Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

So consensus Browns Pick?

So far they have Earl Thomas, Patrick Robinson, Jahvid Best, and Colt McCoy.

Thaddeus Gibson OLB Ohio St.

Browns have the worst LB corps in the league.

Gibson is a player.

I suggest that the Browns take Eric Norwood who is still on the board. He is a solid linebacker who had a productive career at South Carolina and can fit in the 3-4 scheme.

Make a decision, my pick is ready to go!

The Cleveland Browns Select: Thaddeus Gibson, OLB, Ohio State

thad_gibcopy-thumb-255x306-9816.jpg

With the 30th pick in the 3rd round, the Minnesota Vikings select Torrell Troup, DT, from the University of Central Florida.

CF09--OCT._24--P52__UCF-RICE.jpg

The defense has long been a staple of this franchise, and I would like to see that trend continue. Pat and Kyle Williams have been dominating interior lines for the last 6 years, but now Pat is getting old. Troup will be the 3rd DT in the rotation. He is in the mold of the Williams, big at 6’3” 314 lbs, yet quick enough to apply pressure. By the time the 2011 season rolls around, Troup will be ready to start alongside Kyle Williams.

Last of round 3.

94) Indianapolis Colts - Ole Miss Texan

95) New Orleans Saints - Texan In Japan

96) Cincinnati Bengals - JB

97) Tennessee Titans- Texan4Ever

98) Atlanta Falcons - kiwitexansfan

With the 30th pick in the 3rd round, the Minnesota Vikings select Torrell Troup, DT, from the University of Central Florida.

The defense has long been a staple of this franchise, and I would like to see that trend continue. Pat and Kyle Williams have been dominating interior lines for the last 6 years, but now Pat is getting old. Troup will be the 3rd DT in the rotation. He is in the mold of the Williams, big at 6’3” 314 lbs, yet quick enough to apply pressure. By the time the 2011 season rolls around, Troup will be ready to start alongside Kyle Williams.

Good pick, he was a consideration for my next pick. I felt he was more a 3-4 NT than a 4-3 DT but if your scheme fits the Williams' he is a great fit.

Good pick, he was a consideration for my next pick. I felt he was more a 3-4 NT than a 4-3 DT but if your scheme fits the Williams' he is a great fit.

What is so cool about the Vikings defense is that they run a 4-3, but with 3-4 type tackles. Troup was just too good to pass up at that spot.

I think that if we are mocking the draft we should mock the actual draft that we are mocking and that draft includes compensatory picks.

Then again, I could be biased because I get one :)

Indianapolis Colts select Syd'Quan Thompson, CB, California.

syd1(1).jpg

Being consistent with history, the Colts look to add another CB from Cal in the 3rd round (Daymeion Hughes 2007). Hughes was cut last year, Indy's overall CB situation is need of some boost. They've got some young aspiring guys but look for Thompson to push them and get some playing time. Syd'Quan looks to fit Indy's style of play and can contribute on special teams. Alualu and Syd'Quan will look to establish a Cal Bears alumni club in Indianapolis.

nice pick, seems about right where he might go :)

Is there a negative reason why we shouldnt do the comp picks?

Just that it adds another round. And we are averaging about a week per round. So that tacks on a week. Also, some of the people who dont delve hard core into this stuff will start to run out of prospects.

Just that it adds another round. And we are averaging about a week per round. So that tacks on a week. Also, some of the people who dont delve hard core into this stuff will start to run out of prospects.

I am thinking this mock has run its course after 3 rounds.

Indianapolis Colts select Syd'Quan Thompson, CB, California.

syd1(1).jpg

Being consistent with history, the Colts look to add another CB from Cal in the 3rd round (Daymeion Hughes 2007). Hughes was cut last year, Indy's overall CB situation is need of some boost. They've got some young aspiring guys but look for Thompson to push them and get some playing time. Syd'Quan looks to fit Indy's style of play and can contribute on special teams. Alualu and Syd'Quan will look to establish a Cal Bears alumni club in Indianapolis.

He was top of my board as insurance for when the Falcons realised Dunta's true value.

Why not do round 4, that's what we signed on for and we're now getting to the interesting picks where GM's have to think and research players. Come on round 4. It also gives a truer evaluation of a teams needs and picks. This is where it gets fun. Besides this draft is deep in talent and there are still plenty of good players out there.

Syd Quan Thompson is a very good pick for the Colts.

Why not do round 4, that's what we signed on for and we're now getting to the interesting picks where GM's have to think and research players. Come on round 4. It also gives a truer evaluation of a teams needs and picks. This is where it gets fun. Besides this draft is deep in talent and there are still plenty of good players out there.

Syd Quan Thompson is a very good pick for the Colts.

I'm all for going on.

I suspect this is around where Syd'Quan will go due to his size (or lack thereof) and mundane 40 time. He should fit in perfectly in the Colts style of defense though.

I want to do at least 1 more round maybe 2. Like I said this is where the draft really gets interesting and there are plenty of good players.

Syd Quan should be a good CB in a couple years, Cal has some really good athletes. He may take some seasoning but he should be real good in a year or 2.

With the first compensatory pick the Cincinati Bengals select

Donovan Warren- CB Mich. He will step in as the nickel corner right away, and with the addition of he and Mays, the Bengals may now have the most feared secondary in the league. Joseph, Hall, Ndukwe, Mays & Warren! Wow!

With the first compensatory pick the Cincinati Bengals select

Donovan Warren- CB Mich. He will step in as the nickel corner right away, and with the addition of he and Mays, the Bengals may now have the most feared secondary in the league. Joseph, Hall, Ndukwe, Mays & Warren! Wow!

All my CB are going off the board :(

How many compensatory picks are there?

Who is the last team to make a compensatory pick in rd. 3 ?

The Titans select...

Eric Norwood, OLB South Carolina

623-3354.standalone.prod_affiliate.74.JPG

The Titans need help on defense and with Norwood available as a linebacker I couldn't pass up on him. Yes, he is short but he can be an excellent pass rusher IMO and he has the size to take on blockers if need be.

Back