Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans New Uniforms will debut at Draft.

You will have people who love or hate the uniforms. I do find it hilarious I have seen people so upset about the Old English font, that they are correlating that to certain stereotypes and forget that the font is found on Bachelor’s/Master’s Degrees for example.
What do college degrees have to do with blue collar H-Town?

That helmet looks like something an Irish leprechaun farted out after getting drunk at the pub. Nothing about Houston unless Houston is now a suburb of Limerick. Speaking of which, here is my helmet limerick.

The Texans have a new hat
Help me find my old baseball bat
If this is the one they sell
I’ll beat it all to hell
If I keep hitting it, it will go splat

You will have people who love or hate the uniforms. I do find it hilarious I have seen people so upset about the Old English font, that they are correlating that to certain stereotypes and forget that the font is found on Bachelor’s/Master’s Degrees for example.
Yes nothing screams Houston Texas like Old English 🤦‍♂️

Respectfully, the logo on the helmet already looks like a dumb, bad tattoo. (if that makes any sense). it feels so vapid and corporate that gosh, the only feeling I really get is the feeling that the golden age of the common man (the very one the greatest generation fought for) is truly over or something. maybe I'm being dramatic or maybe they just look that bad to me. I'm still a fan but I spit on the ground at these awful new hats. we got the ugliest helmets in the LEAGUE

Last edited:
I don’t understand?
It's for the youth's us old folks don't get it...

Drip [drɪp]

Something that is a drip, drippin', or drippy is very cool, awesome and stylish. It's usually used for clothing and accessories like shoes, watches, and jewelry. For example: “Did you see her new dress? She is really drippin' tonight.”

So they are referencing the new uniforms - or their new 'drip'.

I dunno if I've finally ascended to curmudgeonly middle aged man, but MAN these helmets are ugly...
You haven't.. That design is ****ing amateur hour and absolutely hideous. It tries to "represent" so many different things that it doesn't represent anything. Also it's designed horribly. This is exactly why they have high priced marketing agencies who professionalize in branding design. After seeing this embarrassment I now think that's the route they should've taken. Not a group of random Joe's throwing **** against a wall. I'm not against a H town alternative.. However that one SUCKS. That is first draft level at best. I hope this is a false leak the team put out.

Last edited:
I don’t really care, win ******* games…..dominate MFers, all the uniform **** won’t matter……they could play in leotards and hard hats for all I care, I just want a GD Super Bowl win before I pass…..apologies, it’s been a hectic week in corporate…..

That helmet looks like something an Irish leprechaun farted out after getting drunk at the pub. Nothing about Houston unless Houston is now a suburb of Limerick. Speaking of which, here is my helmet limerick.

I’ll beat it all to hell

I don't know if you've ever been to Limerick, but it's a lot like Houston in an industrial/suburban way.

But point taken, the logo sucks.

My guy, we wore the all red combo once, the new H logo is nowhere near as bad as that monstrosity.
My guy, we haven't even seen the unis that go with this crap helmet design. And yes we wore all red (which I didn't mind seeing 1 to 2 times a year) At least it was a base color and had some affiliation with the team. After seeing the helmet, I'm visualizing Cal passing me his beer and then asking me to hold it, while he pulls the rope that exposes the unis that go with this monstrosity of a football helmet. Even if you hated the all red.. at least they still had a Badass helmet and logo.

Early indications have me thinking this uni could blow the Rockets late 90s pajamas jerseys out of the water for the worst in the city's history. Yes, the helmet is that bad.

Last edited:
You haven't.. That design is ****ing amateur hour and absolutely hideous. It tries to "represent" so many different things that it doesn't represent anything. Also it's designed horribly. This is exactly why they have high priced marketing agencies who professionalize in branding design. After seeing this embarrassment I now think that's the route they should've taken. Not a group of random Joe's throwing **** against a wall. I'm not against a H town alternative.. However that one SUCKS. That is first draft level at best. I hope this is a false leak the team put out.

Ehh I disagree..he has ascended to old man curmudgeon status. I always hated our basic ass uniforms. They had nothing to them that made u want to buy gear & They never really represented Houston in my eyes, but rather the target audience of bob Mcnair….which was the older, conservative and quite frankly white male fans. That may have been what Houston was in the 70’s and 80’s but that’s not what it is today. & whether you’re aware of it or not, It is 1 of the most diverse cities in the nation and has many different types of sub cultures that represent it these days.

So while I may not be a fan of some of the elements of this particular design, it is super smart on the part of Cal and the FO to attempt to market and grow the fan base towards ALL of this teams’ fans, not just those who are PERCIEVED to be the target audience and folks that are going to spend the most money.

Our unis have been milk toast and other than the fact that we’ve worn the same bland looking crap for the last 20 years, there really no history of anything there. Haven’t won **** in them. Aside from that, this new alternate design is not nearly as bad as some here are acting like it is.

