Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The Actual and Real 2017 Texans Talk Mock Draft Extravaganza

Ya'll really impatient this year. Should make every pick a group pick with min of 5 votes

With the 11th pick in the TT Mock Draft, the New Orleans Saints select LB Rueben Foster, Alabama

upload_2017-3-28_0-1-27.png

This position is one of New Orleans’ greatest needs and Foster is a playmaker who can provide some instant impact for a team that is desperate for playmakers. The Saints need a DE as well, but could not pass on Foster.

The final pick last night was made outside of the required clock so @HouSportsWriter did not go on the clock until 7:00 this morning. He has until 9:00 AM to make his second pick for Cleveland.

Ya'll really impatient this year. Should make every pick a group pick with min of 5 votes

Participation is way down from past years. Five votes wouldn't be difficult at the beginning but would be extremely hard to come by as we move along.

With the 11th pick in the TT Mock Draft, the New Orleans Saints select LB Rueben Foster, Alabama

View attachment 1421

This position is one of New Orleans’ greatest needs and Foster is a playmaker who can provide some instant impact for a team that is desperate for playmakers. The Saints need a DE as well, but could not pass on Foster.
This is a really good pick for NO.

View attachment 1421

Love his pick

The Saints just found the leader of their defense.

Kuechly

Next yr we need to have 16 regulars take 2 teams and do a mock draft. It will go much quicker and we wont have to deal with BS like this.

I like the cards getting OJ Howard, Mike Williams, or Corey Davis here.

One last big time weapon for Palmer, and they can still look for a groomable replacement at QB later. And that QB will have an awesome target to hit the ground running with.

I like the cards getting OJ Howard, Mike Williams, or Corey Davis here.

One last big time weapon for Palmer, and they can still look for a groomable replacement at QB later. And that QB will have an awesome target to hit the ground running with.

Love Howard for the Cards.

They also need to replace Campbell/and need a CB.

The Cards also need a qb of the future... but do they look for one here?

thoughts?

I could see Cleveland trading Brock to Arizona and Jackson picking up another high pick all courtesy of the Texans and Bill O'Brian inability to coach or evaluate this guy. It's like selling a stock with good potential but in a downtrend but you need the money so you sell it. Then you know what usually happens? It forms a bottom, rebounds and reverses trend making decision to sell an even bigger mistake.

I could see Cleveland trading Brock to Arizona and Jackson picking up another high pick all courtesy of the Texans and Bill O'Brian inability to coach or evaluate this guy. It's like selling a stock with good potential but in a downtrend but you need the money so you sell it. Then you know what usually happens? It forms a bottom, rebounds and reverses trend making decision to sell an even bigger mistake.

So what do you think they should do in this mock then?

you all almost talked me into O.J. Howard, but I'm going to stick with my original thought and find a future replacement for Fitz.

Mike Williams WR Clemson
9801068-mike-williams-marlon-humphrey-ncaa-football-cfp-national-championship-clemson-vs-alabama-850x560.jpg

you all almost talked me into O.J. Howard, but I'm going to stick with my original thought and find a future replacement for Fitz.

Mike Williams WR Clemson
9801068-mike-williams-marlon-humphrey-ncaa-football-cfp-national-championship-clemson-vs-alabama-850x560.jpg

Really, really like Mike Williams. Makes sense with Fitzy near end of career. Having said that, Howard is a huge upgrade & good pairing with Gresham.

Everybody is expecting the Eagles to select a DB here but Eagles are changing defensive schemes to a 4-3 and desperately need a pure, young, pass rusher. Luckily the best prospect who's natural position fits it still available. This helps take pressure off back end and less exposure to secondary,

Eagles select w/14th overall pick - Derek Barnett, DE, 6-3 259, Tennessee
9611033-derek-barnett-ncaa-football-tennessee-texas-a-m.jpg

takkarist-mckinley-of-the-ucla-bruins-tackles-khalil-tate-of-the-picture-id611927968

Was thinking of going RB with Barnett gone, but the Colts sorely need an edge rusher, so although it somewhat of a reach with the injury concerns considered, McKinley is the best edge on the board. Explosive and long armed but raw McKinley step in to fill their biggest need.

Per NFL.com

OVERVIEW

McKinley signed with Cal coming out of high school, but failed to qualify academically. He went to Contra Costa College in 2013, winning all-league recognition with 18 tackles for loss and 10 sacks. He transferred to UCLA the following year, once his grades were settled. McKinley played in 10 games, starting one, that season (six tackles, 3.5 for loss, 2.5 sacks). He started 12 games as a junior, really beginning to show promise as a pass rusher (7.5 tackles, 4.5 sacks, four pass breakups, two forced fumbles). "Tak" stepped out in his senior year, receiving first-team All-Pac-12 notice with 18 tackles for loss, 10 sacks, and six pass breakups.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Relentless worker bee on the field. Refuses to give offensive tackles a snap to catch their breath. Not a content player and is always charging towards the ball. Plus closing burst to sideline enables contain. Makes as many effort plays as anyone in the Pac 12. Unusually adept at bouncing off of blocks and maintaining play focus. Good stop/start change of direction talent. Long strides eat up ground in space. Scouts expect a strong forty time at combine. Combines speed with long arms for increased tackle radius. Became a playmaker. Saw 36 percent of his tackles come within two yards or less of line of scrimmage while sack total spiked considerably. Spins out of wash down blocks to work back towards the play. Consistently stuffs cut attempts. Raw, but pass rush flashes some speed to power. Pass rush counters fueled by lateral agility and effort.
WEAKNESSES
Hand skill and overall usage is completely uncultivated and impedes pass rush potential. Lacks slaps, swipes and a serviceable rip move to grease the edge as a rusher. Punch has very little force. Needs to get hands and feet need in unison. Long arms are irrelevant at times due to slow punch. Lacks bend around the edge. Upright pass rush allows tackles to flatten him up and over the rush arc with just an average punch. Movements are a little bit stiff. Redirected too easily. Needs to continue to add play strength. Success predicated on effort over rush talent and functional power. Needs to combine all three elements to his game.
SOURCES TELL US
"He was my sleeper headed into the season, but that went out the window with the season he had this year. I think he's a second rounder who needs time but he'll probably get overdrafted. He's going to be a productive pro." - AFC area scout
NFL COMPARISON
Tamba Hali
BOTTOM LINE
Ascending edge prospect who racked up impressive TFL and sack numbers this year despite a relatively raw approach and skill set. He's a little stiff in his lower body, but flashes good athleticism once the ball is snapped. McKinley's motor is a translatable characteristic, but improved hand usage and pass rush mechanics are what could elevate his game to another level as a starting, 3-4 outside linebacker.

