Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Updated Roster (Post-Draft)

Good strategy - stay away from any geographic area where someone's gotten food poisoning.

Enjoy living on your 10 sq. ft. plot of land.

lol

Well, there is a particular Asian restaurant on the Calle Mostoles in Moraira you should stay away from if you value your health. Unfortunately, I didn't find out from a friend of ours to stay away until after I'd had their Curry Chicken.

And the food poisoning was a less virulent form than the salmonella I got I THINK from grocery store food in Calabasas, CA, about 10 years ago. That crap almost killed me. Literally.

Interesting to note that, after having knee problems all season, Fili Moala underwent a right ACL repair in November 2012 and went on to play all 16 2013 games, while demonstrating very little pass rush capabilities nor run-stopping value (total of 19 tackles). In June 2014 he sustained a "partial" tear of his "ACL"............the same side which was repaired with a tendon during the 2012 surgery. He missed all last season. He opted not to undergo surgery, and essentially rehabbed his knee conservatively.
So sort of like having a clogged artery bypassed then the bypass vessel tears and he decides to treat conservatively?

So sort of like having a clogged artery bypassed then the bypass vessel tears and he decides to treat conservatively?
I guess arteries are different from veins where they just seal off the bad vein and let a secondary vein adapt to become primary. That's what I did to "bypass" bad valves in my feet and legs.

I wish they would have STARTED with human anatomy in Biology instead of focusing in on the million different kinds of worms and algae. I might have made it to a second class.

While players frequently suffer partial tears of the MCL, the relative weakness of the ACL (1/2 tensile strength of the MCL) allows for much less wiggle room in incidences of knee trauma. In other words, the ACL is more likely to be injured as a complete rupture. But partial tears do occur. Most of the studies following patients with conservatively treated partial ACL tears are older studies. There are mixed results, but there seems to be a trend towards eventual rupture in many, especially when there is any semblance of residual knee instability and/or especially when return to repetitive pivoting maneuvers is involved.

MRIs and even exploratory scopes may establish a diagnosis, but it will not definitively necessarily establish if the player should or shouldn't have surgery (except in cases where the ACL is >50% torn, where surgery is universally recommended) The presence of instability of the knee determines the need for surgery. In some cases very small tears can result in instability, and larger ones not. If physical exam reveals instability, then surgery will be recommended. However, sometimes instability may not be detected on physical exam, yet the patient will report "feelings" of instability.........and in these cases surgery should be given serious consideration.

While players frequently suffer partial tears of the MCL, the relative weakness of the ACL (1/2 tensile strength of the MCL) allows for much less wiggle room in incidences of knee trauma. In other words, the ACL is more likely to be injured as a complete rupture. But partial tears do occur. Most of the studies following patients with conservatively treated partial ACL tears are older studies. There are mixed results, but there seems to be a trend towards eventual rupture in many, especially when there is any semblance of residual knee instability and/or especially when return to repetitive pivoting maneuvers is involved.

MRIs and even exploratory scopes may establish a diagnosis, but it will not definitively necessarily establish if the player should or shouldn't have surgery (except in cases where the ACL is >50% torn, where surgery is universally recommended) The presence of instability of the knee determines the need for surgery. In some cases very small tears can result in instability, and larger ones not. If physical exam reveals instability, then surgery will be recommended. However, sometimes instability may not be detected on physical exam, yet the patient will report "feelings" of instability.........and in these cases surgery should be given serious consideration.
I love reading the posts of people like yourself who have mad intellectual skills and can present it to the unwashed masses like myself in a way we can understand it.

I guess arteries are different from veins where they just seal off the bad vein and let a secondary vein adapt to become primary. That's what I did to "bypass" bad valves in my feet and legs.

I wish they would have STARTED with human anatomy in Biology instead of focusing in on the million different kinds of worms and algae. I might have made it to a second class.
have to start with worms and algae rather than human reproductive so them youngsters don't get all "het up".

I love reading the posts of people like yourself who have mad intellectual skills and can present it to the unwashed masses like myself in a way we can understand it.
I am using Doc's posts to start my own medical profession. I let folks tell me what they think is wrong and I always say "surgery a must!" Don't really need the money but that there Social Security may be running out and I may have to supplement my guvment check.