Respectfully, the logo on the helmet already looks like a dumb, bad tattoo. (if that makes any sense). it feels so vapid and corporate that gosh, the only feeling I really get is the feeling that the golden age of the common man (the very one the greatest generation fought for) is truly over or something. maybe I'm being dramatic or maybe they just look that bad to me. I'm still a fan but I spit on the ground at these awful new hats. we got the ugliest helmets in the LEAGUE
You're not being dramatic, you're just lamenting the decline of Western civilization. You mostly get used to it after watching it for decades while people around you think it's just great. Then you start saving your money with plans to retire in another country where they preserve their own values and standards and are not commiting cultural suicide.

God that font is awful. I guess we’re thr Houston Titan Owls? Lol

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I actually wish they would have gone with that ugly H in the gear they were already selling the past couple of seasons. Or, that Cal bought the Roughnecks logo from the UFL/XFL.

I’m sure I’ll forget all about this new uniform color scheme rebrand bs if we make it to the Super Bowl though. All will be forgotten and forgiven.
Agreed on the font. That's hideous.

The Texans will sell PLENTY more this way. You will see items sold out soon after they go on sale.

Probably. And we'll see how ugly or dumb the changes are. When they could have just left it alone, still sold because the team has gotten better, and not given anyone any reason (likely legitimately) to *****.

Lots of stereotypes in this post

Man I guess It's been a while since I been to Houston, I went to a few Astros games over the last couple years but here in Longview/Tyler area up here there are no low riders, that is for sure a LA/California deal, this is news to me that that culture is a Houston trademark that gives my old hometown it's identity? I don't even remember ever seeing low rider cars growing up in Houston in the 90's, I had a friend in high school that was into that his dad owned a car shop in Southwest part of town. It's all trucks up here bubba, big ones lifted up off the ground, four wheel drive, everybody from the 18 year old high school girls to grannies, everybody. If that's a stereotype I'm sorry but that is just how reality is.

Ehh I disagree..he has ascended to old man curmudgeon status. I always hated our basic ass uniforms. They had nothing to them that made u want to buy gear & They never really represented Houston in my eyes, but rather the target audience of bob Mcnair….which was the older, conservative and quite frankly white male fans. That may have been what Houston was in the 70’s and 80’s but that’s not what it is today. & whether you’re aware of it or not, It is 1 of the most diverse cities in the nation and has many different types of sub cultures that represent it these days.

So while I may not be a fan of some of the elements of this particular design, it is super smart on the part of Cal and the FO to attempt to market and grow the fan base towards ALL of this teams’ fans, not just those who are PERCIEVED to be the target audience and folks that are going to spend the most money.

Our unis have been milk toast and other than the fact that we’ve worn the same bland looking crap for the last 20 years, there really no history of anything there. Haven’t won **** in them. Aside from that, this new alternate design is not nearly as bad as some here are acting like it is.
Absolute crap response.. I was 18 when this team started, I'm not some crusty old white guy (which is exactly how your dumbass response reads) and the original theme was not a attempt to appeal to "old white males". It was plain, but drew on Texan pride which used to be a thing regardless of what ******* color you were/are.. "Mr. teX".

I really wish you could attend one of my family reunions then you could truly understand how stupid your "melting pot" comment is.. I have four cousins with dual citizenship (3 Mexico.. 1 Guatemala). Three others are happily married to African Americans (aka Black people 😄). Plenty of offspring between those two groups.. My mother has enough Native American blood where she is still entitled to land from the U.S. government (but she won't take it, too proud and the land sucks..she bought her own).

I've said all of that to say this.. No Hispanic in my family has a old E tattoo or cruises around town in low riders.. that depiction of them is racist in itself. They are hard working proud Texans... "Mr. teX".

Like I said earlier, I have zero problems with a H-Town theme/alternate uni, but that font and helmet is trash. You don't have to be a old crusty white guy to see that. If you want to be "urban" and do a alternate jersey that really represents the city, I've always liked the "Be Someone" graffiti that has now become known nation wide and a landmark that represents this city completely. Regardless of who you are or what you are, Texans work their ass off and if you want to "BE SOMEONE" Houston is the place to do it. "Mr teX"

P.s. the people that I knew who actually grew up in the 70's and 80's were Badass individuals, coach on down. The people who grew up during that era allowed us to have this discussion.

I'm not going to apologize for who you think I am. If you look at me and feel a certain way. Sorry.. That's on you and you're own racist hatred...

Last edited:
This helmet is so bad it’s downright offensive. Seriously. As a fan of 22+ years this is flippin offensive.

It’s like someone down on Kirby said we need something that represents all the demographics of Houston. Except white people. Except oil and gas. Except cowboy or western culture. Except NASA. Now throw all that **** into a blender, add an olde English font for no apparent reason, add titan blue, and spit it out onto the side of a hemet.

Not just bad or ugly…pathetic.

This helmet is so bad it’s downright offensive. Seriously. As a fan of 22+ years this is flippin offensive.

