Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The Actual and Real 2017 Texans Talk Mock Draft Extravaganza

Dang... I see I just missed out on the Cardinals, oh well. I will draft for Ravens again. I gave those jamokes a sweet draft last year, they really should have listened and maybe they'd be in the playoffs currently.

@Texian - Cmon bro, don't be like that. We need knowledgeable people in this. This is really the only true place to showcase all those players we watched coming out and telling about the things we like and dislike in prospects. I always revisit my predictions each season and I've liked my results even if I do get roasted during the actual pick, I like that stuff too.

Who cares if it crawls at points? If everyone is worried about crawling and inactivity then shorten the time for picks in rounds 2-7 from 4 hours to 3 hours. After hour 2 has passed someone nominate a player for that team and over the next hour maybe people can debate the nomination or just accept it.

I don't like the spreadsheet idea and choosing BPA though because I believe that nothings is gained from that. It's when members of this forum post their players and say why THEY like them for this team or their pro prospects do I believe knowledge is gained and interest is created. Just my opinion obviously, but I see nothing interested or knowledge gaining is choosing a name off a spreadsheet.

Everyone relax and don't worry about slight delays, let's just get after it and showcase our skills.

@Texian - Cmon bro, don't be like that. We need knowledgeable people in this. This is really the only true place to showcase all those players we watched coming out and telling about the things we like and dislike in prospects. I always revisit my predictions each season and I've liked my results even if I do get roasted during the actual pick, I like that stuff too.

Who cares if it crawls at points? If everyone is worried about crawling and inactivity then shorten the time for picks in rounds 2-7 from 4 hours to 3 hours. After hour 2 has passed someone nominate a player for that team and over the next hour maybe people can debate the nomination or just accept it.

I don't like the spreadsheet idea and choosing BPA though because I believe that nothings is gained from that. It's when members of this forum post their players and say why THEY like them for this team or their pro prospects do I believe knowledge is gained and interest is created. Just my opinion obviously, but I see nothing interested or knowledge gaining is choosing a name off a spreadsheet.

Everyone relax and don't worry about slight delays, let's just get after it and showcase our skills.

SteelB also asked me to reconsider and I did. I will be traveling most of April and for the most part will be off the grid, no Internet access and most likely will miss most of my picks. And so for those reasons that is why it is best for me to pass.

This is exactly how I feel.

I learn a lot and it interests me in seeing how I compare players to others on the on the boards and how they compare players.

Glad you are doing this and I'm really looking forward this yrs draft

Thanks

Updated List. Does anyone want a 2nd team?

Filled Teams:
Arizona - Shishkabob
Atlanta - bah007
Baltimore - TexansFTW
Buffalo - bah007
Carolina - Texan4Ever
Chicago - banned1976
Cincinnati - mussop
Cleveland - HoustonSportsWriter
Dallas - Texansphan
Denver - infantrycak
Detroit- Thunderkyss
Green Bay - gs27
Houston - [Group Pick]
Indianapolis - jradMIT
Jacksonville - tomjn80
Kansas City - WolverineFan
LA Chargers - htownfan32
LA Rams - steelbtexan
Miami - htownfan32
Minnesota - Max
New England - xtruroyaltyx
New Orleans - austins23
NY Jets - kiwitexansfan
Oakland - ung14
Philadelphia - beerlover
Pittsburgh - WolverineFan
San Francisco - Lucky
Seattle - TexansSeminole
Tampa Bay - steelbtexan
Tennessee - mussop
Washington- Lucky

Unfilled Teams:

NY Giants

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like we're filled then although Lucky has said Washington is up for grabs if someone wants them.

Arizona - Shishkabob
Atlanta - bah007
Baltimore - TexansFTW
Buffalo - bah007
Carolina - Texan4Ever
Chicago - banned1976
Cincinnati - mussop
Cleveland - HouSportsWriter
Dallas - Texansphan
Denver - infantrycak
Detroit- Thunderkyss
Green Bay - gs27
Houston - [Group Pick]
Indianapolis - jradMIT
Jacksonville - tomjn80
Kansas City - WolverineFan
LA Chargers - htownfan32
LA Rams - steelbtexan
Miami - htownfan32
Minnesota - Max
New England - xtruroyaltyx
New Orleans - austins23
NY Giants - Porky
NY Jets - kiwitexansfan
Oakland - ung14
Philadelphia - beerlover
Pittsburgh - WolverineFan
San Francisco - Lucky
Seattle - TexansSeminole
Tampa Bay - steelbtexan
Tennessee - mussop
Washington- Lucky

Last edited:
Is Houston Sports Writer name spelled correctly? I tried to tag him right now to tell him he can go whenever he wants, but the tag won't work for him

Is Houston Sports Writer name spelled correctly? I tried to tag him right now to tell him he can go whenever he wants, but the tag won't work for him

I edited it. I'd suggest we all discuss when to start though instead of jumping right into. With the running clock and everything we all need to be on the same page.

