Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The Actual and Real 2017 Texans Talk Mock Draft Extravaganza

I assume he sent them to steelb or infantrycak as instructed. To be honest I don't even know if icak volunteered for such duty. Hope he did.

Anyway if we can't figure it out I nominate Reuben Foster for the pick.
That sucks, because I know he was trying to send them to someone.

I assume he sent them to steelb or infantrycak as instructed. To be honest I don't even know if icak volunteered for such duty. Hope he did.

Anyway if we can't figure it out I nominate Reuben Foster for the pick.

No he didn't send me his picks.

Cak said he would help out.

Foster is the highest rated player on my board. Followed be Lattimore/Howard. Any of those guys would be great picks.

Hopefully Mussop makes it in before time.

Mussop didn't sent it to steelb, so I guess the group makes the pick.

I know he loves Taco Charlton, so I vote for Taco.

With the 6th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...

Malik Hooker, Safety, Ohio State.

He's the ultimate lurker. His instincts are always bringing him to the football and when he gets there he has the ball skills to take it away. His lack of game experience and issues with tackle consistency will likely show themselves early in his career, but his ability to flip the field is worthy of an aggressive projection. He has the talent to be a high-impact starter for years in the NFL.

"Hook(er) is still so raw and you see him making all of those plays. He's a player who will come in and look bad his first year and then be an all-pro by his third year. I think that's his arc. No short-cut for experience." -- Personnel director for AFC team

Last edited:
(1) Cleveland - Myles Garrett (DE, Texas A&M)
(2) San Francisco - Solomon Thomas (DE, Stanford)
(3) Chicago - Jonathan Allen (DL, Alabama)
(4) Jacksonville - Leonard Fournette (RB, LSU)
(5) Tennessee - Jamal Adams (S, LSU)
(6) NY Jets - Malik Hooker (S, Ohio State)
(7) LA Chargers - @htownfan32 [3:30pm - 5:30pm]
(8) Carolina - Texan4Ever
(9) Cincinnati - mussop
(10) Buffalo - bah007

Last edited:
2 safeties in the top 6, does that say something about the talent of this class or the evolution of the NFL as a passing league?

I liked Hooker for the Jets because they have been investing in FA in the corners and they need some back end playmaking to compliment a solid line.

I also believe that with Hooker coming on board it may cover over some of Calvin Pryor's inadequacies and actually help Pryor live up to his potential.

Hooker is a year or two away from amazing, but with the Jets seemingly looking to let Hackenberg or Petty grow into the QB of the future, they are a yaer or two at least from really pushing to be competitive.

Actually it was those two and Marshon Lattimore but this is such a deep draft for CB that I figure I can get one later.

Lattimore's hamstrings concern me.

I preferred the FS type more than the box safety type. I think Adams will be good, but I'd hope that with Hooker's help Pryor might become 80% of what Adams could be.

Clock expired for @htownfan32 about 30 minutes ago. Any ideas for the Chargers? I'm thinking top DB on the board. For most people that would be Lattimore?

He was around this morning. Did he PM picks to anybody?

Clock expired for @htownfan32 about 30 minutes ago. Any ideas for the Chargers? I'm thinking top DB on the board. For most people that would be Lattimore?

I like Foster/Bolles/Barnett/Reddick/Watt for the Chargers.

Lattimore's hamstrings concern me.

I preferred the FS type more than the box safety type. I think Adams will be good, but I'd hope that with Hooker's help Pryor might become 80% of what Adams could be.
I think people are confused about Adams coverage ability. For some reason because he's so good "in the box" they assume he's not good in coverage. That's not the case at all. He's as complete a safety as I've ever seen in any draft.

I'm ok with either Lattimore, Cam Robinson, or Mike Williams (Clemson, WR). Chargers can use WR and OL help.

I'd say Lattimore. I think ideally they want one of the top safeties but they're both off the board. They have zero depth at CB though and get the pick of the litter here.

They could also use a WR so Mike Williams makes sense. Personally think Lattimore is a better prospect but just depends on preference of beefing up O or D.

