Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The Actual and Real 2017 Texans Talk Mock Draft Extravaganza

This thing is going to be very bumpy unless we get organized. We've had guys like Dutchrudder carry it in the past and I've carried a heavy load the last couple years but just don't have the time or motivation to do it again this year. I will do it this once though to get things on track.

1 (1) Cleveland - Myles Garrett - DE, Texas A&M
1 (2) San Francisco - Solomon Thomas - DE, Stanford
1 (3) Chicago - Jonathan Allen - DL, Alabama
1 (4) Jacksonville - @tomjn80 [On the Clock: 10am - 12pm]
1 (5) Tennessee - @mussop
1 (6) NY Jets - @kiwitexansfan
1 (7) LA Chargers - @htownfan32
1 (8) Carolina - @Texan4Ever
1 (9) Cincinnati - @mussop
1 (10) Buffalo - @bah007
1 (11) New Orleans - @austins23
1 (12) Cleveland - @HouSportsWriter
1 (13) Arizona - @Shishkabob
1 (14) Philadelphia - @beerlover
1 (15) Indianapolis - @jradMIT
1 (16) Baltimore - @TexansFTW
1 (17) Washington - @Lucky
1 (18) Tennessee - @mussop
1 (19) Tampa Bay - @steelbtexan
1 (20) Denver - @infantrycak
1 (21) Detroit - @thunderkyss
1 (22) Miami - @htownfan32
1 (23) NY Giants - @Porky
1 (24) Oakland - @ung14
1 (25) Houston - [Group Pick]
1 (26) Seattle - @TexansSeminole
1 (27) Kansas City - @WolverineFan
1 (28) Dallas - @Texansphan
1 (29) Green Bay - @gs27
1 (30) Pittsburgh - @WolverineFan
1 (31) Atlanta - @bah007
1 (32) New Orleans - @austins23

No 1st Round Pick:
LA Rams - @steelbtexan
- First Pick: 2 (37)
Minnesota - @Max
- First Pick: 2 (48)
New England - @xtruroyaltyx
- First Pick: 3 (72)

Also, Chicago missed their first pick. @jradMIT expressed interest in the Bears during signup if you guys want to approach him about taking over for @banned1976.

It's a 2-hour clock for the 1st round and a 4-hour clock for all following rounds. If you see your team is likely to pick that day then PM your picks to @steelbtexan or @infantrycak.

You can use me (@WolverineFan) or @bah007 as last resorts but I would PM the other 2 first.

This thing is going to be very bumpy unless we get organized. We've had guys like Dutchrudder carry it in the past and I've carried a heavy load the last couple years but just don't have the time or motivation to do it again this year. I will do it this once though to get things on track.

1 (1) Cleveland - Myles Garrett - DE, Texas A&M
1 (2) San Francisco - Solomon Thomas - DE, Stanford
1 (3) Chicago - Jonathan Allen - DL, Alabama
1 (4) Jacksonville - @tomjn80 [On the Clock: 10am - 12pm]
1 (5) Tennessee - @mussop
1 (6) NY Jets - @kiwitexansfan
1 (7) LA Chargers - @htownfan32
1 (8) Carolina - @Texan4Ever
1 (9) Cincinnati - @mussop
1 (10) Buffalo - @bah007
1 (11) New Orleans - @austins23
1 (12) Cleveland - @HouSportsWriter
1 (13) Arizona - @Shishkabob
1 (14) Philadelphia - @beerlover
1 (15) Indianapolis - @jradMIT
1 (16) Baltimore - @TexansFTW
1 (17) Washington - @Lucky
1 (18) Tennessee - @mussop
1 (19) Tampa Bay - @steelbtexan
1 (20) Denver - @infantrycak
1 (21) Detroit - @thunderkyss
1 (22) Miami - @htownfan32
1 (23) NY Giants - @Porky
1 (24) Oakland - @ung14
1 (25) Houston - [Group Pick]
1 (26) Seattle - @TexansSeminole
1 (27) Kansas City - @WolverineFan
1 (28) Dallas - @Texansphan
1 (29) Green Bay - @gs27
1 (30) Pittsburgh - @WolverineFan
1 (31) Atlanta - @bah007
1 (32) New Orleans - @austins23

No 1st Round Pick:
LA Rams - @steelbtexan
- First Pick: 2 (37)
Minnesota - @Max
- First Pick: 2 (48)
New England - @xtruroyaltyx
- First Pick: 3 (72)

Also, Chicago missed their first pick. @jradMIT expressed interest in the Bears during signup if you guys want to approach him about taking over for @banned1976.

It's a 2-hour clock for the 1st round and a 4-hour clock for all following rounds. If you see your team is likely to pick that day then PM your picks to @steelbtexan or @infantrycak.

