Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Should we trade Watson?

Should we trade Watson?

• Yes, without a doubt.

• Yes, depending on compensation (please list your trade scenario).

• No, never.

• No, unless he plays hardball and sits.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Didn't know that McNair stans were a thing

The McNairs are a joke. The team is bad because they are in charge, and will into the future. They keep incompetents around for years longer than they should, hire unqualified yes-men for important positions, etc.

Robert Kraft gets handjobs at massage parlors, but his team still wins championships.

Ah so as long as your team win championships anything the owner does is fine. I couldn’t care less about the McNairs but this BS line about how the NFL should/will take over the team or about how the McNairs are such an embarrassment is so stupid it’s not even funny.

Clearly some of you don’t pay any attention to what other teams owners do.

Ah so as long as your team win championships anything the owner does is fine. I couldn’t care less about the McNairs but this BS line about how the NFL should/will take over the team or about how the McNairs are such an embarrassment is so stupid it’s not even funny.

Clearly some of you don’t pay any attention to what other teams owners do.

The McNairs are bottom-tier owners, at the same level as the Fords. The team has been a joke since inception. We unironically say the Texans are a PR business with a football team.

These guys are still skating on "bringing back football to Houston" good will. They only care about the season ticket waiting list, not offending the MAGA crowd, and not chasing away all of their corporate clients.

Probably their biggest priority this offseason is to find a new big white guy to replace JJ Watt in the marketing machine. Got to have someone appeal to the housewives and appear in shitty HEB commercials.

Keeping Deshaun does what exactly? If he doesn't want to be a Texan and the Texans have a million holes that they need to fix and have no draft capital why keep him? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that one.
It is not about a trade. It's about getting the fans to accept the trade. If I remember correctly the NFL trade date is March 17th. We may not see anything announced until then. Already we are seeing more and more fans coming to the realization that it is DeShaun who wants out.

The QB is the hardest position to fill in sports. An Elite QB is winning that 1 Billion Lottery. You don't give that up. I don't care how many draft picks they throw at you.
Watson became 'elite' this last season and team was 4 and 12. Many of our players may be gone this off season. How are you going to replace those?We don't know yet the salary cap for 2021 but we definitely know our draft picks. Fans were dropping by the wayside daily and remaining fans are disgusted and will be even more so going forward.
Are we going to be the kid in the backyard football game that has the ball and nobody shows up to play?

I don’t see Watson staying. Not sure is Caserio is capable of maximizing the return but I hope he’s better that the woefully inept and incompetent Osteensterby. My fear is we only get a first round pick and a lifetime subscription VIP membership to KSBJ music streaming service and a box full of Bibleman VHS tapes.

Dolphins fan Chad back again....

I wanted to get your feedback on this proposal.

Watson for

2020 1st round pick #3
2020 1st round pick #18
2020 2nd round pick #50
2021 Mia 1st round pick
2021 Mia 3rd round pick
Tua Tagovailoa

What do you think? Not enough?

No thanks to Tua. You can take whatever you can get for him elsewhere..

Dolphins get:

Deshaun Watson
Whitney Mercilus

Texans get:

2021 1.3
2021 1.18
2021 2.36
2022 1st
2022 3rd
CB Xavien Howard

Watson for

2020 1st round pick #3
2020 1st round pick #18
2020 2nd round pick #50
2021 Mia 1st round pick
2021 Mia 3rd round pick
Tua Tagovailoa

I think that if a trade gets worked that it'll be in this range. The trade I proposed with the Jets values out about the same for their 1.2, 2.34 and next years 1st and 2nd. If you and the Jets are both negotiating, it'll probably come down to who is included (I don't think Tua is much of a sweetener) and who will take more of our bad contracts. The Jets have a leg up with the 2nd pick though. I think it's going to be a really big factor.

Brown blew things way out of porportion

Gaine was fired for HR reasons

Bad decision but hardly the first bad GM hire

Easterby was with the Pats for years and no one had an issue with him.

Pure speculation to fit your narrative.

Clowney was broken goods and wanted way more than he was worth. Texans should have forced him to play and ran him into the ground.

Bad decision by a bad GM but again hardly the only bad trade ever made.

Again bad decision by a bad GM

Not the Texans fault and they weren’t the only players caught in that.

Head of HR not smart enough to not post her political view points in public where people might think it represented the company viewpoint. She would have been fired from most companies.

BS, Easterby was there when Watson signed his contract and he was fine with him then. This only came about because they didn’t hire the GM he wanted.

