Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Welcome Home, DeMeco Ryans

I can't wait to see what DeMeco's D will do this year with the bright shiny toys they brought in during FA and the draft. I think Will Anderson Jr. in his 2nd year across from Danielle Hunter will make life terrible for opposing QBs. I'm not saying Anderson is JJ Watt, but Watt went from 5.5 sacks to 20.5 between year 1 and 2.
Watt and Hunter have something in common, they've both lead the league in sacks.

DT, Sam, CB2, and LB depth are question marks to me. I don’t think the moves are over. I think they have improved at slot, S, Mike, and DE. I also understand that in the salary cap era, every D has a weak spot or two. If the current group is what they take into the season, I see them better against the pass than in 23…both upfront and in the backend…but a step back against the run. I see some potential problems up the middle. Like I said…they may not be done signing guys. I also believe in DeMecos ability to max out the potential of this group and cover up weak spots as well as anyone can.

DT, Sam, CB2, and LB depth are question marks to me. I don’t think the moves are over. I think they have improved at slot, S, Mike, and DE. I also understand that in the salary cap era, every D has a weak spot or two. If the current group is what they take into the season, I see them better against the pass than in 23…both upfront and in the backend…but a step back against the run. I see some potential problems up the middle. Like I said…they may not be done signing guys. I also believe in DeMecos ability to max out the potential of this group and cover up weak spots as well as anyone can.
They like Okudah, Henderson, Lassiter more than Nelson. They've upgraded IMHO.

DT, there's a reason they let Rankin's go, the difference in salary was only a million dollars. Davis was playing better than Collins by the end of the year.

LB depth and a true coverage LB is missing. But Al- Shaair is an upgrade in run defense and is better than Perryman in pass defense I could see a TC trade happening like it did last year, to bolster the depth at LB. I also think one of the UDFA LB's are going to make me team

Last edited:
Back