You can use me (@WolverineFan) or @bah007 as last resorts but I would PM the other 2 first.

Thanks

I'm going to be out of the office for a few hrs but will be checking in periodically by phone.

BTW, I got I PM from Dutch and he really wanted to participate but said he just didn't have the time.

Per Dutch # Go Browns

We don't, Would you like to define one. 4-5 votes should be good since there are only about 25 people participating in the mock draft.

No, that's simply too much IMO. Consensus should be made when 2 people can agree IMO. It may take 2 hours to get even 3 people commenting, then what if 2 go in 1 direction and the 3rd goes in another. That's 2 hours and only 2 votes.

4-5 votes isn't really attainable unless no one wants to argue or give their viewpoints, but wants to just instead move it along.

Just my thoughts though, yall do what you feel is best.

Speaking of which, do we have a definition of consensus? Is that 4 approvals, 3? 6?

I think last year if a second or third player was nominated then majority vote won out. Towards the end it was easier to just ok the pick and move on. I remember some debate on picks...may have been our pick tho.

Just FYI, I see that I am clearly tagged in Wolverine's post but I did not get an alert. Last year that was an efficient system for letting people know that they were coming up.

PMs may be better if that's happening to more than just me. I sent @tomjn80 a PM just to be safe.

I've inserted @jradMIT as Chicago's GM in the results thread.

P.S. great pick, jradMIT.

Are the Jags really going to use Calais Campbell as a DE? What are yall's opinions on that? Would it be weird to move him to DT and look at someone like Barnett for the edge?

The guy with the 4th pick is about to go overtime. Not a good sign.

714.gif

Reactions: JB
Are the Jags really going to use Calais Campbell as a DE? What are yall's opinions on that? Would it be weird to move him to DT and look at someone like Barnett for the edge?
They've gotta get someone to help Bortles. Or replace Bortles. Or something. How are they set at punter?

Looks like they are going to keep Bradley's system on defense. The new staff retained the DC. In that system, the DE spot that Campbell plays is more like a 5 tech than anything else so he fits there. The front seven is actually quite nice.

Ngakoue and Fowler will be the edge rushers with Sheldon Day coming from the inside. They could stand to add a pass rusher but not this high, IMO.

The clock runs out at 12:05 based on when steelb made the previous pick official.

I'm torn here. I like two guys for Jacksonville.

They obviously need to do something at QB. I'm not sure they take one this high. I don't see one worth the investment.

But I do think they could help their offense tremendously with Fournette. They invested a high pick with Yeldon and threw big time money at Ivory last year but they aren't happy with either. They are solid at WR. Take Fournette and give Bortles a top tier back, or at the very least the next guy will have him.

Or you can go with Hooker. It's high for a S, but he fits the Earl Thomas mold perfectly for this system.

I think either of those picks would benefit them.

The Jags are feeling pressure to win now. Fournette is the guy that take pressure off the QB, the Oline, and the defense. He makes the most sense. I hope the Jags pass on him in the actual draft.

I hope they take fournette, he's got under achiever and injuries written all over him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they take fournette, he's got under achiever and injuries written all over him

I get the injury concerns. But how is Fournette more of an underachiever than OJ Howard?

For more need it's OJ Howard for BPA it's Jamal Adams

I thought about Howard but I just don't know if you take a TE #4 overall and they did just sign Mychal Rivera as a FA. Adams is my 1b for this pick with Fournette being 1a. Reason I lean toward Fournette is because Jags signed Barry Church in FA but you could make a case for both Fournette and Adams.

I get the injury concerns. But how is Fournette more of an underachiever than OJ Howard?

I am sorry i didn't mean he's been an under achiever, I think his game won't translate to the NFL, his attributes are big and fast, and he's going to a place where every body is big and fast, he's not elusive enough to live up to his billing and hype IMHO, you have to make guys miss some in the NFL or you won't be as productive and will be banged up.

I'm down with fournette with the pick though, it's very JAG like to have some decent backs, and grab a guy who will be oft injured at a position that lasts about 6 seasons

Let's make it official then.

The Jags take Leonard Fournette - RB, LSU.

As of 12:25 @mussop is on the clock for Tennessee. He has until 2:25.

Reactions: Max
2/4 picks have been group selected?

Not to mention that the #1 pick was made last night and the #2 pick was made before the clock even started today.

So we've been on the clock for 5 1/2 hours today and no individual picks have been made. Off to a good start..

Do we have to give the Titans a pick? If so, they def need WR, LB/Edge...hell anything on defense would be an improvement.

Did mussop send his picks to anyone?

I assume he sent them to steelb or infantrycak as instructed. To be honest I don't even know if icak volunteered for such duty. Hope he did.

Anyway if we can't figure it out I nominate Reuben Foster for the pick.

Back