Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans New Uniforms will debut at Draft.

The media is speculating really hard on the Texans new uniforms. Like last year’s draft, I don’t think there’s been any real leaked information. Everyone (Cal, Hannah, Caserio, and Ryans) who really needs to know and the marketing department are the one’s with the true secret of what the new uniforms are going to look like. As for the photos circulating around….that’s too easy for some to create fake news for hits. Let’s see what the team has planned tomorrow night….it’s pretty exciting.

The media is speculating really hard on the Texans new uniforms. Like last year’s draft, I don’t think there’s been any real leaked information. Everyone (Cal, Hannah, Caserio, and Ryans) who really needs to know and the marketing department are the one’s with the true secret of what the new uniforms are going to look like. As for the photos circulating around….that’s too easy for some to create fake news for hits. Let’s see what the team has planned tomorrow night….it’s pretty exciting.
Agreed

But you get excited over the new uniforms marketing for dollars bs?

Am I the only one here that actually likes their alternate helmet with the old English "H"? :lol:

There are dozens of you guys.

Dozens…

giphy.gif

That's what you get when you leave things up to a select group of fans whose only taste resides in their mouths. :mcnugget:
I am on the Fan Council. They put out surveys to everyone about the redesign. Did you offer your feedback? Thousands of fans did per their uni video.

Will tell you everybody on the Fan Council really tries hard to represent all of our interests. They are really good people because there are tons of really good people who are Texans.

As public info has already shared, nobody, including the McNairs, had full control over the outcome of the unis.

The most fascinating part of the process was finding out how many hoops they had to jump through to get this done quickly. Nike, NFL, and just laws in general governed what they could or could not do. Lots of guidelines as to what is allowable, the sorts of things that stop you from doing a uni that looks like it is from the 40s for example.

I know about as much of this process as anyone on the planet who didn't directly work on it. "A select group of fans" did not drive this process. And, respectfully, I am not good with any fan-on-fan disparagement.

If I come across as a little overly direct on this, it is because it TOTALLY SUCKS to try to be helpful and have strangers crap on you about it. I reluctantly became a semi-public figure to try to help as I can with my time, talents and money, often at great expense to me, and much more often than not, I am glad I did it.

And I know casual statements like this are not really thought much before they are typed, but IT GETS OLD.

Are the final designs the ones that I would likely choose if I had full control over everything? Probably not. They are likely better because uni design is hard to do well within the rules that are put forth by Nike, NFL, etc and try to satisfy a lot of different people.

So, in other words, I would like an apology. Not sure why you would send a stray my way CND. You shouldn't do other fans like that imo.

And for real, if you like or dislike anything the Texans do or their processes, hit up their fan feedback email. Please nice because a nice person directs them. But don't slag the Fan Council people because they are really nice.

:texans chick:

I am on the Fan Council. They put out surveys to everyone about the redesign. Did you offer your feedback? Thousands of fans did per their uni video.

Will tell you everybody on the Fan Council really tries hard to represent all of our interests. They are really good people because there are tons of really good people who are Texans.

As public info has already shared, nobody, including the McNairs, had full control over the outcome of the unis.

The most fascinating part of the process was finding out how many hoops they had to jump through to get this done quickly. Nike, NFL, and just laws in general governed what they could or could not do. Lots of guidelines as to what is allowable, the sorts of things that stop you from doing a uni that looks like it is from the 40s for example.

I know about as much of this process as anyone on the planet who didn't directly work on it. "A select group of fans" did not drive this process. And, respectfully, I am not good with any fan-on-fan disparagement.

If I come across as a little overly direct on this, it is because it TOTALLY SUCKS to try to be helpful and have strangers crap on you about it. I reluctantly became a semi-public figure to try to help as I can with my time, talents and money, often at great expense to me, and much more often than not, I am glad I did it.

And I know casual statements like this are not really thought much before they are typed, but IT GETS OLD.

Are the final designs the ones that I would likely choose if I had full control over everything? Probably not. They are likely better because uni design is hard to do well within the rules that are put forth by Nike, NFL, etc and try to satisfy a lot of different people.