The reason I went with Foster/Barnett/Reddick/Watt is with Bosa/Ingram make the defense really lethal.

If the Chargers were locked in on Adams or Hooker, I don't think it's too early to consider Peppers. Some believe he's as good or better than those guys.

If his hip checked out, I think the Chargers would actually go with Ramcyzk. But Peppers is my pick here.

Chargers need a WR to stretch field and return kicks. John Ross would be high on their list IMO.

With the 8th pick in the TT Mock Draft the Carolina Panthers select Taco Charlton DE Michigan.

Per PM from Texans4Ever

Mussop and the Cincinnati Bengals are on the clock.

Buffalo selects:

Haason Reddick - LB, Temple
u
@austins23 is on the clock for New Orleans until 8:45 AM.

Foster and this guy are my 2 favorite LB's in this draft. It appears as though the Saints will be getting one of them if this mock goes true to form and I can see things falling this way in the real draft.

Put Foster and fix the Saints secondary and the Saints could be dangerous next yr. They need edge guys too and the draft sets up well to build a nice young fast defense.

BTW, Reddick is a great start at rebuilding their defense. I picture Reddick in the Thomas Davis role in McDermott's defense.

Last edited:
With the 6th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...

Malik Hooker, Safety, Ohio State.

He's the ultimate lurker. His instincts are always bringing him to the football and when he gets there he has the ball skills to take it away. His lack of game experience and issues with tackle consistency will likely show themselves early in his career, but his ability to flip the field is worthy of an aggressive projection. He has the talent to be a high-impact starter for years in the NFL.

"Hook(er) is still so raw and you see him making all of those plays. He's a player who will come in and look bad his first year and then be an all-pro by his third year. I think that's his arc. No short-cut for experience." -- Personnel director for AFC team

He's easily my favorite DB this draft. I think he can be special.

Undersized edge guy similar to Dee Ford. Unlike Ford though he comes into the NFL with experience dropping into coverage and playing in space. Can play OLB and drop or rush the passer. Had a play against Notre Dame last year where he ran a WR down on a screen when the WR had like a 10 yard head start.

A guy who can rush the passer from the edge like Dee Ford, is a good blitzer and can cover is invaluable. Been thru tough times, was a walk on and appears to love football. Yep, give me that guy.

I'm surprised he went this high, but there's a good chance he goes this high in the real draft. The lowest I see him going is Pittsburgh.

Last edited:
Bengals select Cam Robinson OT/OG

I'm super disappointed in this pic. I really wanted Taco Charlton. Was really surprised when he got picked. Really should of went WR. Thought about it hard. Decided the loss of two starters, whitworth and zeigler is just too much to overcome without going OL in the first. At worst Robinson ends up inside and replaces zeitler. There's a decent chance he replaces whitworth at RT. If they don't get at least one starter on the OL early in this draft they're going to struggle.

I like Bolles more but his age just makes this too early for me. I like ramzic more also but for some reason Robinson just seemed the better fit so I went with him. Mainly for the reasons stated above.

If I had to do it all over I'm not sure I would do it. I have a feeling this is how the Texans will feel after the first pick.

Bengals select Cam Robinson OT/OG

I'm super disappointed in this pic. I really wanted Taco Charlton. Was really surprised when he got picked. Really should of went WR. Thought about it hard. Decided the loss of two starters, whitworth and zeigler is just too much to overcome without going OL in the first. At worst Robinson ends up inside and replaces zeitler. There's a decent chance he replaces whitworth at RT. If they don't get at least one starter on the OL early in this draft they're going to struggle.

I like Bolles more but his age just makes this too early for me. I like ramzic more also but for some reason Robinson just seemed the better fit so I went with him. Mainly for the reasons stated above.

If I had to do it all over I'm not sure I would do it. I have a feeling this is how the Texans will feel after the first pick.

I can see this Robinson is the most day 1 ready starter in this draft.

BTW, what you got in mind for the Tacks next pick? LOL

Back