Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Should we trade Watson?

Should we trade Watson?

• Yes, without a doubt.

• Yes, depending on compensation (please list your trade scenario).

• No, never.

• No, unless he plays hardball and sits.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Or Ricky Williams compensation. Funny no one ever mentions that trade. I guess that's because the Walker trade led to a dynasty and the Williams trade led to...uh, well, you know.

Give me a chance

Something they will never have with DW4 on the team.

Sheesh people really hurt right now. Funny calling someone acting like a spoiled brat like they are a kid but yet sit up here and type all angry and throwing a temper tantrum over a forum because someone asked for a trade..oh the irony....

I hope they trade him.

Of course I was hoping they traded him long before he started all of this.

BTW, I cant say I will miss him or you after he's traded.

Or Caserio should hold onto DW4 until he gets fair value.

Sit out and get fined.

Sit out until the start of the season and be benched.

if it goes on that long watson wont even be activated..ever again its a chess move so he cant fake a injury it covers there ass

Sit out and get fined.

I posted about this earlier that we should be willing to sit DW4 if the offers are too low. But I don't think that anything less than some of these monster trade scenarios is too low. Expectations are too high around here IMO. I just watched film on Zach Wilson and posted over in the college forum that if I'm the Jets or Miami, I take Wilson instead of trading picks. I see less holes in his game than Watson -- and if either the Jets or Miami seeing that too, DW4 is less valuable. I don't see why we'll get more in a trade if we hold out on trading him unless we're getting crazy low balled.

Haven't you lost confidence in Caserio? He had the HC forced down his throat. Why would that change with draft prospects or FAs? I was giving Caserio the benefit of the doubt. He's in prove it mode, now.

He just has to get a killer trade and hit on the picks over the next 3 yrs and the Texans will be in much better position than they would've been if they had held onto DW4.

A tough but very accomplishable goal.

[QUOTE="steelbtexan, post: 3132028, member: 9766"

Sit out and get fined.

I posted about this earlier that we should be willing to sit DW4 if the offers are too low. But I don't think that anything less than some of these monster trade scenarios is too low. Expectations are too high around here IMO. I just watched film on Zach Wilson and posted over in the college forum that if I'm the Jets or Miami, I take Wilson instead of trading picks. I see less holes in his game than Watson. I don't see why we'll get more in a trade if we hold out on trading him unless we're getting crazy low balled.
[/QUOTE]
Too many on here think Watson is the Holy Grail..He's great but so are others

He just has to get a killer trade and hit on the picks over the next 3 yrs and the Texans will be in much better position than they would've been if they had held onto DW4.

A tough but very accomplishable goal.

the goal now is who is going to win a SB first watson or the Houston texans .... thats all that matters ....i think ..???

if it goes on that long watson wont even be activated..ever again its a chess move so he cant fake a injury it covers there ass

Trouble is- dw decides who he gets traded to. If he has an exclusive group of teams in mind and those teams know it, it diminishes his trade value...

He'd want to do that to save his future team picks.

The Texans might have to sit him right up until the trade deadline next season. He'd be open to more teams by then and the Texans might get better value.

It's a tight rope act though. If he sits to long (say all the way into next off-season) he'll start losing value and all along he'll be eating up cap space. And it could most definitely cause a coup in the locker room.

A king’s ransom and hitting on every pick could quickly make him a legend in Houston. But that’s a very ambitious goal and finding a franchise QB is much easier said than done. Just ask the browns, bills, jets, etc..

Finding Deshaun’s replacement, if he leaves, will be Casserio’s legacy. Good luck to him.

If you hit on the QB you dont have to hit on every pick, but hitting on them would be nice. The next 2 yrs there will be some very good QB prospects coming out. Prospects that will have just as much potential as DW4 had coming out. Losing DW4 isn't a death sentence, keeping him would've been because they couldn't put a team around him.

The team is going to suck next yr with or without DW4.

I wonder what the media narrative will be when they trade DW$.

