Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Should we trade Watson?

Should we trade Watson?

• Yes, without a doubt.

• Yes, depending on compensation (please list your trade scenario).

• No, never.

• No, unless he plays hardball and sits.

Results are only viewable after voting.
We're in a transitory position right now. We don't know how the Texans are going to be ran going forward. Well, you know because you have ESP, but the rest of us don't.

I don't care if Cal hired Khan, Dorsey, or Reddick... I've been waiting to see if Cal would step back & let his GM do his job. If Cal does that, I think we'll be headed in the right direction.

To be fair to Cal so far they haven't let him step back because even after hiring Caserio everyone still keeps asking Cal about Easterby and how he is/isn't handling the Watson situation. They said as soon as they hired Caserio that he was in charge and they were going to let him take the lead and more or less that things like the HC search were reset but everyone keeps asking why Cal hasn't done anything. Hard to step out of the spotlight when they keep moving the spotlight onto you.

Snyder has now given a football guy Rivera control of his franchise and I see a good future ahead for them. Hopefully Cuck does the same with Caserio.

LOL. Hope springs eternal, evidently. Shanahan is the ultimate "football guy" and has 3 Super Bowl rings. Joe Gibbs is a "football guy" and has 3 Super Bowl rings. Turning your franchise over to a "football guy" doesn't mean you become the Patriots. If it were that easy, every NFL franchise owner could just go and hire a "football guy" and be in the Super Bowl in 3-5 years.

LOL. Hope springs eternal, evidently. Shanahan is the ultimate "football guy" and has 3 Super Bowl rings. Joe Gibbs is a "football guy" and has 3 Super Bowl rings. Turning your franchise over to a "football guy" doesn't mean you become the Patriots. If it were that easy, every NFL franchise owner could just go and hire a "football guy" and be in the Super Bowl in 3-5 years.

Caserio has 6

I wouldn't put it past the Texans to pull off one more stupid move....by trading Watson.

Caserio has his job cut out for him by unducking OB's major mess and getting Watson signed to a new long term deal. Caserio could try floating Watson's 2022 salary as a signing bonus (another lump sum) to lower his cap hit and stretch the current contract out with the new money for another 5 years. Not an impossible move if the goal is to keep him and the team competitive.

Now, if Waatson still wants out.....then it falls on Caserio to land a trade partner that doesn't mind paying Watson and giving up a bundle of picks along with a player or two.

To be fair to Cal so far they haven't let him step back because even after hiring Caserio everyone still keeps asking Cal about Easterby and how he is/isn't handling the Watson situation. They said as soon as they hired Caserio that he was in charge and they were going to let him take the lead and more or less that things like the HC search were reset but everyone keeps asking why Cal hasn't done anything. Hard to step out of the spotlight when they keep moving the spotlight onto you.

That spotlight's on him because of Easterby and "the Texans way". He / they refuse to change how they operate , they put things like religion before football ability .... Hence Culley over Bieniemy.

Its pretty clear who's in charge here .... and it aint the GM. Its the owner and the preacher running this carnival.

That spotlight's on him because of Easterby and "the Texans way". He / they refuse to change how they operate , they put things like religion before football ability .... Hence Culley over Bieniemy.
I’m sure that’s why the Lions, Jets, Falcons, Jaguars, & Chargers didn’t hire him either. Texans do it & it’s a big deal.

You’re right. I don’t know why those guys picked someone else. & we don’t know how much a factor religion was a factor in their decision. Seems there is a football reason 12 teams have passed on Bieniemy. Texans aren’t anydifferent.

I’m sure that’s why the Lions, Jets, Falcons, Jaguars, & Chargers didn’t hire him either. Texans do it & it’s a big deal.

You’re right. I don’t know why those guys picked someone else. & we don’t know how much a factor religion was a factor in their decision. Seems there is a football reason 12 teams have passed on Bieniemy. Texans aren’t anydifferent.

