Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

OT that could shift inside to OG

Jason Fox,Selvish Capers

That should be a good list to go by.

This is an option I hadn't really been considering: switching an OT into OG for the ZBS. That does make a ton of sense.

I'd assume that you'd want a shorter OT with good athleticism. Capers makes sense.

How about Andrew Tyshovnytsky from Fordham? He put up some good numbers. I'm not saying with this pick, but later in the draft?

I've never seen the guy from Fordham play. But I've read about him and he has great measurables.

Is he Walter Jones or Lydon Murtha? Both were combine stars.

Lets make the group pick.

I hope Hou Tex is OK. This is out of character for him.

Well i held off as long as I could. Lets get the first 4 consensus to pick.

Mike Johnson, Alabama
Marshall Newhouse, TCU
Jason Fox, Miami
Torrell Troup, Central Florida
Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati

Well i held off as long as I could. Lets get the first 4 consensus to pick.

Mike Johnson, Alabama
Marshall Newhouse, TCU
Jason Fox, Miami
Torrell Troup, Central Florida
Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati

Mike Johnson

In the 3rd round of the 2010 NFL draft, the Houston Texans select:

Mike Johnson G, Alabama

cardslogo.jpg

Johnson's been considered a leader on the field. He's quick, very smart and can adjust in a quick manner.

I apologize for droppin the ball y'all. I've been super busy lately. Honestly, I didn't think it'd make it to me over the weekend.

83) Atlanta Falcons - kiwitexansfan

84) Cincinnati Bengals - JB

85) Cleveland Browns (Via/OAK via/NE) - section516

86) Green Bay Packers - The Pencil Neck

87) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75

With the Atlanta Falcons 3rd round pick, they select a player whose name has been on the lips of many on this board over the last few days, Marshall Newhouse, TCU.

tcu_player_card_design_70.jpg

The Falcons have talent and weapons on offense but if the line isn't up to it, it all counts for nothing. Newhouse brings athleticism and versatility to the Falcons line.

1st Round - Sergio Kindle, Texas, Pass Rusher (OLB/DE)
3rd Round - Marshall Newhouse, OG, TCU

The Cincinnati Bengals are very happy to add another weapon for Palmer.
With their 3rd selection the Bengals select Mardy Gilyard WR
gilyard1_1_330-300x256.jpg

They finally got the slot receiver they have been wanting.

Nice pick for the Bengals. A WR that can likely play week 1 in the 3rd round...can't beat that.

Very good pick for the Bengals and great value in the 3rd round.

If the Browns dont take Colt McCoy then they are crazy.

I see him as a good pick if a team can let him sit for at least a year, maybe 2, and let him learn and adjust to the pro system. If a team is looking for him to start right away then he's going to be a bust.

Via PM. The Pencil Neck's Green Bay Packers select: Mitch Petrus, OG, Arkansas

AUNTHFLLCKADLSN.20071125132914.jpg

Thanks, man.

I was really torn on this pick. Petrus was my first choice, but as the picks went by, I started to get enamored of Reshad Jones (S) and the fact that McCluster is just sitting there... waiting... almost made me pick him.

But they've had injuries all along that line. Their LG is coming off of back surgery and may not be at full strength. So I think this is the best pick for them.

If Campbell and Petrus work out, they could end up with a dominant o-line.

2010 Packers:
1. Bruce Campbell, LT
2. Dominique Franks, CB
3. Mitch Petrus, OG

Sometimes people make bad decisions in life. Sometimes really make really bad decisions in life. Sometimes people make REALLY bad decisions in life.

The character of a man is what he does afterwards, how he atones for his mistakes, and he he refrained from the previous behavior. Now, when I name the following pick, I know some of yall will say "ew" , the guy is sick" or that he has character issues. Did he do something disgusting: yes, absolutely. However, lets also remember that their are NFL players that have done far worse.

That said, this prospect has first round talent but his indiscretions as a teenager has cost him a lot of $. The events in question happened 7 years ago and he has not had any problems since.

This may be a reach, but I do not believe he will be available later on. So, without further ado I present to you the Arizona Cardinals 3rd round selection: OT Tony Washington!!!

TonyWashington.png

The Arizona Cardinals are on the clock. Yup, we have back to back choices!

Sticking with the O-line, the Arizona Cardinals decide that its important to protect our QB. Matt Leinart may or may not be able to play. The way to find out is give him some protection and find out. With our first pick of the 3rd we took a 1st round talent OT and now we supplement with an excellent Center. This may be a little high, but he won't be there at our 4th.

The Cardinals select Center: Eric Olsen from the University of Notre Dame.

large_eric-olsen-tattoo-09-10-09.jpg

Whoa! Washington in the 3rd! Surely there were better tackles on your board?

I got a mid-4th on the guy. Good in pass pro, not so much as a drive blocker. Probably would not be the for the Cards fourth. Who would you have higher that is still available?

Washington and Olsen were both high on my draft board.

In fact I would of been looking REAL hard at Olsen for the last pick in the 3rd.

Whoa! Washington in the 3rd! Surely there were better tackles on your board?

I have a mid 4th on Washington. I did not think he would be there when I picked next. I think he has some amazing talent but his issues have caused people to overlook it. I will take a chance here on talent and a guy who has kept his nose clean for the past 7 years.

I got a mid-4th on the guy. Good in pass pro, not so much as a drive blocker. Probably would not be the for the Cards fourth. Who would you have higher that is still available?
Sam Young from Notre Dame and Kyle Calloway from Iowa are my next two OTs. I have Washington as a 6th rounder.

I have a mid 4th on Washington. I did not think he would be there when I picked next. I think he has some amazing talent but his issues have caused people to overlook it. I will take a chance here on talent and a guy who has kept his nose clean for the past 7 years.

Fair enough. You must have seen something in him that I did not, and that is the beauty of the draft. I did the same think with Owusu-Ansah last round, so I am not one to argue I guess.

Jerry+Jones.jpg

Jerry Jones is happy to have talent on the board when he's looking for secondary help . Even though Chris Cook has a little baggage , this is Dallas and what they like is the 6'2 kid can run a 4.4 and the scouts say his best days are ahead .

Dallas has

1. Anthony Davis OT
2. Rodger Saffold OT/G
3. Chris Cook CB/S

Jerry+Jones.jpg

Jerry Jones is happy to have talent on the board when he's looking for secondary help . Even though Chris Cook has a little baggage , this is Dallas and what they like is the 6'2 kid can run a 4.4 and the scouts say his best days are ahead .

Dallas has

1. Anthony Davis OT
2. Rodger Saffold OT/G
3. Chris Cook CB/S

Darn, another guy I had real high gone.

Sam Young from Notre Dame and Kyle Calloway from Iowa are my next two OTs. I have Washington as a 6th rounder.

Fair enough. You must have seen something in him that I did not, and that is the beauty of the draft. I did the same think with Owusu-Ansah last round, so I am not one to argue I guess.

Part of the fun of the draft is that after a certain point, there is not a ton of consensus as to who is better than who. Nobody will hit on each pick, the more picks you get the more chances you have, but at the end of the game, there is a certain amount of guess work involved!

He wouldn't have been there Tampa Bay was going to take Washington at the top of the 4th rd.

Good pick, 1st rd talent at the bottom of the 3rd rd. Not bad

92) Cleveland Browns (via/NYJ) - section516

93) Minnesota Vikings - rmartin65

94) Indianapolis Colts - Ole Miss Texan

95) New Orleans Saints - Texan In Japan

96) Cincinnati Bengals - JB

97) Tennessee Titans- Texan4Ever

98) Atlanta Falcons - kiwitexansfan

Section516 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Back