Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans 2022 Free Agency Thread

He's only had one good year... his first here.

The second year, maybe he got to full of himself & Culley/Kelly were trying to fix that character flaw... & the constant losing... & the Watson drama.... & suspending good players for no reason.... & trading the few productive players we had...

He's getting another "prove it" year from Nick. Maybe Nick knows a lot of his faults weren't all his fault.

So these are the reasons he was bad at his job? If so he's a weak individual who doesn't need to be on the team.

Don't know how many former Texans have been signed yet
I consider this a big loss. Martin was the only good thing to come out of the Clowney trade and was a big contributor. He will be missed.

He's only had one good year... his first here.

The second year, maybe he got to full of himself & Culley/Kelly were trying to fix that character flaw... & the constant losing... & the Watson drama.... & suspending good players for no reason.... & trading the few productive players we had...

He's getting another "prove it" year from Nick. Maybe Nick knows a lot of his faults weren't all his fault.
I expect it is more a case of getting another prove it year from Pep. If Pep wanted him, of course Caserio would go along unless there was an opposing opinion.

We're less than 24 hours into free agency.

We're technically 24 hrs into FA. Really it's 72 hrs. I get that Lovie/Caserio's hands are tied until the Derrick deal is done. It think it will be done by Friday or Saturday. I've got very little faith in them at this point. You'e got a figurehead GM and an old man running the football opps and an 85 yr old woman and her baby Huey son running the team. Does this look like a group capable of bringing a championship to Kirby to you? Tell me why I should be optimistic even if they get a bounty for Derrick?

We're technically 24 hrs into FA. Really it's 72 hrs. I get that Lovie/Caserio's hands are tied until the Derrick deal is done. It think it will be done by Friday or Saturday. I've got very little faith in them at this point. You'e got a figurehead GM and an old man running the football opps and an 85 yr old woman and her baby Huey son running the team. Does this look like a group capable of bringing a championship to Kirby to you? Tell me why I should be optimistic even if they get a bounty for Derrick?
Why pile negativity on top of negativity? America is going down the toilet and here we are with our attention on football.

You dont need to be optimistic about our future, but you can be optimistic that soon a cancer will be removed from the team for good and instead of being left with the bill to pay, someone is paying us to take him.

Sure, the electric bill needs payin, rent is due, the wall has mold.... but soon we will be free of the biggest toxin in the body.... the future may not realistically be bright... but it IS cause for a celebration.

Sure, I for one would have preferred that body part to not become cancerous... but it did, its scheduled to be removed and for that reason... at least for a time... it calls for a celebration if we get a bounty.... knowing full well we will soon be complaining how that bounty was squandered.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then... maybe this organization trips and backflips into a vat of success rather than failure..... not holding my breath but.. it could happen.

Another mans trash is anothers treasure... maybe some FA signings become our treasure... again not holding my breath but IF I cant have the slightest glimer of pretend hope now... no way I can in pre or regular season.

Last edited:
You act as if they've re-signed every single FA from last season.
I do expect them to bring in more guys like KGH (I'm disappointed he hasn't been brought back yet).
I thought that would be the first guy they would bring back. i thought KGB might have a future with this team. instead, roster filler.

It's frustrating.
Lovie humpers
Lovie humpers vs. Caserio's cult. This is how Jack divides an organization.

:kitten:

free agency is best suited for contending teams trying to address a few, specific needs and matching competition moves in the off season. Not even the GM (Caserio) could possibly know, specifically players who fit long term. Just keep plugging away at positional value and upgrades as possible.
What about when the Bengals signed Reader? There is never a bad time to add good,young football players.

WR Cole Beasley has been released by the Bills, and S Logan Ryan has been released by the Giants. Should we go after them?

True, but they had cap space to make those moves right?
After they ditch DW4, Texans will have that ability this time.

Point is, until that move or lack thereof, it all rests with the draft, then revisit after next season to determine direction. Caserio is still making head scratching, culture building moves that really don’t move the needle from any schematic build I can see, just throwing numerous body’s at the problem hoping they fit or stay healthy.

