Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texan Fans Fantasy Football

Passing TDs worth only 3 points ? That doesnt seem fair

That's why I'm VERY careful to read the scoring system before the draft. I've been burned not paying attention before. QBs are less valuable in this league.

I just subscribed via email to the draft thread. My understanding is that thread is for picks ONLY. And that this thread here is for the smack talk. (HK, I'm just repeating to acknowledge receipt and understanding.)

Let's do this. :bat:

I just subscribed via email to the draft thread. My understanding is that thread is for picks ONLY. And that this thread here is for the smack talk. (HK, I'm just repeating to acknowledge receipt and understanding.)

Let's do this. :bat:

You understand well.

alright I just made the 2nd pick with S. Jackson. I am subscribed to the thread so I will be monitoring it as the picks come in....

HC,
Just to let you know that I am back with the living. I will be in and out of the shop but I will be around enough join in the draft.

Steve

With the last pick in the first round, the Mighty Hutto Stinkweasels select:

Willie Parker, RB PIT

and then rushes back to announce the first pick of the second round:

Rudi Johnson, RB CIN

I cannot believe Rudi fell so far. Wow. Nice backfield.

And you did not even need to draft from within the AFC South. :shades:

I cannot believe Rudi fell so far. Wow. Nice backfield.

And you did not even need to draft from within the AFC South. :shades:

I was slobbering at the idea of trotting out Willie Parker and Reggie Bush, but when Bush went right ahead of me, I must admit...Rudi's consistency kept the saliva going.

I'm pretty happy with those RB's from such a lame draft position.

TJ Houshamazilli. Mark it down. Championship.

(Disclaimer: that is NOT a pick, just a joke. Sigh. Sadly, a joke, weak or otherwise, ceases to be funny once it is explained. Sigh.)

:secret:

I was going to take either Willie Parker or Rudi Johnson as my running back but didn't know you were going to take them at the same time.....

:cry2:

I like Maroney too...with Dillon outta the way, he should produce quite nicely.

Maybe HC could consider modifying the alloted time for each pick from 12 hours to 2 or 3 hours. At this rate we will be here for weeks.

I could can the clock stoppage at night, but that's rather uncool. Drafts like this take time. To speed things up, anyone can send a predraft list to me and checo...one of us is bound to be able to pick for you when your time comes up.

Or people can just check in more often. The season is still a month away, so I think we're going to be ok. I'll keep PMing the slackers. :bat:

I could can the clock stoppage at night, but that's rather uncool. Drafts like this take time. To speed things up, anyone can send a predraft list to me and checo...one of us is bound to be able to pick for you when your time comes up.

Or people can just check in more often. The season is still a month away, so I think we're going to be ok. I'll keep PMing the slackers. :bat:

Even online, Commish is a thankless job. :gun: :)

Does PM still require folks to come to texanstalk? If so, it might not be a useful quick-turn comm mechanism.

I propose we each PM our email address to Karl, for him to provide a helpful kick in the shorts if/when such kick is needed.

Thanks, HK. (See? Not thankless after all.) Course, doesn't change the fact that I'm looking forward to opening up an ENTIRE can of fantasy whoopass on ya. And that goes for the lot of ya, too. Arrrr. :pirate:

Even online, Commish is a thankless job. :gun: :)

Does PM still require folks to come to texanstalk? If so, it might not be a useful quick-turn comm mechanism.

I propose we each PM our email address to Karl, for him to provide a helpful kick in the shorts if/when such kick is needed.

Thanks, HK. (See? Not thankless after all.) Course, doesn't change the fact that I'm looking forward to opening up an ENTIRE can of fantasy whoopass on ya. And that goes for the lot of ya, too. Arrrr. :pirate:

Along with each PM, I also send out an email reminder from the League Website. I have everyone's email address, so sending a PM with them isn't needed.

"slow style" drafts can go very swiftly...but you have to have a league full of people who are awake and who give a darn about the others in the league. I usually run a few leagues a year and I do mostly slow drafts with a 12 or 24 hour window....we generally get a round or two done per day....but I am also very picky about who I let in my leagues.

