Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Should we trade Watson?

Should we trade Watson?

• Yes, without a doubt.

• Yes, depending on compensation (please list your trade scenario).

• No, never.

• No, unless he plays hardball and sits.

Results are only viewable after voting.
We do not trust Cal or Jack and neither does JJ or Watson so why should EB?

See this is where the issue comes in. We don't trust Cal and Easterby because the media has reported all this stuff but hasn't actually backed it up with any proof. Johnson made his tweet but his tweet really doesn't agree with a lot of what people on here should feel because by all reports, though again without proof, Easterby got OB fired. I would think people here would be building statues to the guy for that alone. As far as Watson and JJ, JJ is frustrated and that is understandable but a large part of that I think is that he knows he has just a couple of years left to try for a ring. As far as Watson goes nobody seems to know what he wants because he's not talking to anybody and thats the part that really is annoying.

If he comes out and says "i won't play unless they fire Jack Easterby." then fine at least now we know what the issue is but Easterby wasn't a problem when he was signing the contract so right now we don't really know what his beef is.

DW is New York bound. He wants Saleh and Saleh wants him. Deshaun wants NYC and NYC wants Deshaun. The posturing is almost over

trade details being worked out. NY will give 1.2 for Texans to get their future QB and 1.23 + at least round one in 2022. Texans want at least one vet that can be a building block for the future.
My suggestions Quinnen Williams (move JJ Watt out, Omenihu replaces JJ)
Mekhi Becton (move Tunsil to LG or trade him for top 15 pick & a 3rd)
Safety Ashtyn Davis replaces Eric Murray (trade for a rubber ducky)

QUOTE]
NFL Draft Analyst Has Jets Taking Zach Wilson, Travis Etienne in Mock Draft

While the future is full of uncertainties, it's already clear that Saleh will be living by his mantra, putting his own pedal to the metal. One of the most highly sought-after head coaching candidates on the market explained that he chose New York because he felt a sense of family, a shared desire to return to respectability and a tight-knit community.

[/QUOTE]https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/ho...lead-new-york-jets-to-championship-contention

DW is New York bound. He wants Saleh and Saleh wants him. Deshaun wants NYC and NYC wants Deshaun. The posturing is almost over

trade details being worked out. NY will give 1.2 for Texans to get their future QB and 1.23 + at least round one in 2022. Texans want at least one vet that can be a building block for the future.
Wait, is that your take badboy or where did this come from?

My suggestions Quinnen Williams (move JJ Watt out, Omenihu replaces JJ)
Mekhi Becton (move Tunsil to LG or trade him for top 15 pick & a 3rd)
Safety Ashtyn Davis replaces Eric Murray (trade for a rubber ducky)

QUOTE]
NFL Draft Analyst Has Jets Taking Zach Wilson, Travis Etienne in Mock Draft

While the future is full of uncertainties, it's already clear that Saleh will be living by his mantra, putting his own pedal to the metal. One of the most highly sought-after head coaching candidates on the market explained that he chose New York because he felt a sense of family, a shared desire to return to respectability and a tight-knit community.
https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/ho...lead-new-york-jets-to-championship-contention
[/QUOTE]
This means Jets give up 4 ones if it’s Williams . Two top picks. .

I still think Watson will end up staying, but if he does get traded, the Jets are the most likely place he'll go. But just don't forget the Texans trading history before you get to excited about trading Watson.
Nick Caserio is not part of that trading history and part of reason EB wasn't signed as he wanted control. Nick said no. He was supported in this by Cal McNair who knows what happens when you do that. Culley is a players guy to calm down locker room. He knew Watson not going to be here but he is now an NFL HC.

I am putting all the crap behind and waiting to see what's the future. Yes it will be hard to do but I want a Houston NFL team to watch and root for. OBrien is gone and I wanted that since 2018.

DW is New York bound... NY will give 1.2 for Texans to get their future QB and 1.23 + at least round one in 2022. Texans want at least one vet that can be a building block for the future...
Well, my interest is just a little bit peaked - just a little bit. Didn't watch a single game this past season and paid almost zero attention to news. I still read the Chronicle and couldn't miss the headlines for OB's firing and Caserio's hiring as GM. And now the hiring of Culley as HC. Reading TexansTalk today, I see that Watson had a pretty good season, but I have no idea how other players performed. Before today I couldn't tell you the Texans W-L record, although I knew it wasn't good.

