Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Nico Collins is a legit WR 1

Why? If healthy, Brown is a far superior player at this time. What about X excites you? To me, he is completely replaceable. I see nothing special with that cat. Maybe he will make some great leap, but last year he couldn’t get open if his life depended on it, and if you can’t separate you won’t play in this offense for long.
Yep, if X was all that then adding Diggs wouldn't have been a priority.

X is a good blocker though. Best case scenario for X is he turns out to be another Jennings. But I just dont see it, I do think X makes the team this yr though.

This is going to be the biggest change in this yrs offense.

Green and Mixon are as big of adds to this offense as Diggs. IMHO.

I’m reserving judgement on Green. His rookie year was a mess. He didn’t pass protect well at all. Run blocking was inconsistent, albeit good at times…and he was injury prone. Last year of course he missed the entire year due to injury. Supposedly, he looks the part this year so I’m hopeful but I don’t think anyone knows what he will be this year. Health is a major concern as well. Assuming he even stays healthy, he could start and dominate, or be so bad they give him his walking papers…or anywhere in between. I’m not sold….yet. Hope he kicks ass though.

Yep, if X was all that then adding Diggs wouldn't have been a priority.

X is a good blocker though. Best case scenario for X is he turns out to be another Jennings. But I just dont see it, I do think X makes the team this yr though.

I have him very borderline. Some of this may come down to injury, but just for the sake of argument, let’s assume full health for the WR group. You have Collins, Dell, and Diggs as 100% making the team. I personally would put Noah around 90% or better of making the team.

That leaves Hutch, Ben S., Robert Woods, John Metchie, and Steven Sims as realistic roster candidates. That’s five guys for what is likely two spots…three if they really stretch it.

I have to believe Metchie is likely the fifth guy. They traded for Ben S for a reason right? Let’s plug him in at #6. That may be it for the group. But if they keep a 7th guy, you are now down to Sims, Woods, or X. And frankly, I’m not sure I’d keep any of those 3. Is any so valuable your going to rob a spot from another position group?

Woods is a cut candidate pre/during camp, but we don’t know that yet, so for this exercise he’s in the mix to the end.

I’m reserving judgement on Green. His rookie year was a mess. He didn’t pass protect well at all. Run blocking was inconsistent, albeit good at times…and he was injury prone. Last year of course he missed the entire year due to injury. Supposedly, he looks the part this year so I’m hopeful but I don’t think anyone knows what he will be this year. Health is a major concern as well. Assuming he even stays healthy, he could start and dominate, or be so bad they give him his walking papers…or anywhere in between. I’m not sold….yet. Hope he kicks ass

I’m reserving judgement on Green. His rookie year was a mess. He didn’t pass protect well at all. Run blocking was inconsistent, albeit good at times…and he was injury prone. Last year of course he missed the entire year due to injury. Supposedly, he looks the part this year so I’m hopeful but I don’t think anyone knows what he will be this year. Health is a major concern as well. Assuming he even stays healthy, he could start and dominate, or be so bad they give him his walking papers…or anywhere in between. I’m not sold….yet. Hope he kicks ass though.
He got hurt in week 4 of his rookie yr and played hurt throughout the rest of the season. Plus as a rookie he hadn't had a NFL S&C program. Last yr he was hurt to begin the offseason and they correctly shut him down.

It looks like during his yr off he took his profession seriously and got in the best shape of his life. The talent is there though, he's the guy that held WA To no sacks and performed like a 1st rd pick against WA. Good times are ahead. BTW, some were saying these same things about Stingley last offseason and rightfully so. I'm looking for a Stingley type turnaround from Green this yr. A top 10 OG.

If Fisher can come through and the OL stays healthy this offense will be a top 5ish type offense. I dont think Howard is going to be as good as many here think he's going to be, his injury is a brutal injury to make it back from.

Why? If healthy, Brown is a far superior player at this time. What about X excites you? To me, he is completely replaceable. I see nothing special with that cat. Maybe he will make some great leap, but last year he couldn’t get open if his life depended on it, and if you can’t separate you won’t play in this offense for long.
Well "if healthy " is the point correct? X is in his "Nico" season at $1 m. Pre-season will be his trial by fire. Only 18-19 targets but 11 APC keeps my interest.. for now.
As I have stated prior, Noah Brown if healthy would be a thousand yard rusher on many teams. I am just not sure his shoulder injury plus his inguinal tears let him stay on the field. Caserio had to guarantee $3 million which told me other teams were interested.
Both are bubble guys.

I’m reserving judgement on Green. His rookie year was a mess. He didn’t pass protect well at all. Run blocking was inconsistent, albeit good at times…and he was injury prone. Last year of course he missed the entire year due to injury. Supposedly, he looks the part this year so I’m hopeful but I don’t think anyone knows what he will be this year. Health is a major concern as well. Assuming he even stays healthy, he could start and dominate, or be so bad they give him his walking papers…or anywhere in between. I’m not sold….yet. Hope he kicks ass

The Houston Texans were wise to lock up Nico Collins last week just days before Justin Jefferson received his lucrative four-year contract.

Jaylen Waddle signed after Nico too. I wonder if his contract would have played a factor in Nico’s negotiations. 3 year contract.

Jaylen Waddle signed after Nico too. I wonder if his contract would have played a factor in Nico’s negotiations. 3 year contract.
I am a huge fan of Waddell from Alabama and watched him play. I actually thought he would sign before Nico Collins. A three season thousand yarder, he had that over our guy but a year older.

Nothing to really support my opinion, but I think Miami padded the contract slightly hoping to encourage Tua Tag to accept less in his extension. Whatever the Dolphins quarterback gets will be significantly more than what I would pay him with his injury history.

I am a huge fan of Waddell from Alabama and watched him play. I actually thought he would sign before Nico Collins. A three season thousand yarder, he had that over our guy but a year older.

Nothing to really support my opinion, but I think Miami padded the contract slightly hoping to encourage Tua Tag to accept less in his extension. Whatever the Dolphins quarterback gets will be significantly more than what I would pay him with his injury history.
Tua about to get more than what Goff did I can almost guarantee it.

I just want to take a moment to appreciate what the team has in Nico Collins. He is an absolute physical specimen just like our HOF WR Andre Johnson was…

So many top WRs in the NFL nowadays are more the 6’ or 6’1” smooth route runner types. Davante Adams, Justin Jefferson, Stefon Diggs.

There are not too many of the 6’3” or 6’4” beasts playing WR at a high level these days. I guess there never really were and we were spoiled by AJ all those years.

But when I look at the biggest physical specimens that are also good at playing WR, I see Nico and DK Metcalf. DK is an absolute unit and obviously runs faster in a straight line. But Nico is the more polished WR, better hands, superior technician.

A physical specimen and a technician. It’s almost like history is repeating itself :)

Back