Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans 2022 Free Agency Thread

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
None of that answers the question that was asked, why aren’t we bringing in guys like Dj Reader
He did bring in Lopez late from last years draft. What does that have to do with the cap?

Maybe I don't understand your question.

I will ask you again what is your vision of how the team should operate?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The only reason why we’re in the green is because Fingers boy wanted out. That alone saved the Texans a lot green to use next off-season.
True and Caserio has made the best of the finger boy situation.

Caserio knew one way or another Finger Boy wasn't going to be part of the org this yr, so cap space would be available and after next year when Mercilus/Cunningham are off the books there will be even more cap space available.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
He did bring in Lopez late from last years draft. What does that have to do with the cap?

Maybe I don't understand your question.

All I'm saying is even when the Bengals were terrible, they signed DJ Reader away from the Texans and Hendickson away from the Saints and even overpayed for Trea Wayans. In my opinion, there is never a bad time to pay for good,young football players. Amari Cooper is overpaid based on his 20m price tag, but the Browns got him for a 5th and 6th rd pick. He's still a probowl caliber wr and posters talk about given Mills weapons,and they give up 5th and 6th rd picks like condoms at the clinic, yet, he's on the Browns. If you have Cooks,Collins,and Cooper as your trio, you would be able to tell really soon if Mills is your qb or not. We all know the cap can manipulated not to mention its going up big time with the Amazon money.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Good midrange FAs, not 5th round draft picks

Maybe I don't understand your question
Wasn't my question

I've been pretty straight forward with my answers. If this is where you’re at, I'm afraid I'm arguing with the wrong person.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
All I'm saying is even when the Bengals were terrible, they signed DJ Reader away from the Texans and Hendickson away from the Saints and even overpayed for Trea Wayans. In my opinion, there is never a bad time to pay for good,young football players. Amari Cooper is overpaid based on his 20m price tag, but the Browns got him for a 5th and 6th rd pick. He's still a probowl caliber wr and posters talk about given Mills weapons,and they give up 5th and 6th rd picks like condoms at the clinic, yet, he's on the Browns. If you have Cooks,Collins,and Cooper as your trio, you would be able to tell really soon if Mills is your qb or not. We all know the cap can manipulated not to mention its going up big time with the Amazon money.
I actually agree with this.

The Calhoun's have been playing this game for almost 2 decades and have pocketed billions in the process. It's good to be the king.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
why aren’t we bringing in guys like Dj Reader
considering they have to sign their rookie class
You answered your own question. With the picks at hand, the Texans rookie pool sits at $19.5 million. The largest rookie pool in this draft (ahead of the Jets by $100k). Of course these rookies will end up replacing vets previously on the roster. So there will be additional cap space picked up then. But, not enough to go nuts in FA.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Because he's avg in every way.

I think Caserio can draft a better slot wr. Maybe even 2 later in the draft.
I took a look at low cost free agent wrs and a guy like James Washington, St. Brown all signed 1 yr, vet minimum deals. In a situation like the Texans, I wish they would've tried to sign those kind of guys with some special traits and are sub 27. Thats what I wish they could've done.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I took a look at low cost free agent wrs and a guy like James Washington, St. Brown all signed 1 yr, vet minimum deals. In a situation like the Texans, I wish they would've tried to sign those kind of guys with some special traits and are sub 27. Thats what I wish they could've done.
Me too, I suggested Washington, Ritchie James (Already signed) Trent Taylor/Jalen Hurd.

All of these guys minus Washington would be upgrades over what they had last yr in the slot. That's when Cooks wasn't playing in the slot.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I did not see this waiver wire pickup from a couple of weeks ago, but I have to congratulate Caserio on this pickup. Robinson was a 4th round pick of the Cowboys in 2020 and someone a lot of members here were very high on coming out of the draft. Didn't see much action as a rookie and was moved from CB to SS. Sat out 2021 on IR with a turf toe.

This reminds me of the Tavierre Taylor pickup from last year. Still on his rookie contract, no need to give away a draft pick. Give your coaching staff something to work with no risk.

Keep up the good work, Nick.
Tulsa 2019 senior 4INTs, 38 Ts, PBUs 13 from Cleburne, TX 4.44 forty with vertical 26 and 22X225. I'm good with it but he needs to come to play.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I can’t remember. Any RBs make it back from an Achilles?

They must be trying him out for the coaching staff

otisbean

Veteran
Contributor's Club