Now, to the point of the thread, trade Watson and don't look back. Badboy's list of compensation shouldn't be given a second thought. This would be excellent.

If Watson is sent packing, I might even pay a little attention to the draft.

Well, my interest is just a little bit peaked - just a little bit. Didn't watch a single game this past season and paid almost zero attention to news. I still read the Chronicle and couldn't miss the headlines for OB's firing and Caserio's hiring as GM. And now the hiring of Culley as HC. Reading TexansTalk today, I see that Watson had a pretty good season, but I have no idea how other players performed. Before today I couldn't tell you the Texans W-L record, although I knew it wasn't good.

Now, to the point of the thread, trade Watson and don't look back. Badboy's list of compensation shouldn't be given a second thought. This would be excellent.

If Watson is sent packing, I might even pay a little attention to the draft.

Welcome back, wondered where you vanished to.

Have you ever negotiated from a position of weakness? Ever sold a house in a buyers market? Trading DW4 is basically impossible for the Texans. Why? If Watson truly wants out and he gives you a list of a couple of teams, those teams are in power now. So say he says Miami for example, Miami will off the Texans the minimum. They can keep Tua and flip him for more capital somewhere else. They will offer their 1st this year and maybe a 1st next year if they're feeling generous. That 1st rd pick this yr would be their 1st rd pick, not the Texans pick. So the Texans get the 14th pick this year and the 14th pick next yr and no qb. If they trade Watson, might as well trade Tunsil and any other young players.

if we dont get the bank for watson he cant sit for 4 years then

all the texans can say is well we tried to trade watson but we didnt get any deluxe nuts offers lol !!!!

I wonder if there was something in the NFL by-laws that McNair had to sign when he got the franchise...that would allow the NFL to take over the team if the ownership became a liability? an embarrassment to the League?

This means Jets give up 4 ones if it’s Williams . Two top picks. .
2019 Quinnen WIlliam 1.3, 2020 Mekhi Becton 1.11, 2021 1.2 Zach Wilson 1.23 WR Terrace Marshall 2022 Round one and Round 2
[/QUOTE]
The Jets would end up in the same MESS the Texans are in. Unless there are other offers and I am sure there are the league will tell the Texans to Pound Sand. Fix your own mess we will give you 2 ones and you’ll like it

I wonder if there was something in the NFL by-laws that McNair had to sign when he got the franchise...that would allow the NFL to take over the team if the ownership became a liability? an embarrassment to the League?

The Haslams and Fords say 'no'..

Stop being so butt hurt over one player and one coach. The McNairs aren’t even close to an embarrassment to the league. Unless you think having problems with a player is worst than a national sex scandal or a national campaign to get a team name changed to the point the team isn’t allowed to play in their own stadium.

2019 Quinnen WIlliam 1.3, 2020 Mekhi Becton 1.11, 2021 1.2 Zach Wilson 1.23 WR Terrace Marshall 2022 Round one and Round 2
The Jets would end up in the same MESS the Texans are in. Unless there are other offers and I am sure there are the league will tell the Texans to Pound Sand. Fix your own mess we will give you 2 ones and you’ll like it
[/QUOTE]

in the words of romero cernal " if we dont get a deluxe nutz deal"

well then the nfl can suck our nu#$

Keeping Deshaun does what exactly? If he doesn't want to be a Texan and the Texans have a million holes that they need to fix and have no draft capital why keep him? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that one.

Keeping Deshaun does what exactly? If he doesn't want to be a Texan and the Texans have a million holes that they need to fix and have no draft capital why keep him? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that one.

The QB is the hardest position to fill in sports. An Elite QB is winning that 1 Billion Lottery. You don't give that up. I don't care how many draft picks they throw at you.

EB wanted control and to be paid top HC money. That was the deal breaker.

Easterby didn't want EB ..... doesn't matter what EB wanted.

All reports were everyone in the building believed EB would be the next HC up until the moment Culley was hired. Literally everyone was WFT ?!

Easterby went to Cal with the "he's not Texans worthy" line and he bought it and they hired the guy who fits what has been their culture from day one.

