Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans New Uniforms will debut at Draft.

It's ridiculous that the teaser uni change was announced 1 year ago..........and then all this mysterious buildup. Marketing hype still remains too much of the Texans organization. They create hype that they seldom themselves believe. Good teams don't need to rely heavily on gaining interest with gimicky techniques........they quietly build an assassin's roster.
The Cowboys and Jerry Jones, who for decades have been nothing but hype, approve this message.
In this instance I see it as because of the “H-town Blue”. Even though it’s not to be as a primary color and only an accent, sports department stores around Houston have been told to take down all Oilers apparel as it gets closer to the uniform release date. For example, you could put the battle red on a jacket with the light blue running down the zipper and around the neck and it will sell bigly. This is the primary draw and reason for the mystery it seems like.

Also, and just my opinion here, what Amy Adams and the stinkbreds in Tennessee did with the Oilers throwbacks this past season against the Texans, even down to the Bum Phillips hat, seems like part of this is why the Texans want this to be a whole production.

Last edited:
I'm not expecting much to be honest. a little stripe here that wasn't there before, a few changes to the shape of the stripe there...maybe a little outline on the numbers...I don't see the conservative Texans org going too crazy. I just hope they leave the columbia blue out..The Oilers are gone, let that **** die folks.

In this instance I see it as because of the “H-town Blue”. Even though it’s not to be as a primary color and only an accent, sports department stores around Houston have been told to take down all Oilers apparel as it gets closer to the uniform release date. For example, you could put the battle red on a jacket with the light blue running down the zipper and around the neck and it will sell bigly. This is the primary draw and reason for the mystery it seems like.

Also, and just my opinion here, what Amy Adams and the stinkbreds in Tennessee did with the Oilers throwbacks this past season against the Texans, even down to the Bum Phillips hat, seems like part of this is why the Texans want this to be a whole production.
Unfortunately, the Oilers left and their colors are now a Tacks thing. We can remember the Oilers with great fondness, but mixing the old with the new in this case is something that will only diminish the building of the Texans own promising identity.

Unfortunately, the Oilers left and their colors are now a Tacks thing. We can remember the Oilers with great fondness, but mixing the old with the new in this case is something that will only diminish the building of the Texans own promising identity.

Agreed. Eff them Oilers!

Oilers. Nostalgia. It just happens. I don't think the Texans are going to look like the Oilers with the new uniforms, they want their own identity.

While I know this doesn’t matter as long as they win, I’m a little disappointed after listening to Landry Locker just now. He said that there is one uniform out of the (new) four that is just awful, and it ain’t the one that was leaked. Lawd hammercy. I can only imagine what it looks like. Say what you will about the original uniforms but none of them were awful. Gonna be an interesting next couple of weeks.

Ultimately, people's views of uniforms are about how you perform in them. Some people like the original Tampa uniforms, but for others that just reminds them of bad times.

There are certain things I love about the current uniforms. Red photographs well and looks good when everyone wears them, Blue is easiest to wear, White well, you need a white uni, and the new one they previewed look solid.

The most important thing to me is that, based on public information, none of the uniforms will resemble anything like TN. That when you look at them from afar, nobody will think it is some fakeass Oiler cosplay. And that all of them are refreshed in a way that makes them a little um harder. That is fine by me.

That we have a nu uni for the DeMeco era is great. That they tried to make fans happy about it, and I won't take that for granted because some teams do not care about that at all. That is Bud's legacy of crapping on fans.

Fan's feelz and crying about unis, well, I can do without. Not a great vibe. There is nothing worse than a bunch of sports talk dudes talking about clothes, no offense ahahahah

Fan's feelz and crying about unis, well, I can do without. Not a great vibe. There is nothing worse than a bunch of sports talk dudes talking about clothes, no offense ahahahah

The Texans org has made such a big deal about it that they make dudes talk about the uniforms. If they didn’t want us talking about it then why wait for a big draft day reveal? Marketing. To get people talking about the Texans.

Seems contradictory and that there is an objective about just creating a positive vibe with no criticism.

Texans can’t control opinions. They got to take the negative with the positive. Especially when they are marketing a product the way the Texans have.

The Texans org has made such a big deal about it that they make dudes talk about the uniforms.
Dude, if the Texans are holding a knife at your neck to make you talk about uniforms, just nod your head.

images

Whoops, my bad.

