Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nico Collins is a legit WR 1

They did, but what do you think the price would be for a truly generational WR that could be in higher demand than any of the QB’s entering the same draft.

I doubt this, but if they made this trade, which I would consider, they will be without rd 1-2 draft picks in 2024 and a 1st in 2025. While I absolutely love Harrison, do you think he's worth the price?

I doubt this, but if they made this trade, which I would consider, they will be without rd 1-2 draft picks in 2024 and a 1st in 2025. While I absolutely love Harrison, do you think he's worth the price?

No, b/c it would be a much higher asking price. Teams within the MHJR slot range would ask for a fortune to slide back in the draft. I wouldn’t be half surprised if the asking price would be a RD1/RD2 in 2024 and 2025.

If Nico Collins stays healthy for a full season, Texans need for a WR1 may not be needed. A top TE, LB, DE, or DB could be the bigger need by next draft. If Georgia TE, Brock Bowers is anywhere the Texans pick…..that’s my target without second guessing myself.

Why would they need to dumb it down? And yeah there are many things working against Stroud that’s out of his control. So you can say no excuses all you want but that’s really just for you. New system, new first time OC who’s never called plays before. New first time head coach. Weak WR group with a bunch of slot guys and no real #1. Still no true C. A LG coming off a terrible rookie campaign. Pff no excuses. Oh and his defense was complete trash last year so he’s probably going to have to score a ton to win games.
No, that was Mill’s defense that was complete trash last year. Stroud, on paper, is inheriting a way better team on both sides of the ball with better coaches. With that said, my expectations for Stroud’s Texans (on a scale from 1 to 10 ) are an 8.

No, b/c it would be a much higher asking price. Teams within the MHJR slot range would ask for a fortune to slide back in the draft. I wouldn’t be half surprised if the asking price would be a RD1/RD2 in 2024 and 2025.

If Nico Collins stays healthy for a full season, Texans need for a WR1 may not be needed. A top TE, LB, DE, or DB could be the bigger need by next draft. If Georgia TE, Brock Bowers is anywhere the Texans pick…..that’s my target without second guessing myself.

If they cant draft Harrison, I hope they draft Bowers.

Rd.1 Bowers
Rd.2 Malik Nabers

Sign Aiyuk in FA to go with Dell/Collins/Metchie/Woods.

Playmakers.

Wow

Love the optimism.

Not an outlandish take. They are similar talents. Only difference is Higgins has had the opportunity to play with elite QBs in both college and NFL while Collins has not. And Collins hasn’t stayed healthy in the NFL. If Collins plays a full season I would expect him to get those numbers. He’s a talented WR who has not played with good QBs.

Similar to Allen Robinson imo. Robinson had to produce at Penn State with Matt Mcgloin and Christian Hackenburg in an OB offense. Then he played for Jacksonville and Chicago with Bortles and Trubisky. But he has been a WR 1 when healthy. I’d say Robinson was a better prospect coming out though. A more polished, complete WR.

I do think Collins would have gone in that same range as Robinson (late 2nd) had he not sat out 2020. He was a raw prospect and missing time has not helped that in the pros.

Hopefully he can contribute at that Higgins/Robinson level when healthy. Hopefully he can be healthy. Hope…

Last edited:
Not an outlandish take. They are similar talents. Only difference is Higgins has had the opportunity to play with elite QBs in both college and NFL while Collins has not. And Collins hasn’t stayed healthy in the NFL. If Collins plays a full season I would expect him to get those numbers. He’s a talented WR who has not played with good QBs.

Similar to Allen Robinson imo. Robinson had to produce at Penn State with Matt Mcgloin and Christian Hackenburg in an OB offense. Then he played for Jacksonville and Chicago with Bortles and Trubisky. But he has been a WR 1 when healthy. I’d say Robinson was a better prospect coming out though. A more polished, complete WR.

I do think Collins would have gone in that same range as Robinson (late 2nd) had he not sat out 2020. He was a raw prospect and missing time has not helped that in the pros.

Hopefully he can contribute at that Higgins/Robinson level when healthy. Hopefully he can be healthy. Hope…
He's got ability, Robinson was more explosive. I'm hoping he has a Higgins season but I'm in prove it mode. If he can stay healthy, in this offense he has an outside chance. Big if.