From everything I've heard from inside the organization for the last 6 weeks , Bieniemy was a foregone conclusion until the last minute and suddenly they go another direction and all we're hearing about is "Character / Culture change" .... cept this guy is the same kinda character / culture this franchise has appeared to be since day one when they picked HWWNBM over Peppers. A face of the franchise over a football player.

Watson had it right - Some things never change. The Texans are a marketing firm with a football division.

I could say that about Watson, Cal, and Easterby. And BoB. They are all responsible for this dark day (for most Houston Texans fans). I know there's a few that think trading Watson will magically completely heal this franchise by virtue of a few picks but I believe that thinking is flawed. If the way this has all turned out over the last 2 years hasn't convinced every single fan the ownership of this team is the biggest problem with the franchise, I'm not sure what it will take.

Trading Watson cures nothing. But keeping him cures nothing as well. So again, go ahead and trade him. I do believe if he lands on a team that has good ownership and a savvy front office, he's going to get that ring. He won't get it here, though. Not with Cal and Easterby at the top. And Cal has made it abundantly clear to us and all the players, that ain't gonna change.

It’s fair to say at this point, so far Casserio is failing at his job. He can still turn it around but right now he seemingly has zero answers for the organization’s biggest problem.

You bet sure. What Johnson wrote means absolutely nothing. Easterby was here when Watson signed the extension, Cal was here when Watson signed the extension, hell even OB was here when Watson signed the extension and Hopkins had already been traded when he signed the extension. He knew exactly what he was signing up for and then he starting whining because they didn't let him make a decision way above his pay grade and that he was completely unqualified to make.

It’s fair to say at this point, so far Casserio is failing at his job. He can still turn it around but right now he seemingly has zero answers for the organization’s biggest problem.

No he doesn't have the answer you want which apparently nobody does because if reports are to be believed Watson has decided to act like a spoiled brat and take his ball and go home. There are lots of answers to this, make him honor his contract, fine him if he doesn't or trade him for a king's ransom. Keeping Watson is just one answer and frankly at this point I'm not sure its the right one. Watson is showing a lack of maturity and leadership.

You bet sure. What Johnson wrote means absolutely nothing. Easterby was here when Watson signed the extension, Cal was here when Watson signed the extension, hell even OB was here when Watson signed the extension and Hopkins had already been traded when he signed the extension. He knew exactly what he was signing up for and then he starting whining because they didn't let him make a decision way above his pay grade and that he was completely unqualified to make.

Well, you sound more emotional than you believe Watson is.

Look, football is a business. All parties should and will do what they believe is in their best interest. Watson got a big money deal and perhaps more importantly negotiated a no-trade clause into his contract. I can't be mad about that since you have to take money in this business whenever it's presented to you. Maybe he thought things would change and they haven't. Now he wants out. The Texans now have the right to do whatever they can/want.

We really have no idea what went down and we might not ever know. Yet you're always here speculating, speculating, speculating and running with every piece of gossip like someone who can't get enough of the Real Housewives.

No he doesn't have the answer you want which apparently nobody does because if reports are to be believed Watson has decided to act like a spoiled brat and take his ball and go home. There are lots of answers to this, make him honor his contract, fine him if he doesn't or trade him for a king's ransom. Keeping Watson is just one answer and frankly at this point I'm not sure its the right one. Watson is showing a lack of maturity and leadership.

No, this is your interpretation of the reports. For all we know, the other 52 guys on the roster may stand in support with Watson. We really don't know because we're not inside the organization. It's like me trying to tell any of you what happens inside of your place of work.

Sheesh people really hurt right now. Funny calling someone acting like a spoiled brat like they are a kid but yet sit up here and type all angry and throwing a temper tantrum over a forum because someone asked for a trade..oh the irony....

i'm not what i read it was his agent talking about politics. I'm only going with what everyone is saying talking about the media will do anything for a story

So first you say you're mad about Watson crying on social media. Now you say you're mad about what you read his agent was saying about politics??

