Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans 2022 Free Agency Thread

TexansBull

Hall of Fame

we will need a back-up QB who was not playing TE during 2021
Anyone but Fitzpatrick. He has the opposite affect on starting QBs that Tyrod Taylor has on rookie back up QBs.

Dejaview

All Pro
Looks like he is a Houstonian. Shows promise but he has an injury history. Probably why it’s a one year deal.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
It seems like they are bringing back last yrs 4-13 team.

Hate bringing back Brown.
I like Brown…. But he’s wearing on me. He had a promising looking year & a horrible looking year. I’m glad it’s only a one year deal.

I haven’t heard anything about KGH.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I like Brown…. But he’s wearing on me. He had a promising looking year & a horrible looking year. I’m glad it’s only a one year deal.

I haven’t heard anything about KGH.
Cant stand guys like Brown. Guys that only play for the money (He admitted this) and are just good enough to get you beat.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Another tank??
Looking that way.

They're still cap strapped.

Maybe not though if Caserio nails this draft and he gets a big haul for Derrick. Although 1 more down yr wouldn't be the worst outcome. Going into the 2023 offseason with another high pick and the team that trades for Derrick's picks, plus plenty of cap space after the Mercilus/Cunningham etc... contracts off of the books. Unless you think the Calhoun's can win a SB next yr?

JRingo

Rookie
Looking that way.

Maybe not though if Caserio nails this draft and he gets a big haul for Derrick. Although 1 more down yr wouldn't be the worst outcome. Going into the 2023 offseason with another high pick and the team that trades for Derrick's picks, plus plenty of cap space after the Mercilus/Cunningham etc... contracts off of the books. Unless you think the Calhoun's can win a SB next yr?
Not a chance

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Because it was so successful last year…

We couldn’t even lose to the Titans and Chargers right.
Honestly we kind of got in the best place for us in the draft. It’s a weak QB class which is the biggest reason to want number 1 and the number 3 pick is the most traded pick because it’s high enough to get a difference maker but low enough that the price isn’t out of many teams reach.

So yeah I’m not upset with how our tank year went because we can trade back for more picks or take a stud player at 3. If Caserio can do his job right it’s win-win.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
Looking that way.

A little surprised at resigning Desmond King, outplayed in his natural position and did not excel on the outside. Would have been better rolling the dice on another player with upside that may start at outside corner.

AJ Cann and Ogbuehi I guess are guys that fit the new OL scheme and insurance if the draft doesn’t go to plan.

They will hope Stewart replaces Justin Reid, which is fine.

I guess Pep has had a year around the offence without control of the scheme to have some inkling whether a guy like Brown could be useful to him. Let’s not forget that we’ve seen OB spurn plenty of promising TEs and Tim Kelly was an extension of him as OC last year.

We’ll depend on the draft and my hopes for next year are tempered by knowing that even a guy like JJ Watt had a relatively quiet rookie year to I’m not expecting some miracle playoff run.

austins23

Hall of Fame