Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans New Uniforms will debut at Draft.

After this year and seeing them again on the Titans I'm fine if they leave Columbia blue off of them entirely. I want no part of it after all these years. Since it doesn't appear that they'll be putting it (as an accent color) on everything I guess it looks like there might be some options for those who don't want to get any closer to "Oiler's Karma" than absolutely necessary.

Forever to be known as "Buck-Fud-Blue"

After this year and seeing them again on the Titans I'm fine if they leave Columbia blue off of them entirely. I want no part of it after all these years. Since it doesn't appear that they'll be putting it (as an accent color) on everything I guess it looks like there might be some options for those who don't want to get any closer to "Oiler's Karma" than absolutely necessary.

This 100%.

After the Tits wearing them and losing in classic Oilers fashion, I don't want anything to do with ancient history, football demon curses, or those former team colors. I'm a TEXAN.

The Houston Oilers are dead. Now we see the Tennessee Titans dry humping the corpse and acting like fools about it.

But money talks, and the McNairs always listen.

I won't be spending any of my hard earned money on any of it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I agree, but then there's also a part of me that's like "F y'all, we are taking out color back"

Whatever colors Hannah and the fan council decide are fine by me. They’re on a roll.

Play in and win some AFCCGs and SBs and I really don’t care what they wear.

Of course I say that knowing full well how bad those Roughnecks unis were last year. That was a hard watch even if I did only see a couple of those games.

Our jerseys are perfect as is. Really dumb.

Any time jerseys get redesigned they almost always come out uglier, more cartoony and clown-ish. I have a feeling we will lose our sharp, clean look.

Why not "establish the brand identity" with what we got with the new era going forward. Liberty White. Steel Blue. Battle Red. Perfect shades, really. I like our font, style, and everything. I definitely believe our jerseys are the most underrated in football, and that's looking through an unbiased lens. That stupid Oiler Blue has no ******* business on our uniforms or as part of our color scheme even as an accent. I don't want to look like the Seahawks with their dumb accents.

I don't know. I do not like this at all.

Point of note on the Seattle Seahawks uniforms @TheMatrix31 Those "dumb" accents are feathers that represent the Native Tribes in the area that the team supports. Of significance is that each leg and each side of the collar of the jersey has 12 feathers. Those 12 feathers represent our 12th Man. And before you get your boxers in a wad, back in the day, Seattle Seahawks (aka Paul Allen) paid a huge "donation" to Texas A&M to utilize the 12th Man.

As for changing the Texans uniforms and colors, I'm not a fan of incorporating the H-Town Blue. But they didn't ask me. I like the current color palette. Don't fix what ain't broken. But Red, White and Blue are the colors of a lot of teams. Side note: Something tells me the metallic Red Helmets will become more of a fixture. But that's just a vibe I'm feeling.

Got to say I am glad they are leaving the logo alone, mainly because I am fearful of what the new one would be. Same with the name.

As for the uni's, as long as there are not boringly bland I'll be good with it. And heaven forbid they repeat the "collar" mistake of the early ones.

Point of note on the Seattle Seahawks uniforms @TheMatrix31 Those "dumb" accents are feathers that represent the Native Tribes in the area that the team supports. Of significance is that each leg and each side of the collar of the jersey has 12 feathers. Those 12 feathers represent our 12th Man. And before you get your boxers in a wad, back in the day, Seattle Seahawks (aka Paul Allen) paid a huge "donation" to Texas A&M to utilize the 12th Man.

As for changing the Texans uniforms and colors, I'm not a fan of incorporating the H-Town Blue. But they didn't ask me. I like the current color palette. Don't fix what ain't broken. But Red, White and Blue are the colors of a lot of teams. Side note: Something tells me the metallic Red Helmets will become more of a fixture. But that's just a vibe I'm feeling.

That's all fine and dandy. Still ugly and obnoxious with the highlighter and whatnot.

Same with other teams and some of the other overbearing stuff they do. Atlanta with their dumb "ATL" crap. Lotta ugly to go around the league.

I like the red helmets but I like them as "special occasion" things. Especially since we've always used the red as "special occasion" stuff. No reason to change that or make it less special by using it more.

This 100%.

After the Tits wearing them and losing in classic Oilers fashion, I don't want anything to do with ancient history, football demon curses, or those former team colors. I'm a TEXAN.

The Houston Oilers are dead. Now we see the Tennessee Titans dry humping the corpse and acting like fools about it.

But money talks, and the McNairs always listen.

I won't be spending any of my hard earned money on any of it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Perfectly said. I don't understand the fascination with Columbia blue. The only "happy" memories from the Oilers, for me, are from the Luv Ya Blue era.

This is a troublesome subject with folks getting their panties in a wad over it. I like it. LOL

lol Better than the NSZ. :spin:

Like Speedy said, win something significant and they could make pink their primary color if a SB trophy is involved.

Reactions: JB
It's been 20 years. 20 years.

Yeah I know. What about it? How long has Green Bay been in basically the same gear? Pittsburgh? I'm 58 years old and I've been looking at the Cowboys silver and white uniforms for pretty much all of it. I get it if you don't much care about the current ones. That's fine. I have a different opinion that's all. 20 years isn't really all that long a time to me.

Yeah I know. What about it? How long has Green Bay been in basically the same gear? Pittsburgh? I'm 58 years old and I've been looking at the Cowboys silver and white uniforms for pretty much all of it. I get it if you don't much care about the current ones. That's fine. I have a different opinion that's all. 20 years isn't really all that long a time to me.
I like the current ones.

I hear you. GB, Pittsburgh, Cowboys have basically been the same, but they haven't been the same.

To be fair, you are talking about some of the most historic teams in the sport. History of achievement goes a long way in shaping the opinion of a jersey. Plenty of teams have updated/changed in the last 20 years.

Watching the team play in the jerseys yesterday really drove home how bad...dated...bland the current uni is. The color rush is great, the red ok but the other options are just generic. And nothing has ever been achieved in them.

giphy.gif

A tease of the "blue highlight"? Seen on KPRC 2's FB page today.....

View attachment 13506
I don’t see royal blue being added to deep steel blue and battle red. That honestly looks just like any other sweater you can find at Target right now. But then again, none of us know what the new combinations will be. I can’t wait to see what combo they go with for the H-Town Blue theme!

Will be perfectly honest and say our current uniforms suck ass and always have. Even a red and blue trashbag will be an improvement.

Always felt like we got the best uniform in the NFL but I'm always pretty in love with the Texas flag, actually think that should be put somewhere on the uniform or the pants, more Texas flags on the gear. Other than that don't touch my uniforms youre ******* with my team, just because we went through some down times you had people crying on twitter about how boring our unis and name are and it's like get lost, I don't get that. Tough times don't last and I love my team, get rid of those red pants. I don't like the red helmet but all of my family seem to love it so I'll allow it.

Stroud makes our uniforms and helmet look good, was thinking that during the Browns playoff game the man had some Mark Bavaro type swagger where it's like he looked good doing it. It's been fun to watch him grow up through the season he carries himself a little different now on the field compared to the start of the year.

Back