Point is, until that move or lack thereof, it all rests with the draft, then revisit after next season to determine direction. Caserio is still making head scratching, culture building moves that really don’t move the needle from any schematic build I can see, just throwing numerous body’s at the problem hoping they fit or stay healthy.

Hopefully this yrs bounty of rookies perform well and this will make Kirby a better FA destination. Also hopefully after Derrick is traded Caserio can use that money on cheap FA's on 1-2 yr deals. There's still some good RB's/WR's out there waiting to be snatched up on cheap short term deals.

Next yr is when Caserio will finally be able to play in FA. Lets hope Calhoun lets him do his job.

What do you think he should have done?

Aside from the Eric Murray $ the contracts handed out (Terrence Brooks, King, Conley, Brown) for people that were on the team last season are not “lock them in to their roles last season.

Maliek Collins and Christian Kirksey are the ones with two year deals. They have a much better chance of making the team provided they don’t go full Zach Cunningham.

I think the one year contracts are for players that will be part of the 90 fighting to make the team. Their spots on the roster aren’t nearly as secure as last offseason. Especially once the Texans get the diva bounty and add much needed talent.

What do you think he should have done?
Don’t waste your picks. Early or late they all count. What is his vision, very Patriot lesser talented, over achieving average players? If so he is swimmingly successful. I can only take so much to a point.

Bengals are one of those contending Super Bowl teams, having almost won it all last season. Most importantly addressed interior OL Alex Cappa and Ted Karras. They knew exactly where to focus assets like a laser.
They signed Reader when they were sorry as hell. I'm saying that you shouldn't wait to have good players. If you continously signed and draft good players, your foundation is going to be better. They signed DJ and they were nowhere close to the playoffs. acquire as many good sub 27 yr old players who can be signed and play until they're 30.

Hopefully this yrs bounty of rookies perform well and this will make Kirby a better FA destination. Also hopefully after Derrick is traded Caserio can use that money on cheap FA's on 1-2 yr deals. There's still some good RB's/WR's out there waiting to be snatched up on cheap short term deals.

Next yr is when Caserio will finally be able to play in FA. Lets hope Calhoun lets him do his job.
Remember you quote about 2023

1yr 2m vs 2yr 3.5. Foreman is a much better player and can be a bellcow. Low milage
Obviously, the league (NFL) does NOT think very much of Foreman. he got 1 year deal to be essentially RB3 in Carolina. He played nicely for 3 starts with Titans and they didn't even bet a low rent contract. Still making more money in 2022 thank Dare.

Reactions: JB
They signed Reader when they were sorry as hell. I'm saying that you shouldn't wait to have good players. If you continously signed and draft good players, your foundation is going to be better. They signed DJ and they were nowhere close to the playoffs. acquire as many good sub 27 yr old players who can be signed and play until they're 30.

sure, always. remember being furious with Texans for not tendering him.

He did a decent job with a dynastic team - he had to have some input into the success there...

Ok, let’s get this out of the way, never liked the Patriots or the Patriots way, so by association, don’t like his ways.

Biggest asset for the Patriots was Tom Brady and that coaching staff, position coaches who became the best developers of talent the NFL has ever seen.

Ok, let’s get this out of the way, never liked the Patriots or the Patriots way, so by association, don’t like his ways.

Biggest asset for the Patriots was Tom Brady and that coaching staff, position coaches who became the best developers of talent the NFL has ever seen.
Correct - but was Caserio not involved with the selection of some or most of those?
Did he not do an ok job last draft with the paltry assets available to him?
Good grief man - let's let him have a decent shot with a fully loaded gun before we kick him to the kerb too!

I thought that would be the first guy they would bring back. i thought KGB might have a future with this team. instead, roster filler.

It's frustrating.

Lovie humpers vs. Caserio's cult. This is how Jack divides an organization.

:kitten:
Hmmm neither of these groups sound appealing to me.

I certainly do NOT want to hump Lovie... so.. this "cult" will they be handing out Kool-aid at their meetings? I really do prefer oreos or Reeses PB cups.

Back