Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texan Fans Fantasy Football

HK was updating the EA website also. If you go there and look at the rosters, you will see that the players are already added to their respective teams.

I have 4 picks to cover 2 selections locked and loaded , hopefully I will be able to use them today.:texflag:

Great I will get at least 1 pick in before midnight!
:cool:

To all of you who voted for this format.... :neener:

Seriously, its not that bad, its just that when I get in the mood to do this, I want to do it. Waiting a day or two between picks is a little annoying. It'll all be good when we're done.

To all of you who voted for this format.... :neener:

Seriously, its not that bad, its just that when I get in the mood to do this, I want to do it. Waiting a day or two between picks is a little annoying. It'll all be good when we're done.

Yeah patience is a virtue on this type of draft. Its just hard to get everyone together online at the same time with 12 different schedules. I don't mind it to much, just want to know a ETA of where to check back in.

Yeah patience is a virtue on this type of draft. Its just hard to get everyone together online at the same time with 12 different schedules. I don't mind it to much, just want to know a ETA of where to check back in.
Sweet! I will be able to get both of my picks tonight!
:cool:

We're zooming right along, aren't we?

Checo...thanks for keeping people in line over here. :user:

Make my picks for me.....everyone else...be amazed.

Santos pick is in after timing out. Axman you are up. Let me know when you get the pick in so I can put Karls up.

Alright, picks are in, I will give Santo till noon tomorrow to check in before I make another pick via the Antsports list.

Santo is officially on the clock.

Also, the rosters thus far are now up to date on the ea sports site.

I am back from my out-of-town responsibilities, so I can take over my draft now. I just need to know where to posyt my picks. I read through this thread to this point, and it doesn't look like y'all are posting the picks here, so let me know and I'll jump right in. If Santo is on the clock, I still have a few picks until it's on me.

I am back from my out-of-town responsibilities, so I can take over my draft now. I just need to know where to posyt my picks. I read through this thread to this point, and it doesn't look like y'all are posting the picks here.....

We are posting picks in another thread in Texans tailgating called "Texans Fans EASports Fantasy Football Draft Thread".

See ya there!!

I am back from my out-of-town responsibilities, so I can take over my draft now. I just need to know where to posyt my picks. I read through this thread to this point, and it doesn't look like y'all are posting the picks here, so let me know and I'll jump right in. If Santo is on the clock, I still have a few picks until it's on me.

Good to see you back, so far you have:

RB Shaun Alexander
WR Steve Smith
WR Terrell Owens

Shouldn't he have until 8:00 pm? The clock's not supposed to run at night.

Technically he should have till then, however, we haven't heard from him and his last 12 hour pick timed out, I figured Noon was a good time to keep this thing moving.

Does that sound unreasonable because if everyone wants to wait until 8 pm I can live with that?

Technically he should have till then, however, we haven't heard from him and his last 12 hour pick timed out, I figured Noon was a good time to keep this thing moving.

Does that sound unreasonable because if everyone wants to wait until 8 pm I can live with that?

I say that's plenty ... not to be a hardass but who joins these things and then does'nt show ?

I'm good either way. I just thought maybe you forgot.

Yeah, if his pick didn't just time out I would have been happy to wait 12 hours, but I don't want to hold everyone up as this draft is crawling as is.

Anywho, the Santo's pick is in. Old School, the floor is yours.

I am out for the next hour or two to go do some yard work. See everyone then.

.......Anywho, the Santo's pick is in. Old School, the floor is yours.......

The only thing worse than someone not showing up for draft is the Assistant Commisioner picking the player you were about to draft for him!!!!!
I smell a conspiracy!!:pirate:

The only thing worse than someone not showing up for draft is the Assistant Commisioner picking the player you were about to draft for him!!!!!
I smell a conspiracy!!:pirate:

OK, I feel better. I was just about to say I changed my mind and we should have waited. Should of known Boldin wouldn't make it to me anyway.:cool:

k I am done mowing. Mshadows has till 10 am Monday to make his pick, otherwise be subjected to HK's Ant Sports list according to the 12 hour timer.

I will be checking in periodically today.

I am after Mshadows, right? I am PM'ing my top two choices, in order, for my pick, just to expedite the process.

with pick 4.11 the CarrWrecked takes WR Plaxico Burress

Dang it!

Having the #1 pick is like being first in line for Thanksgiving dinner and then not getting seconds until the following Monday. :(

Dang it!

Having the #1 pick is like being first in line for Thanksgiving dinner and then not getting seconds until the following Monday. :(

TD aren't you up now. I think the pick was the 11th pick of the 4th round. You would have the 12th because we are going backwards right now aren't we. You should have the next 2 picks.

Unrelated to our draft but did anyone see the AFC South Update? It was from Mini Camp so it is a little dated but just wanted to share the info incase someone overlooked it.

