Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans New Uniforms will debut at Draft.

I amount of times ghetto, riffraff and street culture is being dropped makes this place look more like twitter than ever before.

And i'm just ignoring the H for Hamas reference earlier in the thread

I'm still looking for an answer to my question from earlier from anyone who thinks it's against Caucasians lol.

IMG_6756.jpegIMG_6755.png
IMG_6754.png

This is my again for reference post from above that my images wouldn’t attach to. Easy to see the original call. Hannah’s focus group strikes again! 😁

I don’t see how a logo equates to riff raff.

As D-John2008 referenced pages ago, that old English font is used on pretty much everyone’s diploma…high school AND college degrees. I’m assuming everyone here has at least 1 of those. Do/did any of you in here feel like you were graduating from a ghetto street culture school when u received your degrees b/c of that? Likely not. Probably didn’t give it a 2nd thought TBH.

I think the fact that “street culture” & “ghetto” is the automatic go-to when some people see that H speaks for itself in regard to the person TBH.

lol you guys.

college-degrees.jpg

Vatos logos forever homes.

1713567659361.png

In your defense though, this does remind me of my high school days.

1713567708709.png

I think any big ass "H" would have looked stupid, but this is an alternate. I can see the team trying to make different designs that people will like. Everyone seems to either be "this is fire" or "this sucks". If you don't like the alternate. Don't buy the alternate. Problem solved.

Hamas? I'm sorry what?

And NFL teams don't get the choice with Nike. Acting like a three-year-old bitching about something that won't/can't change.
So everything that Cal and Hannah have been saying for so long about the significant fan committee input for the uniforms is BS?

Last edited:
You need to go back to the many videos and articles and statements that more than make one think otherwise................or is that just part of the FO hype to leave the fan base with a warm and fuzzy feeling about their importance.........
I don’t recall anything that implied the final design wouldn’t be done by Nike, which is what the sentence you bolded was referring to

I think any big ass "H" would have looked stupid, but this is an alternate. I can see the team trying to make different designs that people will like. Everyone seems to either be "this is fire" or "this sucks". If you don't like the alternate. Don't buy the alternate. Problem solved.

Or the third option, the "it not only sucks but it's also racist!" Crew

So does Rice U make you think of those things?

View attachment 14011

That is a 130 year old college. Or maybe the founders of Rice were rolling to Ghetto Boys in 1891.

Do you think Cal and Hannah chose to put an old English font on their helmets to appeal to Rice alum, or to appeal to a distinct subculture in Houston that Texans marketing has been targeting for several years now?

1713573171857.png

1713573316429.png

Is an old English letter on a gold chain meant to appeal to Rice alum too?

Marketing a billion plus dollar NFL franchise does not involve random style choices. Every visual decision has meaning.

I'm surprised anyone is even disputing this.

And for the record, I'm actually ok with some of this marketing for apparel. It was just a poor choice to put it on the helmet.

If you don't believe that the NFL owners have a major say in what the final designs are, then we have nothing to talk about.
I completely think Cal had final approval, but there has been a lot of blaming the fan councils/focus groups for the direction of the H logo. Then there were comments about the Texans should have hired a design firm to do the new logos. I pointed out that Nike was the design firm for the NFL. Which caused more bitching about how Nike sucks, but per Nike’s big ass contract that was always going to be the outcome.

So with all that what do we have to discuss?

Edit: I also think there was a 0% chance Cal was ever going to reject what came back from Nike

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of the helmet... I agree with what someone else said, if you put any 'H' on the helmet it will probably look suspect. It's not like Chicago or even Rice where there is a circular flow to the letter (more the C than the R, but you get the point I believe), The 'H' is all angles and just looks a little strange on the side of a round helmet, where it isn't quite as glaring in the center of a baseball cap.

As far as how it represents Houston - have we not been H-Town for quite some time?

And why are we all in with "the why bring back the Columbia blue", are they? Or are they using Houston blue?

As in the color from the city flag? Also notice how the focus is a single star, also on the helmets. (There are actualy two on the flag but shhh).

1713575205706.png

In my humble opinion we are using a color and letter combo that is as Houston as hmmm strip clubs and diversity? So f*** the Oilers/Titans and the Adams family (not the cool one with Gomez and Morticia, you know who I mean). It's our color, since 1915.

It’s a shame that with the team they’ve assembled looking like it could really be legit for the 1st time in their history, that they are back to focusing the conversation on things that have nothing to do with what’s on the field. Unis, the roof, Cal’s dog, Hannah’s only fans channel.

Wait, I wasn’t supposed to say that last thing out loud. Everyone just forget about that twisted fantasy and get back the colorful ghetto, thug discussion yall are so good at.

