Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nico Collins is a legit WR 1

I don't know about that... going back to mid-May to prove a point about how you felt about Stroud's performance isn't exactly a healthy thing for most people
I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Funny thing is I cant remember what I was doing yesterday, much less what I said on a MB post back in May. SMH

Getting back on topic, what do you think of Collins performance this yr? Looks like he was worth trading up for to me, despte people like Speedy's spreadsheet telling him otherwise. Thing is because of Covid it had been a long time since Collins had played in a game. It was always going to take him more time than usual to learn the NFL game and how professionals take care of their bodies off the field in addition to all of the on field stuff. This wont be a popular opinion with some but I think being around Cooks really helped Collins.

On another note, how good do you think the Texans offense would look with Sanders and Worthy on this team to go along with Collins/Tank/Metchie/Woods?

Last edited:
On another note, how good do you think the Texans offense would look with Sanders and Worthy on this team to go along with Collins/Tank/Metchie/Woods?
Not sure which Sanders you are talking about. I like Worthy

I want to see Slowick utilize the TE before thinking about adding another
A good TE is a necessity for the WCO to be top tier.

Right now the TE's are having to help out the subpar OL (Due to injury) and aren't a factor in the passing game.

I want to see Slowick utilize the TE before thinking about adding another
I haven't been watching the all-22, but is Slowik using the TE alot for max-protect, out of necessity? I did notice a few times, when Stroud had alot of time in the pocket, Texans were in max protect.

I know Worthy. He's good but what about his hands? Some people criticize his hands.

Sanders? Not sure about him. Don't know him offhand.

We need a stud TE too.

As far as the topic, Nico looks like a high-end #2 to me. We need a true #1 stud and this WR group will be looking sweet.

I know Worthy. He's good but what about his hands? Some people criticize his hands.

We need a stud TE too.

As far as the topic, Nico looks like a high-end #2 to me. We need a true #1 stud and this WR group will be looking sweet.
His number prorates out to 1,921 yards over 17 games.

It's hard for a no. 1 to get that, let alone a no. 2

Last edited:

We need a stud TE too.

Worthy was playing with a broken hand last yr when he was dropping passes. This hasn't been an issue this yr.

Sanders can block and is fast enough to get down the seams. Good hands too.

Neithet Jimmy G nor Purdy has the arm, so the writer's narrative of a vertical attack is a stretch.

All coaches add their own twist and the game evolves but the NFL, as they said, is a game of copy cat.

What Kubiak and Kyle have been doing that's different than the WCO of old is much more pre snap motion, adding the gap scheme, and incorporating the RPO.

So when people asked Kyle about the WCO, he can and did tell them that he's not running the WCO.

Remember how DR told the reporters that Keenum knows the playbook like the back of his hand?
Well, Keenum have never played for the Shanahans.
What does that tell us?

Neither Jimmy G nor Purdy has the arm, so the writer's narrative of a vertical attack is a stretch.

All coaches add their own twist and the game evolves but the NFL, as they said, is a game of copy cat.

What Kubiak and Kyle have been doing that's different than the WCO of old is much more pre snap motion, adding the gap scheme, and incorporating the RPO.

So when people asked Kyle about the WCO, he can and did tell them that he's not running the WCO.

Remember how DR told the reporters that Keenum knows the playbook like the back of his hand?
Well, Keenum have never played for the Shanahans.
What does that tell us?
Purdy may not have the arm that Josh Allen has, but it's plenty strong and accurate enough. I think he's second in ypa at 8.6. That's well above the NFL average. He has accuracy and arm strength. It may not be JaMarcus Russell strong, but we all know how that ended.
Stroud doesn't have the "strongest arm" either, but he can put the ball where he wants to the majority of the time.
As far as "most coaches add their own twist" argument, few have done it as well as Kyle Shanahan. He's redefined the offense and made it something else.

Purdy may not have the arm that Josh Allen has, but it's plenty strong and accurate enough. I think he's second in ypa at 8.6. That's well above the NFL average. He has accuracy and arm strength. It may not be JaMarcus Russell strong, but we all know how that ended.
Stroud doesn't have the "strongest arm" either, but he can put the ball where he wants to the majority of the time.
As far as "most coaches add their own twist" argument, few have done it as well as Kyle Shanahan. He's redefined the offense and made it something else.
Purdy's sweet spot is the intermediate throws.
Similar to Jimmy G, his success is due to strength of the guys around him.

Purdy's lack of arm strength must have been the reason he didn't get drafted earlier.

Arm strength is a plus. But I favor accuracy, ball placement, timing, and ball security, along with understanding the best guy to throw to on a particular play, and the overallmental side of the game. If the guy has a plus arm, all the better. Brady and Montana didn’t have great arms but they did ok I’d say. CJ has a better arm than those guys or Purdy for that matter, but also seems to have all those other items mentioned. Seems = it’s still early in his career.

The common factors in these plays: No pressure and open receiver(s).

Purdy left a lot of yards and at least a couple of TDs on the field.

Bottom line is, despite having his worst game as a pro, he lead his team down the field in the last minute of the game for a chance to win on a 41 yd FG. There was plenty of pressure on Purdy during the Browns game.

Purdy's very good, I mean he's lost 1 game that he's started and finished. I'm trying to understand (Failing, yet not surprised) why you made this post. Winners win just accept this.

Arm strength is a plus. But I favor accuracy, ball placement, timing, and ball security, along with understanding the best guy to throw to on a particular play, and the overallmental side of the game. If the guy has a plus arm, all the better. Brady and Montana didn’t have great arms but they did ok I’d say. CJ has a better arm than those guys or Purdy for that matter, but also seems to have all those other items mentioned. Seems = it’s still early in his career.
Arm strength isn't just how far a QB can chuck the ball.

I've discussed this a number of times over the years.

When the C and or the G get pushed back into the pocket, the QB can't step into the throw so he has to throw muddy.
The throw requires arm strength since he can't use his legs to generate the additional torque.

When the QB runs right and throw left (across his body); same thing.
Throwing on the run itself requires arm strength.

When the QB rolls out and reset his feet to throw (especially to the opposite side of the field); oftentimes he doesn't have all the time in the world; he also needs the arm strength.

When playing in windy and/or wet conditions, the arm strength helps pushing the ball against the elements.

Things like that.

At the moment, the scheme affords Purdy the space and/or the time to make most throws while having open receiver(s).

He doesn't have the accuracy of Stroud and left a lot of yards and points on the field.
Imagine Stroud playing in the Niners team.
Scary thought.

Another weakness of Purdy is playing against pressure (luckily, the Niners blocking scheme has been working quite well (this includes max protect).

Purdy hasn't played against many great defenses.
He will see more of them the rest of the way.

In the game against the Browns, Purdy also seemed to struggle against the element.

Why are you knocking Purdy? He’s been excellent. Considering where the 49ers got him, they got the steal of the draft. Probably dumb luck like the Pats and Brady. I still think CJ has a better arm, but it’s not like Purdy can’t make all the throws the 49ers require.

Why are you knocking Purdy? He’s been excellent. Considering where the 49ers got him, they got the steal of the draft. Probably dumb luck like the Pats and Brady. I still think CJ has a better arm, but it’s not like Purdy can’t make all the throws the 49ers require.
I was merely discussing his game.

All the positives that he posesses were already mentioned.

How in the hades does a Nico Collins thread turn into a full blown Brock Purdy thread with YouTube breakdowns?
I was about to say, knowing that Purdy has only lost one game (not counting the last playoff game) and Stroud's being at 3-3; who would "you" (in general) take as your QB.

My answer is Stroud.

Back