So, in other words, I would like an apology. Not sure why you would send a stray my way CND. You shouldn't do other fans like that imo.

And for real, if you like or dislike anything the Texans do or their processes, hit up their fan feedback email. Please nice because a nice person directs them. But don't slag the Fan Council people because they are really nice.

:texans chick:
Everyone on here loves your feedback and the information you share. I not once seen anyone give you any type of pushback on the information you blesses us with.

Thanks for the info as usual.

Listen to Hannah here folk. She explains what that color meant to Houston.

Those who know me know that I FULLY know what that color means and how Tennessee thought about the Oiler name back in the day. It made no sense. Still doesn't.

The feeling about that is personal to individuals based on their life experiences.

This is what I put on FB about that alt uniform:

"What I would suggest to you is this. Wait for the whole look. Consider it. See what it looks like when the team wears it. For games. Maybe it grows on you when they use it to honor plavers of pre Texans times or they crush fools wearing them.

I love the OG Rockets looks solely due to how they played in them.

I will tell you my understanding from public sources is that the Titans hate hate hate the entire look. So, maybe when you see it, you might think of it as the H-Town fit if you want to be positive, or the F the Titans if you are being very real. They couldn't stop it, they own the Oilers IP but have used it in cursed ways because the word Titans is very cursed in many ways. Our football and city legacy has always been great when we get on the same page and work together and have fun, and sorry when we fuss over things that are ego and money and hurt each other. And maybe that is what H-Town Blue really means."

The Texans over many years have honored former Oilers players. And I know the hurt those players have where they don't really feel like they belong. The intention is to honor those players because they were hurt more than anyone playing for a team that no longer exists. Like for example, I did an interview with Dr. Doom years ago before he was in the hall. Big dude, looked like he could still play. And it was painful for him to talk about. That some people want an H-Town blue detail to honor those guys, I am good with it. I saw that fully when I went to a Texas Bowl where there were some Oilers players, and they were wearing that H mockup.

My feelings about the Texans unis over the years evolved. Grew fond of the red because it was special and it photographed well and they often played well in them. Then when Traveling Texans wore that color to be seen by the team, that was good memories too. I just want good football and good times.

It is ok to be happy. Really :)

P.S. Dudes talking about fashion really is the worst sort of football talk, like I hate it more than I hate talking about the first pick in the draft, which is something I hate with the fire of a thousand suns.

P.S.S. Yes I am aware that this is the topic of this thread and am enduring it because I do not like fans to be slagged for things they did not do or for people to be mad at ghosts and rumors.

I will tell you my understanding from public sources is that the Titans hate hate hate the entire look.

I'm not the biggest fan of the "H" Helmet...I just don't like the undertones of a lot of the things that have been said in this thread.

But really, uniforms in general I don't really care much about.

That said, if the Titans hate what we are doing then I LOVE what we are doing and these might just be the best uniforms ever.

I don’t care one way or the other, I just think it doesn’t pop very well off the dark blue helmet. The H probably should have been white or the helmet a different color.

I am hoping we are getting trolled and the helmet is white.

Those who know me know that I FULLY know what that color means and how Tennessee thought about the Oiler name back in the day. It made no sense. Still doesn't.

The feeling about that is personal to individuals based on their life experiences.

This is what I put on FB about that alt uniform:

"What I would suggest to you is this. Wait for the whole look. Consider it. See what it looks like when the team wears it. For games. Maybe it grows on you when they use it to honor plavers of pre Texans times or they crush fools wearing them.

I love the OG Rockets looks solely due to how they played in them.

I will tell you my understanding from public sources is that the Titans hate hate hate the entire look. So, maybe when you see it, you might think of it as the H-Town fit if you want to be positive, or the F the Titans if you are being very real. They couldn't stop it, they own the Oilers IP but have used it in cursed ways because the word Titans is very cursed in many ways. Our football and city legacy has always been great when we get on the same page and work together and have fun, and sorry when we fuss over things that are ego and money and hurt each other. And maybe that is what H-Town Blue really means."

