Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Actual and Real 2017 Texans Talk Mock Draft Extravaganza

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
It's that time of year again, I don't want to moderate the draft but thought I would start a sign up thread. I was thinking we could start the mock draft on Monday March 27th. There may not be 32 people willing to draft. If you're willing to take two teams lets us know which teams you want. first come first serve. Good luck and great drafting.

1. Cleveland Browns- Houston Sports Writer
2. San Francisco 49ers- Lucky
3. Chicago Bears- jradMIT
4. Jacksonville Jaguars- tomjn80
5. Los Angeles Rams- Steel B Texan
6. New York Jets- Kiwitexansfan
7. Los Angeles Chargers
8. Carolina Panthers- Texan 4 Ever
9. Cincinnati Bengals- mussop
10. Buffalo Bills
11. New Orleans Saints- austins23
12. Philadelphia Eagles- beerlover
13. Arizona Cardinals
14. Indianapolis Colts- jradMIT
15. Minnesota Vikings- Max
16. Baltimore Ravens
17. Washington Redskins
18. Tennessee Titans- Texian
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
20. Denver Broncos- infantrcak
21. Detroit Lions
22. Miami Dolphins
23. New York Giants
24. Oakland Raiders- ung 14
25. Houston Texans- Group pick
26. Seattle Seahawks- TexansSeminole
27. Kansas City Chiefs- Wolverine Fan
28. Dallas Cowboys- Texansphan
29. Green Bay Packers.
30. Pittsburgh Steelers- Wolverine Fan
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New England Patriots- xtruroyalty

Last edited:
It doesn't matter to me. I kinda like the group pick.

I'm just trying to get an idea of who wants to participate.

You in?

I'll participate one way or the other. Definitely like to land the Texans though to be honest. Not so much a fan thing either, I just know I'm gonna be busy around that time and already know more or less backward and forward who I'd draft for them.

Wouldn't hurt to maybe make an announcement in the main TT forum about the draft for people who only occasionally stroll through here but might be interested if they catch wind of it.

Don't know if you'd like to do so steel or if maybe cak's reading this and could sticky a note up there.

Just a suggestion.

I don't know where the rules were posted. Would whoever posted them or who knows where they are point it out or re-post them? Thx

I don't know where the rules were posted. Would whoever posted them or who knows where they are point it out or re-post them? Thx

RULES:
NO TRADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Start: Monday morning 7AM March 27th
Teams: 32
Rounds: 7
CLOCK RULES:
Clock Only runs from 7AM-9PM

Your clock time starts when the team in front of you makes a pick. Unless it was made while the clock is not running. In that case it will start at 7AM of the following weekday morning. You may pick at nights or on weekends if your team is on the clock.

Round (1): 2 hours per pick.
Rounds (2-7): 4 hours per pick.

Night: Clock stops running at 9PM. Picks can still be made.
Morning: Clock starts running at 7AM.
Weekends: Clock stops. Picks can still be made.

Unavailable, proxy or MIA:
1.) If you miss a single pick, the rest of your teams draft will be a group pick.
2.) If you know you will be gone for awhile and might miss your pick, PM your top X players to myself or another member of this mock. They will make a proxy pick for you. JUST FREAKING DO IT!

... or something like that.

I was IN but now I'm OUT, go ahead and give mussop the Titans. This board and draft discussion was twice as active last year and this year has slowed to an occasion faucet drip. This mock has the potential to be a long agonizing event.

Last edited:
I'll take the titans.

Why are you dropping out???
This board and draft discussion was twice as active last year and this year has slowed to an occasionally dripping faucet. This mock has the potential to be a very slow long agonizing event.

I'll take Atlanta.

Won't have time to take on a second team or do any moderation. Too much going on. I won't be on a whole lot but I'll at least make sure that I can get my picks PM'd whenever Atlanta is coming up.

Unfortunately, like Texian, I fear that whoever ends up moderating this thing is in for a long ride. WolverineFan has really kept the last few rounds moving the last two years. This forum does seem less active than usual and I could see this thing dying after the third round.

This board and draft discussion was twice as active last year and this year has slowed to an occasionally dripping faucet. This mock has the potential to be a very slow long agonizing event.

This is why I suggested group picks for each franchise. Something like a four hour window to keep things moving :bender:

I wasn't around for previous mocks, but I have a suggestion if tempo has been an issue in the past. It sounds a little complicated, but it's quite easy if you know your way around excel a little bit. I've got a spreadsheet with prospect rankings 1-344 that can be sorted by position (taken from cbssports, but I believe there's other sources for this info if this isn't satisfactory). Prior to the draft beginning, each person submits their team's needs list prioritized in order. If the person misses their pick -- go to the spreadsheet and select the top ranked player for the position that hasn't been filled from their priority list and that is their selection. It retains the integrity of individual team needs being represented because the representative for that team submitted their needs list. And if there's concern that it would throw off the draft -- maybe start using the spreadsheet in the later rounds (5-7) or whatever is pre-decided. I really don't know the process used in the past, but what I've suggested should take very little time.

The downside is someone has to keep the spreadsheet updated and remove players as selected and if that person becomes unavailable, no one is there to submit the pick (I'd be happy to volunteer, but have time concerns as others have mentioned). Uploading the spreadsheet to the forum would solve the problem but I was unable to. So maybe it's not a good idea after all, but it's a thought that maybe someone else can modify into something that works.

I'd like to participate if a team is available. I've done this in the past but missed last year. I'll take any team that's open and, time permitting can help assist the admin with reaching out to people and getting the process moving along.

I'd like to participate if a team is available. I've done this in the past but missed last year. I'll take any team that's open and, time permitting can help assist the admin with reaching out to people and getting the process moving along.

Great to have you back

How about the Panthers?

If it makes it easier for people...

Filled Teams:
Arizona - Shishkabob
Atlanta - bah007
Baltimore - TexansFTW
Carolina - Texan4Ever
Chicago - banned1976
Cincinnati - mussop
Cleveland - HoustonSportsWriter
Dallas - Texansphan