1. Deshaun Watson - QB, Clemson
2. Taylor Moton - OT, Western Michigan
3. Tyus Bowser - OLB, Houston
4. John Johnson, S/CB, Boston College
4. Elijah Lee - LB, Kansas State
5. D.J. Jones - DT, Mississippi
6. No Pick
7. ?

I think it behoove us to address RB. Between Hood (injury concerns) and Joe Williams? I would go with Joe. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000797588/Joe-Williams-2017-Combine-Workout

bronson-kaufusi-joe-williams-ncaa-football-las-vegas-bowl-brigham-young-vs-utah-768x585.jpg

A 2018 mock is very much up in the air after the lack of participation in 2017. I think we could figure out a way to mock the Texans draft at some point. Maybe going off a predetermined ranking list from a website and doing a nomination and poll for the players available at the Texans spot. Others could have ideas. Another 7 round mock seems a long shot, though.

Reactions: JB
A 2018 mock is very much up in the air after the lack of participation in 2017. I think we could figure out a way to mock the Texans draft at some point. Maybe going off a predetermined ranking list from a website and doing a nomination and poll for the players available at the Texans spot. Others could have ideas. Another 7 round mock seems a long shot, though.

I don't see it happening .... not much interest when they don't have early picks. Easy to get participation when they have the #1 or another early pick ....

Reactions: JB
I think we can get 16 members to take 2 teams each.

The problem last yr was you had a guy who picked #1 for the Browns and never made another pick. There was another guy (Not a regular who signed up and didn't even make a pick.

I will make a signup thread and see how it goes if y'all want me too. I only want members who participate in the draft section. You can find 16 guys there.

I want to keep the tradition going. We've been doing this for probably 10 yrs.

I think a Texans only draft would work, separate yet incorporated into a full scale traditional mock if 15 players could be found.

My work schedule won't enable me to participate, but I love reading and offering my inane comments

I haven't participated in the past but I will include my name in the hat for this draft. How will the teams be assigned?

What happens if multiple folks want certain teams....example, Texans?

1st come 1st serve.

People have always been willing to take teams that weren't their favorite teams, but took them to help keep the draft moving. For instance Kansas City doesn't have a 1st rd pick so somebody would take their favorite team as team #1 and the Chiefs as team #2.

Back