Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

I’m sure we’ve all been over this before a couple of hundred dozen times, but who’s to say Mahomes would have become what he has if he’d been in OB’s shitshow? Mahomes wouldn’t have had the luxury of sitting out his rookie year, and he would have been destroyed behind this o-line.

Speaking strictly football, Watson was probably the better choice in this system and on this team. Unfortunate that non-football stuff has destroyed that.

I wish we could've found out. I do know and said at the time Mahomes would be the better QB. BOB wanted Mahomes and RS gave him DW4. BOB did the best he could with DW4's skillsett and since mosthere think DW4's the greatest then BOB didn't do a bad job developing DW4.

I find your last statement idiotic. In no system at no time has DW4 been as good as Mahomes and DW4 will never be as good as Mahomes regardless of system. Veatch/Reid know a bit more about QB play than RS. Why? RS never drafted a QB to speak of in his 12 yrs here. Of course he wouldn't be as good at picking a franchise QB as Reid who worked with the Packers QB's/McNabb/Kolb that were drafted and Alex Smith who was traded for, so it really shouldn't surprise anybody that Reid hit on Mahomes and RS legacy with picking QB's speaks very loudly for itself. The Texans org still hasn't recovered from the damage RS caused/is still causing and the pain will last for atleast another 3 or 4 yrs unless Caserio gets extremely lucky on multiple front. (Both legal and personnel fronts.)

That pic says it all, maybe the smartest man in the room isn't as smart as he thinks he is? BTW, we haven't heard from RS on the DW4 allegations. Wonder why? Could it be under his watch there were several HR issues in the Texans FO?

Last edited:
B'Ob was a crap coach... & a worse OC

Not terrible but definitely not good. About the same as Kubiak, both way to conservative for my tastes. He did get the Texans as far as Kubiak did.

Also I think BOB had alot to do with DW4's development. DW4 didn't develop himself. BOB also enabled DW4.

Not terrible but definitely not good. About the same as Kubiak, both way to conservative for my tastes. He did get the Texans as far as Kubiak did.

Also I think BOB had alot to do with DW4's development. DW4 didn't develop himself. BOB also enabled DW4.

Did you say OB is about the same as Super Bowl winning coach Kubiak?

OB was on the search for a QB for 4 years like it was the Holy Grail while the Texans aged and never replaced talent through the draft or FA. He only could get his team in the playoffs due to a weak division. At the first sign of real competition in the playoffs, or a winning record team in the regular season, his team would fall apart.

OB couldn’t find another play other than run it up the middle for little to no gain. That was his offense. All of it:

Run it up the middle. Aw shucks. Do it again. They won’t expect it. Aw shucks. Let’s pass this time since it’s 3 and 10. Aw shucks. I need another QB to run this complicated system of run run pass. It’s Rick Smith fault. Oh I need a GM that can align with my vision. Oh wait. I can be GM. Fired. Aw shucks.

OB does not belong in the same sentence as Kubiak.

One QB that will be available and could interest Texans is Jamie Newman UGA. Listed at 6' 4" and 230 he reminds me of a poor man's Cam Newton.
Has good athleticism and a good downfield passing game.
Is short on experience so a year as 3rd stringer will benefit him.
His pocket movement is also not very good so will need some polish.
Could be a decent backup with a couple years under his belt.
Both he and Kellen Mond should be there towards the bottom of the 4th round.

Did you say OB is about the same as Super Bowl winning coach Kubiak?

OB was on the search for a QB for 4 years like it was the Holy Grail while the Texans aged and never replaced talent through the draft or FA. He only could get his team in the playoffs due to a weak division. At the first sign of real competition in the playoffs, or a winning record team in the regular season, his team would fall apart.

OB couldn’t find another play other than run it up the middle for little to no gain. That was his offense. All of it:

Run it up the middle. Aw shucks. Do it again. They won’t expect it. Aw shucks. Let’s pass this time since it’s 3 and 10. Aw shucks. I need another QB to run this complicated system of run run pass. It’s Rick Smith fault. Oh I need a GM that can align with my vision. Oh wait. I can be GM. Fired. Aw shucks.

OB does not belong in the same sentence as Kubiak.