But you project 10 wins. Where do we get that production?
Sounds like they’re setting them up for the routined bashing. They do have a weak schedule but so many unknowns/ new coaches and players. I predict 7-10 wins, but realistically speaking around 6-7 wins at best.

You're assuming that all those teams would be fighting for a chance to move up to select a WR with QB's and top notch pass rushers still on the board. I doubt it.

You're assuming that all those teams would be fighting for a chance to move up to select a WR with QB's and top notch pass rushers still on the board. I doubt it.

On the contrary, I’m assuming any of those teams drafting in the top 5 spots probably have offensive deficiencies, and having a generational WR available on the draft board is far more enticing than trading out of the spot.

On the contrary, I’m assuming any of those teams drafting in the top 5 spots probably have offensive deficiencies, and having a generational WR available on the draft board is far more enticing than trading out of the spot.
And having more draft capital is even more enticing... teams wouldn't be drafting in the top 5 if they only needed that 1 missing piece... such as Az showed this last draft, they needed WA in a bad way but they needed draft capital more

And having more draft capital is even more enticing... teams wouldn't be drafting in the top 5 if they only needed that 1 missing piece... such as Az showed this last draft, they needed WA in a bad way but they needed draft capital more

Nobody had a generational talent as an option this past draft. If QB- Caleb Williams and WR- Marvin Harrison JR have their expected 2023 seasons, I’m not expecting many teams to willfully trade out of their opportunities to land them.

We have fans here that are upset we traded two firsts & a high 2nd to move from 12 to 3.

I can't imagine a team bad enough to be picking in the top 3 would choose to rebuild around a WR & not trade down 9 spots to pick up a high 2nd & future 1st.

We have fans here that are upset we traded two firsts & a high 2nd to move from 12 to 3.

I can't imagine a team bad enough to be picking in the top 3 would choose to rebuild around a WR & not trade down 9 spots to pick up a high 2nd & future 1st.

Only situation would be if the team was only in that position because their franchise QB got injured in his rookie season and his generational talent WR in college happens to be entering the draft that season. Sound familiar?

I saw a statement from him saying we SHOULD expect 10 wins.

Let @steelbtexan speak for himself.

Yes, they should win 10 games next yr. The talent is there. They wont win 10 games because of QB play. If Stroud can play at a top 15 level then 10 wins would be a probability.

Sounds like they’re setting them up for the routined bashing. They do have a weak schedule but so many unknowns/ new coaches and players. I predict 7-10 wins, but realistically speaking around 6-7 wins at best.

If he's what you think he is he should play at the level Purdy played at last yr. That should be good for 10 wins.

For Haarison if a team wasn't QB needy I could see picking Harrison. He's that good. Probably after QB's go 1-1 and 1-2 then Harrison at 1-3 after a trade down from 1-1 or 1-2.

For Haarison if a team wasn't QB needy I could see picking Harrison. He's that good. Probably after QB's go 1-1 and 1-2 then Harrison at 1-3 after a trade down from 1-1 or 1-2.
Yes, but not that many will give up draft capital to move up to select him. I would

If he's what you think he is he should play at the level Purdy played at last yr. That should be good for 10 wins.

...are you under the impression that outside QB, the rest of the Texans positions, as they currently stand, are equal to the 49'ers?

Getting a 10 yr HOF type WR would be a good use of resources. IMHO

I'm hoping they can come out of that draft with one of Harrison/Bowers or Verse.

I'm sticking with TE, Bowers b/c he should be in a more attainable range, without giving up too much draft capital, if he doesn't fall into the Texans lap.

I was defending the guy this offseason like I'm his mother or something and even I didn't see him as a number 1 WR but these first two games have been pretty impressive. My take all offseason was "I think he can be a high end #2 option but I don't see him as a #1. I still think his game is lacking in some areas but he has been deadly over the middle these first two weeks. I'm very excited to see if he can keep up the production.

I was defending the guy this offseason like I'm his mother or something and even I didn't see him as a number 1 WR but these first two games have been pretty impressive. My take all offseason was "I think he can be a high end #2 option but I don't see him as a #1. I still think his game is lacking in some areas but he has been deadly over the middle these first two weeks. I'm very excited to see if he can keep up the production.
Imagine it they could add Worthy and Sanders to the receiving corps, to go with Collins/Tank/Woods/Metchie.

Weapons

Back