I am using Doc's posts to start my own medical profession. I let folks tell me what they think is wrong and I always say "surgery a must!" Don't really need the money but that there Social Security may be running out and I may have to supplement my guvment check.
Spoken like a true Capitalist Pig. WOW! That takes me back a few decades. But I can't help but think I'm missing another derogatory adjective before Capitalist. But I just can't place it.

Last edited:
Spoken like a true Capitalist Pig. WOW! That takes me back a few decades. But I can't help but think I'm missing another derogatory adjective before Capitalist. But I just can't place it.

Given that he is going to be using false advice to make money I think the term is huckster.

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock
Other teams cutting down to 53 will be key as well. There are some future Texans on other rosters. RB position probably one of them.

S:
Rahim
Quintin
Hal
Stevie

Drummond & Moore have 2 weeks for them to jump. Very possible. Lonnie can't stay healthy.
CB:
Kareem
Joseph
Johnson
Bouye
Morris
James

Rolle showed well last year but gets bumped.
ILB:
Cushing
Mohamed
McKinney
Tuggle

Last one is tough. Could easily see Bullough or Dent being the 4th ILB but I like a healthy Tuggle
OLBs:
Clowney
Mercilus
Simon
Ankrah
Kourtnei

Keeping 5 due to Clowney coming back from injury. Trail & Thompson hopefully last on P-Squad
DL:
Watt
Crick
Wilfork
Covington
Tevita Finau
Nix

Keeping 6 here because of youth & unproven backups. Pagan out. Neild wildcard.
RB:
Jay Prosch
Alfred Blue
Arian Foster
Grimes
Hilliard

Polk's injury history & Grimes comp abilities leads me to Grimey over Polk.
QB:
Ryan Mallett
Tom Savage
Brian Hoyer
TE:
Garrett Graham
CJ Fiedorowicz
Ryan Griffin

Denham is hurt by the injury & really no room for him. Khari Lee will build on P-Squad.
OL:
Duane
Newton
Brooks
Ben Jones
Jeff Adams
Xavier
Slade
Mancz

They could go real low on OL due to lack of depth or real heavy. Cody White, Aaron Adams & James Ferentz could all fight for a roster spot over the next 2 weeks but right now I have them on the outside.
WRs:
Hopkins
Shorts
Washington
Mumphery
Strong

Have them keeping 6 & last spot is close but I'm going with Uzoma "EZ". I could also see them keeping Chandler Worthy, Damaris Johnson or Alan Bonner for that 6th spot, IF they even keep 6.Worthy has to show up consistently in the passing game, IMO. Damaris has to add to returns. Bonner has to play as fast in games as practice.
On this 53 man projection, I'll go position by position. Let's get this out of the way first:

Lechler
Bullock
Weeks​

I was just weeding through all of Braddocks roster tweets a minute ago. It's pretty good. The only real issue I have is bumping Pagan. He's obviously seen enough of Finau to give him a roster spot. I'm not sure I have. I thought Pagan played well for a rook and expect him to be even better. Covington, Nix and Finau haven't proven to be better than Pagan

Personally I would carry Pagan over Finau because of his youth and potential. If an injury happens there will always be a guy like Finau that you can sign off the street to come in and fill depth. But then again I think we are a fringe playoff team and would rather hold onto young players than go for vets for the time being because I don't see a deep playoff run in our immediate future.

ILB:
Cushing
Mohamed
McKinney
Tuggle

Last one is tough. Could easily see Bullough or Dent being the 4th ILB but I like a healthy Tuggle

I would be somewhat concerned at this point about Dent. He's already having ankle problems again just a week into his Houston return. From the beginning of and throughout the 2013 season, he was suffering from ankle problems. In February of 2014, he was to undergo surgery on his ankle. However, after a second opinion, he weighed his options and decided to forego surgery and take the course of an extended rest and rehab. There were times that Dent looked good last year. Now we see this injury popping up again in the early offseason (in a walking boot since OTAs). He has just been released from PUP. But with no real option for extended rest and rehab from here on out, it is an injurythat has a good chance of recurring until he finally decides to address it surgically somewhere down the line (unless that is why he was in a boot, and they eventually announce that he had offseason surgery).

Last edited:
When I was fiddling with the roster, I ended up with Cush, Mohamed, and McKinney. But I struggled for my 4th. I finally went with Bullough over Dent (because of Dent's injury history), and Tuggle. But it was a tough decision. I haven't really seen or heard anything from any of those guys this preseason except for spotting Bullough in the preseason game.

