Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome Home, DeMeco Ryans

I picked those as losses.
Why?
The Colts also had a first-time HC.
They had a rookie QB that was looked at as a long-term prospect.
It was a home game for the Texans, who were the favorites.

You must have thought Steichen as better than Ryans, and A. Richardson as better than CJ Stroud? 🤣

Why?
The Colts also had a first-time HC.
They had a rookie QB that was looked at as a long-term prospect.
It was a home game for the Texans, who were the favorites.

You must have thought Steichen as better than Ryans, and A. Richardson as better than CJ Stroud? 🤣

I was referring to the post I quoted and you said Steelers and bengals.

Here is a list of each game & QB with yards & TDs

Ravens - L. Jackson YD:169 TD:0
Colts - G. Minshew YD:171 TD:1
Jaguars - T. Lawrence YD:279 TD:1
Steelers - K. Pickett YD:114 TD:0
Falcons - D. Ridder YD:329 TD:1
Saints - D. Carr YD:353 TD:1
Panthers - B. Young YD:235 TD:1
Buccaneers - B. Mayfield YD:265 TD:2
Bengals - J. Burrow YD:347 TD:2
Cardinals - K. Murray YD:214 TD:1
Jaguars - T. Lawrence YD:364 TD:1
Broncos - R. Wilson YD:186 TD:1
Jets - Z. Wilson YD:301 TD:2

Here is a list of each game & QB with yards & TDs

Ravens - L. Jackson YD:169 TD:0
Colts - G. Minshew YD:171 TD:1
Jaguars - T. Lawrence YD:279 TD:1
Steelers - K. Pickett YD:114 TD:0
Falcons - D. Ridder YD:329 TD:1
Saints - D. Carr YD:353 TD:1
Panthers - B. Young YD:235 TD:1
Buccaneers - B. Mayfield YD:265 TD:2
Bengals - J. Burrow YD:347 TD:2
Cardinals - K. Murray YD:214 TD:1
Jaguars - T. Lawrence YD:364 TD:1
Broncos - R. Wilson YD:186 TD:1
Jets - Z. Wilson YD:301 TD:2
Ok, now look at Wilson, Young, & Ridder vs the league.

I think we all understand that. I hoped he would give a reason why it seems to coincide with playing crappier QBs.
Zach Wilson outplayed his own ceiling in a game where it was really difficult to pass the ball due to weather conditions. The Zach Wilson we faced was different from the Zach Wilson on tape.

Bryce Young had a new offensive playcaller scheming him and there was no tape at all of that offense being called by that playcaller. That is a difficult spot.

The Falcons game, I’m not so sure what mitigation you could cite, but in fairness the offence left a lot of opportunities on the table in that one and the game should have been dead and buried by the time they mounted their comeback in the 4th quarter.

Certainly there’s room for improvement, and this D is a work in progress in terms of the talent at DeMeco’s disposal, much of the top talent are rookies or 2nd year players who had an awful rookie season under a bad coach.

IMO the Titans win really helps Ryans case for coach of the year. To go on the road & get a comeback win against a division rival without Stroud & several starters while holding Henry to 9 rushing yards is a perfect example of a total team win. Not only that but to bounce back from the humiliating loss to the Jets shows how much of a leader Ryans is.

It ain't gonna happen - the self righteous pricks who said that will be thinking they shamed us into hiring another black dude and picking a black QB ...

They selected an interim black coach, to replace him with a black coach, to replace him with a black coach, to replace him with a black coach...

They went from a black QB to a black QB to a white QB to a black QB...

But Hannah only did that because the Fan Council demanded it.

The prince that was promised. Pretty clear there was a prophecy that prince Stroud would break the football God’s curse on Houston football!

The Chosen One

Y’all want a prophecy? How about this for a ******* prophecy:

It was foretold to me many beers ago that a Texan would lead us to the Super Bowl.

For the longest I thought it was Kubiak. Born in Texas. A Texan.

Then he was fired.

Didn’t know what to make of it.

When would this Texan show up? Would it never happen? Was this some sort of Sun rising in the west and setting in the East bullshit?

Then it happened.

Then is all became clear.

A Texan showed up.

In the darkest of times.

To lead the Texans to a Super Bowl.
3ca9777f1d515ebfcb304f3a88dc6121.jpg

7b5432d33665290394f51d11ca4d4b80.jpg

Trademarked by TexansBull. It is illegal to rebroadcast or reproduce this content in any way.

Y’all want a prophecy? How about this for a ******* prophecy:

It was foretold to me many beers ago that a Texan would lead us to the Super Bowl.

For the longest I thought it was Kubiak. Born in Texas. A Texan.

Then he was fired.

Didn’t know what to make of it.

When would this Texan show up? Would it never happen? Was this some sort of Sun rising in the west and setting in the East bullshit?

Then it happened.

Then is all became clear.

A Texan showed up.

In the darkest of times.

To lead the Texans to a Super Bowl.
3ca9777f1d515ebfcb304f3a88dc6121.jpg

7b5432d33665290394f51d11ca4d4b80.jpg

Trademarked by TexansBull. It is illegal to rebroadcast or reproduce this content in any way.

But will it be available on Peacock?

DeMeco wins PFWA NFL Coach of the Year.

Edit: The PFWA and AP COY awards have mirrored each other since 2009. In 2008, The Dolphins Tony Sparano won the PFWA awards and Mike Smith won the AP awards.

Last edited:
So an offensive coach who’s been head coach since 2020 rode his awesome defense beats out a first year coach that built a team in a cave from spare parts and bailing wire who totally transformed the attitude and culture of a rock bottom football team.

Robbed doesn’t even touch this.
The narrative is that Stepanski got production without the starting QB. No, he got production from Joe Flacco. The Browns were 2-4 with Thompson-Robinson, Walker, and Driskel. 9-2 with Watson and Flacco.

Jim Schwartz and the Browns #1 defense got Stepanski this award. Biggest miss in this category that I can remember. From 3 wins to a division championship? Ryans as COY was a no brainer.

The narrative is that Stepanski got production without the starting QB. No, he got production from Joe Flacco. The Browns were 2-4 with Thompson-Robinson, Walker, and Driskel. 9-2 with Watson and Flacco.

Jim Schwartz and the Browns #1 defense got Stepanski this award. Biggest miss in this category that I can remember. From 3 wins to a division championship? Ryans as COY was a no brainer.

Still, the Browns had an amazing season, besides injuries. And there were a lot more injuries besides the QBs, like Chubb. Of course I would still give the nod to Demeco, but I can see the argument here...

One more thing to consider, but I don't know if that should be a plus or a minus for Stefanski: a lot of the Browns games came down to the wire (and the Browns got very lucky on several of these games). I am not sure if that is a sign for a mentally strong team lead by Stefanski, or if the whole situation would look a lot different if several calls or kicks had gone the other way and the Browns missed the playoffs...

Stefanski, 41, took home the award on a tiebreaker, as he and Houston Texans head coach DeMeco Ryans each finished with 165 points, but Stefanski had 21 first-place votes to Ryans' 20.
link

Should I bring up the litany of Texans injuries over the course of the season, and even preseason? If you say Stefanski should have been 2nd in COY, I'll buy it. Not 1st.

Yeah, that‘s basically what I am saying. Stefanski had a great season and he deserves a lot of votes. But if you ask me, not as many as Demeco. I am just saying this wasn‘t outlandish (like it would have been if CJ didn‘t win). But the voting was also as close as it could get.

Back