You were all in till they didn’t hire EB. Maybe you should stop and ask why if EB is so hot as a future HC Texans were not the first team to pass on him just the latest in what is becoming a long line.
I wonder if he was consulted about the Culley hire? This after Cal apologized to Watson for leaving him outta the loop on the Caserio hire? I can live with the new coach, losing Watson is another story.

Watson for

2020 1st round pick #3
2020 1st round pick #18
2020 2nd round pick #50
2021 Mia 1st round pick
2021 Mia 3rd round pick
Tua Tagovailoa

Change your years and add 2.36 and your 2022 round two and Howard and I'm agreeing. I'll even bounce you a player or two. I am okay with Tua tag but as you know not very many people are including your own fans. I will take him to counterbalance taking Howard's contract and his being a headache to you.

You get Watson and fans are going to love it but they're going to also question why you were idiots enough to go Tua last season. Flush him to us and tell your fandom how lucky they were to give us Howard for an elite top 5 QB. I suggest you also wave DeShaun stats sheet at them.

More importantly Watson prefers NYC over Miami. I know but what you gonna do? Your only hope is to throw tremendously better package than Jets offer. You are going to play Watson twice a year And maybe in the playoffs. Dig deep!

Watson for

2020 1st round pick #3
2020 1st round pick #18
2020 2nd round pick #50
2021 Mia 1st round pick
2021 Mia 3rd round pick
Tua Tagovailoa

More like:

TEXANS GET
RD1-03-003
RD1-18-018
RD2-03-035
2022: RD1
2022: RD3

DOLPHINS GET
Watson
Mercilus + Full Contract

Dolphins keep Tua and can try and trade him.

DW is New York bound. He wants Saleh and Saleh wants him. Deshaun wants NYC and NYC wants Deshaun. The posturing is almost over

trade details being worked out. NY will give 1.2 for Texans to get their future QB and 1.23 + at least round one in 2022. Texans want at least one vet that can be a building block for the future.
My suggestions Quinnen Williams (move JJ Watt out, Omenihu replaces JJ)
Mekhi Becton (move Tunsil to LG or trade him for top 15 pick & a 3rd)
Safety Ashtyn Davis replaces Eric Murray (trade for a rubber ducky)

QUOTE]
NFL Draft Analyst Has Jets Taking Zach Wilson, Travis Etienne in Mock Draft

While the future is full of uncertainties, it's already clear that Saleh will be living by his mantra, putting his own pedal to the metal. One of the most highly sought-after head coaching candidates on the market explained that he chose New York because he felt a sense of family, a shared desire to return to respectability and a tight-knit community.
https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/ho...lead-new-york-jets-to-championship-contention
[/QUOTE]

they better get more than that

Watson became 'elite' this last season and team was 4 and 12. Many of our players may be gone this off season. How are you going to replace those?We don't know yet the salary cap for 2021 but we definitely know our draft picks. Fans were dropping by the wayside daily and remaining fans are disgusted and will be even more so going forward.
Are we going to be the kid in the backyard football game that has the ball and nobody shows up to play?
It's very difficult for, I would say many fans but I'll just talk for myself; it's very difficult for me to move from the theory that as long as you have your quarterback you have a chance. But then I have to remind myself of the entire picture. Watson is going to count largely against the cap and as of right now, he's disgruntled. A disgruntled star quarterback does not make for a pleasant atmosphere in the locker room when you trying to rebuild from the ground up...well, except for quarterback and left tackle.

It's a circular argument in my head. I can't definitively say what path is right for the Texans. Trade Watson for a whole bunch of picks and hope they pan out while we know what Watson brings to the table. Or take your chances that Watson doesn't become a cancer in the locker room or sits out while the Texans try to make magic with diminished resources. Who's to say which way is better than the other?

What a terrible mess Cal has made of things. And we all saw it coming, January 28, 2020. It wasn't like a snowball rolling down a hill, either. It was an avalanche from the very beginning.

This means Jets give up 4 ones if it’s Williams . Two top picks. .

I've said all along it will take (4) 1st RD picks to get the deal done with Jets. IMO it will go along the lines of the Jets trading what they got for Jamal Adams and their 1st RD picks in 2021 and 2022.

Watson for

2020 1st round pick #3
2020 1st round pick #18
2020 2nd round pick #50
2021 Mia 1st round pick
2021 Mia 3rd round pick
Tua Tagovailoa

u can keep tua and give me two more 2nds and you got a deal :p

Over one player and one coach?

Brown forcing a trade after comment by Bob McNair.
Firing Brian Gaine after 17 months for no apparent reason.
Making BoB GM.
Hiring Easterby.
Roots on his way out likely due to Easterby.
Trading Clowney for a 3rd and a couple of non-factor players.
Trading Hopkin for a 2nd and 4th rounder + an over the hill RB.
Firing Olsen our Cap guy.
Fuller and Roby suspended
Firing Amy Palcic.
Choosing Easterby over DW4.

