Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The Actual and Real 2017 Texans Talk Mock Draft Extravaganza

I wish I could watch more of Williams. I liked what I saw, but I also only saw two games and one was the bowl game from the year before.

Like I've said before in other threads if the Texans walked away with Rd.1 Bolles Rd.2 Williams I would be very happy. As much as I want a QB these alo have been long standing issues and these 2 guys would be immediate longterm fixes.

I keep hearing bob sanders and I guess people just forgot how good sanders was. Baker isn't even in the same stratasph IMO.

I actually don't think he compares to Bob Sanders, I don't think they play the game the same at all.

Baker is going to excel in man coverage, especially against teams that utilize their slot receiver a lot. I really want him on the Texans, but unless we take him in the first, I don't think it makes sense for us to trade up for him after our 26 pick.

I keep hearing bob sanders and I guess people just forgot how good sanders was. Baker isn't even in the same stratasph IMO.

In size and the way they play the game they are.

We don't know if Baker can play at a Sanders level in the NFL. Both are/were playmakers who a DC could deploy at different positions all over the field and were very good tacklers as the last line of defense, which has been an issue in the Texans secondary.

I wish I could watch more of Williams. I liked what I saw, but I also only saw two games and one was the bowl game from the year before.

He caught my eye in the opener against Michigan 2 years ago. Have probably watched a dozen of his games since. He's a magnet for the ball. Can cover the entire field over the top and can drop into the slot and man up WR's. He's not going to come downhill and blast Jordan Howard out of the hole but send LeSean McCoy out to the edge and he'll take him down.

I go to bat for one guy every year and this year he's my guy.

He caught my eye in the opener against Michigan 2 years ago. Have probably watched a dozen of his games since. He's a magnet for the ball. Can cover the entire field over the top and can drop into the slot and man up WR's. He's not going to come downhill and blast Jordan Howard out of the hole but send LeSean McCoy out to the edge and he'll take him down.

I go to bat for one guy every year and this year he's my guy.

I've noticed that he's a very solid tackler.

Baker is my guy this year.

Atlanta had its pick in hand until Williams was stolen right from under us.

This pick may come as a shock to most but I go by my own rankings. I'm not concerned with where people have Willis going because without trades, I can't control where I land a certain player and I can't risk missing on this guy. I think he's a total stud.

Atlanta selects Jordan Willis - DE, Kansas St.

Atlanta's defense picked up in the playoffs but they still need to improve rushing the passer. That's where Willis comes in. We see Willis as a fit in Dan Quinn's system as the weak side edge rusher, giving a great compliment opposite of Vic Beasley.

Willis has been a dominant player for about two and a half years and continues to go under the radar despite putting up ridiculous production. He is a physical freak on the field but people doubt it for some reason. He proved it again at the combine but the talking heads just don't seem to see this guy.

Last edited:
Those Kansas State kids. Bill Snyder grabs those JUCO's and no-name recruits and 3 years later they're All-Americans.

That's why they call him 'The Wizard'.

This pick may come as a shock to most but I go by my own rankings. I'm not concerned with where people have Willis going because without trades, I can't control where I land a certain player and I can't risk missing on this guy. I think he's a total stud.

Atlanta's defense picked up in the playoffs but they still need to improve rushing the passer. That's where Willis comes in. We see Willis as a fit in Dan Quinn's system as the weak side edge rusher, giving a great compliment opposite of Vic Beasley.

Willis has been a dominant player for about two and a half years and continues to go under the radar despite putting up ridiculous production. He is a physical freak on the field but people doubt it for some reason. He proved it again at the combine but the talking heads just don't seem to see this guy.

Great pick

The Cowboys could use a pass rusher like Willis. Appears o be a hard worker with a great 1st step and can bend the edge.

Sanders was an elite defender. Teams had to game plan to stay away from him. That defense turned into crap when he was hurt. He truly was a game changer.[/QUOTE]

I believe Baker can be that type of guy

You a hole! Good pick!

Sanders was an elite defender. Teams had to game plan to stay away from him. That defense turned into crap when he was hurt. He truly was a game changer.

I loved watching him play. But it was a different league back then. Bob Sanders would be fined into bankruptcy if he played in today's game.

Not that his hits were dirty or illegal by today's rules, but they were so brutal & refs err on the side of caution.

Austin23 PM'ed me saying he wanted the top rated CB on the board for the Saints at 32. CBS has Tankersley/Awuzie rated higher than Conley who I like more.

Give me some thoughts on this pick.

I loved watching him play. But it was a different league back then. Bob Sanders would be fined into bankruptcy if he played in today's game.

