Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Texanstalk Team on GLB (MMO RPG)

so question....what is the benefit of training on intense? You don't recover energy as fast, and its more expensive....what do you get out of it?

Really no benefit out of it just a few more points giving to you. I would not train on intense unless you are in the off season and have alot of money.

not a whole lot of difference. .39 to an attribute instead of .35 and it costs quite a bit more. money's never a problem though so train as hard as you can while still getting back to 100% energy before the next game ... for most of my guys it's one relaxed and one normal, or one normal and one intense. if you're unsure, just set it to relaxed and leave it there to be safe.

nice game against FFAS by the way. as i've said, these games are going to continually get harder and if we dont have a centerfielder out there it's going to be a long day. we want our cb's to deflect every pass and the defensive line to get all the tackles, but with 4 of our last 6 games being against playoff teams, there'll be plenty of unwanted stats to go around.

If you look at our back up center, his other player is on a division rival team. Death Valley Asassins. I found out when I was about to give him a new contract at lvl 8. (needless to say I did not give him a bonus) I have never seen him post and I am wondering if he might give our gameplans away via the GLB forums.

I am posting here instead of the GLB forums for obvios reasons. I sent hardcore a message about it, then I got a message that he was given signing bonus and a contract. (hardcore) If anyone knows this guy or is he a TT board member let me know.

With the playoffs coming up we can't afford to let our gameplans get into opposing teams hands.

it hasnt hurt us yet so i'm not sure if we should drop him or not. i definitely wouldnt say anything to him though ... the last thing we'd want is to give him a heads up if we were to cut him. if we end up playing against them in the playoffs however i'd drop him in a heartbeat - they're the only team to really score on us.

a decision should be made soon though, i think we're almost out of time to make trades or sign players.

if he's a board member, that's a different story but i dont think that it is.

Well I sent him a message last night. I looked at the playoff matchups if we were to start the post season today. Guess who we would be playing....

Death Valley Assasins.

I am very uncomfortable with the situation but we will play it out till the playoffs.

I will post his reply once I recieve one. He is not a board member as Vtech recruited him on the GLB boards.

Well I sent him a message last night. I looked at the playoff matchups if we were to start the post season today. Guess who we would be playing....

Death Valley Assasins.

I am very uncomfortable with the situation but we will play it out till the playoffs.

I will post his reply once I recieve one. He is not a board member as Vtech recruited him on the GLB boards.

that's why i would NOT have written to him. making this a known matter gives him the opportunity to save any and all information on our forum. perhaps he's passing information - which could explain such a mediocre team being 7-5, but even if he werent he now is aware. cut him and do it quickly.

If we want to get rid of him, we should try to trade him if possible. We will need a backup G or C, as we still have AJ to fill one or the other. I would suggest trying to trade for a similiar level G.

If not, someone should get ready to build a back up G or C. I would be glad to do it, just give a little bit of a heads up first.

that's why i would NOT have written to him. making this a known matter gives him the opportunity to save any and all information on our forum. perhaps he's passing information - which could explain such a mediocre team being 7-5, but even if he werent he now is aware. cut him and do it quickly.

There is a good chance it is just coincidence he ended up in our conference, while I don't want to put ourselves at too much risk, he should get some benefit of the doubt, not being naive here, just trying to be fair. Plus it will hurt our chemistry.

Besides, he has had all the time in the world to save our gameplans, etc. already.

trade deadline was yesterday - i'm not sure if that affects signings or not but i think it does.

i'm all for fair play but this looks like bad business to me. i dont trust anyone by nature and if he were an honest player he would've said something seeing as he's never been inactive. i dont like it and i'd cut ties immediately ... BUT that's the reason yall are in charge, each of you is far more aware than i am.

edit: passing information and saving our scripts is very different.

trade deadline was yesterday - i'm not sure if that affects signings or not but i think it does.

i'm all for fair play but this looks like bad business to me. i dont trust anyone by nature and if he were an honest player he would've said something seeing as he's never been inactive. i dont like it and i'd cut ties immediately ... BUT that's the reason yall are in charge, each of you is far more aware than i am.

edit: passing information and saving our scripts is very different.

Well, it just sucks to be in this situation. Maybe we can send a message to Bort and ask them to check the DV Assaisins forum? If he has been spying and posting, I would think that would be against the rules somehow. Maybe they won't do it.

