Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nico Collins is a legit WR 1

Why? Bring in a hot prospect in this draft plus trade for a WR1. Then decide how much you want to spend on Nico during season. We have to change our mindset that our guys are going to flee elsewhere and we are going to be left destitute. We're sitting at a different poker table this off season.
Hey, I've had bad relationships, too. But this is just football.

Why? Bring in a hot prospect in this draft plus trade for a WR1. Then decide how much you want to spend on Nico during season. We have to change our mindset that our guys are going to flee elsewhere and we are going to be left destitute. We're sitting at a different poker table this off season.

Trading for a WR1 to pay that person the money you could be paying Nico? That doesn’t make sense. The Titans traded away AJ Brown, tried to draft his replacement in Treylon Burks, to end up just paying similar money to Calvin Ridley that they could have paid AJ Brown. A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.

Keep drafting sure. But trading away draft picks and paying for a WR1 when you potentially already have one on the team? No thanks. IMHO.

Because that’s the nature of the business now. Players are getting paid big time after a breakout season. Therefore, Nick probably want to lock him up before he has another explosive season. It probably would be cheaper to do it now versus next offseason.

Trading for a WR1 to pay that person the money you could be paying Nico? That doesn’t make sense. The Titans traded away AJ Brown, tried to draft his replacement in Treylon Burks, to end up just paying similar money to Calvin Ridley that they could have paid AJ Brown. A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.

Keep drafting sure. But trading away draft picks and paying for a WR1 when you potentially already have one on the team? No thanks. IMHO.
Depends on what you trade; who you trade for and how much you pay 'em. I do appreciate you being honest though.

Makes eminent sense.

I think at this point we should realize that Texans see this year as their best shot at a SB run. They will have Diggs and Collins which is very unlikely to be the case next year. They can draft a WR, which I believe they will, but this is the only year they have Dell, Collins and Diggs for sure on the field together. Not only that but does anyone really believe Slowik will go another year without a HC job if he does anything close to what he did last year? Many of these moves remind me of the Rams, possibly making future years tougher in order to get the best shot possible this year. Its worked for the Rams, they got their trophy, so here's hoping it works for us to.

I think at this point we should realize that Texans see this year as their best shot at a SB run.
I think the Texans realize that this is their first shot at a Super Bowl. And have acted accordingly. That doesn't mitigate chances for future Super Bowl appearances. There will be personnel and coaching losses along the way. But with CJ and DeMeco, the Texans should be contenders for the foreseeable future.

I think at this point we should realize that Texans see this year as their best shot at a SB run. They will have Diggs and Collins which is very unlikely to be the case next year. They can draft a WR, which I believe they will, but this is the only year they have Dell, Collins and Diggs for sure on the field together. Not only that but does anyone really believe Slowik will go another year without a HC job if he does anything close to what he did last year? Many of these moves remind me of the Rams, possibly making future years tougher in order to get the best shot possible this year. Its worked for the Rams, they got their trophy, so here's hoping it works for us to.
What have they done that reminds you of the Rams?

Sure they traded for Diggs on the cheap. But they had the extra 2nd from the trade down. It's nothing like what the Rams did .

Caserio, Ryans are doing exactly what should've been happening for the last 2 decades. Building through the draft, trades and FA. Of course to build a team like this costs more money. Now that BOB, Janice are no longer running the team it appears that Cal, Hannah are in it to win it rather than maximize profits.

Sure they traded for Diggs on the cheap. But they had the extra 2nd from the trade down. It's nothing like what the Rams did .

Caserio, Ryans are doing exactly what should've been happening for the last 2 decades. Building through the draft, trades and FA. Of course to build a team like this costs more money. Now that BOB, Janice are no longer running the team it appears that Cal, Hannah are in it to win it rather than maximize profits.
They’re spending the money on big name players while their core franchise players are young. I believe the Rams did the same thing.
Perfect time to go for it all.

They’re spending the money on big name players while their core franchise players are young. I believe the Rams did the same thing.
Perfect time to go for it all.
Agreed, but they still have all of their draft picks this year and going forward. I know they don't have a 5th this year but you get what I'm talking about. The Rams traded future picks for win now players. The Texans not so much.

A slight correction as I think they are in it to win it but can continue to maximize their profits. I hope I am a prophet on this.

Back