Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Texanstalk Team on GLB (MMO RPG)

the free agent market has been horrible for us this year. And players such as Limas are most likely out of here in the offseason.

I am going to read about now(I never did earlier) to see how this goes

Cool I have 2 players now DE Brandon Shadows and QB BranDan Pastorock.

It's basically like creating a player on Madden and putting him on a team and see how he does statistically. It's a stat driven game.

I am at the create a player thing

Choose your player name and position below. Please avoid curse words and racially offensive names. If you use these sorts of names, your player's name will be changed by admin staff.

Why would I want to create a non-glamour player? Glamour positions are often overloaded with too many players and not enough positions to fill. Non-glamour players are always in demand. If you want to be assured a spot on a good team, choose a non-glamour position such as Offensive Line or DT.

now i have to pick

do y'all have your own Texans team? if so what positions are of need?
(if I can get good enough to make the squad)

I missed the response, I am messing around on a cpu team
DE is what I put ..
Texan Wolf
6-3 264

Strength:14 (59% training done)
Blocking:10(67% training done)
Speed:14
Tackling:13(+1 w/gloves
Agility:14(+1 w/ cleats)
Throwing:9
Jumping:10
Catching:9
Stamina:13(+1 w/shirt)
Carrying:8
Vision:11(+1 w/visor)(73% training done)
Kicking:8
Confidence:10
Punting:10

I dont know it was a good thing but I used my points special abilities

swat ball,wall,strong base,diving tackle,monster hit

first step,change direction,shed block,tunnel vision, big sack

but not sure about equipment and what that will do

I guess the first game is tomorrow for me.. (I have no clue what I am doing LOL)

Last edited:
PLAY INTENSITY
Use up more energy but plays hard

tackling style
Balanced between forcing fumbles and making tackles

play type focus
run:bonus to reading run plays gets fooled on pass plays

pass rush style
combo.. mix evasive with power

hehe well from a more experienced there are a lot of less than ideal things you've done so far, but half the fun is figuring it out. i've sent you an alert inviting you to join the houston toros' forum.

I have 200 flex points left, would it be wise to spend it on a boost or save it and later when I get accustomed to the game, create another player?

oops, i'm an idiots, you wont get a notice. if you click on the forums and scroll to the bottom you'll see the houston toros along with the team(s) you're currently on. the toros was our first team and kinda the hub for texanstalk.

I saw your player build discussion, mind if i see what y'all say about that and give pointers? or is that for veterans? (I scroll to see if you have a rookie one) because y'all are deep into it

Has anyone figured out how to get a level 40 or so corner on your team without giving away your first born and your right testicle?

My team:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=4433

I had the luck of hooking up with another Texans fan who had several players that were close to my players level, otherwise my team would suck. Between the two of us we make up over half the starters.

sorry bud, a bigtime cornerback is going to cost your first born, right testicle, and an oath of obediance for 5 years. seriously, getting bigtime cornerbacks is near impossible so i just make my own lol. well built anything defensively at 40+ in free agency is pretty rare actually. at 7-0 you seem to be doing pretty well though!

I have 200 flex points left, would it be wise to spend it on a boost or save it and later when I get accustomed to the game, create another player?

Wolf, don't spend anymore of your skill points or boost yet. Just keep reading and learning in our forum, will help guide you through it. Saving all of your skill points is known as slow building, it's a tatic used to maximize your training to the fullest. Currently a bunch of us are slow building our guys for a couple of seasons, later on we will on get on the same team that one of our current members is in the queue to purchase. At some point we will spend all of our points (when in makes sense) and the players will be more advanced/stronger/better than others doing the traditional builds. So my advice for now, just keep saving your points, don't spend them. At the end of the current season you can boost 3 times, but shouldn't spend those points either.

Strength:
Blocking:
Speed:
Tackling:
Agility:
Throwing:
Jumping:
Catching:
Stamina:
Carrying:
Vision:
Kicking:
Confidence:
Punting:

ok he is a level 7 and has all special abilities already in place

and he is a level 6

Strength:
Blocking:
Speed:
Tackling:
Agility:
Throwing:
Jumping:
Catching:
Stamina:
Carrying:
Vision:
Kicking:
Confidence:
Punting:
he is level 6 and with the first three special ablities on pass rusher and containment only

DE on both.. I know I need to retire one of them and start over, but not sure which one

Strength:
Blocking:
Speed:
Tackling:
Agility:
Throwing:
Jumping:
Catching:
Stamina:
Carrying:
Vision:
Kicking:
Confidence:
Punting:
he is level 6 and with the first three special ablities on pass rusher and containment only

DE on both.. I know I need to retire one of them and start over, but not sure which one

retired the first one and kept this one.
.I am still hazy on how to build a player up for the long haul

retired the first one and kept this one.
.I am still hazy on how to build a player up for the long haul

Come post in our thread on the team forum, we will give you lots of advice, there is a lot of different ways you can do it. It's pretty detailed and a lot to sink in at first but once you get the hang of it you willl be off and running.

Wolf, whatever position you choose, there are going to be three or four attributes that you have no business training. You only get a certain number of attribute points at generation, spread among the different attributes. Re-roll at the very beginning until you get all of those worthless attributes to be 8. For instance, a DE has no business worrying about throwing, kicking, or punting. So when you create the player, you want all three of those to be at 8. Whatever the spread is on the other attributes is fine, since they'll need to be raised somewhat anyway.

what is "slow build"? Is that where I just keep saving training points up? or wait to use my level up attributes?

what is "slow build"? Is that where I just keep saving training points up? or wait to use my level up attributes?

The "best" way to slow build is to save your SPs and train the attribute you want to increase until that attribute + your SPs = 48, 60, or 68, depending on how far you want to go.

You have access to the Toros forum right? Post a thread in there and we can help create a build plan for you players

I have a player named "battle red" but my log in is Texanwolf1

but I don't have toro on that link for a forum

I have a player named "battle red" but my log in is Texanwolf1

but I don't have toro on that link for a forum

I believe you already have been sent one once before, you just need to check forum invites it's a tab at the top after you click on forums. I have the ability to grant access, I will go check it out and let you know.

I believe you already have been sent one once before, you just need to check forum invites it's a tab at the top after you click on forums. I have the ability to grant access, I will go check it out and let you know.

I ended up creating another account

I have one for Texanwolf and also one for Texanwolf1 now.. the Texanwolf1 is a brand new level one guy

I ended up erasing one of my players from my original account, he wasn't doing squat and I didn't know what I was doing

I ended up creating another account

I have one for Texanwolf and also one for Texanwolf1 now.. the Texanwolf1 is a brand new level one guy

I ended up erasing one of my players from my original account, he wasn't doing squat and I didn't know what I was doing

Okay, well if you still have Texanwolf, I see that you have access, you may not have accepted it but it's there for that username. Did you get rid of that account?

I can send you Texanwolf1 an invite if you want.

I posted on the forum, the two guys that I have

thanks for the invite and maybe I am over thinking two much on the game

Hell Yeah! I'm definitely glad to be a part of it. This is the first championship team I've been a part of on GLB.
Here's to hoping that the team I own can win their championship tomorrow.

Good luch Michael, I know we have been sending players your way and vice versa, hope you guys win the big one.

This my first Gold trophy as well so I am really pumped.....we have worked so hard for 8 seasons to get it.

Good luch Michael, I know we have been sending players your way and vice versa, hope you guys win the big one.

This my first Gold trophy as well so I am really pumped.....we have worked so hard for 8 seasons to get it.

Thanks for the well wishes. My team won their game, so I was part of two championships in two days!

Back