They won’t look like them. However the color is an accent color and is very similar.
Were you part of the select group that got a sneak peek? If so, What in tarnation is the color scheme with the H-Town Blue “accent?” Is it a just white jersey with the H-Town blue outline around the numbers? Or, is it a completely different color scheme but had the H-Town Blue outline thrown in there? I have a feeling that the marketing team screwed it up and people will wish they could go back to the original uniforms. I guess we shall see come Tuesday.

Last edited:
I believe it's one of three schemes.

Pretty sure it's one of four. Home, away, Houston blue and the so called tough black version

Got this from an email they've sent me....& probably everyone on this website lol. Apparently here they are including our current jerseys as the "traditional & classic" for a 4th. the "h-town and tough" is also not new. So really there's only going to be 2 new uniforms, 1 of which we've already seen ..i'm guessing that one is the "traditional but modernized" one. So the only 1 left is this "bold bull" one.

Capture.PNG

Got this from an email they've sent me....& probably everyone on this website lol. Apparently here they are including our current jerseys as the "traditional & classic" for a 4th. the "h-town and tough" is also not new. So really there's only going to be 2 new uniforms, 1 of which we've already seen ..i'm guessing that one is the "traditional but modernized" one. So the only 1 left is this "bold bull" one.

View attachment 13973
Saw that earlier as well. The “H-Town” looks to be a white jersey with H-Town blue numbers? I wonder what the helmet color for that will be? I hope it’s not the damn red one! Doug said that we’re suppose to get 4 new unis though, so 2 doesn’t make sense.

See i like the red helmets...but i'd REALLY like it if they debuted that white jerseys with the "h-town blue" with white Texans helmets like the one Bob McNair had when we officially got the team. That would bring some elements of those old Oiler unis back to Houston without expressly infringing on the Oilers crap & triggering Adams-Skunk to file a lawsuit.

1713205063426.png ...1713205093084.png

Too much h-town blue...need to balance that out with some white. Also not feeling the cholo font that the "H" is in...I'm seeing that too much in all these promos for the new unis.....................which tells me that design has some legs & we might actually see that ****.......:hankpalm:
Right? I don’t know where and how the fans were selected for this, but it looks like they hand picked the ghettoest MFrs to come in and tell them what they wanted. The shirts with lowriders and the cars with those ridiculous rims that stick out about a foot says it all! Who actually likes that s***? That is not an accurate representation of Houstonians whatsoever! Sorry not sorry!

I might be the only Houston sports fan who thing the Space City uni's are just not that great. Should have used the silver suits from the Gemini/Apollo days as inspiration.

I might be the only Houston sports fan who thing the Space City uni's are just not that great. Should have used the silver suits from the Gemini/Apollo days as inspiration.

You’re not the only one. I mean, I don’t dislike them, they just don’t say Astros to me. At least they did keep them orange and blue though. Have you seen the Red Sox city editions?

I’m also getting tired of the thousand different uni combos that everybody is doing. You’re scrolling through, see a game on or you’re looking at highlights and you have no idea who’s playing. Get a damn uni that gives you an identity and freaking roll with it already.

Of course people keep throwing their money at these billionaires buying up any stupid shit they put out, so there’s that.

Right? I don’t know where and how the fans were selected for this, but it looks like they hand picked the ghettoest MFrs to come in and tell them what they wanted. The shirts with lowriders and the cars with those ridiculous rims that stick out about a foot says it all! Who actually likes that s***? That is not an accurate representation of Houstonians whatsoever! Sorry not sorry!
:backsout:

While the low riders and rims are not my style… they -are- a significant cultural representation of what makes Houston Houston… and I like them just fine.

You watch too many movies. Try going outside. Especially at night. You’ll see them all parked at the clubs.

*shrugs*
Wrong! I literally watch zero movies or TV. If I do watch TV it’s sports. Not my thing. I honestly didn’t even know that bs was a thing here. I’ve gotten to numerous bars/clubs and I’ve only either seen corvettes (old to new) challengers (skat packs, demons, etc) or classics. I guess it depends what side of town you live in?

Wrong! I literally watch zero movies or TV. If I do watch TV it’s sports. Not my thing. I honestly didn’t even know that bs was a thing here. I’ve gotten to numerous bars/clubs and I’ve only either seen corvettes (old to new) challengers (skat packs, demons, etc) or classics. I guess it depends what side of town you live in?
I have been to a lot of clubs, all kinds. Never did I go to one where the parking lot was full of lowriders. I also do a LOT of driving at night.. can't remember the last time I saw a "lowrider". Maybe a dropped truck here and there, but it's not prevalent or anything widespread.

Back