I have read in one of my other team's forum, they are not even posting the gameplan, just telling everyone how to set their tatics. They are saying the forums can be hacked pretty easily and that the Admins are trying to fix it. Don't know how true that is, but that's what the OC of the team said.

I don't understand why people just have to freaking cheat. Isn't it much more fun to gameplan and compete and see how the game turns out, much more satisfying to earn it. Freaking cheatin' losers. :loser

i'd highly recommend contacting bort and DD on this matter. both to bring another example into play and to hopefully make sure we're not being quoted on another team's forum. that's the only way to make sure.

i have to appologize though. i saw this player earlier and mixed him up with someone else. i thought the conflicting player had been traded so i didnt think anything else of it and am just now finding out i was looking at the wrong guy.

i'd highly recommend contacting bort and DD on this matter. both to bring another example into play and to hopefully make sure we're not being quoted on another team's forum. that's the only way to make sure.

i have to appologize though. i saw this player earlier and mixed him up with someone else. i thought the conflicting player had been traded so i didnt think anything else of it and am just now finding out i was looking at the wrong guy.

I will send them a message, also I am going to go create a Guard right now, so we have an 3rd string option.

Here's the message I sent:

Hi,

I have a concern and I wanted to bring attention to it, in case either you have seen this before or perhaps may be new to you guys. I am the GM of the Houston Toro's. We have discovered our backup center, Samuel T. Bonecrusher, agent is Laurence of Arabia, plays for an opponent in our division. Mine and the other coaches concern is that he may be spying information from us and posting in his other teams forum, "Death Valley Assasains". This could very well be a coincidence that he just happened to have two of his players on these two teams. While we don't want to be paranoid, neither do we want to be naive. Is there any way you guys could just look at his team forum and see if he is posting and sharing our gameplans and such. We have a good chance to see them in the playoffs. We are a suspicious because he has never posted in our forums, never speaks out to his teammates and had never been inactive. Our owner sent him a message but we have not heard back.

All we want is a level playing field. It is shame to hear about some of the cheating that has happened and people trying to find a way to get ahead unfairly. This is a great game, a ton of fun, and very rewarding when you earn a win. I don't know if you had this question before, I am sure there is no problem having players in the same division as long as it is done with integrity.

Again, we have no way to know if he is loyal to the team or not.

Have you had any reports like this? Is there a precedence of what you guys will do in this situation? We really hope he is on the level, we want to keep him on the team and keep moving forward. But for some reason our gameplans are getting ripped off, that would just be terribly wrong.

thanks for any help and guidance you can offer,
HT

Hardcore and Scoot,

you both have the ability to mod the forums. If you want to, lets save all our gameplanning information on all the past games and delete the gameplanning threads. There is alot of information on other teams on our boards. I hate to think they might be using our learned inforomation to gameplan against other teams in our division.

I tend to agree with scoot, i just don't trust the situation as being pure chance.

I can't check my GLB account till later today, I will let you know if he replied when i get home.

Hardcore and Scoot,

you both have the ability to mod the forums. If you want to lets save all our gameplanning information on all the past games and delete the gameplanning threads. Thier is alot of information on other teams on our boards. I hate to think they might be using our learned inforomation to gameplan against other teams in our division.

I tend to agree with scoot, i just don't trust the situation as being pure chance.

I can't check my GLB account till later today, I will let you know if he replied when i get home.

I will start saving the game plans to my hard drive. I can email them to you and Scoot so we have back ups.

Do you want me to sign my G or you can make an offer later. I am getting D league offers already, I am not sure how those work. I would not mind leveling up through XP in a D leauge is I can signed by the Toros as soon as I am needed.

Hey Hardcore, go ahead and sign your player to one of the D-league teams. You can't be traded to another team, and you will be able to develope your guy until needed. If you sign with a D-league team, you can be offered a contract from any human team, but it is up to you to accept the offer.

As far as the Bonecrasher goes, I believe you can bar him from viewing the team forums if it comes down to it. I really doubt he is passing on anything though. He was a member of the Toros before his other player joined Death Valley. When I signed him, there was no conflict, and now I hope it is just coincidence that his SS signed with Death Valley a couple games later.

i might've been a little hasty but the whole thing doesnt exactly sit well with me and he should've been the one to say something. if we can keep him from reading the forums, that's a way to keep him without having to worry. i want no part of personnel though so this is entirely up to you guys.

Well in his reply he confirmed what Vtech described when he signed him. He stated that he never has given team gameplanning away to his other team. When hardcore gets a reply from the forum admins I think we can make a decision from that information. As for now, he will stay on the team at least to the playoffs. If we win out we won't be matched with DVA so i don't think it will be a large issue.