Yeah, an embarrassment to the League.
I disagree with you and do not think the NFL cares about any of the moves that the Texans have made. The Watson talk in and of itself is bringing attention in the offseason. You cannot buy that kind of advertising. All of a sudden fans of at least eight different teams are paying attention. Getting excited and asking if their team has a chance at an elite quarterback.

2 One's MAX is all you will get. Maybe throw in a 2 or a 3 and backup player. Teams will NOT make the mistake the Texans have. Too many QBs available or will be...Supply and Demand

Spotrac
@spotrac

With the #Texans having already paid out his $27M signing bonus, and with three years, $82.5M guaranteed remaining, Deshaun Watson is now essentially a $27.5M per year QB for his next team, a veritable steal for contenders looking to upgrade the most important position in sports.
That's why the team that gets Watson has to take bad contracts from the Texans. $27 million of bad contracts.
The McNairs aren’t even close to an embarrassment to the league
You need to get out of your bubble a bit more. This organization is considered to be an unmitigated disaster. With an apology to disasters.
CB Xavien Howard
Howard is a good player. I think @badboy included Quinnen Williams in a potential Jets deal. Both very good players. My question is, should the Texans acquire good players? If the goal is to rebuild, then rebuild. Tank, is the popular term. Good players can only help win a few games. Then they have to get paid. I would stick with draft choices on rookie deals, then hit FA market when the team is ready to contend.

Where are all these quarterbacks that you're talking about? Most seem to think that Matthew Stafford is going to the Colts. Darnold? Lol
May be coming.. Stafford,Trubisk,Wentz, Tua, Darnold, Dak...to name a few. Not to mention 3-4 in the Draft this year and next..May teams are rebuilding

The McNairs are bottom-tier owners, at the same level as the Fords. The team has been a joke since inception. We unironically say the Texans are a PR business with a football team.

These guys are still skating on "bringing back football to Houston" good will. They only care about the season ticket waiting list, not offending the MAGA crowd, and not chasing away all of their corporate clients.

Probably their biggest priority this offseason is to find a new big white guy to replace JJ Watt in the marketing machine. Got to have someone appeal to the housewives and appear in shitty HEB commercials.
The guy they had to replace JJ Watt in the marketing machine and appearing in those same shity TV commercials was a guy named DeShaun Watson.

Last edited:
May be coming.. Stafford,Trubisk,Wentz, Tua, Darnold, Dak...to name a few. Not to mention 3-4 in the Draft this year and next..May teams are rebuilding
As I said after Stafford...who? Dak will remain in Dallas. No mock has Cowboys drafting QB round one. In the last two days it was also reported that Dallas was not interested in Matthew Stafford.
Jags take TL.

Howard is a good player. I think @badboy included Quinnen Williams in a potential Jets deal. Both very good players. My question is, should the Texans acquire good players? If the goal is to rebuild, then rebuild. Tank, is the popular term. Good players can only help win a few games. Then they have to get paid. I would stick with draft choices on rookie deals, then hit FA market when the team is ready to contend.

I don't believe tanking exists in the NFL like it can in baseball or basketball, and the corner can be turned in a hurry in this league. If we acquire the right amount of capital and make the choices - particularly at QB of course - in 2022 Howard could be an integral part of a playoff run. In the meantime he can be a vet leader to show the young inexpensive guys what being a successful pro is like.

The draft should make up the biggest part, but a vet piece to speed up the process can be a real catalyst.. jmo.

As I said after Stafford...who? Dak will remain in Dallas. No mock has Cowboys drafting QB round one. In the last two days it was also reported that Dallas was not interested in Matthew Stafford.
Jags take TL.
The Sad reality is this was the worst time to pull this. This year and next years draft will get a QB.. May not be Watson quality but you don't give up the barn to get a cow.

Stafford has never won so much as a scratch off, Trubisky is.. well, Trubisky, Wentz was a disaster this year, Tua hasn't done anything, Darnold's somehow done even less, and Dak is coming off of having his leg face the wrong direction..

You're gonna need to name a few more..

Saints gave up their entire draft and next yrs 1st rd pick to the Washington Football Team. Look at what they got. Based on how they've handled the coaching situation, why would anyone have any confidence?

I could say that about Watson, Cal, and Easterby. And BoB. They are all responsible for this dark day (for most Houston Texans fans). I know there's a few that think trading Watson will magically completely heal this franchise by virtue of a few picks but I believe that thinking is flawed. If the way this has all turned out over the last 2 years hasn't convinced every single fan the ownership of this team is the biggest problem with the franchise, I'm not sure what it will take.