I said BOB accomplished as much as Kubiak did while both were with the Texans. There are only 2 constants during that time McNair's/RS.

Yes the franchise is screwed up today because of RS and he seems to be giving on a daily basis when it comes to further screwing the Texans org.

You spelled McNair wrong.

Twice.

Oh, I agree about the McNair's, they should've fired RS when they fired Kubiak. Just like they should've fired Easterby when they fired BOB.

Fact is this franchise is where it is today because of that 1 picture.

Oh, I agree about the McNair's, they should've fired RS when they fired Kubiak. Just like they should've fired Easterby when they fired BOB.

Fact is this franchise is where it is today because of that 1 picture.

I disagree. Had OB been able to develop an offense, hire and OC, and work with a QB like Fitz, Hoyer, Mallett, Yates, Keenum, Osweiler, or Savage we never had to have drafted Watson.

Or - had he grown a pair and stood up to Watson and Hopkins and told them to cut that **** out early on we would be here. Even benched or suspended them we could have nipped this early on. No - he brought in Easterby to take care of it.

The problem wasn’t drafting Watson. It was the development of Watson letting him and Hopkins get away with this conduct off of the field.

Either way OB is part of the any way you look at it.

O/T. Based on these comments, yesterday, I tried Burt's for the first time. Awesome beef tips and rice. With only three days left before they close, probably will be my first and last time. Any other Houston area recommendations that are similar quality and menu as Burt's?

There’s a place off of Antoine Drive called Yo Mama’s Soul Food that’s pretty good. Then you have one in Studewood called Ester’s Cajun Cafe & Soul Food. Then I also like Mikki’s Soulfood.

1. Rick Smith would get the players OB asked for. OB asked for the NE castoffs in Mallett and Hoyer. Also, OB said he was in on the decision to get Osweiller. That’s 100% on OB. Rick Smith would trade draft picks for players like Jalen Strong because that’s what OB wanted. The drafting strategy was night and day from Kubiak to OB. Rick Smith was in charge of getting the players OB wanted and OB wanted crap and couldn’t turn those turds into nothing else but what they were - turds.

2. OB has come out and said he wanted DW too so that’s a mute point. Who was better? Trubisky? Cmon man. At the end of the day OB was trying to figure a job that was too big for him. He couldn’t manage offense or the players.

3. Drafting a sexual deviant? Was that on the draft report? I missed it.

You obviously have never dealt with addicts or addiction so let’s get real like you knew he was one.

Addictions come in a variety of forms such as soda, alcohol, cigarettes, sex, meth, drugs, etc. You get introduced and some people get more hooked than others.

Addiction is a real sickness. Watson is really sick. He needs help.

On the surface, that seems plausible. But it's not. I've addressed this in the past as has @Corrosion. O'Brien AND Kubiak were never given the OK to draft a QB of their choice.............they were only given the "opportunity" to pick from QB "leftovers" in the Draft and FA. The Texans scouts were a big part of the reason (by far, not the only reason) that RS is gone. They all went en masse to McNair to let him know that Smith never went by any of their (or O'Brien's) major strong recommendations. He was a one-man egotistical decision maker. As far as O'Brien speaking out publicly in support of choices, that was not the case behind closed doors.

Last edited:
There’s a place off of Antoine Drive called Yo Mama’s Soul Food that’s pretty good. Then you have one in Studewood called Ester’s Cajun Cafe & Soul Food. Then I also like Mikki’s Soulfood.
I can vouch for Yo Mama's. At least 10-15 years ago I could. There used to be a soul food place in Acres Homes I went to a couple of times that was really good. Can't remember the name or exactly where.

Assuming Watson is history (with the Texans), who are the core players for this team? Is Tunsil one or is he a bargaining chip?
If Watson is gone and I hopw he will be, I would love to move tunsil too but there’s NO way we’ll get what we paid for him. A good team with a need might give up a first but that pick would probably be in the lower part of the first round. There is really nothing or no one to build around.