If it comes back that he did post info, well, we have to cut him. What makes me upset with that scenario is we can't even trade him due to the trade deadline.

on a side note, I did not know players could be offered contracts on d leagues, thanks for the heads up.

I have my Guard on d-league team now, getting him developed until he is needed. If we get real far along and never need him that's fine too. Might could be the 3rd stringer for both guard positions?

Well in his reply he confirmed what Vtech described when he signed him. He stated that he never has given team gameplanning away to his other team. When hardcore gets a reply from the forum admins I think we can make a decision from that information. As for now, he will stay on the team at least to the playoffs. If we win out we won't be matched with DVA so i don't think it will be a large issue.

If it comes back that he did post info, well, we have to cut him. What makes me upset with that scenario is we can't even trade him due to the trade deadline.

on a side note, I did not know players could be offered contracts on d leagues, thanks for the heads up.

I am a little late on this topic. I had noticed this conflict of interest earlier in the season, but for some reason I didn't mention it. I doubt if the guy is a spy because that would be stupid and ridiculous.

If he is some sort of spy then couldn't we trade him after the season? He is under contract for a while. We could always pm the gameplan if need be. It's more likely that if we have spy's on our team then they are smart enough not to play for another team in our conference.

Who on our team is not a member of TT? I would love to see a list because it is hard to tell when some people have different user names on the different boards. Plus, some guys only post here and not there and vice versa.

I agree. It seems a little to blatant to be a spy operation. There are convievable ways to go undercover with a 3rd team in a different league.

Example:
Agent A puts a player on Toros in BBB3 and another player on Team X in BBB1.
Agent B puts a player on Bulls in BBB3 and another player in the same Team X in BBB1.

Those two could trade Toros info on their Team X forum, but that seems like way to much work just to spy on one team.

Also, I'm RTMFNP on the GLB boards.

My name is AlphaWave on the boards, just for the record. Player is backup FS Frank Alpha. I do have another account that was dumped on me by my brother that im running. it has one player (LVL 6 or 7? NT Macho Donkey) starting for our rivals, the West Charleville Sharpshooters. I have never posted there other than to say hi, and where i'm from. I would've asked to have him traded here, but didn't think we needed him and didn't want to take away a spot from another TT member since I have already playing here.

But, if i had my choice, i'd have him here. Easier to watch both that way.

With the present situation, I felt it would be necessary to mention.

i'm first in line as far as overreacting, but "spy" is hardly the term and i was wrong in getting overly worked up about it. favoriting one team and sharing your other team's successful means is something different and is equally harmful, whether by accident or not. scourge makes a perfect example that it can be completely harmless and purely accidental, and from what we can tell it's the same way with this guy so my appologies for going straight to the guillotine. what i dont like is not knowing and it coming from an "outside" player. there are a couple of active guys who are on the forums (steele's owner for example) that i'd really like to keep around for next season, but i think it'd be in our best interest to try to make it more of a TT team this offseason.

My name is AlphaWave on the boards, just for the record. Player is backup FS Frank Alpha. I do have another account that was dumped on me by my brother that im running. it has one player (LVL 6 or 7? NT Macho Donkey) starting for our rivals, the West Charleville Sharpshooters. I have never posted there other than to say hi, and where i'm from. I would've asked to have him traded here, but didn't think we needed him and didn't want to take away a spot from another TT member since I have already playing here.

But, if i had my choice, i'd have him here. Easier to watch both that way.

With the present situation, I felt it would be necessary to mention.

see if he will release you when the seasons over, so we can sign you to the new team.

I have three players on two different teams, and would love to have one of them join the Toros if there is a spot.
Two of them are free agents this offseason, and one is on a long term contract, but may still be available because he is a speedy, agile DE on a team who is switching to a 3-4 next season. They may want to have more beefy DLinemen with the 3-4.
The other two are a fast coverage/blitzing type OLB, and a pure blocking stud of a FB.

Here are links to their profiles (settings allow all to view their profiles):

Buck Ditkus - (Lvl 15 DE):
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=121514

B.A. Blitzer - (Lvl 14 OLB):
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=249573

Wolfgang Gunnz (Lvl 14 FB):
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=174704

I have three players on two different teams, and would love to have one of them join the Toros if there is a spot.
Two of them are free agents this offseason, and one is on a long term contract, but may still be available because he is a speedy, agile DE on a team who is switching to a 3-4 next season. They may want to have more beefy DLinemen with the 3-4.
The other two are a fast coverage/blitzing type OLB, and a pure blocking stud of a FB.