Sir, could you please make up your mind about what you want to be mad about?

So first you say you're mad about Watson crying on social media. Now you say you're mad about what you read his agent was saying about politics??

Sir, could you please make up your mind about what you want to be mad about?
are blind did you read my reply? there's 2 different stories going around the 1st story is Watson making a cryptic tweet about "something never change" that could mean anything the 2nd story is that it was watsons agent talking about politics. now EVERYONE seems to think its the first story. Who am i suppose to believe?

Sheesh people really hurt right now. Funny calling someone acting like a spoiled brat like they are a kid but yet sit up here and type all angry and throwing a temper tantrum over a forum because someone asked for a trade..oh the irony....

I'm saying he's acting like a spoiled brat not because he asked for a trade but because this whole thing started because he didn't get to pick the GM, something no player ever should do and then they have gone out of their way to give him what he wants and he apparently isn't even taking their phone calls. Finally I'm not angry, that would imply that anything Watson or the Texans do actually impacts my life, I just have zero respect for people that act like he's acting. If Watson wasn't such a talented QB then no one would be defending him just like no one defends the millions of other people unhappy with their work situations.

I'm saying he's acting like a spoiled brat not because he asked for a trade but because this whole thing started because he didn't get to pick the GM, something no player ever should do and then they have gone out of their way to give him what he wants and he apparently isn't even taking their phone calls. Finally I'm not angry, that would imply that anything Watson or the Texans do actually impacts my life, I just have zero respect for people that act like he's acting. If Watson wasn't such a talented QB then no one would be defending him just like no one defends the millions of other people unhappy with their work situations.

We weren’t there when he had his conversations with McNair or how long this has been going on in terms of him having a issue with Cal and Jack. But listen to his exit interview also listen to JJ interview. There’s a lot more to this entire situation then what we know. I don’t believe this just randomly happened because he wasn’t consulted over GM position. But end of day we won’t ever agree or see eye to eye and that’s ok. I’m a players person and will always side with players if within reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a players person and will always side with players if within reason.
I'm not trying to take sides at all. But... it would be easier to take the players side, for me, if I knew what his issue was. If he is in fact trying to force management to make personnel decisions, especially front office personnel decisions... I'm not on board. & if we're only hearing one side of the story through innuendo & supposition, even less so.

This team is in such a hole right now, that trading him is about the only option. Almost pull what the astros did,gut the team and rebuild.

Flip side is while i keep a side eye on the team,i don't really waste 3 hours on a sunday watching this train wreck. Texans screwed the culture by not making changes after the KC playoff game..but that is water under the bridge

This team is in such a hole right now, that trading him is about the only option. Almost pull what the astros did,gut the team and rebuild.

Flip side is while i keep a side eye on the team,i don't really waste 3 hours on a sunday watching this train wreck. Texans screwed the culture by not making changes after the KC playoff game..but that is water under the bridge
There is no point to gut the team with the McNairs being involved. Ownership is trash.

From everything I've heard from inside the organization for the last 6 weeks , Bieniemy was a foregone conclusion until the last minute and suddenly they go another direction and all we're hearing about is "Character / Culture change" .... cept this guy is the same kinda character / culture this franchise has appeared to be since day one when they picked HWWNBM over Peppers. A face of the franchise over a football player.

Watson had it right - Some things never change. The Texans are a marketing firm with a football division.

EB wanted control and to be paid top HC money. That was the deal breaker.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to take sides at all. But... it would be easier to take the players side, for me, if I knew what his issue was. If he is in fact trying to force management to make personnel decisions, especially front office personnel decisions... I'm not on board. & if we're only hearing one side of the story through innuendo & supposition, even less so.

Yea I can definitely understand your stance. Due to lack of information we are all left to speculate what the issue is. I try not to guess on this stuff I believe it’s just been multiple things that he’s seen and he feels he can’t trust Cal or Jack.

Back