Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans New Uniforms will debut at Draft.

I guess my perspective is different as I was a valet attendant at these clubs for years. Namely Rehab/Pink Monkey, TOC Bar, and the one on the side of the two on Franklin… sky something. Heaps of low riders and protruding rims.

Ya, SLAB culture is literally a Houston specific thing..
"Slab culture" started in Houston in the 1980s. How many slabbed cars do you see rolling down the road here today vs LA? It's Houston specific yet it's hardly seen as much anymore..

Inflation could have something to do with that?.. who has extra money to customize cars these days. I mean they could've easily put up a Ford F-150. I see a lot more of those driven by everyone than lowriders..

Last edited:
Hating on snow cones and Dracula in one sentence has to be some kind of world record. I'll forward this to Ripley's.
Seriously, what are you hearing in Houston about that uniform? Right in the heart of Texas independence toxic tropical blue means something? That H is pathetic and is sized for Spaceball’s Dark Helmet with a creepy letter style. Look how small it makes CJ’s head look. I’m being honest, that look is irritating and an insult to fans.

Seriously, what are you hearing in Houston about that uniform? Right in the heart of Texas independence toxic tropical blue means something? That H is pathetic and is sized for Spaceball’s Dark Helmet with a creepy letter style. Look how small it makes CJ’s head look. I’m being honest, that look is irritating and an insult to fans.
I don't know if that picture is actually real. I'm not on the fan council. And my experience is that you can't believe everything you see on the internet. We will all know when...the draft party? I can't remember.

Right? I don’t know where and how the fans were selected for this, but it looks like they hand picked the ghettoest MFrs to come in and tell them what they wanted. The shirts with lowriders and the cars with those ridiculous rims that stick out about a foot says it all! Who actually likes that s***? That is not an accurate representation of Houstonians whatsoever! Sorry not sorry!

Missed the dingleberries across the top of the face-mask in lieu of a screen.

Also, I could get behind the optional look, if the Texans decide to promote a $2 Tamale game instead of Hot Dogs when the uni’s are worn.

Last edited:
Also, I could get behind the optional look, if the Texans decide to promote a $2 Tamale game...
I am totally for $2 tamales. Just not sure how the McNairs will make enough off of that and still afford CJ's next contract. I'll just do my part and keep eating the $25 chicken tenders.

Last edited:
I guess my perspective is different as I was a valet attendant at these clubs for years. Namely Rehab/Pink Monkey, TOC Bar, and the one on the side of the two on Franklin… sky something. Heaps of low riders and protruding rims.

Pink Monkey was the worst club I've ever been to.

Pink Monkey was the worst club I've ever been to.
Yeah it’s rough but incredibly popular. It brought all the superstars. Cuttino Mobley, Paul Wall/Mike Jones, Scarface, etc were regulars. I even parked VY’s powder blue Avalanche popular. This was a few days after the draft.the truck has like less than 200 miles on it and the interior was embroidered VY 10.

but yeah… rough area for sure. I can count on -two- hands the number of people I’ve seen killed by the police around there over the years.

Lol.

Right? I don’t know where and how the fans were selected for this, but it looks like they hand picked the ghettoest MFrs to come in and tell them what they wanted. The shirts with lowriders and the cars with those ridiculous rims that stick out about a foot says it all! Who actually likes that s***? That is not an accurate representation of Houstonians whatsoever! Sorry not sorry!

Know your target audience. Who spends money on hats and jerseys accessorizing? It may not be the customer going to games on the weekends. But both are revenue sources. The one going to games may prefer the more traditional styling which is ok. But the customers who aren’t going to games but are buying the different style hats and jerseys when they come out aren’t going to be passed up. And they may prefer an alternative styling. And that’s good for them. To each their own.

And that’s why you have the buildup from the Texans and why they have asked the fan council to pump up the reveal and try to color everything in a positive light. The radio broadcasters said as much. When the jerseys were leaked the radio stations were getting tired of talking about out the jersey reveal. It has been a coordinated effort from the Texans, fan council and media.