The Texans over many years have honored former Oilers players. And I know the hurt those players have where they don't really feel like they belong. The intention is to honor those players because they were hurt more than anyone playing for a team that no longer exists. Like for example, I did an interview with Dr. Doom years ago before he was in the hall. Big dude, looked like he could still play. And it was painful for him to talk about. That some people want an H-Town blue detail to honor those guys, I am good with it. I saw that fully when I went to a Texas Bowl where there were some Oilers players, and they were wearing that H mockup.

My feelings about the Texans unis over the years evolved. Grew fond of the red because it was special and it photographed well and they often played well in them. Then when Traveling Texans wore that color to be seen by the team, that was good memories too. I just want good football and good times.

It is ok to be happy. Really :)

P.S. Dudes talking about fashion really is the worst sort of football talk, like I hate it more than I hate talking about the first pick in the draft, which is something I hate with the fire of a thousand suns.

P.S.S. Yes I am aware that this is the topic of this thread and am enduring it because I do not like fans to be slagged for things they did not do or for people to be mad at ghosts and rumors.
I’m very surprised that the Texans were even allowed for the alternate logo to look how it is now. I think a lot of people are going to love it.

This is sports and business. It's Branding not fashion. Men can talk about branding.😉. In truth I'm not too concerned one way or the other about the new unis. I remember that I didn't care much for the original but it grew on me to the point where I like them now. I recon the same will happen with new ones too.

Last edited:
Sorry you have taken my comment so personally, and have felt the need to specifically call me out. Over the years, I have been personally targeted with much worse.........and have not received or asked for an apology. I have always respected your takes. But that does not mean that I have to accept the concept and opinions of The Fan Council without question.

Are the Texans the last team to introduce their new uniforms this year?

If any team should make a move to a retro look….it should be the Patriots. No sense in destroying what the current logo, look, and Brady era represents, since the current team is performing more along the lines of the old “Pat Patriot” look. At least the fans would like the new retro look.

Personally, I like the red helmets over the dark blue helmets. There are so many dark blue, black helmets in the league and their is currently only one red helmet in the league.
The dark blue and black helmets that are practically the same color: Seahawks, Bears, Ravens, Titans, Texans, Falcons, Jaguars, Steelers, Broncos
Red helmets: Chiefs

Red is the most dominant color but only one team uses it. Texans need to join the ranks of the red.

A well intentioned committee is still a committee. It's rare that a committee produces something that pleases everyone. When it happens it's a minor miracle.

In the end it doesn't matter. This collection of looks won't be around all that long anyway if the NFL leans into the same pattern of constantly changing/tweaking the teams looks for merchandise sales like the NCAA and every other sport has started to do. These don't exist because there's something wrong with the original colors/logo and they don't exist because fans just gotta have their "H-Town Blue (TM)". They exist because teams want to sell more stuff and NFL owners like money

i-like-money-frito.gif

No worries. We'll be bitching about something else soon enough.

A well intentioned committee is still a committee. It's rare that a committee produces something that pleases everyone. When it happens it's a minor miracle.

In the end it doesn't matter. This collection of looks won't be around all that long anyway if the NFL leans into the same pattern of constantly changing/tweaking the teams looks for merchandise sales like the NCAA and every other sport has started to do. These don't exist because there's something wrong with the original colors/logo and they don't exist because fans just gotta have their "H-Town Blue (TM)". They exist because teams want to sell more stuff and NFL owners like money

View attachment 14044

I’ll just add if anyone feels the need to ***** about something worthwhile, the Astros 2024 season thread is open.

View attachment 14044

Better than bitchin about a crappy ass team!

I thought that the H-town blue color was just about the Oilers which is why i was so against it, but i personally learned alot from this article. Things that you see or saw around Houston & thought nothing of them....Makes sense to me now why that color was a must have in the new unis. Good on Cal & Hannah to recognize that & to make sure its included.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...rigin-texans-new-uniforms-oilers-19415549.php

The font used for the numbers is butt ugly. I'll wait to see all of the various styles and colors and helmets before making a final conclusion. I know you won't please everyone no matter what.

The font used for the numbers is butt ugly. I'll wait to see all of the various styles and colors and helmets before making a final conclusion. I know you won't please everyone no matter what.
Opinion on the font aside, at least it's different from the rest of the league

Back