Support and keep Texans Talk going. Make a donation here.

Nico Collins is a legit WR 1

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I don't know about that... going back to mid-May to prove a point about how you felt about Stroud's performance isn't exactly a healthy thing for most people
I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Funny thing is I cant remember what I was doing yesterday, much less what I said on a MB post back in May. SMH

Getting back on topic, what do you think of Collins performance this yr? Looks like he was worth trading up for to me, despte people like Speedy's spreadsheet telling him otherwise. Thing is because of Covid it had been a long time since Collins had played in a game. It was always going to take him more time than usual to learn the NFL game and how professionals take care of their bodies off the field in addition to all of the on field stuff. This wont be a popular opinion with some but I think being around Cooks really helped Collins.

On another note, how good do you think the Texans offense would look with Sanders and Worthy on this team to go along with Collins/Tank/Metchie/Woods?

Last edited:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
On another note, how good do you think the Texans offense would look with Sanders and Worthy on this team to go along with Collins/Tank/Metchie/Woods?
Not sure which Sanders you are talking about. I like Worthy

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I want to see Slowick utilize the TE before thinking about adding another
A good TE is a necessity for the WCO to be top tier.

Right now the TE's are having to help out the subpar OL (Due to injury) and aren't a factor in the passing game.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
I want to see Slowick utilize the TE before thinking about adding another
I haven't been watching the all-22, but is Slowik using the TE alot for max-protect, out of necessity? I did notice a few times, when Stroud had alot of time in the pocket, Texans were in max protect.

Porky

Hall of Fame
I know Worthy. He's good but what about his hands? Some people criticize his hands.

Sanders? Not sure about him. Don't know him offhand.

We need a stud TE too.

As far as the topic, Nico looks like a high-end #2 to me. We need a true #1 stud and this WR group will be looking sweet.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
I know Worthy. He's good but what about his hands? Some people criticize his hands.

We need a stud TE too.

As far as the topic, Nico looks like a high-end #2 to me. We need a true #1 stud and this WR group will be looking sweet.
His number prorates out to 1,921 yards over 17 games.

It's hard for a no. 1 to get that, let alone a no. 2

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

We need a stud TE too.

Worthy was playing with a broken hand last yr when he was dropping passes. This hasn't been an issue this yr.

Sanders can block and is fast enough to get down the seams. Good hands too.