Incompetent media, SMH

all this talk we havent had a franchise qb for like 15 years

can we just give matt schaub some probs he was ...decent he played in kubes system pretty dang good and won alot of games Regular season at least LOL ..its the injury and age that caught up with him

If you hit on the QB you dont have to hit on every pick, but hitting on them would be nice. The next 2 yrs there will be some very good QB prospects coming out. Prospects that will have just as much potential as DW4 had coming out. Losing DW4 isn't a death sentence, keeping him would've been because they couldn't put a team around him.
Potential is not the same thing as production. Most guys with potential at QB don't come anywhere near what the buyers were expecting.

The team is going to suck next yr with or without DW4.

I wonder what the media narrative will be when they trade DW$.

Incompetent media, SMH

Cal and nick cant be concerned with what the media says the best get there working gloves on this is going to be long hard rebuild they prob turned of the tv anyways LOL

Trouble is- dw decides who he gets traded to. If he has an exclusive group of teams in mind and those teams know it, it diminishes his trade value...

The Texans might have to sit him right up until the trade deadline next season. He'd be open to more teams by then and the Texans might get better value.

It's a tight rope act though. If he sits to long (say all the way into next off-season) he'll start losing value and all along he'll be eating up cap space. And it could most definitely cause a coup in the locker room.

Nope to the last paragraph.

He wont lose value unless he gets hurt. They can play the NYJ/Mia (Division Rivals) against each other to get best value. If he sits, (Wont happen) then he wont accrue a season so his cap number wont go up.

We're in a transitory position right now. We don't know how the Texans are going to be ran going forward. Well, you know because you have ESP, but the rest of us don't.

I don't care if Cal hired Khan, Dorsey, or Reddick... I've been waiting to see if Cal would step back & let his GM do his job. If Cal does that, I think we'll be headed in the right direction.

Cal has made the choice of HC. Nick is not going to risk his neck on a guy who really is a position coach. Culley is that, a position coach. But, Cal knows Watson liked him and coached him in the senior bowl. Thought he was great.

See how that works?

He wont lose value unless he gets hurt. They can play the NYJ/Mia (Division Rivals) against each other to get best value. If he sits, (Wont happen) then he wont accrue a season so his cap number wont go up.
I disagree, they all will want him and they will be bidding against one another for his services.

You don't think a player, especially a qb, loses value after missing a season? Really? I think my post is spot on if both sides dig in. Why do you think we already know what teams he wants to play for. This has already started.

You don't think a player, especially a qb, loses value after missing a season? Really? I think my post is spot on if both sides dig in. Why do you think we already know what teams he wants to play for. This has already started.

If he's the generational QB some here think he is then his value wont go down.

However with teams like the Dolphins/NYJ/Redskins all wanting DW4 there will be a bidding war break out. Particularly if like I said they think he's a generational talent, so I dont think that trading him and getting three 1sts or more will be an issue. Do you think the Jets or Dolphins for instance will give maximum value to keep from having to play against DW4 twice a yr for the next decade? I think they will.

If he's the generational QB some here think he is then his value wont go down.

However with teams like the Dolphins/NYJ/Redskins all wanting DW4 there will be a bidding war break out. Particularly if like I said they think he's a generational talent, so I dont think that trading him and getting three 1sts or more will be an issue. Do you think the Jets or Dolphins for instance will give maximum value to keep from having to play against DW4 twice a yr for the next decade? I think they will.

I don't know if they consider him a generational talent. I dont and I KNOW you don't. If dw makes it clear who he wants to play for why would the Texans get a high bid if only 2-3 teams are in the race? Again, why do we know jets and dolphins? Dw and his agent want you to.

The no trade clause is going to be a thorn in our side. That's where our leverage comes in -- work with us on where we can move you to to get max value or sit until you're willing to.

You think his cost goes up with 2 division rivals in play or 16 different teams including multiple divisional rivals?

