Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

Good value at this point in the draft.

Done.

107) Buffalo Bills - awtysst - on the clock.

108) Jacksonville Jaguars - Ole Miss Texan

109) Chicago Bears - pbat488

110) Miami Dolphins - JB

111) Tennessee Titans - Texan4Ever

Please PM your picks if you are coming up soon and wont be close by.

When you get to the 4th round you look for value. You take players that have potential and you look for guys that may be able top provide adequate depth. If your 4th rounder is able to stick around and contribute in any way, you have done a good job.

In our case, we found a guy who we think is excellent depth now and can potentially start in the future. Some people have been down on him becuase his 40 was a little on the slow side, but what I am looking for is a football player. I am looking for a guy that gives his all on every play. He is a smart young guy who will use his brain to adjust to the offense. He is the kind of guy you want on your sideline and on your side.

So, without further ado, I present to you Buffalo's 4th round pick: Myron Rolle!

myronrolle.jpg

Reggie Nelson known as "The Eraser" is quickly letting the Jags fan know why. He is quickly being erased from their hearts and may soon be erased from the roster for his "bust-like symptoms".

With that said, the Jacksonville Jaguars select TJ Ward, Safety from Oregon. TJ is a safety that is just as punishing a hitter as Taylor Mays but a better tackler and MUCH better in pass coverage.

I just want to put it out there now that I will not be making any additional Buffalo Bills picks. I signed up for a 4 round draft and have honored my commitment. If this mock continues forward, I will no longer participate due to timing issues coming up.

Since I still have the Arizona Cardinals in the 4th, I will make their pick. After that pick, I will no longer make picks for them after the 4th.

I say this now in order to give a heads up so that someone else can take over at this point with plenty of notice.

I also want to point out how pleased I am with my two teams:

Buffalo Bills
1. Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee
2. Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
3. Koa Misi, DE/OLB, Utah
4. Myron Rolle, S, Florida State University

Arizona Cardinals
1.Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU
2. Linval Joseph, NT, East Carolina
3a Tony Washington, OT, Abilene Christian
3b Eric Olsen, C, Notre Dame
4. TBD

PM from Pbat488

Possibility I won't be there to check, but if the next two picks happen within a couple hours, I should be able to make the pick...

but my first choice by far is Walt McFadden, CB, Auburn... he's already got a personal workout scheduled with the Bears, so they think he fits what they're looking for..

110) Miami Dolphins - JB - on the clock

111) Tennessee Titans - Texan4Ever

112) Carolina Panthers - djohn2oo8

113) San Francisco 49ers - Kaiser Toro

114) Denver Broncos - Super Mario

PM from Pbat488

Possibility I won't be there to check, but if the next two picks happen within a couple hours, I should be able to make the pick...

but my first choice by far is Walt McFadden, CB, Auburn... he's already got a personal workout scheduled with the Bears, so they think he fits what they're looking for..

I was hoping he'd fall to the Falcons. Good value pick I think.

With the 110th selection in the 2010 draft the Miami Dolphins select

Al Woods- DT LSU

This guy can step in and play either the 5 technique or NT.

With the 111th overall pick, the Titans select....

Myron Lewis, CB

The Titans need a cornerback and with Warren off the board, Lewis is the next best player. Tall with decent size and speed, Lewis can become a force but is more of a project at this point.

ncf_g_florida_600.jpg

PM from Pbat488

Thanks Mario, here was the post I made that I probably could of PMed...

With the 109th pick in the 2010 Texans Talk Mock Draft, the Chicago Bears select...

Walter McFadden, CB, Auburn

outback_first.jpg

Reasoning: In this draft and offseason, the Bears are retooling their defense to get it back to where it once was. With Vasher gone and incumbent Corey Graham not a dependable corner, the Bears take the CB they like best in a spot of fairly good value. Also, McFadden has a personal workout scheduled for the Bears on April 7th, so it seems they like the way he plays and think he could fit into their defense.

112) Carolina Panthers - djohn2oo8 - on the clock

113) San Francisco 49ers - Kaiser Toro

114) Denver Broncos - Super Mario

115) New York Giants - Wolf6151

116) Pittsburgh Steelers - Super Mario

What about Dezmon Briscoe, Riley Cooper or Mike Williams?

What about Dezmon Briscoe, Riley Cooper or Mike Williams?

Right now, my board at WR goes like this:

Mike Williams
Dezmon Briscoe
Jacoby Ford
Carlton Mitchell
--------------------------- DRAFT POINT
Taylor Price
Danario Alexander
Eric Decker

The guys above the "draft point" are guys I expected to be gone by now. So for me, any of those guys are probably a good choice.

Jacoby Ford is 5' 9" and I don't think the Panthers want 2 smurfs on the field. So Ford is out.

Now, ignoring Steve Smith for a moment, the Panthers are a running team. I think they'd be happy to get a bigger WR who can also (possibly) block with some training. Of these guys, Calton Mitchell and Danario Alexander are the biggest two. Now, I know that big <> ability to block but for right now, I'm going to make that assumption.