Here are links to their profiles (settings allow all to view their profiles):

Buck Ditkus - (Lvl 15 DE):
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=121514

B.A. Blitzer - (Lvl 14 OLB):
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=249573

Wolfgang Gunnz (Lvl 14 FB):
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=174704

i'm greedy but i'd take all 3 of em. vtech's started planning ahead so he'd be the one to talk to.

One outta three ain't bad, I guess. I'm ready for the season.
GO TOROS!

Ive been traded from the Toros. Sad to leave but look forward to being a starter. ;)

We wanted to keep you, but you were having problems keeping your energy up, and the guy that traded for you said that he was going to help you with boosts and custom equipment, so I thought it was going to be a better option for you.

We wanted to keep you, but you were having problems keeping your energy up, and the guy that traded for you said that he was going to help you with boosts and custom equipment, so I thought it was going to be a better option for you.

That's cool, I am now a starter and I have upgraded my stamina.

Well, Stop Me wanted to be traded or released, so we gave him the option of finding a trading partner. That, as we say, is history.

Yeah, the business side of things is just that, business and nothing personal. I wish all the TT.com guys were all together, but it does always work out that way.

Vtech, San Antonio Texan, and Scoot:

Let's discuss the issue at hand here. So far you all replied to me and to sum up:

Scoot agrees about the QB issue, and pretty much agrees about Sha Nayney.

Reddcow/ SA Texan is going to talk to Sven and see what is up and agrees about Sha Nayney

Vtech agrees we should search for a higher level QB and bench Sven for now until we find one and play Ross. He also says we can develop Stephen Neal to fill both back up Guard spots if he agrees to follow the builds and is on board.

So at a minimum, all 4 of us agree about Sha Nayney and 3 out of 4 agree we need to make a change at QB for the reason mentioned in the PM.

The good thing here is we have some time on our side, our schedule is going to be much easier in the coming games, however let's no overlook Blitzburg they took us all the way to the end last season in a tie ball game.

Vtech, San Antonio Texan, and Scoot:

Let's discuss the issue at hand here. So far you all replied to me and to sum up:

Scoot agrees about the QB issue, and pretty much agrees about Sha Nayney.

Reddcow/ SA Texan is going to talk to Sven and see what is up and agrees about Sha Nayney

Vtech agrees we should search for a higher level QB and bench Sven for now until we find one and play Ross. He also says we can develop Stephen Neal to fill both back up Guard spots if he agrees to follow the builds and is on board.

So at a minimum, all 4 of us agree about Sha Nayney and 3 out of 4 agree we need to make a change at QB for the reason mentioned in the PM.

The good thing here is we have some time on our side, our schedule is going to be much easier in the coming games, however let's no overlook Blitzburg they took us all the way to the end last season in a tie ball game.

I have already talked to Stephen Neal, and he agrees to work on his guy and develop him like we want him to. He likes the idea of backing up both spots.

The QB on the other hand, isn't as easy to take care of.

I agree Vtech.

And if anyone doesn't think it is safe to post this here, I will delete the content of my post. As far as I know, not that many people come here, except for the core group.

I agree Vtech.

And if anyone doesn't think it is safe to post this here, I will delete the content of my post. As far as I know, not that many people come here, except for the core group.

You'd be surprised, but this isn't anything they couldn't figure out for themselves, so it's all good.

You'd be surprised, but this isn't anything they couldn't figure out for themselves, so it's all good.

That's kind of what I figured, if any of the Bulls come here it will be long done time we see them again and doesn't change too much. Copying and sending all the PM's is much slower than everyone getting to post.

They should create a special forum for each team for the GM's only to be able to discuss things in the open.

this is an offensive evaluation so i'm mostly just a spectator here. i'm just not a fan of the inactivity and lack of involvement. it only takes 5 minutes every other day to log in and check the gameplan that someone else spent hours on. heck the player help threads take any guesswork out of assigning skill points if people need it. 90% of this team is very into it ... boosting, posting, keeping up with their players ... so it seems fitting that since that is the team's direction we need to try to make it 100%. it's a TT team so that comes first, but i'm not a nice enough guy to feel guilt towards folks when they're not part of the reason we made this team or helping to make it better.

Back