Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

With the final pick of the 3rd Round, the Atlanta Falcons draft, Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse.

sfb_081223_fo_arthurjones.jpg

Injuries dropped him down a bit, good against the run, quick off the ball, can command a double team at times.

1st - Sergio Kindle, OLB/DE
3rda - Marshall Newhouse, OG
3rdb - Arthur Jones, DT

The Titans so far have:

1.) Dez Bryant, WR

Playmaking wide receiver to pair with Kenny Britt for Vince Young to throw to. Has all the physical tools to become a threat...if he can get his head in the game.

3.) Geno Atkins, DT

Undersized under tackle, not a mauler but a disruptive force who can shoot the gaps and contribute. Did not make the pick and do not agree with this pick since the Titans drafted Sen'Derrick Marks to play the role but you can't have enough DTs.

3.) Eric Norwood, OLB

Underrated prospect at OLB. Undersized (can't do anything about height) but plays with heart and is built. Can knock the crap outta anyone and has decent pass rush ability for a OLB in a 4-3 defense.

The Titans so far have:

1.) Dez Bryant, WR

Playmaking wide receiver to pair with Kenny Britt for Vince Young to throw to. Has all the physical tools to become a threat...if he can get his head in the game.

3.) Geno Atkins, DT

Undersized under tackle, not a mauler but a disruptive force who can shoot the gaps and contribute. Did not make the pick and do not agree with this pick since the Titans drafted Sen'Derrick Marks to play the role but you can't have enough DTs.

3.) Eric Norwood, OLB

Underrated prospect at OLB. Undersized (can't do anything about height) but plays with heart and is built. Can knock the crap outta anyone and has decent pass rush ability for a OLB in a 4-3 defense.

That's a good draft for them for sure. Norwood will be interesting at OLB in that 4-3 though. He can certainly rush the passer but we will see where he is at in coverage. He will be an excellent special teamer.

Perhaps we should say if anyone is not keen to carry on to say so, we can give the team to another person on here who wants to carry on.

I'd suggest some O-Line help.

How about Ciron Black, LT, LSU

Ciron Black is a good pick. Probably can play RT or OG. They could use help on defense, maybe a linebacker perhaps? AJ Edds from Iowa, Justin Cole SJSU, Cameron Sheffield from Troy, and Rennie Curran from Georgia.

I'd vote for Rennie Curran from Georgia. Although undersized he had a productive career and played for three season. He had 298 total tackles, 24 TFLs, and 6.5 sacks.

Ciron Black is a good pick. Probably can play RT or OG. They could use help on defense, maybe a linebacker perhaps? AJ Edds from Iowa, Justin Cole SJSU, Cameron Sheffield from Troy, and Rennie Curran from Georgia.

They already got Navarro Bowman in the third, so I think they wouldn't double up.

The Rams need a rush DE, a DT, a QB, and a MLB. According to my board...

Jermain Cunningham, DE
Jason Worilds, DE
George Selvie, DE
Dan Lefevre, QB
D'Anthony Smith, DT
Pat Angerer, MLB

Honestly, I'd go Lefevre.

WalterFootball and ESPN don't show T as a major need for them right now.

The Rams need a rush DE, a DT, a QB, and a MLB. According to my board...

Jermain Cunningham, DE
Jason Worilds, DE
George Selvie, DE
Dan Lefevre, QB
D'Anthony Smith, DT
Pat Angerer, MLB

Honestly, I'd go Lefevre.

WalterFootball and ESPN don't show T as a major need for them right now.

Lefevre

They need a QB badly and Lefevre is the best on the board.

Sorry folks, been getting rocked by allergies the past two days so I've been taking a lot of Day/Ny Quill and sleeping a lot, but on to the pick...

With the first pick in the 4th round of the 2010 Texans Talk Mock Draft, the St. Louis Rams select...

Jermaine Cunningham, DE, Florida

JCunningham_UK.jpg

Reasoning: The Rams need to get to the opposing teams QB better than they did last year. At this point in the draft, Cunningham is a good value and from a winning college program who can bring a good attitude to a young and rebuilding football team.

Probably close to being the top player left on the big board.

Seems a shame for the Rams to have so much invested on their DL and it still be a big need for them.

Probably close to being the top player left on the big board.

Seems a shame for the Rams to have so much invested on their DL and it still be a big need for them.

It wouldn't be a problem it's just that there OT they drafted sucks, Jason Smith was injured IIRC and Chris Long is still developing. As for Adam arriker, he is a DE and not a DT so the Rams should've kept him on the outside.

They do have a productive DE in James Hall who isn't used much for some reason (I bet the Lions wished they kept him)

With the 101st pick in the NFL mock draft the Tampa Bay Bucs select Jason Fox OT Miami Fla.