AFC South Update
By A.B. Koontz

Houston Texans

Minicamp just came to end for the 2006, 6-10 Texans, and as a surprise, Head Coach Kubiak held back a number of players for additional conditioning and practices. Apparently, Kubiak feels the extra time can help his boys finally get over the hump. Of course this was the same coach who installed a mandatory bowling tournament amongst players and coaches… but I digress.

The real news in camp is the departure of former #1 overall draft pick David Carr and the arrival of the alleged star to be, Matt Schaub . Most of the results so far have been promising, but expecting Mr. Schuab to better the 75.5 QB rating from David Carr is wishful thinking.
With an offensive line still in disarray and no other real offensive weapons available, Schaub's value right now can't be very high, even though he is quickly getting on the same page with star wideout Andre Johnson . Andre even went so far as to speak out on his new QB's behalf: "When you look at, the differences that I see is that with David (Carr) you had to wait on the ball a little bit more," Johnson said. "With Matt, he's pretty decisive with what he's doing. He's going to get back in his drop and let the ball go. When you're in you're rout, you don't have to wait on the ball or anything like that." This will be a closely monitored situation for fantasy owners with a complete hit or miss waiting in the wings for both Matt and his pampered WR. If the targets are there early on for the young tandem, this could be another long and productive '06 type of season for Andre. If Matt struggles out the gate it could be an even longer season for fantasy owners of either player. Regardless, approach with caution.

On the RB front, former # 3 overall Fantasy RB Ahman Green seems to be drawing rave reviews from coaches and teammates. According to numerous sources Ahman seems to be 100% healed from his 2005 season-ending knee surgery and has the Texans really excited about the running game in '07. Kubiak has even thrown out the "25 or so carries" talk which probably sounds really good for fantasy buyers…well, at least until week 8 or so when he breaks down. Ahman still has a lot of talent but keep in mind that even BEFORE his knee injury he still couldn't get 4 yards a carry so count me in as a non-believer for him at two years later + a major surgery + a terrible offensive line to = fantasy stardom. I think I'll take the under.

Rumor has it the Texans are also looking to add another WR to the mix before the start of camp. This is another situation to watch closely as it greatly affects a number of players. If you see a nice veteran name out on the market look for the Texans to show some interest. With that in mind, don't be surprised to see Keenan McCardell possibly get into the mix.

Indianapolis Colts

The 2006 Superbowl champion Colts come into the 2007 season looking to be the first team to repeat since the Patriots of '03 & '04. That sounds all swell and nice, but how does this amount to fantasy stats, right? Well, Peyton, Marvin and Wayne will still be amongst the best if not the very best at their positions; so we all know where their value is. The real story on the WR front may be with 1st round draft pick Anthony Gonzales . The Ohio State star steps in as an immediate starter in the slot and could be one of the most productive rookies in the NFL. Peyton has already been raving about Gonzo's talent and even sat him down in film sessions to go over what role Brandon Stokley served in previous seasons. The Colts offense will always be among the league's best, and if Gonzo's work ethic is as good as advertised he could be a quick fit in the Peyton-led attack. A rookie serving as the 3rd WR on any team usually isn't anything to write home about, but keep in mind Stokley caught 10 TD's and had over 1000 yards receiving in the exact same spot in the offense as young Gonzo. If Peyton is connecting to Gonzales in the preseason, watch out; he could become a very nice sleeper for you in the upcoming season. Keep a close eye on this situation.

If you ask veteran fantasy owners around the league the player that seems to be getting as much hype as just about anyone is second year RB Joseph Addai . Addai is coming off a very impressive rookie campaign and steps in as the bonafide starter and superstar-in-the-making for year 2. Beyond the additional workload, Addai appears to be more involvement in the passing game as well. "I think that's where he's really trying to expand his game by putting him in the slot or putting him out wide." Peyton Manning said. "He's worked on his route-running. You like to get those kinds of matchups with them on linebackers." Addai already had good receiving numbers in '06 so folks in a PPR league should really take notice. Speaking of taking notice RB DeDe Dorsey also seems to be a common name thrown around by the Colts coaches as well as Peyton. Keep in mind Addai has never carried a full workload (even in his days at LSU) and the Colts were very happy with the two-back system last season. If I'm an Addai buyer, this worries me a bit. There is no doubt Addai's numbers go up, but if DeDe starts to get some touches early don't be surprised if the Colts try a little more of the committee approach again in '07. This hits Addai's value a bit but also makes Mr. Dorsey a real deep sleeper to keep on your radar; could be an interesting situation to watch so stay tuned.

Lastly for those of you in an IDP league, take special notice of LB Freddie Keiaho . The departure of Pro Bowler Cato June opens the revolving door of Colts Linebackers and the Hawaii grad stands to be the next in line to benefit. Mike Peterson became Marcus Washington . Marcus Washington became David Thornton . David Thornton became Cato June and now it appears Cato becomes Freddie Keiaho. In each of the aforementioned seasons, the new starter eventually became a top 15 Fantasy Linebacker and could have been had very late, or in many cases, completely after the draft. If the early camp news is any indication, this trend doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon. Put Freddie on your radar as a late round steal.