Sky bar? Yeah it, rehab & Toc bar were my spots back in the day….but when I was going, there was no valet so…..I’m old..

Last edited:

Haven't heard the name TOK in a while.
Do you know Ian Chrisman?

He was the owner or one of them if there was a group.
Mmmmm not to my recollection. The owner was named Dan. I don’t think he co-owned it with anybody but I don’t really know. I do know that a guy named Chris owned The Pink Monkey while Dan owned TOC bar.

Can we use the word ghetto to describe the Texans new diggs? David from the Ghetto reference?

Of course they quit marketing to fans my age yrs ago.

They need to put blunts to make the H on one side of the helmet and tacos on the other side if they really want to sell to their target audience.

I'm so glad I quit wasting my money on this crap.

Last edited:
I’ve been wanting them to change it up with the unis for a minute….at the very least give us some alternates that have a little more to them than the bland Texans jerseys.

I like the modern update of the one we’ve seen…I think that was tastefully done. This “bold bull” alternate tho?…..I’m thinking I’m not gonna like that one. I’m ok with a little “hood” elements to them…but everything I’m seeing has me thinking it’s gonna be too much hood/oiler in it.

I’ve been wanting them to change it up with the unis for a minute….at the very least give us some alternates that have a little more to them than the bland Texans jerseys.

I like the modern update of the one we’ve seen…I think that was tastefully done. This “bold bull” alternate tho?…..I’m thinking I’m not gonna like that one. I’m ok with a little “hood” elements to them…but everything I’m seeing has me thinking it’s gonna be too much hood/oiler in it.
Hood is a racist term

David from the Ghetto?

The Texans are not going to be sporting columbia blue uniforms, you can forget about that. Which doesn't mean they won't sneak in a bit of that color on some accents like stripes or shoes. I think of yall need to quit taking those paranoid pills. LOL

I do leave open the possibility of a "Houston Blue" uniform as an alternate though, they might just do that just to piss off Tennessee. And some of yall. :)

Nostalgia sells and our marketing team that also has a football franchise is well aware of that.

Yes, nothing screams the state of Texas like low riders and rims culture, and bright all red everything uniforms and a gay ass matching red helmet, put an arrowhead on the **** and move to KC. 😂 I had another person on another forum try to point out that was a Houston thing who gives a ****? We are the Texans, wear the state flag and it’s colors like we have been. I don’t know anybody that drives a low rider everybody drives trucks, THAT is Texas

Yes, nothing screams the state of Texas like low riders and rims culture, and bright all red everything uniforms 😂 I had another person on another forum try to point out that was a Houston thing who gives a ****? We are the Texans, wear the state flag and it’s colors like we have been.
Fun fact, of all the pro and D1 college teams in the state only 2 wear the state flag colors in their uniforms, the Rangers and the Texans. Personally, I'm all for moving away from trying to represent the whole state and representing Houston more.

Yes, nothing screams the state of Texas like low riders and rims culture, and bright all red everything uniforms and a gay ass matching red helmet, put an arrowhead on the **** and move to KC. 😂 I had another person on another forum try to point out that was a Houston thing who gives a ****? We are the Texans, wear the state flag and it’s colors like we have been. I don’t know anybody that drives a low rider everybody drives trucks, THAT is Texas
Lots of stereotypes in this post

You will have people who love or hate the uniforms. I do find it hilarious I have seen people so upset about the Old English font, that they are correlating that to certain stereotypes and forget that the font is found on Bachelor’s/Master’s Degrees for example.

Really good point….i cancel myself & rescind my hatred of the font..

God that font is awful. I guess we’re thr Houston Titan Owls? Lol

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I actually wish they would have gone with that ugly H in the gear they were already selling the past couple of seasons. Or, that Cal bought the Roughnecks logo from the UFL/XFL.

I’m sure I’ll forget all about this new uniform color scheme rebrand bs if we make it to the Super Bowl though. All will be forgotten and forgiven.

Back