Mainly the 2 division rivals with the 2nd/3rd picks in the draft. But the other 16 doesn't hurt in driving the price up either. LOL

Mainly the 2 division rivals with the 2nd/3rd picks in the draft. But the other 16 doesn't hurt in driving the price up either. LOL

Thats the only point I'm trying to make. If dw picks two teams he's willing to go to hes driving down cost and saving his future team picks.

Watson is the 2nd best young guy right now which makes him very valuable to us and to others. He doesn't have to be the best guy for a decade to be valuable. Please put things into perspective. Personally, I think 2nd best young guy is pretty good but everybody has their own opinion.

I posted about this earlier that we should be willing to sit DW4 if the offers are too low. But I don't think that anything less than some of these monster trade scenarios is too low. Expectations are too high around here IMO. I just watched film on Zach Wilson and posted over in the college forum that if I'm the Jets or Miami, I take Wilson instead of trading picks. I see less holes in his game than Watson -- and if either the Jets or Miami seeing that too, DW4 is less valuable. I don't see why we'll get more in a trade if we hold out on trading him unless we're getting crazy low balled.
The Jets are my target as I agree with you on Wilson but they need to make a splash now not in two or three years. I would prefer to get the deal done sooner rather than later however usually closer to the draft the better The offer will be.

I don't know if they consider him a generational talent. I dont and I KNOW you don't. If dw makes it clear who he wants to play for why would the Texans get a high bid if only 2-3 teams are in the race? Again, why do we know jets and dolphins? Dw and his agent want you to.

Because they play in the same division and would want to keep DW4 away from each other plus when you throw in the other teams I could definitely see a bidding war breaking out.

Haven't you lost confidence in Caserio? He had the HC forced down his throat. Why would that change with draft prospects or FAs? I was giving Caserio the benefit of the doubt. He's in prove it mode, now.
I don't think Caserio had David Culley forced on him. I think he realized that Culley knowing Watson was out of here was the only head coach candidate that would take the job.

I don't think Caserio had David Culley forced on him. I think he realized that Culley knowing Watson was out of here was the only head coach candidate that would take the job.
People like money. Plenty of people would have taken the job.

I would rather we got that kind of advertising for making good choices in both trading and free agency as well as winning a lot of games! Getting attention for upsetting a franchise Qb which is hard as heck to come by, as well as getting taken for fools in previous trades is not my idea of advertising I like.
I understand why you feel that way but NFL owners have been compared to children in that any attention is better than no attention. Of course the NFL owners would rather attention be for winning championships and Rings.

Cal and nick cant be concerned with what the media says the best get there working gloves on this is going to be long hard rebuild they prob turned of the tv anyways LOL
Props to you as this post is one of the most coherent Easy-to-Read I think you've ever had. Congratulations! May I suggest you throw in a period Every two or three sentences?

Watson and his agent want him in NYC. And the Jets want him there. The Jets have a great opportunity to offer a good package and get what they want

Watson and his agent want him in NYC. And the Jets want him there. The Jets have a great opportunity to offer a good package and get what they want
Agents want the extra money from commercials, etc. They are all about the coin. They could care less about being cool.

We'll see. Worst case scenario:

Texans trade Watson after draft. Texans have no draft capital to improve team now. No free agent wants to come to Houston now. Picks are a year out and you get what is essentially a dead year. Guys like jj probably retire when faced with that.

They were 4-12 with DW and JJ. It can get worse.

What do you base that on?
Nut, my friend are you reading the posts on this message board for the last few days? I get the impression you only pop in every so often and respond just to a certain poster with no idea of the history behind the post. Most of us are not going to repeat something that has been stated In the recent past. I am not attacking you because other seem to post like you do.

Is this for certain?
Watson may be arrogant enough to believe he can take the Jets to SB glory but meh, they don't have the best track record.
I'm thinking Miami may be closer to getting there so would be more desirable if he has designs on sooner than later.
Jaguars might be the most attractive option for Texans as it would be the #1 pick ( Trevor Lawrence - hello) but they are in our division.
If I'm the GM, and I am forced to trade Watson, I am wanting two firsts and two seconds in this draft ( for starters) to help with the rebuild asap.

Back