Jacksonville Jaguars

So mark me down as intrigued. It appears that Daunte Culpepper actually has a very realistic chance of signing with the Jags this off-season. According to numerous source,s the Jaguars were waiting for the grievance hearing scheduled with the Dolphins before making their official offer for Daunte. But with the recent release of Daunte, the Jags are ready to pounce on their desired QB to be. And honestly, the more I think about the deal, the more this makes perfect sense.

Byron Sandwhich is in the last year of his contract and even though Daunte isn't quite what he used to be, he still can outrun Jack Del Rio and that's more than I can say about his possible predecessor. I've always liked the Jags WR's talent and if Daunte can get into camp in time this could be an interesting story to watch.

Outside of slow QB news there is a player getting all the buzz that actually can run. The energetic Maurice Jones-Drew , aka MoJo, emerged as a solid #2 Fantasy back last season. He has all the tools to have an even better season in '07. Mr. Drew has made some odd comments in the off season about how he expects to be the backup and return kicks and what not but personally, I don't believe it. Fragile Fred has been pretty durable as of late and somehow got a nice contract extension. I can't see this guy being too much of a factor next season. Couple this with the return of former Seminole Greg Jones and you have the makings of a crowded backfield. Mini camp didn't seem to give us much indication of what to expect here, but keep your eyes on this one. Fred wasn't paid for nothing and Greg could be a goal line stealer for both backs. Right now I'm letting MoJo slide past me in drafts until I have a better idea of this picture. I suggest you do the same.

Tennessee Titans

No I will not talk about PacMan Jones here…

So the very first week of mini camp and the Madden Curse is already on its way. Ok maybe I am getting ahead of myself here. Vince Young was held out of practice for a mild calf strain a few weeks ago but it wasn't anything serious. If you want my honest opinion though, Vince getting the true "Madden Curse" might be the best move possible, it would get him out of a dreadful team and everyone can just say "Well Vince was hurt, so we expected this." Norm Chow is supposed to be an offensive genius and he is going to need every bit of that to pull off this offense doing ANYTHING in '07. Norm has been quoted as saying he wants Vince to run more and there are rumblings of him leading the team in TD's next year. On paper that sounds good but when you consider the running backs currently are the Cecil Fielder impersonator Lendale White , the OTHER Chris Henry and Quinton Ganther , it doesn't sound nearly as good. And yes, I know Chris Brown re-signed and yes, I know I didn't mention him. That was on purpose. Lendale claims he is finally healed from a hamstring injury but the only MILDY intriguing player here is Chris Henry. He will be zero risk and a possible mid-level reward if he can overtake the juggernaut that is Lendale, Quinton Ganther and "Those We Do Not Speak Of."

Gee, what else can I report here? Maybe this is why all the press about the Titans is about Pacman. There just isn't anything on this offense to report and we all know no one is touching that team defense. Now, I have seen some people have Ben Troupe as a sleeper; don't buy it. The TE's will be involved, but Ben has had more than his fair share of chances and blown every one. Former Vince Young teammate from Texas, Bo Scaife, is the only TE worth owning and that will be VERY late at best.

I didn't misspell Leftwich's name that was the writer,lol.

EA Sports

well the rosters are updated through pick 5.01. for some reason my computer won't let me enter my last pick. anyways I will be around later. gotta watch the game on NFL network. Hopefully Huttokarl can fix it.

well the rosters are updated through pick 5.01. for some reason my computer won't let me enter my last pick. anyways I will be around later. gotta watch the game on NFL network. Hopefully Huttokarl can fix it.

Checo's Carrwrecked takes RB Cadillac Williams with the 5.02 pick.

chris' spleen is up.
You mean this pick?

When you enter draft picks, and are done with each group, just hit "save picks" rather than "Mark draft as complete".

I fixed it and we're current on picks vs. roster listings.

Eriadoc...glad you're back. Hopefully Checo and I did ok and the predraft list worked out for you ok.

Sorry for being a no show this weekend.

Didn't have access to a computer until I got back to work this morning.

Thanks for the picks while I was gone.

:texflag:

When you enter draft picks, and are done with each group, just hit "save picks" rather than "Mark draft as complete".

I fixed it and we're current on picks vs. roster listings.

Eriadoc...glad you're back. Hopefully Checo and I did ok and the predraft list worked out for you ok.

last night it kept giving me an error when I clicked save. Probably just my computer. I am going to be pretty busy today, so if my pick comes up or anyone needs me, PM me. Thanks.

Sorry for being a no show this weekend.

Didn't have access to a computer until I got back to work this morning.

Thanks for the picks while I was gone.

:texflag:

No worries man, just let me or karl know if you think you are going to be gone in the future, and we can make arrangements on the pick if we need to. HOpefully we didn't butcher your team up too much...

Back