On the surface, that seems plausible. But it's not. I've addressed this in the past as has @Corrosion. O'Brien AND Kubiak were never given the OK to draft a QB of their choice.............they were only given the "opportunity" to pick from QB "leftovers" in the Draft and FA. The Texans scouts were a big part of the reason (by far, not the only reason) that RS is gone. They all went en masse to McNair to let him know that Smith never went by any of their (or O'Brien's) major strong recommendations. He was a one-man egotistical decision maker. As far as O'Brien speaking out publicly in support of choices, that was not the case behind closed doors.

giphy.gif

B'Ob was a crap coach... & a worse OC
He was also an even worse GM. Since Kubiak knew exactly what he wanted for his offense, you can make a case for giving him more control over personnel.

But with O'Brien, I feel totally different. After all we have seen, I don't know why anyone would argue for B'Ob to have more input into personnel decisions over Rick Smith. I can get onboard with firing O'Brien and Smith, but to waste time arguing that Smith should have listened more to O'Brien's is arguing who would give you better guidance driving in Houston traffic....Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder.

Bob screwed this team. I hate him. Cal making bob the gm, was a master class of buffoonery.

Janice need to take the bull by the horns at this point. Like the mckasky lady of the bears. His son is making a mess of his fathers legacy.

Bob screwed this team. I hate him. Cal making bob the gm, was a master class of buffoonery.

Janice need to take the bull by the horns at this point. Like the mckasky lady of the bears. His son is making a mess of his fathers legacy.
I was thinking pretty much the same thing this afternoon.
I bet O'Brien just got angry at Nuke and got rid of him just to spite and in the process, deprived Texans of one of the best offensive weapons we've ever had.
So much for "team player" mentality.
I hope Caserio has a firm grip on both reins from now on - I don't want Easterby having anything to do with personnel acquisitions.
This is a very good draft coming up and Texans will be sitting in the corner with the dunces cap on until the 3rd round.
Thanks a lot Bill.

I was thinking pretty much the same thing this afternoon.
I bet O'Brien just got angry at Nuke and got rid of him just to spite and in the process, deprived Texans of one of the best offensive weapons we've ever had.
So much for "team player" mentality.
I hope Caserio has a firm grip on both reins from now on - I don't want Easterby having anything to do with personnel acquisitions.
This is a very good draft coming up and Texans will be sitting in the corner with the dunces cap on until the 3rd round.
Thanks a lot Bill.

This all comes back to DW4's issues and RS drafting DW4 to begin with.

I'm looking forward to the day Caserio takes out all of the trash and can start to rebuild the franchise minus what's been going on down on Kirby for yrs in both the FO/Players. To think that this kinda crap has been going on and the Texans have a Not Texans Worthy policy is laughable.

David Johnson thinks Texans RB committee is great for a 17-game season
Posted by Josh Alper on March 30, 2021, 10:38 AM EDT

NFL owners are expected to approve moving to a 17-game regular season at this week’s league meetings and Texans running back David Johnson isn’t thrilled about that development.

Johnson said at a Monday press conference that he advocated against it at NFLPA meetings because an extra game is “not in the best interest of the players as a whole.” With all signs pointing to passage, though, Johnson is looking at the bright side.

The Texans’ free agency shopping spree has netted running backs Mark Ingram and Phillip Lindsay, which Johnson sees as a positive because of the extra work that will come with the change to the schedule.

“Honestly, I think it will be great,” Johnson said. “I think it will be great for us because it will help us all stay healthy and play in this long season, now hearing that they’re going to add another game to the season. I think it will be great for us, like you said, having veteran guys. That way we can all play together and it won’t be a lot of learning to be a professional athlete. Guys are really respected in the league, guys are responsible, real good pros in the league. I think it will help out a lot with this team, with the team moral and getting everyone going, especially with this run game. It was a tough running game last year and hopefully we can all, all three of us, can contribute and get this thing going.”

I know many here think this is a great idea. And that Nick Caserio is a brilliant GM. No sense in me trying to argue this point today. Instead I'll wait until next year when it will make more sense to explain why all this restructuring is a terrible idea and why Nick Caserio is fast becoming the worst of all Bill Belichick admins.

You’re being a bit extreme on this one. We have to give it more than a year. Especially knowing what he came into. Which was a ocean full of dumpster juice. It’s not fair to think this man would get some immediate gratification out of the situations at hand.