I would be somewhat concerned at this point about Dent. He's already having ankle problems again just a week into his Houston return. From the beginning of and throughout the 2013 season, he was suffering from ankle problems. In February of 2014, he was to undergo surgery on his ankle. However, after a second opinion, he weighed his options and decided to forego surgery and take the course of an extended rest and rehab. There were times that Dent looked good last year. Now we see this injury popping up again in the early offseason (in a walking boot since OTAs). He has just been released from PUP. But with no real option for extended rest and rehab from here on out, it is an injurythat has a good chance of recurring until he finally decides to address it surgically somewhere down the line (unless that is why he was in a boot, and they eventually announce that he had offseason surgery).

Dent's salary is guaranteed this year as well. Would be a $1.625m dead money charge in 2015, and $375k dead money charge in 2016. However, the team would get a cap credit in 2016 for any salary Dent receives in 2015 to offset his $1.25m due from Houston.

He's not the first, but I have a real problem going with only 3 backup OL'men. I think we go into the season with 4 backups, 9 total.

Foster, I'm thinking, will not be on the 53 to start the season. We have too much talent on the team and not activating Foster until mid-season allows us to keep one more player that otherwise would be cut.

Not sure I'd keep all those olb's. Haven't seen them there, but tuggle and McKinney can play out there if needed.

But there's three more games so we'll see.

Not sure I'd keep all those olb's. Haven't seen them there, but tuggle and McKinney can play out there if needed.

But there's three more games so we'll see.

When I put my list together, three OLBs was a given: Clowney, Mercilus, and Simon.

Ankrah played for us last year. He plays ST, he's good at setting the edge, and he seems to have improved his pass rushing, so for me, he's in.

I don't expect Kourtnei to make it. I think he's in the list above as a knee-jerk reaction to those two sacks against the Niners. I don't think those were enough to make the team for him.

The two interesting guys are the guys they brought in for the second quarter: Trail and Thompson. Those guys are NOT good enough at this point to make the team, even though I think they're probably both very talented. I think they're throwing them into situations hoping to see them step up and play to their talent. But they're PS, at best.

...I don't expect Kourtnei to make it. I think he's in the list above as a knee-jerk reaction to those two sacks against the Niners. I don't think those were enough to make the team for him...
Kourtnei is likely on the bubble on most lists. We have three more pre-season games and the last three or four or five players on our lists likely will be changing after each. I'm thinking OB will ultimately decide to place Foster on the Reserve/PUP list, allowing him to keep one more of the developmental players on the active roster for a few more weeks. If this is the case, I have three bubble slots that I'm finding particularely difficult to decide upon and maybe as many as seven players I have on the bubble to fill those slots. Denver and New Orleans are going to be my deciding games, and if he performs like he did against San Francisco, Kourtnei will likely make my final list.

Kourtnei is likely on the bubble on most lists. We have three more pre-season games and the last three or four or five players on our lists likely will be changing after each. I'm thinking OB will ultimately decide to place Foster on the Reserve/PUP list, allowing him to keep one more of the developmental players on the active roster for a few more weeks. If this is the case, I have three bubble slots that I'm finding particularely difficult to decide upon and maybe as many as seven players I have on the bubble to fill those slots. Denver and New Orleans are going to be my deciding games, and if he performs like he did against San Francisco, Kourtnei will likely make my final list.

Just a nit, but Foster can't go on PUP, he's got to go IR with Designation to Return. I expect Foster's injury to force us to keep one more RB on the roster, not another player at another position. When he comes back, I'm going to expect someone like Grimes or Hilliard to get cut and probably PSd.

Just a nit, but Foster can't go on PUP, he's got to go IR with Designation to Return. I expect Foster's injury to force us to keep one more RB on the roster, not another player at another position. When he comes back, I'm going to expect someone like Grimes or Hilliard to get cut and probably PSd.

Don't think Grimes has eligibility for PS.

Without Foster, I'm currently carrying three RB's; Blue, Hilliard and Polk; plus Prosch. When Foster's ready to return, we'll see. Injuries often open up a slot on the 53 without having a player go through waivers prior to placing him on the PS.

Without Foster, I'm currently carrying three RB's; Blue, Hilliard and Polk; plus Prosch. When Foster's ready to return, we'll see. Injuries often open up a slot on the 53 without having a player go through waivers prior to placing him on the PS.

