. Even as a backup if that's the case. Players know him and respect him as stated many times by many via interviews and some by what they have said.

Hahaa he said take a qb next year. Idk if you’ve been living under a rock dude but most Texan fans don’t want to watch Davis Mills turn the ball over every game for another season. You take a qb, if that qb doesn’t work out, you’ll have the option again next season. Other than that, great hire by the texans. Hopefully they don’t screw this up like they do everything. Demeco will attract free agents, im all for it
Caserio and mainly Cal is not going into next season with a trash ash quarterback. They’re not reading the message board to look at the bright idea from us fans. They’ll draft players who they believe will help them get over the hump. They know they need a quarterback asap because that’s the most important position on the field. They know they have the money to sway top free agents. Hiring Coach Ryan’s jump starts all of that. They just went through 3-4 years of living in the bottom of the dumpster. They want to win now. So this notion of waiting is not in their vocabulary. Especially Caserio, he knows he’s on the hot seat. So you can best believe they’re looking to draft a quarterback or possibly add Derek Carr. They can still build up the trenches through the draft and in free agency.

Kind of like Sauce and Sting will always be compared...so too now will Ryans and Payton.

Payton you more or less know what you're getting. Ryans you have tons of breadcrumbs that give you a good idea, but until the live bullets are in the chamber, you just never know.

I've got all the confidence in the world that when the books are written on the next decade of both of these hires, the Texans' pick of Ryans will be widely seen as the correct move. We also need to keep the draft compensation in there as part of the overall evaluation of these two. I think both will do very well, but Ryans was the right man for the right team and at the perfect time.

Let's please for the love of all that is holy, bury this Mills talk once and for all. It's a waste of time. The Texans aren't as dumb as y'all think. If you believe the plan is to roll out Mills I got bad news for you. Meco nor any decent FA would set foot on Kirby if the Texans braintrust rolls out the idea of running Mills out there in 2023. Come on folks. Let's move the hell on from that dude. He's an insurance salesman pretending to play QB. Is our PTSD that great that we've lost the ability to see? Boot his ass out on the curb with suitcase in hand and let's go get a real QB.
I will trust in the new coaching staff. I expect a FA will be brought in, but Mills is going nowhere

I eagerly look forward to the day in our society when such rules will no longer be necessary.
Preach! The Rooney rule was supposed to be a good start. However, it now seems to be token interviews to meet the requirement. In every organization, you would think that you want diversity and to develop your employees to their full potential. It speaks volume that the NFL feels it's necessary to reward teams with draft picks for developing qualified minority coaches and front office personnel.

BTW. Did the 49ers also get draft picks for Miami hiring Mike McDaniel?

I will trust in the new coaching staff. I expect a FA will be brought in, but Mills is going nowhere

Maybe but I would release him if we draft a QB high. I don’t want Mills rubbing off on the new kid. Give me a Gardner Minshew type vet that can hold down the fort for a few games until the whiz kid is inserted.

Maybe but I would release him if we draft a QB high. I don’t want Mills rubbing off on the new kid. Give me a Gardner Minshew type vet that can hold down the fort for a few games until the whiz kid is inserted.
What do you think might rub off Mills that would infect a good QB?

At this juncture DeMeco could also turn out to be a colossal failure. His coaching staff and his first draft will be the first indicators as to what we can expect.

If DeMeco fails, I'm blaming the McNairs. lol

Hope you're right

I'm more in the prove it to me mode.

Me, too. But hiring DeMeco has instilled some hope in me that wasn't there before. It's the first time I've actually been looking forward to anything Texans in a long, long time.

I just hope the owners get out of his way now. Their job is done. Let him and Caserio hire the staff and run the draft.

Let Cal & Hannah be in the room, but only for support, not opinions or perspectives. They do not need to be involved in building a staff or team at this point.

Me, too. But hiring DeMeco has instilled some hope in me that wasn't there before. It's the first time I've actually been looking forward to anything Texans in a long, long time.

I just hope the owners get out of his way now. Their job is done. Let him and Caserio hire the staff and run the draft.

Let Cal & Hannah be in the room, but only for support, not opinions or perspectives. They do not need to be involved in building a staff or team at this point.

No lie, I haven't posted this much on here in years. I never stopped being a fan, there was just never anything exciting to talk about until now. It was just one big negative circle jerk.... glad those days are gone!

I'm happy to have DeMeco as our new HC. I just hope Houston fans give him a chance to learn and grow before the typical Houston fan attitudes come out. I've been a Houston fan since the late 70's, and Houston has one of the worst fan bases. Not as bad as Philly, but still not very good.
If we don't win first four I will call for termination. Not really.

what did Hanna say?

She said there is a new McNair in charge. Stop picking on Cal. Don’t doubt them anymore. Have more faith and patience. The “W’s” are comings. Along with a Super Bowl.

And at the very end she screamed “let’s go!”

• Haha
Reactions: JB

Seriously? Who will be our backup?
We need someone here who at least has some familiarity - besides, he will be better with a better team around him.

^^^THIS^^^

Back