The racism and ableism in this thread sucks.

I amount of times ghetto, riffraff and street culture is being dropped makes this place look more like twitter than ever before.

Then you guys should've spent more time around riffraff before telling others who did that they cannot speak honestly on the topic. Have drinks with me some time and I can rattle off a tragically lengthy list of names of friends and acquaintances from my childhood who are dead or in prison because they embraced street culture.

Edit: I'll stop here. I've reminded myself we're just talking about uniforms.

Last edited:
Houston 1st…Texas second. This western culture **** is more Texas as a whole 1st…and it’s honestly not even unique to Texas as many southern states have that type of culture and way of life. There’s just no real representation of the actual city of Houston and what makes it unique as a city within the Texans org. Hell the logo is just the Texas flag shaped into a damn bull!

Every major pro team in this city has embraced something in either their name/mascot or uniforms that shows what makes this city unique…..except the Texans.

The Astros with their name, mascot and space city alternate jerseys…..& their minor league affiliate here.

The Rockets with their name, mascot, logo AND mascot.

Hell even the cougars did a rebranding & got in on the act with the throw back to their old logo and uniforms.

The Texans? Nothing for 20 years. Just cowboy culture crap that honestly isnt anymore representative of the city than it is for dozens of cities in the state of Texas. The rodeo visits all the major cities in Texas not just Houston. So how is that western culture crap relatable when probably more than half of the 4-5 million people here in this city haven’t even rode a horse or don’t even own cowboy boots…or even go to the HLSR every year. I’ve been here pretty much my whole life and all of those apply to me.

You are downplaying the western culture aspect to Texas.

Have you taken a Texas history class?

Growing up if I visited with people from other states people would ask if I rode a horse to school.

Houston is home to the largest livestock and rodeo in the world.

Yes we got Space. Yes we got oil. We also have a strong culture in old western culture. You just can’t choose to ignore heritage and history.

Last time I checked there were Jets all over the States. I haven’t seen a Titan in a while. Or a Giant. Dolphins are plentiful everywhere. Horses aren’t unique to Denver. I don’t know what a Packer and a Charger are. Are there anymore Vikings in Minnesota? You get the point.

I'm sure that Nike designed their very "creative" Browns helmets over the years all by themselves!

View attachment 14016
Pretty sure the Browns are older than Nike, but hey you do you.

Why is there this insistent need to blame someone for their dislike, borderline hatred, of the alt logo? Whether that be Cal, the fan councils, Nike, etc. I haven't liked the Rockets unis since the last championship season, but I don't ***** about it, nor do I insinuate that the logo panders to a certain demographic or excluded another one. I just dont buy it or wear it.

Then you guys should've spent more time around riffraff before telling others who did that they cannot speak honestly on the topic. Have drinks with me some time and I can rattle off a tragically lengthy list of names of friends and acquaintances from my childhood who are dead or in prison because they embraced street culture.

Edit: I'll stop here. I've reminded myself we're just talking about uniforms.
Thanks for stopping yourself. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Pretty sure the Browns are older than Nike, but hey you do you.

Why is there this insistent need to blame someone for their dislike, borderline hatred, of the alt logo? Whether that be Cal, the fan councils, Nike, etc. I haven't liked the Rockets unis since the last championship season, but I don't ***** about it, nor do I insinuate that the logo panders to a certain demographic or excluded another one. I just dont buy it or wear it.
So? They evidently "co-existed" for a long time.

And as far as having the opinion that I have never been in love with our team's name and past designs, feeling that they are not very original or outstanding..........that is my opinion and I hardly believe I need more justification............no more than I ask one of your opinion.

Growing up if I visited with people from other states people would ask if I rode a horse to school.

Yes we got Space. Yes we got oil. We also have a strong culture in old western culture. You just can’t choose to ignore heritage and history.

Last time I checked there were Jets all over the States. I haven’t seen a Titan in a while. Or a Giant. Dolphins are plentiful everywhere. Horses aren’t unique to Denver. I don’t know what a Packer and a Charger are. Are there anymore Vikings in Minnesota? You get the point.
I’ve had the same questions posed to be by folks from out of state…& to be honest, it’s a problem and annoying as hell. It’d be 1 thing if the city had nothing else to offer..like say the city of San Antonio..but it does. Its The 4th largest city in the nation and 1 of the more progressive cities in the state with so much that it offers to the nation & it shouldn’t be typecast as the typical Texas town portrayed in every single damn Hollywood movie. We shouldn’t have folks from out of state still wondering if we ride frickin’ horses to school in 2024. But that’s the image some here want to put forth for the city time and time again & the Shits a joke. And again, we aren’t representing Texas…we are supposed to be representing the city of HOUSTON first…Not Texas. I’m not downplaying the western culture, I’m simply saying that there’s more to this city than the typical cowboy **** that folks just all too easily wanna put forth.