Corey Davis - WR - 6'3" - 209 - West Mich

Ravens lost Steve Smith, lost Kamar Aiken, and are now solely reliant on Mike Wallace and a bust named Breshad at the WR position. Last time Flacco had a legit WR he was Super Bowl MVP, and no, I don't believe old Steve Smith was the same level as Anquan.

It's time for the Ravens to get that receiving core that teams can fear if they truly want to be this pass heavy attack team they've been talking of becoming this offseason. Along with being a legit field presence I believe CD can become that end zone Dancer Flacco has been missing for years too. This guy dominated the red / end zone in college, and in 2016 and 2015, the Ravens could really have used some help with Red Zone passing TDs.

corey-davis-abde7516ae4463fa.jpg

Can't do a write up now, but with the 17th pick Washington selects Dalvin Cook- RB, Florida State.

Edit:

LFWNAPWWIRQHIYR.20151117205505.jpg

Cook is a home run hitter than shows up big in the big games. Dalvin is capable of helping in the passing game, as well. Cook brings a new element of attack to the Skins and could make a good offense great. Reminds me of former Skins star RB Clinton Portis.

Last edited:
Corey Davis - WR - 6'3" - 209 - West Mich

Ravens lost Steve Smith, lost Kamar Aiken, and are now solely reliant on Mike Wallace and a bust named Breshad at the WR position. Last time Flacco had a legit WR he was Super Bowl MVP, and no, I don't believe old Steve Smith was the same level as Anquan.

It's time for the Ravens to get that receiving core that teams can fear if they truly want to be this pass heavy attack team they've been talking of becoming this offseason. Along with being a legit field presence I believe CD can become that end zone Dancer Flacco has been missing for years too. This guy dominated the red / end zone in college, and in 2016 and 2015, the Ravens could really have used some help with Red Zone passing TDs.

corey-davis-abde7516ae4463fa.jpg

Excellent pick. I think Davis is the best WR in the draft. I understand the love for Williams but I think Davis will hit the ground running in the NFL.

Can someone update the selections so I can see where we are?
Cleveland Browns Myles Garrett
San Francisco 49ers Solomon Thomas
Chicago Bears Jonathan Allen
Jacksonville Jaguars Leonard Fournette
Tennessee Titans Jamal Adams
New York Jets Malik Hooker
Los Angeles Chargers Marshon Lattimore
Carolina Panthers Taco Charlton
Cincinnati Bengals Cam Robinson
Buffalo Bills Haason Reddick
New Orleans Saints Reuben Foster
Cleveland Browns Mitch Trubisky
Arizona Cardinals Mike Williams
Philadelphia Eagles Derek Barnett
Indianapolis Colts Takkarist McKinley
Baltimore Ravens Corey Davis
Washington Redskins Dalvin Cook

1.1 Cleveland Browns - Myles Garrett - DE, Texas A&M
1.2 San Francisco 49ers - Solomon Thomas - DE, Stanford
1.3 Chicago Bears - Jonathan Allen - DE, Alabama
1.4 Jacksonville Jaguars - Leonard Fournette - RB, LSU
1.5 Tennessee Titans - Jamal Adams - S, LSU
1.6 New York Jets - Malik Hooker - S, Ohio State
1.7 Los Angeles Chargers - Marshon Lattimore - CB, Ohio State
1.8 Carolina Panthers - Taco Charlton - DE, Michigan
1.9 Cincinnati Bengals - Cam Robinson - OT, Alabama
1.10 Buffalo Bills - Haason Reddick - LB, Temple
1.11 New Orleans Saints - Reuben Foster - LB, Alabama
1.12 Cleveland Browns - Mitch Trubisky - QB, North Carolina
1.13 Arizona Cardinals - Mike Williams - WR, Clemson
1.14 Philadelphia Eagles - Derek Barnett - DE, Tennessee
1.15 Indianapolis Colts - Takkarist McKinley - DE/OLB, UCLA
1.16 Baltimore Ravens - Corey Davis - WR, Western Michigan
1.17 Washington Redskins - Dalvin Cook - RB, Florida State
1.18 Tennessee Titans - John Ross - WR, Washington

Bucs have gone over the clock. I nominate O.J. Howard here. They have a good TE in Cameron Brate but Howard would give Winston an elite target to pair with Mike Evans.

Back