Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texan Fans Fantasy Football

HuttoKarl

Veteran
I'm testing a new EASports fantasy football site and wanted to see if any Texan fans were interested in playing some Fantasy Football.

http://www.easports.com/fantasy

12 Team - head-to-head

League Name:TexanFans
League Password: Mario

Draft Order will be randomly drawn when league fills.

1QB
2RB
3WR
1TE
1DST

Individual Offense
Passing
Passing TD Pts: 3
Passing Two-point Conversion Pts: 1
Passing Yards Pts: 0
From 0 to * PassYds, award 1 points for every 25 PassYds
Rushing
Rushing TD Pts: 6
Rushing Two-point Conversion Pts: 2
Rushing Yards Pts: 0
From 0 to * RuYds, award 1 points for every 10 RuYds
Receiving
Receiving TD Pts: 6
Receiving Two-point Conversion Pts: 2
Receiving Yards Pts: 0
From 0 to * RecYds, award 1 points for every 15 RecYds
Team Defense
Defensive Fumble Recovered Pts: 2
Defensive TD Pts: 6
Interceptions Pts: 2
Sack Pts: 1
Safety Pts: 2
Team Special Teams
Special Teams TD Pts: 6
Individual Special Teams
Special Teams TD Pts: 6
Place Kicking
Extra Points Made Pts: 1
Field Goals Made Pts: 3

I have draft set as offline...we could conduct it here so all texan fans can keep track...we can do it online...I'm flexible.

PM sent..

Invite sent...I think. Let me know when/if you get it.

Draft order is not set yet...when the league fills, I'll randomly draw names using the "write each team name on a tiny piece of paper, wad it up and pick names for draft positions from 12 spot to 1 spot" method and then change the draft order accordingly.

Got it and I am ready to go. Can you make this like the NBA draft and put about 7 or 8 more "#7" pieces of paper in the hat? It will be our little secret :shades:

Got it and I am ready to go. Can you make this like the NBA draft and put about 7 or 8 more "#7" pieces of paper in the hat? It will be our little secret :shades:

Well...if there are more papers with your name, that would seal your fate as the 12th pick, since I pull papers in inverse draft order ....from 12-1...it's more dramatic for me that way.

Wario...got your intial PM...send me your email address and I'll send the invite.

after wario, there should be 7 more teams available.

RickyB and Wario are invited officially now.

Eriadoc, you need to PM your email address to me to get the league invite.

There are still four spots open. One each in the DeMeco Ryans and Andre Johnson Division...Two in the Mario Williams Division.

Eriadoc and HonoringEarl are in.

Two spots left.

First person gets to choose a spot in either the Andre Johnson division or the Mario Williams division.

the league is filled.

Posted the updated draft order and have a vote on the table under league news. Read about the options and PM your votes to me by this Friday, 8 am.

Thanks.

Thanks for getting the votes in regarding how we'll run the draft.

Still need to hear from Earl, Wario and TD. I haven't voted yet and won't unless I need to break a tie.

Wario...you still need to accept the invite into the league and set up on EA Sports.

After we discuss the draft method, we'll delve into dates.

If online wins: We draft later...maybe preseason game 3-ish?
If offline at TT wins: we'll need to start earlier in order to give ample time for the draft to finish.
If offline via PM wins: 15 rounds...that's three work weeks at one round a week. You do the math.

Been playing FFL for almost 20 years, I don't think I've ever had the #1 pick before. :splits:

Earl and Wario still need to vote.

It's neck and neck between offline at TT.com and online.

Your votes count, unlike your vote in a presidential election.

I am at 5. Not really good. Not really bad. I can live with it.

I find that drafting in the middle to late is where championships are one. That's not to say that you can't win from anywhere though. Meh.

I've been playing FF since 1991, the time before Al Gore invented the internet. (Yes, I know the internet was live at that time, but normal people did not use it.) We used newspaper box scores and live drafts. And we walked to school uphill both ways. In the snow.

Rick

OK...votes are in for the draft...

It'll be offline at TT.com by a 5-4 vote. Two teams didn't vote and I didn't either, although I would have been the 6th vote for TT.com.

Next up....I'll be back after some research on how long these things normally take and report back with a draft start date/time.

I'm assuming the top pick is Tomlinson???? TD...can you verify? :whip:

I'm assuming the top pick is Tomlinson???? TD...can you verify? :whip:

In spite of all the grief I'm sure to take from ESPN for passing on Reggie Bush, that's an affirmative on Tomlinson. Throw in the caveat that nothing happens to him prior to the draft.

I'm out of pocket until July 11. Shoot me an e-mail where you sent the e-vite if I need to do anything before then.

After some deliberation, I want to set the draft start date for Wednesday, August 1st. This gives us time to get the draft done in time for the regular season. I realize that we risk player preseason injuries, but we do need time to complete the draft and with everyone's schedules, this is the best way to do it.

I'll create a draft thread for everyone to make their picks and will update rosters on our league site after each round (if the site allows me to do so). I'll also keep a running list on the first page of the draft thread to keep things easily trackable...we don't want to run the risk of two teams trying to draft Jabbar Gaffney, now, do we?

The draft thread will be created on Tuesday, July 31st, right here in the Tailgate section.

can't wait...

Well...technically, you have to.

TD's said that barring an act of gosh, LT is the top pick...guess that would mean that you can announce the #2 pick if you really want to....of course, both picks are subject to change when the actual draft date hits.

Well...technically, you have to.

TD's said that barring an act of gosh, LT is the top pick...guess that would mean that you can announce the #2 pick if you really want to....of course, both picks are subject to change when the actual draft date hits.

It will be a pretty easy pick for me with LT gone. Welcome to the CarrWrecked Mr. Steven Jackson....:victory: That is unless I decide to go in another direction by the drafts start.

A bump as a reminder.

After some deliberation, I want to set the draft start date for Wednesday, August 1st. This gives us time to get the draft done in time for the regular season. I realize that we risk player preseason injuries, but we do need time to complete the draft and with everyone's schedules, this is the best way to do it.

I'll create a draft thread for everyone to make their picks and will update rosters on our league site after each round (if the site allows me to do so). I'll also keep a running list on the first page of the draft thread to keep things easily trackable...we don't want to run the risk of two teams trying to draft Jabbar Gaffney, now, do we?

The draft thread will be created on Tuesday, July 31st, right here in the Tailgate section.

A bump as a reminder.

I was about to post in the thread to say how stoked I am for this draft. I don't think anything beats a good ol'fashioned internet message board fantasy football draft. Hope you all have your cheatsheets ready...you're going to need them.

And if any of you have a free Texans game ticket for your commish, let me know.

I can see it now. "and with the 5th pick in the 1st round Overalls sellects."

Peyton Manning

Then there are 50 post telling me how stipid I am for not picking Vince Young or Reggie Bush.

Not that I plan on picking Manning. Either of them.

I joined a league on NFL.com and weighed it heavy towards the Texans. I ended up with Matt, AJ, Owen, Ahman, and the Texans D. So hopefully we will do good. I also ended up with Lee Evans, Brian Westbrook and Braylon Edwards. Not bad, I quess. I am not sure about my kicker though. I may have to go kicker first in this league.

:fans:

Back