Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Welcome Home, DeMeco Ryans

If all of us start following him, it will double his follower count and consequently his credibility.
No, it wouldn't. But it wasn't the point. People like Schefter and Rapsheet have tons of followers, but I don't find them credible. I know that they will report whatever their "sources" tell them. But at least I know they are plugged in and do have sources. This guy Leo is just as informed as you and me.

No, it wouldn't. But it wasn't the point. People like Schefter and Rapsheet have tons of followers, but I don't find them credible. I know that they will report whatever their "sources" tell them. But at least I know they are plugged in and do have sources. This guy Leo is just as informed as you and me.

:sarcasm:

No lie, I haven't posted this much on here in years. I never stopped being a fan, there was just never anything exciting to talk about until now. It was just one big negative circle jerk.... glad those days are gone!

Awesome, man! I hope this inspires more Texans fans to come back. Some of us stayed because someone had to leave the lights on. lol

She said there is a new McNair in charge. Stop picking on Cal. Don’t doubt them anymore. Have more faith and patience. The “W’s” are comings. Along with a Super Bowl.

And at the very end she screamed “let’s go!”

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”
~ George W. Bush

If we adopt a Shanahan WCO, signing Garoppolo as a bridge QB would be a no-brainer. I'm a big believer in letting a rookie QB sit and learn. Worked for Rodgers and Mahomes.
It will cost you $140MM for a 4-year contract, half of which will be guaranteed. I'm not opposed to the idea.
So, how many games will he play each year for that contract? Can you be a bridge QB from the tub?

Here is a worry that crossed my mind. The Texans’ Caserio continues to hire off the Belichick/OB/Tim Kelly/Pep Hamilton tree they are familiar with for their OC position instead of allowing Ryans to access the Shanny/Kubiak WCO tree he has access to. I don’t want to put down a candidate as I don’t know anything about Caley at all, it’s just a fear I’ve had that this would be more of a Caserio staff than a Ryans one. I don’t like the Pats O and it hasn’t been successful without Belichick heading it up and/or Brady as QB. Prove me wrong by all means but it seems to require everyone involved to be a Mensa candidate with some level of psychic connection. It was lightning in a bottle that Brady had the success he did, but it’s too complicated Vs the WCO which seems so teachable with a production line of coaches ready to teach it.

The appeal of Caserio, to me, is that he has grown up as a completely subservient FO guy acting as GM to a coach who owns the GM title, I’ve seen it levelled as a criticism but I want a GM who does the paperwork, makes the cap work and gets the players the coaches want rather than a GM who has power strugggles and gets in the way of his coach.

Here is a worry that crossed my mind. The Texans’ Caserio continues to hire off the Belichick/OB/Tim Kelly/Pep Hamilton tree they are familiar with for their OC position instead of allowing Ryans to access the Shanny/Kubiak WCO tree he has access to. I don’t want to put down a candidate as I don’t know anything about Caley at all, it’s just a fear I’ve had that this would be more of a Caserio staff than a Ryans one. I don’t like the Pats O and it hasn’t been successful without Belichick heading it up and/or Brady as QB. Prove me wrong by all means but it seems to require everyone involved to be a Mensa candidate with some level of psychic connection. It was lightning in a bottle that Brady had the success he did, but it’s too complicated Vs the WCO which seems so teachable with a production line of coaches ready to teach it.

The appeal of Caserio, to me, is that he has grown up as a completely subservient FO guy acting as GM to a coach who owns the GM title, I’ve seen it levelled as a criticism but I want a GM who does the paperwork, makes the cap work and gets the players the coaches want rather than a GM who has power strugggles and gets in the way of his coach.
DeMeco is picking his coaches. Casserio may give some names to be inclusive, but no way DeMeco does not have autonomy to get his guys. Let him talk and pick. I am not worried. PS, I agree I prefer the Shanny versus Patriots tree for offense, and DeMeco will figure it out

Over react much?

giphy.gif

Caserio and mainly Cal is not going into next season with a trash ash quarterback. They’re not reading the message board to look at the bright idea from us fans. They’ll draft players who they believe will help them get over the hump. They know they need a quarterback asap because that’s the most important position on the field. They know they have the money to sway top free agents. Hiring Coach Ryan’s jump starts all of that. They just went through 3-4 years of living in the bottom of the dumpster. They want to win now. So this notion of waiting is not in their vocabulary. Especially Caserio, he knows he’s on the hot seat. So you can best believe they’re looking to draft a quarterback or possibly add Derek Carr. They can still build up the trenches through the draft and in free agency.
Yup, thats the goal!

Mills is trash as a starter. I can't believe we're still having this debate. He was never even good much less great. Like not one single game was he great, or did he make enough plays to go ya, that guy has an it factor and can be a star or a damn good starter. In this day and age, you must have a playmaker at QB. Someone that can make wine out of water at least on an occasional basis. Mills can't even make lemonade out of a batch of lemons.

Let's please for the love of all that is holy, bury this Mills talk once and for all. It's a waste of time. The Texans aren't as dumb as y'all think. If you believe the plan is to roll out Mills I got bad news for you. Meco nor any decent FA would set foot on Kirby if the Texans braintrust rolls out the idea of running Mills out there in 2023. Come on folks. Let's move the hell on from that dude. He's an insurance salesman pretending to play QB. Is our PTSD that great that we've lost the ability to see? Boot his ass out on the curb with suitcase in hand and let's go get a real QB.
If this is true, I’m speechless. People are still debating if Davis Mills is the chosen one? The guy who would fumble or throw an interception every game during crucial moments. No thanks, I don’t want Jay Culter as my starting quarterback. I understand some members want to have a top defense that can carry Mills year in year out but it’s only one problem, quarterbacks are very important and having a quarterback who’s a deer in the headlights when the ball is snapped isn’t going to cut it. Texan fans deserve better and Mills can be a decent backup. He’s 100% not a starter

There's still a chance Mills might be the answer, but the problem is still what's it's always been with Mills; there's Good Mills and there's Bad Mills. And we've all seen that the Good Mills can get the job done, it's just we've seen more of the Bad Mills than the Good Mills.

I'm in the camp to NOT take a QB in the 1st round this year, but that doesn't necessarily mean I wouldn't take a good QB, if one was available, with that 2nd round pick.
Well said. I think the reason why there's a significant portion of the fan base who would be ok sticking with Mills for another year is multi-fold:
1) High lottery QB class is risky this year and NOBODY wants a miss up there which is devastating to a franchise
2) Mills didn't have a chance with WRs that got poor separation and had subpar catch radiuses, along with consistent pressure up the middle. Weapons and protection matters.
3) A lot of people understand building the trenches first is the smartest way to build—unless you have that surefire QB up top. Do we have that?
4) For whatever you want to say about Mills flaws, the man flashes strong arm talent. Whether he can make enough plays out of structure, read progressions fast enough etc. is a different conversation. But he can chuck it pretty good.

So, I'm not saying Mills is the franchise guy like I hoped he would be in 2022. Expectations have come down. However, I think decent 'starter' level football is in front of him (to what degree varies widely in this forum) with a better supporting cast, which let's be honest, was absolute horse manure last year. And then you evaluate as you go.

Still support drafting a QB - question is about value. And most importantly, not missing on your high lottery pick. 1 month until the combine!

Last edited:
Rumor on Twitter is that there will be a surprising number of "familiar faces" at DeMeco's press conference tomorrow.
Sounds like a lot of former Texans will be on hand to celebrate with the new HC

I haven't been keeping up, but is this like his official introduction and first speech making thing?

Back