The QB is the hardest position to fill in sports. An Elite QB is winning that 1 Billion Lottery. You don't give that up. I don't care how many draft picks they throw at you.
I also understand this argument under most circumstances, however, with the way this Texans team is set up its flat out stinks and has no way to fix it in the near future due to no picks in first two rounds and really no comp picks in 3rd. So you want to keep an elite QB who already doesn't want to be here around and surround him with what? How to fix the defense?

I also understand this argument under most circumstances, however, with the way this Texans team is set up its flat out stinks and has no way to fix it in the near future due to no picks in first two rounds and really no comp picks in 3rd. So you want to keep an elite QB who already doesn't want to be here around and surround him with what? How to fix the defense?

there are two ways we go go about this trade watson today and get max value

or be a asshole and hold watson hostage for like 4 years !!!!! and then after he finally leaves we can finally start the rebuild in 2025 :P

or be a asshole and hold watson hostage for like 4 years !!!!! and then after he finally leaves we can finally start the rebuild in 2025 :P

Going this route helps the franchise how? if Texans prioritize trying to be an ass for the next 5 years boy...I'm not really sure what to say.

edit: too add to that CLEARLY the Texans don't value winning or building a winning culture so I really wouldn't be shocked if that's the case.

[/QUOTE]
The league will not tell Texans anything. Jets owner is back in USA and taking back control from his brother. Mr. Woody Johnson wants a big splash as welcome back. He sees the attention his team is already getting by being in "talk" about DW. Jets fans are going nuts and 8-8 would be a tremendous step forward. They think Watson can do that. Jets have cap space to bring in free agents that they would not be able to get with picks they are giving up. I would not be stunned to see either Scharping or more likely Titus Howard being part of a trade. I can see Charlie Heck get a heck of a chance at RT this season.

Going this route helps the franchise how? if Texans prioritize trying to be an ass for the next 5 years boy...I'm not really sure what to say.

edit: too add to that CLEARLY the Texans don't value winning or building a winning culture so I really wouldn't be shocked if that's the case.

i agree if i was NIck i would say to the NFL ok we are open for business Best offer LETS GO!!!! i would do that right now and trade watson today ....

because holding him hostage longterm hurts your franchise and give you negative PR for other free agents who might want to come to houston

i would love to trade him to the jags for trevor but the jags dont want him .... crazy

Dolphins fan Chad back again....

I wanted to get your feedback on this proposal.

Watson for

2020 1st round pick #3
2020 1st round pick #18
2020 2nd round pick #50
2021 Mia 1st round pick
2021 Mia 3rd round pick
Tua Tagovailoa

What do you think? Not enough?

Stop being so butt hurt over one player and one coach. The McNairs aren’t even close to an embarrassment to the league. Unless you think having problems with a player is worst than a national sex scandal or a national campaign to get a team name changed to the point the team isn’t allowed to play in their own stadium.
Over one player and one coach?

Brown forcing a trade after comment by Bob McNair.
Firing Brian Gaine after 17 months for no apparent reason.
Making BoB GM.
Hiring Easterby.
Roots on his way out likely due to Easterby.
Trading Clowney for a 3rd and a couple of non-factor players.
Trading Hopkin for a 2nd and 4th rounder + an over the hill RB.
Firing Olsen our Cap guy.
Fuller and Roby suspended
Firing Amy Palcic.
Choosing Easterby over DW4.

Yeah, an embarrassment to the League.

Last edited:
As long as "The Texans gameday experience" has the great fans in the parking lot doing their thing..the Texans are fine. Making money anyway. Psls help keep the marketing team promoting "sell outs" at the stadium. Cal and company couldnt care less.

Just another marketing company with a football division.

For another example
Look at the cowboys. Haven't pissed a drop with success in the playoffs in many years yet that gameday experience keeps them profitable.
Texans are profitable

Maybe its me getting old and cranky.
I want to see trophies but that doesnt seem to be the overall goal with the texans.