That last sentence doesn't make much sense to me, maybe the way I am reading it. Any player to be signed to the practice squad must be released and go through waivers. Only 4 year vested vets do not go through the waiver process, and they are not eligible for PS.

That last sentence doesn't make much sense to me, maybe the way I am reading it. Any player to be signed to the practice squad must be released and go through waivers. Only 4 year vested vets do not go through the waiver process, and they are not eligible for PS.
The way I read it, the other player(s) going off the 53 creates the opening rather than forcing a player to be waived. I don't think he intended to indicate there was a way to bypass the waiver process. I think he was just saying roster attrition with more words.

The way I read it, the other player(s) going off the 53 creates the opening rather than forcing a player to be waived. I don't think he intended to indicate there was a way to bypass the waiver process. I think he was just saying roster attrition with more words.

Thanks. I figured I would mis-reading it some way.

Yah, not worded real well. I was referring to Hilliard having to clear waivers before he could be signed to the PS. An injury would open up a spot on the squad without exposing Hilliard, once Foster is ready to return.

When I put my list together, three OLBs was a given: Clowney, Mercilus, and Simon.

Ankrah played for us last year. He plays ST, he's good at setting the edge, and he seems to have improved his pass rushing, so for me, he's in.

I don't expect Kourtnei to make it. I think he's in the list above as a knee-jerk reaction to those two sacks against the Niners. I don't think those were enough to make the team for him.

The two interesting guys are the guys they brought in for the second quarter: Trail and Thompson. Those guys are NOT good enough at this point to make the team, even though I think they're probably both very talented. I think they're throwing them into situations hoping to see them step up and play to their talent. But they're PS, at best.

After the Denver game I think Kourtnei's chances just went up! Two more games left to prove he belongs, or not.

image_zpsh4tdcsdn.jpg

So, predictions on who the first 15 cuts will be?

This is hard.

Stevie Brown
Jace Davis
Keshawn Martin
Kendall Lamm
Joseph Treadwell
Cam McLeod
Tony Washington
Will Johnson
Terrance Parks
Jumal Rolle
Chris Neild
Max Bullough?
Carlos Thompson
Tony Washington
Travis Labhart

This is hard.

Stevie Brown
Jace Davis
Keshawn Martin
Kendall Lamm
Joseph Treadwell
Cam McLeod
Tony Washington
Will Johnson
Terrance Parks
Jumal Rolle
Chris Neild
Max Bullough?
Carlos Thompson
Tony Washington
Travis Labhart

I think Will Johnson is kept for the final preseason game so that Lechler doesn't have to work. Surprised you think Bullough is gone not he first set of releases. I have him set to make the 53 man roster.

I think Will Johnson is kept for the final preseason game so that Lechler doesn't have to work. Surprised you think Bullough is gone not he first set of releases. I have him set to make the 53 man roster.

That ILB position is a log jam. Although I like Bullough and a week ago, I had him making the 53, I can't deny the ST play that Tuggle and Dent bring to the table. With Tarpinian coming back from injury, I don't think they're going to cut him now. I think they look at Tarp as the primary backup to Mohamed when we need a coverage ILB.

For me, several of these guys were hard cuts: Bullough, Labhart, Neild, Rolle. I only included Will Johnson because I couldn't make up my mind on other guys.

I also wanted to balance playing time. We've got to have enough 3rd string bodies to play that 4th preseason game. I tried not to cut so many WRs for that reason.

This is hard.

Stevie Brown
Jace Davis
Keshawn Martin
Kendall Lamm
Joseph Treadwell
Cam McLeod
Tony Washington
Will Johnson
Terrance Parks
Jumal Rolle
Chris Neild
Max Bullough?
Carlos Thompson
Tony Washington
Travis Labhart
Brown is already gone, but you need another player because you duplicated Washington.

This is hard.

Stevie Brown
Jace Davis
Keshawn Martin
Kendall Lamm
Joseph Treadwell
Cam McLeod

Terrance Parks
Jumal Rolle
Chris Neild
Max Bullough?
Carlos Thompson
Tony Washington
Travis Labhart
It is more difficult than you'd think...

Stevie Brown
Jace Davis
Keshawn Martin
Bryan Witzmann
Aaron Adams
Joseph Treadwell
Cam McLeod
Tony Washington
Terrance Parks
Corey Moore
Kurtis Drummond
Dan Pettinato