You’re being a bit extreme on this one. We have to give it more than a year. Especially knowing what he came into. Which was a ocean full of dumpster juice. It’s not fair to think this man would get some immediate gratification out of the situations at hand.
I'll give it my best shot next year. For those who don't understand now I think the the light bulb may come on in 2022.

I know many here think this is a great idea. And that Nick Caserio is a brilliant GM. No sense in me trying to argue this point today. Instead I'll wait until next year when it will make more sense to explain why all this restructuring is a terrible idea and why Nick Caserio is fast becoming the worst of all Bill Belichick admins.

I have no trust or confidence in the Houston Texans front office and owners, regardless of who they bring in to manage things. This organization has consistently made such bad decisions that they've burned that bridge and fans have every right to be suspicious of anything / everything they do.

Caserio, while I'm staying hopeful, will have to earn respect and trust, and that takes time. The track record of Belichick's tree is what it is, and when Bill O'Brien is its most 'successful' branch up to this point, it's understandable to be wary of anyone from that same background.

And at the end of the day, Caserio still has Cal McNair as his boss and Jack Easterby is still in the building.

This has nothing to do with RS drafting Watson. Why in the world are you dragging RS into Watson mess. That kid was not acting like this at Clemson.

Smh you really not to stop the madness

Why is DW4 here and how do you know how he was acting at Clemson?

That single decision ruined this franchise for the forseeable future.

There's no getting around this, should've traded up for Mahomes like I said at the time. If RS had given up the 3rd the Texans wouldn't be where they are today. You can thank RS for all of this crap. The smartest man in the room f'ed this up.

This has nothing to do with RS drafting Watson. Why in the world are you dragging RS into Watson mess. That kid was not acting like this at Clemson.

Smh you really not to stop the madness
Exactly! On one hand, there are posts in this forum that mentions Watson "changed" AFTER he got into the NFL. That he dumped his long-time girlfriend. Now, its RS should have known before drafting him? It's so silly, it doesn't even deserve a response. I'm glad the ignore feature is preventing me from reading half of the gibberish being posted.

I have no trust or confidence in the Houston Texans front office and owners, regardless of who they bring in to manage things. This organization has consistently made such bad decisions that they've burned that bridge and fans have every right to be suspicious of anything / everything they do.

Caserio, while I'm staying hopeful, will have to earn respect and trust, and that takes time. The track record of Belichick's tree is what it is, and when Bill O'Brien is its most 'successful' branch up to this point, it's understandable to be wary of anyone from that same background.

And at the end of the day, Caserio still has Cal McNair as his boss and Jack Easterby is still in the building.
Caserio is showing absolutely no signs of financial understanding or responsibility. They are key components in building and managing a successful football team and operation. Nick has spent over $45MM of the 2022 and 2023 salary caps. That's a big disadvantage when compared to every other team in the division who do not have to make payments in 2022 and 2023 on money they borrowed in 2021. Fiscally responsible Nick is NOT!

There's no getting around this, should've traded up for Mahomes like I said at the time. If RS had given up the 3rd the Texans wouldn't be where they are today. You can thank RS for all of this crap. The smartest man in the room f'ed this up.

Nostradamas of Watson World......you nor anyone else in the football world knew this kind of behavior was brewing within Watson. How did you manage to have this vision? You are truly piling on in nonstop form. Not once during the past 2-3 seasons did you bring up sordid sexual deviant when describing Watson's inability to QB n the NFL or his ability to lead the Texans to a SB. I guess the crystal ball and chicken bones just weren't working properly during that time frame but they really got to working after it became public knowledge.

Watson needs to get closure to this mess, accept his financial losses, make a public apology, agree to counseling, and drop his NTC so the Texans can trade him when the smoke clears. Hope he gets the help he needs and pays the price for what he did to date.....didn't know this before the fact but it is what needs to be done going forward.

Good luck. Next year everyone will be arguing about who to select 1.1 and will have forgotten your point. The whole issue that borrowing from the future is something you should reserve for teams in "win now" mode is lost around here. Damaging future cap potential to sign some junk FAs to help the 2021 dumpster fire is abject madness.