Furthermore again, those old unis don’t capture any of that old western culture…it was everything around them that did courtesy of the old marketing team. Toro the mascot…the “football time in Houston” song…the logo…None of that is going away. All that the alt unis and logo have done is simply fold in another aspect of the Houston culture. Houston being known as “H-town” and that now being our well known nick name by people around the nation…..that was made popular by the street/rap culture that is supposedly loathed. And again, fans helped push this thru..this wasn’t some decision pushed thru by Cal.

For all the ranting and raving about the “street culture” that’s supposedly is being represented with the new logo…no one had any problem with this **** making its rounds on twitter in 2022 after his now infamous rant..
1713583717684.jpeg

Or this ****…

If you’re gonna be all up in arms about street culture representing your city, be consistent.

Last edited:
It’s a shame that with the team they’ve assembled looking like it could really be legit for the 1st time in their history, that they are back to focusing the conversation on things that have nothing to do with what’s on the field. Unis, the roof, Cal’s dog, Hannah’s only fans channel.

Wait, I wasn’t supposed to say that last thing out loud. Everyone just forget about that twisted fantasy and get back the colorful ghetto, thug discussion yall are so good at.
Wait, what!?!? Hannah has an only fans page!?

God that font is awful. I guess we’re thr Houston Titan Owls? Lol

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I actually wish they would have gone with that ugly H in the gear they were already selling the past couple of seasons. Or, that Cal bought the Roughnecks logo from the UFL/XFL.

I’m sure I’ll forget all about this new uniform color scheme rebrand bs if we make it to the Super Bowl though. All will be forgotten and forgiven.
Exactly the way I feel about it

I'm not a fan of anything related to the Oilers. When Bud Adams took the team to Tennessee, they became dead to me. I don't want the stink of 36 years of Oiler failures on the Texans. They have enough of that stink on their own.

But I have seen a Cowboy. I agree with you and add a different perspective. My son teaches high school biology here in the Hill Country and when he’s not in the classroom he works as a wrangler for an outfitter in Bandera. They take groups to the nearby Hill Country State Natural Area. It’s amazing how many people come from all over the country for these rides in iconic Texas. The most avid by far are the Europeans, especially the Brits and French. They just hosted a motorcycle club from Wales who spent a week in the area capturing the mood. Everybody wants it. I find it interesting how people also so easily dismiss our Mexican Mexican culture who have deep connections to ranch life, cowboy gear, cantinas, great food, lively music with button accordions not unlike our central and coastal Texas Czech polkas, great bar-b-q, etc. Imagine Texas without it. Or Houston without it unless folks want to put Houston in another state.

As long as the new uniforms don’t offer blowback like the Texans Letterman Jackets did…..I think I’ll be fine.

For me, the winning new base color would’ve been a Dark Gun Metal Gray Metallic. The same logo in Steel Blue and Battle Red…..just set up on a better background.

I’ve had the same questions posed to be by folks from out of state…& to be honest, it’s a problem and annoying as hell. It’d be 1 thing if the city had nothing else to offer..like say the city of San Antonio..but it does. Its The 4th largest city in the nation and 1 of the more progressive cities in the state with so much that it offers to the nation & it shouldn’t be typecast as the typical Texas town portrayed in every single damn Hollywood movie. We shouldn’t have folks from out of state still wondering if we ride frickin’ horses to school in 2024. But that’s the image some here want to put forth for the city time and time again & the Shits a joke. And again, we aren’t representing Texas…we are supposed to be representing the city of HOUSTON first…Not Texas. I’m not downplaying the western culture, I’m simply saying that there’s more to this city than the typical cowboy **** that folks just all too easily wanna put forth.

Furthermore again, those old unis don’t capture any of that old western culture…it was everything around them that did courtesy of the old marketing team. Toro the mascot…the “football time in Houston” song…the logo…None of that is going away. All that the alt unis and logo have done is simply fold in another aspect of the Houston culture. Houston being known as “H-town” and that now being our well known nick name by people around the nation…..that was made popular by the street/rap culture that is supposedly loathed. And again, fans helped push this thru..this wasn’t some decision pushed thru by Cal.

For all the ranting and raving about the “street culture” that’s supposedly is being represented with the new logo…no one had any problem with this **** making its rounds on twitter in 2022 after his now infamous rant..
View attachment 14017

Or this ****…

If you’re gonna be all up in arms about street culture representing your city, be consistent.
Mattress Mack has always been about marketing (in addition to charitable endeavors).

In the words of infamous Vinny (paraphrased).......................the Texans are a marketing company with an NFL arm.

Back