Sports franchises love the public help fund stadium (playgrounds) and after that love corporate dollars

Watson for

2020 1st round pick #3
2020 1st round pick #18
2020 2nd round pick #50
2021 Mia 1st round pick
2021 Mia 3rd round pick
Tua Tagovailoa

Counter offer:
2020 1st round pick #3
2020 1st round pick #18
2020 2nd round pick #35
2020 2nd round pick #50
2021 Mia 1st round pick
2021 Mia 2nd round pick
Xavien Howard

Watson for

2020 1st round pick #3
2020 1st round pick #18
2020 2nd round pick #50
2021 Mia 1st round pick
2021 Mia 3rd round pick
Tua Tagovailoa

2021 1st round pick #3
2021 1st round pick #18
2021 2nd round pick #50
2022 Mia 1st round pick
2022 Mia 3rd round pick
2023 2nd Round Pick
Take the following contracts:
Whitney Mercilus
Randall Cobb

Still a hellava deal for Miami.

Didn't know that McNair stans were a thing

The McNairs are a joke. The team is bad because they are in charge, and will into the future. They keep incompetents around for years longer than they should, hire unqualified yes-men for important positions, etc.

Robert Kraft gets handjobs at massage parlors, but his team still wins championships.

As long as "The Texans gameday experience" has the great fans in the parking lot doing their thing..the Texans are fine. Making money anyway. Psls help keep the marketing team promoting "sell outs" at the stadium. Cal and company couldnt care less.

Just another marketing company with a football division.

For another example
Look at the cowboys. Haven't pissed a drop with success in the playoffs in many years yet that gameday experience keeps them profitable.
Texans are profitable

Maybe its me getting old and cranky.
I want to see trophies but that doesnt seem to be the overall goal with the texans.

Sports franchises love the public help fund stadium (playgrounds) and after that love corporate dollars

As a lifelong Cowboys fan, they also have a very big advantage - nostalgia. They can always bank on that, along with five rings. Even if the team is ass. Hell, I loved them when their QB was an actual crackhead.

Over one player and one coach?

Brown forcing a trade after comment by Bob McNair.
Firing Brian Gaine after 17 months for no apparent reason.
Making BoB GM.
Hiring Easterby.
Roots on his way out likely due to Easterby.
Trading Clowney for a 3rd and a couple of non-factor players.
Trading Hopkin for a 2nd and 4th rounder + an over the hill RB.
Firing Olsen our Cap guy.
Fuller and Roby suspended
Firing Amy Palcic.
Choosing Easterby over DW4.
Now you can add the one player and one coach comment to the end of this list.

Yeah, an embarrassment to the League.

Brown blew things way out of porportion

Gaine was fired for HR reasons

Bad decision but hardly the first bad GM hire

Easterby was with the Pats for years and no one had an issue with him.

Pure speculation to fit your narrative.

Clowney was broken goods and wanted way more than he was worth. Texans should have forced him to play and ran him into the ground.

Bad decision by a bad GM but again hardly the only bad trade ever made.

Again bad decision by a bad GM

Not the Texans fault and they weren’t the only players caught in that.

Head of HR not smart enough to not post her political view points in public where people might think it represented the company viewpoint. She would have been fired from most companies.

BS, Easterby was there when Watson signed his contract and he was fine with him then. This only came about because they didn’t hire the GM he wanted.

You were all in till they didn’t hire EB. Maybe you should stop and ask why if EB is so hot as a future HC Texans were not the first team to pass on him just the latest in what is becoming a long line.

I still think Watson will end up staying, but if he does get traded, the Jets are the most likely place he'll go. But just don't forget the Texans trading history before you get to excited about trading Watson.

I think the Jets are the only place he can go where the Texans could come close to getting adequate compensation. Not really worth it getting 1st rounders in the 20s.

if we dont get the bank for watson he cant sit for 4 years then

all the texans can say is well we tried to trade watson but we didnt get any deluxe nuts offers lol !!!!

Watson wouldn’t have to sit. He can do just enough to keep from getting fined, then have any number of ailments that keep him out, and still get his money.

Watson for

2020 1st round pick #3
2020 1st round pick #18
2020 2nd round pick #50
2021 Mia 1st round pick
2021 Mia 3rd round pick
Tua Tagovailoa

Don’t the Dolphins have a bunch of NE people in their front office? If so, they’re not giving away a bunch of picks unless it’s for a bunch more picks.

Back