My vote is waiting at least until Monday to start.

What's the schedule gonna be for this?

Well I had been hoping to create discussion but nobody has chimed in. I'd say that right now we should push the start date back from Monday until we can build up more of a consensus on a schedule.

1st pick is starting at 7:00 tomorrow.

Hou SportsWriter is on the clock.

HouSportsWriter if you cant make the this pick PM me and I will make it for you.

Well I had been hoping to create discussion but nobody has chimed in. I'd say that right now we should push the start date back from Monday until we can build up more of a consensus on a schedule.

I'm pretty sure Garrett will go 1st

What do you think lil Shanny will do with pick #2?

I'm pretty sure Garrett will go 1st

What do you think lil Shanny will do with pick #2?
Shanny and the Niners will be ready. Other than Florida and Florida State pro days (on Tuesday), there's not much left to learn. Let's go for it.

So, we'll make the picks in this thread, and keep track of the picks in another thread?

Cak/Me

WF and Bah were in on PMing picks last yr. I don't know if they want to help out again this yr. Their help would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be around and if anyone sends me picks I will definitely post them or forward them.

But my schedule is not as open as it has been in past years. I'll be on between 11:00-12:30 during the week. Beyond that depends entirely on the day. I'll pop on and off but not consistently.

With the 2nd pick in the 2017 Texans Talk Mock Draft Extravaganza, San Francisco selects:

Solomon Thomas - DE - Stanford

c0d32abb-unnamed-1-1200x675.jpg

The Niners were 32nd in defense last season (also known as dead last). Thomas can't fix that by himself, but he's an outstanding building block. An every down DE that can defend the run and get to the QB from multiple positions. Thomas checks all the boxes (production, measurables, intangibles). High ceiling with a high floor. Lynch and Shanny are pleased.​

RULES:
NO TRADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Start: Monday morning 7AM March 27th
Teams: 32
Rounds: 7
CLOCK RULES:
Clock Only runs from 7AM-9PM

Your clock time starts when the team in front of you makes a pick. Unless it was made while the clock is not running. In that case it will start at 7AM of the following weekday morning. You may pick at nights or on weekends if your team is on the clock.

Round (1): 2 hours per pick.
So 3 picks in, and we're already behind? Not a good sign.

It's been two hours. I vote we give the Bears Jonathan Allen - DL, Alabama and move on. He fills a need and he's at least close to the top of BPA.

If somebody else confirms then we'll put Jacksonville on the clock.

Everyone relax, this was gonna happen, and it's gonna happen again, let's just all relax.

What's everyone's thoughts on Lattimore? Do yall think Having Hooker over the top made him look better than he was, or do you believe he can become a legit shut down CB?

I just refreshed myself w/ their offseason moves cause I haven't been following too closely and noticed they signed Prince Amukamara and Marcus Cooper. Should we consider either of those signings as a sign to move onto different positions in the draft?

Last edited:
Everyone relax, this was gonna happen, and it's gonna happen again, let's just all relax.

What's everyone's thoughts on Lattimore? Do yall think Having Hooker over the top made him look better than he was, or do you believe he can become a legit shut down CB?

I don't think anyone is panicking. But we've done this before. No doubt people miss picks sometimes and it's not a big deal. If somebody is missing pick #3 then they probably aren't going to be around.

I don't think he is a top three CB in this draft. Great athlete but Conley on his own team is better, IMO.

It's been two hours. I vote we give the Bears Jonathan Allen - DL, Alabama and move on. He fills a need and he's at least close to the top of BPA.

If somebody else confirms then we'll put Jacksonville on the clock.
I was thinking someone that could really help the Bears. Like a punter. But Allen is OK with me, too.

If it's OK since it's 10:00 o'clock I will put in the consensus pick for the Bears.

With the 3rd pick in the 2017 TT Mock Draft the Chicago Bears select Jonathan Allen DT Alabama.

If it's OK since it's 10:00 o'clock I will put in the consensus pick for the Bears.

With the 3rd pick in the 2017 TT Mock Draft the Chicago Bears select Jonathan Allen DT Alabama.

Speaking of which, do we have a definition of consensus? Is that 4 approvals, 3? 6?

Back