Fox is a 2nd rd talent who fell to the 4th rd because of not being able to workout at the Combine. (injuries)

Tampa Bay has no depth on their OL but has a firly solid starting OL. This gives Fox time to get healthy. If healthy Fox is a stud OT with great feet and good strength.

Rd.1 Berry
Rd.2 Dunlop
Rd.2 Benn
Rd.3 Houston
Rd.4 Fox

Tampa Bay is very happy with this mock draft.

With the 102nd pick in the 2010 NFL Mock Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select....

Dexter McCluster WR/RB/ST

30d1a.jpeg

He needs to bulk up when he gets to the pros but aside from that, he has speed. He can play WR/RB/and special teams, he can become the X-factor, a player who excells at taking the ball and going towards the end zone regardless of what position he plays.

With the 102nd pick in the 2010 NFL Mock Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select....

Dexter McCluster WR/RB/ST

30d1a.jpeg

He needs to bulk up when he gets to the pros but aside from that, he has speed. He can play WR/RB/and special teams, he can become the X-factor, a player who excells at taking the ball and going towards the end zone regardless of what position he plays.

Now THAT is a freaking steal.

With the 101st pick in the NFL mock draft the Tampa Bay Bucs select Jason Fox OT Miami Fla.

Fox is a 2nd rd talent who fell to the 4th rd because of not being able to workout at the Combine. (injuries)

Tampa Bay has no depth on their OL but has a firly solid starting OL. This gives Fox time to get healthy. If healthy Fox is a stud OT with great feet and good strength.

Rd.1 Berry
Rd.2 Dunlop
Rd.2 Benn
Rd.3 Houston
Rd.4 Fox

Tampa Bay is very happy with this mock draft.

That is a solid draft.

Yeah, no way he really falls that far. But man what an addition he could make to a team.

I was targeting him in the 2nd round for the Patriots but there were other players who fit better. No way McCluster lasts past the 3rd, maybe 2nd round.

The Washington Redskins select Zane Beadles, Utah, OT.

utah_zane_beadles.jpg

A Tackle at Utah, The Redskins will move him to the inside to help boost their OL.

104) Seattle Seahawks - steelbtexan

105) Cleveland Browns - section516

106) Oakland Raiders - Texan In Japan

107) Buffalo Bills - awtysst

108) Jacksonville Jaguars - Ole Miss Texan

Just an FYI guys, I know my pick is going to come up pretty quickly. I've got to head in to the office and update my draft board with all the players that have been taken over the last 2 days.

With the 104th pick in the NFL mock draft The Seahawks select Joe McKnight RB USC.

Carroll/Gibs goes to the well of talent that he knows in McKnight. Personally I would've taken Hardesty but I'm trying to think like Carroll would. McKnight is a good choice in that he knows the system (obviously) is very fast and elusive. McKnight will be a stud in a 15/20 carry role. As part of a 2 RB system.

Seattle is also very happy with their mock draft.

Rd.1 Bradford
Rd.1 Williams
Rd2 Burnett
Rd4 McKnight

This mock proves how deep this draft is. Guys that normally would go late 2nd/early 3rd will be available in the 5th rd.

Deepest draft in years, IMHO

Last edited:
Seattle is also very happy with their mock draft.

Rd.1 Bradford
Rd.1 Williams
Rd2 Burnett
Rd4 McKnight

This mock proves how deep this draft is. Guys that normally would go late 2nd/early 3rd will be available in the 5th rd.

Deepest draft in years, IMHO

It would be damning if Carroll went Hardesty. :)

That's a good draft and I agree that this is a deep draft this year. There are a lot of good guys still on the board.

Should we make Section516's pick? He was on 2 hours ago and didnt PM me his pick.

Suggested pick:

Ciron Black, OG, LSU
Carlton Mitchell, WR, South Florida
Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas
Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota

Should we make Section516's pick? He was on 2 hours ago and didnt PM me his pick.

Suggested pick:

Ciron Black, OG, LSU
Section516 PM'd me this morning with his selection of Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas for the Cleveland Browns. (PM just forwarded to Super Mario)

Suggested pick:

Ciron Black, OG, LSU

Brown's Picks so far:

1. Earl Thomas, FS
2. Patrick Robinson, CB
3. Jahvid Best, RB
4. Colt McCoy, QB
5. Thaddeus Gibson, OLB

I think their biggest need is for receivers. They need a couple of them.

I'd go Carlton Mitchell in this spot. But Shipley is a good choice, too. There are a lot of receivers in this range to choose from.

Mark me down for Mitchell.

I'm not a UT nuthugger. I swear. I think on playing the pass, Earl Thomas is better than Eric Berry.

I didn't make the Colt McCoy pick, but thats who i would of picked.

And i think Jordan Shipley is the better pick, especially due to the chemistry he will already have with his QB

Back