Trading Watson cures nothing. But keeping him cures nothing as well. So again, go ahead and trade him. I do believe if he lands on a team that has good ownership and a savvy front office, he's going to get that ring. He won't get it here, though. Not with Cal and Easterby at the top. And Cal has made it abundantly clear to us and all the players, that ain't gonna change.

Agree with the 1st paragraph. But with picks atleast they have a chance if they if they draft very well to have a championship team. If they get this right then this could be a Walker type situation. If they keep DW4 at his salary with no draft picks then all they will be doing is spinning their wheels.

You must not have confidence in Caserio?

With his obvious play on the field for any team that isn't lead by a cult?

81b0d36f878b3c2c9a00441e68acb6fb.jpg

Jack says hello.

Haven't you lost confidence in Caserio? He had the HC forced down his throat. Why would that change with draft prospects or FAs? I was giving Caserio the benefit of the doubt. He's in prove it mode, now.
I agree, Caserio probably had to fall on the sword to protect those couple of idiots

It’s fair to say at this point, so far Casserio is failing at his job. He can still turn it around but right now he seemingly has zero answers for the organization’s biggest problem.

Depends on how much he gets in trade for DW4 and if he hits on those picks.

Depends on how much he gets in trade for DW4 and if he hits on those picks.

A king’s ransom and hitting on every pick could quickly make him a legend in Houston. But that’s a very ambitious goal and finding a franchise QB is much easier said than done. Just ask the browns, bills, jets, etc..

Finding Deshaun’s replacement, if he leaves, will be Casserio’s legacy. Good luck to him.

The Sad reality is this was the worst time to pull this. This year and next years draft will get a QB.. May not be Watson quality but you don't give up the barn to get a cow.
We just disagree on so much. This is the perfect year for this to happen. The second pick and third pick in the draft teams have multiple picks to give to us. That doesn't happen in 2022. Both have excellent vets to offer us for a foundational piece. Both Jets and Dolphins have cap space to absorb Deshaun but at least one guy we need to dump.

Sure, if we cannot get Wilson (Miami trade) we could trade down pick. In that scenario we would try for a QB in 2022 I just don't want to have to go through that again. My perturbation needs to be resolved this offseason.

I wonder if he was consulted about the Culley hire? This after Cal apologized to Watson for leaving him outta the loop on the Caserio hire? I can live with the new coach, losing Watson is another story.

Wasn’t much to consult about, from what we are hearing, and to be fair it’s not confirmed, EB’s demands were way to much for a first tine HC. That left Frazier, who wouldn’t have affected Watson much since he is a defense guy, and Culley who again wouldn’t affect Watson to much since apparently the plan has been to keep Kelly which Watson apparently wanted.

On top of that what about this we keep hearing that he won’t take their calls and it’s didn't matter who the HC was. Doesn’t seem like the kind of guy interested in being consulted.

Watson is good but fact is a good QB can make a bad HC look decent but won’t be able to get the team over the hump, we’ve seen that the last 4 years. However, a good HC can achieve the same thing with a bad team and a bad team can be fixed much faster than a bad HC. I don’t know if Culley will be a good HC or not but then same could be said about all the candidates in this coach search.

A king’s ransom and hitting on every pick could quickly make him a legend in Houston. But that’s a very ambitious goal and finding a franchise QB is much easier said than done. Just ask the browns, bills, jets, etc..

Finding Deshaun’s replacement, if he leaves, will be Casserio’s legacy. Good luck to him.
There are some really good players in the top 120 this year and with our team needs we should do well with an extra 4-5 plus a vet or two from a trade. Give me 6 starters for DW plus our own picks and I will have a smile on my face for 2021 that I did not expect to have. Throw in a first and second starter 20 22 and I will say DeShaun who?

The prospect of getting 3 first rounders plus more would be exiting. The thing is I don't know whether its a good thing to have all that draft capital based on our drafting history.
They are.

He will be.

Or he won't. And he has shown so far he is more Dalton winning .500 or 50% in the playoffs. Meanwhile, Brady and Rogers were in a SB in the time Watson has been in the NFL.

Perhaps he did not have the kind of sway with the Pats that he has with our Texans. At least that seems to be what has been said as of late. I do not know squat at this time but the truth will come out soon enough.

It’s possible absolutely, I would go so far as to say even if he did it was at the height of the Pats dynasty and winning fixes everything. Players will forgive a lot if it means a shot at a ring.

Back