Bottom line: Someone suggested Mitchell as a possibility. I see him as a fit. So I agree even though there are other WRs that could be just as good.

KT is running up on his deadline.

He PM'ed me with Myron Rolle, but he was recently drafted. Any suggestions?

Reshad Jones, FS/SS, Georgia
TJ Ward, SS, Oregon
Larry Asante, SS, Nebraska

TJ Ward, SS, Oregon

Probably Jones

TJ Ward, SS, Oregon

NOOOOOOOOOOOO, I was going to pick him for the Giants right after you. Crap.:gun:

Go ahead and pick the BPA for KT, if that's Reshad Jones so be it, I got other good players on my list.

San Francisco picks Reshad Jones-S from Georgia.

SteelbTexan has my pick list, feel free to take the 2nd guy on my list even after hours.

With the 115th pick in the NFL mock draft Wolf 6151 via PM selects Kyle Calloway OT Iowa.

Wolf you got a steal here. Calloway has played everywhere but C on the Hawkeyes OL. He's a big strong physical OL. Who despite running a slow 40 time at the combine has very good short area quickness and functional strength. He played in a ZBS system. Calloway looked very good in the all-star practices and game.

Teams that need OL to play quickly cant go wrong selecting a Ferentz coached OL.

The Pittsburgh Steelers Select: Mike Neal, DL, Purdue

purdue-football-mike-neal.jpg

Even with Ziggy Hood on the roster the stillers need more big men to back up or replace Casey Hampton (32) and Aaron Smith (34). One of the strongest players in the draft, can take on and split double teams. Could project at DE or NT in a 3-4 defense.

Last edited:
117) Atlanta Falcons - kiwitexansfan

118) Houston Texans - HOU-TEX

119) New England Patriots - TexansSeminole

120) Cincinnati Bengals - JB

121) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75

With the 115th pick in the NFL mock draft Wolf 6151 via PM selects Kyle Calloway OT Iowa.

Wolf you got a steal here. Calloway has played everywhere but C on the Hawkeyes OL. He's a big strong physical OL. Who despite running a slow 40 time at the combine has very good short area quickness and functional strength. He played in a ZBS system. Calloway looked very good in the all-star practices and game.

Teams that need OL to play quickly cant go wrong selecting a Ferentz coached OL.

Thanks Steelbtexan, I was away for a while. The Giants need RT and Calloway's lack of elite speed shouldn't be a big deal on the right side. Also Iowa O-linemen are always good prospects. Through 4 rounds the Giants have:

Brian Price-DT
Brandon Spikes-MLB
J.D. Walton-C
Kyle Calloway-OT

The Atlanta Falcons are happy to have a player they covet and have had at the top of the board for the last round and a half fall to them here in the 4th.

The Falcons select Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky.

trevard-lindley.jpg

Graded as a 2nd rounder following the 2009 season, Lindley struggled with a high ankle sprain through 2010 to see his stock slip. While lacking prototypical speed and strength, he does possess good instincts and an ability to read the game.

He has shown an above average ability to break passes up and became known for making big plays at big moments. If his hands were a little better he would be a real ball hawk. Even with his poor hands he is the all time leader in interceptions at Kentucky.

With the Falcons participation in this draft complete, I am pleased with what we were able to do with the team.

1. Sergio Kindle, OLB/DE, Texas
3a. Marshall Newhouse, OL, TCU
3b. Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse
4. Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky

I think all 4 players have a chance to contribute early in their careers and they are all players that mesh need and bpa requirements.

With the Falcons participation in this draft complete, I am pleased with what we were able to do with the team.

1. Sergio Kindle, OLB/DE, Texas
3a. Marshall Newhouse, OL, TCU
3b. Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse
4. Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky

I think all 4 players have a chance to contribute early in their careers and they are all players that mesh need and bpa requirements.

Not a bad draft, if you can get Kindle to play OLB or DE with his hand down you got yourself a solid football player. Everyone else hits a position of need so good job :bravo:

There is a certain Georgia DT left aside from Atkins and Owens that would be nice to have. A Mr. Kad Weston, 6'5" 325-lbs defensive tackle who played well for the Bulldogs last season.

I would punch myself in the face if the Texans picked Weston here. Terrible pick (In my opinion), a 7th rounder at best. Owens is still around, he is perfect for the Texans D.

I would punch myself in the face if the Texans picked Weston here. Terrible pick (In my opinion), a 7th rounder at best. Owens is still around, he is perfect for the Texans D.

Yes Owens would be a good fit as would D'Anthony Smith- Louisiana Tech

Well ... right now I might go Anthony Dixon for a power back . Why ... they have Tate , iffy Slaton , and 2 UDFA .

I think that we would need to address the holes still at FS and DT before we take another RB. I would nominate either D'Anthony Smith or Chancellor

Back