Not that his hits were dirty or illegal by today's rules, but they were so brutal & refs err on the side of caution.

Loved watching Sanders play

# Real Football the way it was meant to be played before God'ell really started messing with the rules.

Now you cant even leap over the center. Tell me how many long snappers got hurt on extra points/FG's last yr? Not many, seems like every yr the competition committee changes he rules for no reason, under the guise of player safety.

With the 32nd pick in the TT Mock Draft the New Orleans Saints select Quincy Wilson CB Florida.

Kevin King, Awuzie, Conley, Davis, Harris, Williams, Brantley, Baker to name some of them. And to think Sidney Jones was definitely in there before he got hurt, also Fabian Moreau was in consideration.

Willis is my #2 edge rusher behind Garrett. I would love to grab him in 2nd but talent evaluators not quite as idiotic as talking heads. He could go to Dallas in the 1st. Not sure why so many perceive all high motor players to be unathletic. It is an awful perception. Similar to Watt, Donald and Kuechly who even after proving they were the most athletic at their position group during the combine, doubters still question their "play" speed.

Let's just have this pick lined up to be made by 8:20 AM.

Browns have literal needs all over the depth chart.

So far they've grabbed:

Mitchell Trubisky - QB, North Carolina
Myles Garrett - DE, Texas A&M

Everyone subscribes to a different "Needs Based Drafting" vs. "BPA" based drafting.

BPA - CBS and a few others have TE - OJ Howard

Needs Based website that I see:

DBs - We were just debating several for the Cowboys just a few picks ago. A couple have been scooped up since, but still many remain.

I lean toward any DB. They didn't make any moves there in Free Agency. I believe Barnidge is capable at TE too and their DBs I've never even heard of most of them outside Haden, and even he seems burned out playing well below average the last 2 seasons. Give Haden some help IMO.

Thoughts?

They need multiple CB's in this draft. Gareon Conley is the top one available on my board.

Or they could take Howard. They already have Barnidge at TE but this is a team that seriously lacks weapons on offense.

I can't believe we pushing Howard this far down, but Conley is good grab a TE later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howard in second round? C'mon Man! I seriously think there might be two TE's taken in the first round.

Jackson hands the card to commish himself, OJ Howard. :breakdance:

With the 34th pick in the 2017 Texans Talk Mock Draft, San Francisco selects DeShone Kizer - QB, Notre Dame.

56512bf895458.image.jpg

Kizer comes out as a redshirt sophomore with less than 2 full years of experience. But, he has all of the tools and measurables. What he will need is pro coaching. Enter the Niners new head coach Kyle Shanahan. San Francisco is a long way from competing, and Shanahan can give Kizer a redshirt season while watching the vets and running the scout team. Not the QB the Niners would take if needed to play sooner than later. But Kizer has the tools to become the top QB in the draft in 2-3 years.

Last edited:
Howard in second round? C'mon Man! I seriously think there might be two TE's taken in the first round.

Jackson hands the card to commish himself, OJ Howard. :breakdance:

As bad as the Browns need secondary help I would've picked Conley, with that said you cant go wrong with Howard. Adding Howard and Tubisky and fixing the OL in FA and all of the sudden the Browns could be building a very good foundation for the future.

On to fixing the secondary in the 3rd rd with their 2 picks.

With the 34th pick in the 2017 Texans Talk Mock Draft, San Francisco selects DeShone Kizer - QB, Notre Dame.

56512bf895458.image.jpg

Kizer comes out as a redshirt sophomore with less than 2 full years of experience. But, he has all of the tools and measurables. What he will need is pro coaching. Enter the Niners new head coach Kyle Shanahan. San Francisco is a long way from competing, and Shanahan can give Kizer a redshirt season while watching the vets and running the scout team. Not the QB the Niners would take if needed to play sooner than later. But Kizer has the tools to become the top QB in the draft in 2-3 years.

You certainly had that pick already loaded into the cannon lol.

I actually think this is the most likely scenario for the 49ers. I don't think they will take a QB #2 but with their next pick (whether that is #34 or a trade-up into late 20's).

56512bf895458.image.jpg

If there was ever a HC that could fix what's wrong with Kizer it's lil Shanny. The talent is there. Great pick.

Jaguars missed their last pick so I suggest we start the discussion early on their pick just in case they miss again we will already have something ready.

I'm warming up to Kiser becoming a franchise QB. Really LUCKY if he has someone like Kyle to develop him. That one season Shanahan was Texans OC was best Schaub & Texans offense ever looked.

Back