Mahomas was off the freaking board and back then has no bearings on what’s going today. And that’s just wrong for you to throw RS in there. Drafting Watson was a darn good choice during that time. Again stop acting like you knew Watson’s personal faults way back then.

I will give him at least 3 years. It’s going to take time to unscrew what O’Brien did with the cap and draft.
This should come as no surprise to you that we see things differently. Nick Caserio is fiscally irresponsible. You can't win with that kind of fiscal mentality. Let's talk again in 2022.

I disagree with this move by Caserio.

It looks like Caserio is trying to make space to get rid of DW4.

Caserio must be considering Cunningham a core piece of the rebuild and that's a mistake. IMHO

Good luck. Next year everyone will be arguing about who to select 1.1 and will have forgotten your point.
I'll remind them. 😊 I get the sense that folks that only pay the interest due on their credit card balances are the ones who think Caserio is a genius.

I tried to tell posters about how bad ownership was back in 2010.

Few would listen and even called the McNair's hands off ownership.

Some of these posters are begrudgingly in agreement now.

Last edited:
Nostradamas of Watson World......you nor anyone else in the football world knew this kind of behavior was brewing within Watson. How did you manage to have this vision? You are truly piling on in nonstop form. Not once during the past 2-3 seasons did you bring up sordid sexual deviant when describing Watson's inability to QB n the NFL or his ability to lead the Texans to a SB. I guess the crystal ball and chicken bones just weren't working properly during that time frame but they really got to working after it became public knowledge.

Watson needs to get closure to this mess, accept his financial losses, make a public apology, agree to counseling, and drop his NTC so the Texans can trade him when the smoke clears. Hope he gets the help he needs and pays the price for what he did to date.....didn't know this before the fact but it is what needs to be done going forward.

It didn't take Nostradamas, I didn't like the pick at the time and said so. I certainly did very carefully bring up DW4's lifestyle in relation to the Hopkins trade.

BTW, Cal got a 2nd chance to make things right when he knew some of this stuff was going on and chose to do nothing. (Hopkins trade) Now the fans will suffer through Cal's decision making processes.

If guilty DW4 needs to be made an example of by doing some jail time.

Last edited:
This should come as no surprise to you that we see things differently. Nick Caserio is fiscally irresponsible. You can't win with that kind of fiscal mentality. Let's talk again in 2022.

Lol how so? I mean what did you expect him to do when we were already in cap he// before he got here. He’s restructured terrible contracts know the cap will go up next year. He’s brought in players on 1-2 year prove it deals. He’s putting a team together that will have to battle for their spots on this team. Now he will be forced to trade this clown show name Watson. So again what did you expect? What for him to sit on his hands and do nothing? Or continue paying players high contracts whether it FA or current players on the roster?

I disagree with this move by Caserio.

It looks like Caserio is trying to make space to get rid of DW4.

Caserio must be considering Cunningham a core piece of the rebuild and that's a mistake. IMHO
I think Nick just needs more money and is desperately looking for where he can get it. Cunningham was a last resort and maybe the last real contract he can restructure. I think Nick has restructured every real contract he can. There is no doubt that Nick is fiscally irresponsible and a disaster waiting to happen. We haven't seen the absolute worst of the Texans yet. We just think we have.

I think Nick just needs more money and is desperately looking for where he can get it. Cunningham was a last resort and maybe the last real contract he can restructure. I think Nick has restructured every real contract he can. There is no doubt that Nick is fiscally irresponsible and a disaster waiting to happen. We haven't seen the absolute worst of the Texans yet. We just think we have.

We will see.

Lol how so? I mean what did you expect him to do when we were already in cap he// before he got here. He’s restructured terrible contracts know the cap will go up next year. He’s brought in players on 1-2 year prove it deals. He’s putting a team together that will have to battle for their spots on this team. Now he will be forced to trade this clown show name Watson. So again what did you expect? What for him to sit on his hands and do nothing? Or continue paying players high contracts whether it FA or current players on the roster?
I did not expect Caserio to borrow over $30MM from 2022 and 2023 so he could rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic in 2021.

Last edited:
Back