It’s like someone down on Kirby said we need something that represents all the demographics of Houston. Except white people. Except oil and gas. Except cowboy or western culture. Except NASA. Now throw all that **** into a blender, add an olde English font for no apparent reason, add titan blue, and spit it out onto the side of a hemet.

Not just bad or ugly…pathetic
One could argue that OG logo (which just to make sure everyone is aware, hasn't changed) doesn't represent any of that either:
Oil and gas/energy? NO
NASA? NO
Western/cowboy culture? Sure, I'll give you this one, but it's about a tenuous as the Cowboys, the Spurs, the Rangers and the Mavericks
White people? IDK how to address that one.

I’ll beat it all to hell

What a beautiful limerick, a work of art that should be in the limerick hall of fame. Brought a tear to my eyes.

It's for the youth's us old folks don't get it...

Drip [drɪp]

Something that is a drip, drippin', or drippy is very cool, awesome and stylish. It's usually used for clothing and accessories like shoes, watches, and jewelry. For example: “Did you see her new dress? She is really drippin' tonight.”

So they are referencing the new uniforms - or their new 'drip'.

She was drippin' alright, but not because of a dress or in a stylish way.... Let's just say that they love good ole Deadpool

Absolute crap response.. I was 18 when this team started, I'm not some crusty old white guy (which is exactly how your dumbass response reads) and the original theme was not a attempt to appeal to "old white males". It was plain, but drew on Texan pride which used to be a thing regardless of what ******* color you were/are.. "Mr. teX".

I really wish you could attend one of my family reunions then you could truly understand how stupid your "melting pot" comment is.. I have four cousins with dual citizenship (3 Mexico.. 1 Guatemala). Three others are happily married to African Americans (aka Black people 😄). Plenty of offspring between those two groups.. My mother has enough Native American blood where she is still entitled to land from the U.S. government (but she won't take it, too proud and the land sucks..she bought her own).

I've said all of that to say this.. No Hispanic in my family has a old E tattoo or cruises around town in low riders.. that depiction of them is racist in itself. They are hard working proud Texans... "Mr. teX".

Like I said earlier, I have zero problems with a H-Town theme/alternate uni, but that font and helmet is trash. You don't have to be a old crusty white guy to see that. If you want to be "urban" and do a alternate jersey that really represents the city, I've always liked the "Be Someone" graffiti that has now become known nation wide and a landmark that represents this city completely. Regardless of who you are or what you are, Texans work their ass off and if you want to "BE SOMEONE" Houston is the place to do it. "Mr teX"

Somehow I knew you’d get offended when I posted that and the fact is your response tells me all I need to know……you sound dumb, out of touch with reality and aside from that, you’re wrong as hell. Our current name logo or unis don’t represent Houston as it is today or really anything in this city…Maybe that “hard working, Texas pride” **** is what YOU attached to it, but it misses the mark for a lot of others in this city. It’s a generic name attached to generic ass logos and unis with no history of anything behind them but failure….& controversy. Can’t really blame McNair for starting out with it, he was trying not to offend anyone & was drawing off of what this town last was when the Oilers were here & successful…but more importantly he was trying to recapture some of those older luv ya blue football fans while also attempting to craft an identity apart from the cowboys and draw in new young fans….I get it. But as time wore on, it’s pretty clear who they tailored their marketing to. whether u agree or not, well, I could give a ****, it is what it is. That “football time in Houston” song by Clay Walker really says it all. Tell me, What particular group of people mostly listen to Clay Walker sir?

Fact is, in a city of 4-5 million people, Not everyone relates to that rodeo, yellowstone-esque ****. But just in case you hadn’t heard, there’s a team up I-10 who has the market cornered on that cowboy-western culture type ****.

Furthermore, The unis are supposed to represent HOUSTON….as in the city itself…. not the state of Texas or “Texas pride” or whatever crap you were spewing. You said it yourself, those “plain” ass uniforms…well, they just don’t do it. What’s also clear: a swath of HOUSTONIANS and TEXANS FANS that participated in this ordeal asked the FO to change it up. So they listened.

U might need to get out and drive around Houston a little bit.

Last edited:
One could argue that OG logo (which just to make sure everyone is aware, hasn't changed) doesn't represent any of that either:
Oil and gas/energy? NO
NASA? NO
Western/cowboy culture? Sure, I'll give you this one, but it's about a tenuous as the Cowboys, the Spurs, the Rangers and the Mavericks

It doesn't even matter, not white people approved, it sucks, 👎 I'll vouch for perceived white man.. That helmet looks like my 8th grader vomited up his passing grade science project. The helmet absolutely sucks, but as a parent you want to feel like he did a good job

Oil and gas/energy? NO
NASA? NO
Yup..

IMG_0507.jpeg

IMG_0508.jpeg

White has already been confirmed …but if these are indeed the combos, I’m cool..they look nice imo..changed it up just enough. The red in these pics looks orange probably b/c of the light in the room…

Back