"slow style" drafts can go very swiftly...but you have to have a league full of people who are awake and who give a darn about the others in the league. I usually run a few leagues a year and I do mostly slow drafts with a 12 or 24 hour window....we generally get a round or two done per day.

Sometimes they gain steam as they go along. I'm hoping that's the case with this one.

Thanks man. On another note, don't forget to PM me your weekend pick list to choose from since I know your access on weekends is limited.

You got it.

To anyone else out there, send your lists to both Checo and myself, just in case I can't make it to a computer.

I feel pretty lucky. I didn't think Palmer would still be there at 24. He was my top rated QB. (Gut feeling Manning will slip a little this year)

I was going back and forth on Maurice Jones-Drew and Thomas Jones. I really like Jones with the NYJ, but the Jags schedule looks really good for the running game. I was kinda hoping the decision would be made for me before my pick.

Man I hate waiting so long between picks. :swing:

I feel pretty lucky. I didn't think Palmer would still be there at 24. He was my top rated QB. (Gut feeling Manning will slip a little this year)

I was going back and forth on Maurice Jones-Drew and Thomas Jones. I really like Jones with the NYJ, but the Jags schedule looks really good for the running game. I was kinda hoping the decision would be made for me before my pick.

Man I hate waiting so long between picks. :swing:

Tell me about it. Sending a predraft list with a jillion players on it is a bit tough.

Dear people who draft Antonio Gates in the third round,

Screw off!!!!

Sincerely,
Guy who was going to take him at the end of the third round.

Thanks for taking TO HK (or Eriadoc). If he had fallen to me I would have been forced to take him...and man I really hate him and the Cowgurls.:whew

Ok. I'm not sure it was posted elsewhere. I may have missed it. I was looking around to see how many rounds we were drafting and found out we were drafting 15 players with an active roster of 9 players. Just incase I'm not the only blind man in the thread.

Just a FYI, M Shadows has till about 1 pm CST to make his pick, if he doesn't show I will do it off the Ant Sports ADP list.

Just a FYI, M Shadows has till about 1 pm CST to make his pick, if he doesn't show I will do it off the Ant Sports ADP list.

I made it, sorry I have to share this computer with my teenage daughter.:)

Anyways..........

Players off the board......

1.LaDainian Tomlinson
2.Steven Jackson
3.Frank Gore
4.Joseph Addai
5.Larry Johnson
6.Peyton Manning
7.Shaun Alexander
8.Marvin Harrison
9.Brian Westbrook
10.Tom Brady
11.Reggie Bush
12.Willie Parker
13.Rudi Johnson
14.Travis Henry
15.Laurence Maroney
16.Willis McGahee
17.Deuce McAllister
18.Steve Smith
19.Chad Johnson
20.Ronnie Brown
21.Torry Holt
22.Andre Johnson
23.Clinton Portis
24.Carson Palmer
25.Maurice Jones-Drew
26.Reggie Wayne
27.Tomas Jones
28.Ahman Green
29.Antonio Gates
30.Edgerin James
31.Terrell Owens
32.Phillip Rivers
33.Roy Williams

I made it, sorry I have to share this computer with my teenage daughter.:)

Anyways..........

Players off the board......

1.LaDainian Tomlinson
2.Steven Jackson
3.Frank Gore
4.Joseph Addai
5.Larry Johnson
6.Peyton Manning
7.Shaun Alexander
8.Marvin Harrison
9.Brian Westbrook
10.Tom Brady
11.Reggie Bush
12.Willie Parker
13.Rudi Johnson
14.Travis Henry
15.Laurence Maroney
16.Willis McGahee
17.Deuce McAllister
18.Steve Smith
19.Chad Johnson
20.Ronnie Brown
21.Torry Holt
22.Andre Johnson
23.Clinton Portis
24.Carson Palmer
25.Maurice Jones-Drew
26.Reggie Wayne
27.Tomas Jones
28.Ahman Green
29.Antonio Gates
30.Edgerin James
31.Terrell Owens
32.Phillip Rivers
33.Roy Williams

No worries man, also thanks for the list.

Back